TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22841 Posts

Hey Deckers.... Deck Heads...? No no that's right.... Friends of the Deck! I was just admiring my game collection and wondering what you all were focused on currently! I find now that my game tastes are all over the map right now, but I'm enjoying having small/medium/large games at the ready on the go!

Sometimes I turn my deck on and don't know what to choose! TMNT has been getting most of my time though... I just read the last ronin!

Show off your sexy steam deck screen for everyone to marvel at!

Oh! And mine is the 256gb model with a 256gb card in the slot.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58435 Posts

@TheEroica: Really tempted to get a Steam Deck but I'm just not sure how much use it would get.

How does a game like NMS play on it? I know it's not a particularly demanding game, it just seems like something that should be played on a big screen.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheEroica  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

@TheEroica: Really tempted to get a Steam Deck but I'm just not sure how much use it would get.

How does a game like NMS play on it? I know it's not a particularly demanding game, it just seems like something that should be played on a big screen.

I have more than 100 hours of NMS on steam deck alone... It runs perfectly! Every element. Buttery smooth and so damn satisfying to play on deck. I think you'd be shocked at how good it is on the deck. Pssst.... Sometimes I plug it into the dock and play on big screen too! Though definitely not as high fi as a big rig would run it on TV.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

How does Sunset Overdrive work on it?

Ive been playing the Megaman series on it for the last 4 months. Also playing NG Sigma

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

Sold mine at a profit lul.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

I'm surprised anyone bought that thing. Wow.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I have 121 games installed. Can't show them all.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator

@my_user_name said:

How does Sunset Overdrive work on it?

Ive been playing the Megaman series on it for the last 4 months. Also playing NG Sigma

Just played through it and found it so fun I'm actually still zipping around the city doing side jobs and collecting things. I had no idea it was as good as Spiderman, maybe better! Performance was fantastic. Not a single hiccup, slowdown or crash. Just really gorgeous handheld performance all around.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

@TheEroica: SO is so underated!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator

@kathaariancode said:

@TheEroica: SO is so underated!

Criminally.... It's a shame Insomniac won't be developing a new one for Microsoft, but if Microsoft owns the ip they should put a quality dev on it....

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_user_name

@TheEroica:

Cool. It's one of my favorite from the 8th gen

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEroica  Moderator

@my_user_name said:

@TheEroica:

Cool. It's one of my favorite from the 8th gen

Yep, it's a great experience on deck. It's oddly rated unsupported, but it boots right up and works without flaw. One little error screen pops up on install but you click "OK" and the game runs like nothing is wrong.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

@DEVILinIRON said:

I have 121 games installed. Can't show them all.

😍😍😍

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEroica  Moderator
@girlusocrazy said:
  • Elden Ring
  • Nier Automata
  • Dave the Diver
  • Season
  • Sea of Stars
  • RE4 Remake
  • Viewfinder
  • Undertale
  • GTAV
  • Dark Souls 1+2+3
  • Deathsmiles
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Evil Within 1+2
  • Ikaruga
  • Darius Cozmic Collection
  • Dariusburst CS
  • R-Type Final 2
  • Portal 1+2
  • Rogue Legacy 2
  • Umihara Kawase
  • Like a Dragon

I have been gaming a lot on the Steam Deck. I can't get any time on the PS5s because they are constantly busy, and I think buying another one and another TV doesn't make sense when the Pro is likely on the horizon. It's nice not being blocked by anyone walking by the TV, and I can bring it places like the office when I have to go and keep playing.

It's getting me back into PC gaming because I don't have to F around with anything. I transferred to playing on the PC a few times, but there are odd issues that still make the Steam Deck preferable.

Ohhh you're making me remember to download a couple SHMUPS!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45330 Posts

I just came in to say, I'm looking forward to Switch 2 😎

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17853 Posts

My deck was mothballed a bit as I was playing Bayonetta Origins on my switch. But, with that done, i'll be putting the deck back on duty soon enough.

I was playing Bastion but I think I'm going to call time on that. I don't think I will finish it. It's fine but i just don't have the urge to play it any more.

Not 100% sure what i'll play next but maybe wildermyth. Or quake 2 enhanced edition: shake off the old rust on using a steam controller for a FPS.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58435 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I have more than 100 hours of NMS on steam deck alone... It runs perfectly! Every element. Buttery smooth and so damn satisfying to play on deck. I think you'd be shocked at how good it is on the deck. Pssst.... Sometimes I plug it into the dock and play on big screen too! Though definitely not as high fi as a big rig would run it on TV.

I completely forgot there was a dock for it. That'd be a really easy way to bring my PC out to my living room.

How does that work? Do you just sync a controller to the deck, plug the Deck into the dock, and have at it?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@TheEroica: what is your opinion on the legion go? Are you excited for it? Personally I am...especially the mouse feature and integration with AR glasses

My steam deck doesn't have much, that's because my gamepass app runs most new games on it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

Maybe later but for now here are some screenshots I took on the Deck:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@TheEroica said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I completely forgot there was a dock for it. That'd be a really easy way to bring my PC out to my living room.

How does that work? Do you just sync a controller to the deck, plug the Deck into the dock, and have at it?

There IS a dock... It doesn't improve performance though so really you could use any micro USB C to HDMI and it'll he "docked"

Probably more powerful methods of getting your living room to level up on PC games but lots of games look and play fine when docked!

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Sold mine for an Ally. Sold my Ally for a 4090 Alienware laptop. Never used either in handheld mode so I'm happy with the laptop.

The Legion Go looks like the handheld to best now, though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 Willy105  Online
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

I need to get myself a Steam Deck.

I don't need it cause I have a Switch, but it seems like something I'd use a lot.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

Well if the ROG Ally counts for this thread here are the games I have installed.

DC Dual Force

Guild Wars 2

Arietta of Spirits

Blackguards

Blackguards 2

Blue Fire Void Maker

Caliber

Caesar III

Combat Master

DJ Max Respect V

Enderal Special Edition

Eternal Edge +

Fell Seal Arbiters Mark

Fighting Fantasy Classics

Geometry Dash

Gloria Victus

Guts and Glory

Lost Ark

Lost Eidelons

Midnight Ghost Hunt

Muse Dash

Never Give Up

New Age

Northguard

Rust

Runes of Magic

SCUM

Shadowverse

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove

Skeletal Avenger

Solasta Crown of the Magister

Soundodger+

Super Panda Adventures

Undecember

Veiled Experts

Wallpaper Engine

Black Book

Various other smaller games

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 853 Posts

I see you have Dark Souls 2 installed, nice.

I am currently playing Dark Souls 1 on my laptop, built will buy a Steam Deck if it releases here in Australia. Do Dark Souls games run good on the Deck? Are the controls good? I can’t wait to play the games while laying on my bed with the lights turned off, that would suit the dark atmosphere lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34702 Posts

@theam0g said:

Sold mine for an Ally. Sold my Ally for a 4090 Alienware laptop. Never used either in handheld mode so I'm happy with the laptop.

The Legion Go looks like the handheld to best now, though.

You got a Steam Deck and a ROG Ally, and never used either in handheld mode? That is super weird.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

I thought PC guys bought big beefy rigs to play their games at 4k, 120fps, and yet the deck doesn't do any of that i'm lead to believe.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@TheEroica: what is your opinion on the legion go? Are you excited for it? Personally I am...especially the mouse feature and integration with AR glasses

My steam deck doesn't have much, that's because my gamepass app runs most new games on it.

I'm super psyched for Legion Go! I won't be buying it because I'm really quite happy right now with my SD and have been blazing through backlog and newer games that don't overcook it.

What I love about legion go is that it's a powerhouse that's unafraid to go bigger on the screen and implement that really cool mouse nunchuck idea.... When I see handheld entering the pc space like this latest wave it just makes me that much more excited for steam deck 2 and what's to come along side it!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator
@last_lap said:

I thought PC guys bought big beefy rigs to play their games at 4k, 120fps, and yet the deck doesn't do any of that i'm lead to believe.

I'm Valves favorite new customer.... Never cared about beefy rigs. No interest in what components are running my games as long as they run fairly well. I want my game library tk never be locked behind a console wall and I want free online. Gabe salivates for his new favorite customers. He made pc on the go gaming totally relavent for us.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Moderator
@lavamelon said:

I see you have Dark Souls 2 installed, nice.

I am currently playing Dark Souls 1 on my laptop, built will buy a Steam Deck if it releases here in Australia. Do Dark Souls games run good on the Deck? Are the controls good? I can’t wait to play the games while laying on my bed with the lights turned off, that would suit the dark atmosphere lol.

Dark souls games play like a dream on steam deck. Elden ring was sooooooo good on deck.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

I'm Valves favorite new customer.... Never cared about beefy rigs. No interest in what components are running my games as long as they run fairly well. I want my game library tk never be locked behind a console wall and I want free online. Gabe salivates for his new favorite customers. He made pc on the go gaming totally relavent for us.

Correct me if i'm wrong but not every game runs well on Steam deck, basically some unplayable right?

What's the point of a portable device if some of the games you bought run crappy or not at all?

What does paying for online have to do with anything?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

I have these games installed:

• Ace Combat 7
  • BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
  • DoDonPachi Resurrection
  • Freedom Planet 2
  • GTA V
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Nier Replicant
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Persona 5 Strikers
  • Rocket League
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic Frontiers
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic Mania
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
  • TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
  • TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection
  • Yakuza 0
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but not every game runs well on Steam deck, basically some unplayable right?

What's the point of a portable device if some of the games you bought run crappy or not at all?

Right off the top many brand new tech pushing games probably won't be optimized for deck. So no not every game will run on the deck.

I terms of the rating system, games are "verified" every week and valve has done excellent working with developers on keeping that process moving. It should also be added that I install and play games perfectly that are rated "playable" (meaning you may have to sign into an account or something small) and "unplayable" (I just put 20 hours into sunset overdrive and it ran perfectly despite being rated unplayable.)

Ivr played no games in my library that if define as "crappy" and I've been disippointed I couldn't play a few games (splinter cell conviction was one I tried and never got it running)

I assure you I barely even look at the rating system though. Nearly all of my library is playable.... Performance is fantastic on it too...

I terms of paying for online play.... Look at what Sony just did to their online services pricing structure and ask me again why free online and full backwards compatibility matters.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

Right off the top many brand new tech pushing games probably won't be optimized for deck. So no not every game will run on the deck.

I terms of the rating system, games are "verified" every week and valve has done excellent working with developers on keeping that process moving. It should also be added that I install and play games perfectly that are rated "playable" (meaning you may have to sign into an account or something small) and "unplayable" (I just put 20 hours into sunset overdrive and it ran perfectly despite being rated unplayable.)

Ivr played no games in my library that if define as "crappy" and I've been disippointed I couldn't play a few games (splinter cell conviction was one I tried and never got it running)

I assure you I barely even look at the rating system though. Nearly all of my library is playable.... Performance is fantastic on it too...

I terms of paying for online play.... Look at what Sony just did to their online services pricing structure and ask me again why free online and full backwards compatibility matters.

Well technically you don't have full backwards compatibility then if we go by the highlighted parts.

Secondly the Steam deck is not cheap, and yet doesn't play your entire library. that alone is grounds for an instant refund. If this was something happening on Xbox, Switch, PS they would cop a heap of criticism (and rightfully so) for it.

"Steam Deck in Australia: Pricing and availabilityAussies can expect to pay around AU$849-AU$889 for an entry-level 64GB model, roughly AU$1,049 for the 256GB version, and somewhere in the AU$1,212-AU$1,250 region for the top-end 512GB variant.7"

Why would I want to pay between $889-$1,250 for a gaming system and have to look for a list every time I want to buy a game to see if it works or if the games I currently own work, that just crazy.

At least when you buy a game that has an Xbox, PS or Nintendo logo you know it's going to work.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

112 installed + maybe 30 emulated games (SNES, Genesis mostly). No value in showing a screenshot of 10/112 games.

Unfortunately I've played it far less than intended/desired. I'm just rarely in a place where I'm on the road and (1) not driving myself or (2) not sleeping (eg on a plane). And if I'm stationary at home and want to game, why wouldn't I be playing on my 4090 PC or my PS5, you know?

So yea. I think this may be the last mobile console I ever purchase. Not because it isn't worth it, but because my lifestyle just doesn't fit with mobile gaming anymore. Hasn't for a long time, if I'm honest with myself.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@adrian1480 said:

No value in showing a screenshot of 10/112 games.

So, showing a sample is of no value? You could show a pic of your favorite top 10 if you had wanted.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 my_user_name

@last_lap:

If you only look at verified games, the Deck has atleast as big of a library as the Switch. If you bump that to include 'playable' games then the Deck's library dwarfs the Switch and the other consoles as well. I've only had 2 games out of 30+ not work so far. (One of which was 20+ years old)

The deck isn't much more expensive then a switch and far more powerful. Games are cheaper on Steam/PC and you don't have to pay for online ... so that evens out.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEroica  Moderator

@my_user_name said:

@last_lap:

If you only look at verified games, the Deck has atleast as big of a library as the Switch. If you bump that to include 'playable' games then the Deck's library dwarfs the Switch and the other consoles as well. I've only had 2 games out of 30+ not work so far. (One of which was 20+ years old)

The deck isn't much more expensive then a switch and far more powerful. Games are cheaper on Steam/PC and you don't have to pay for online ... so that evens out.

This....

Further I'd add that if you are not at least somewhat in the mindset of why a dedicated handheld is valuable to your lifestyle you may likely just crave your pc or console.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:
@adrian1480 said:

No value in showing a screenshot of 10/112 games.

So, showing a sample is of no value? You could show a pic of your favorite top 10 if you had wanted.

I don't think there's a way to sort by "top 10". It's just alphabetical.

I'm not even sure what "top 10" would mean here. Top 10 most played? Top 10 highest rated? Top 10 most popular (user vote)? Top 10 I'm looking forward to trying?

That's 4 fairly different lists.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DEVILinIRON

Sort your favorites to hours played, perhaps would at least give the viewer a taste of your favorites. But it's no big deal. Of course you don't have to share if you don't want to. I was just saying.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blaznwiipspman1

@TheEroica: yep, legion go is very exciting. Detachable controller, latest rdna3 chip, the mouse innovation. But for me, the coolest thing they showed off is the AR glasses. Downsides with these new handhelds is how they're using 1080p screens...something that is completely and utterly useless on a handheld device. They need to stay in their lane, stick to 720p and make the screen oled instead.

The main advantage the deck has over the competition is the software implementation. Steam OS is very optimized for gaming on handheld, while windows 11 isn't. I wouldn't say windows 11 is bad for handheld gaming, but steam OS definitely provides the best experience for handheld pc gaming. How much that matters depends on the person.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5177 Posts

As a physical game collector with shelves and shelves of games......I don't see the point in showing off digital game collections......I thought the point of digital was not to do this? I feel like this is saying "look at all my mp3s!"

IDK you do you I guess. Or care to elaborate? I understand physical because of art, manuals, and other bonus trinkets

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheEroica  Moderator

@Star67 said:

As a physical game collector with shelves and shelves of games......I don't see the point in showing off digital game collections......I thought the point of digital was not to do this? I feel like this is saying "look at all my mp3s!"

IDK you do you I guess. Or care to elaborate? I understand physical because of art, manuals, and other bonus trinkets

It's mor an inquiry of what your gaming tastes are at the moment and not a reflection of box art. Steam deck provides this amazing opportunity to take your entire steam library on the go.... That encompasses so many years of gaming and it's fun to see of deck gamers are using the console.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator
@DEVILinIRON said:

Sort your favorites to hours played, perhaps would at least give the viewer a taste of your favorites. But it's no big deal. Of course you don't have to share if you don't want to. I was just saying.

Not favorites.... What is installed right now.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@TheEroica: yep, legion go is very exciting. Detachable controller, latest rdna3 chip, the mouse innovation. But for me, the coolest thing they showed off is the AR glasses. Downsides with these new handhelds is how they're using 1080p screens...something that is completely and utterly useless on a handheld device. They need to stay in their lane, stick to 720p and make the screen oled instead.

The main advantage the deck has over the competition is the software implementation. Steam OS is very optimized for gaming on handheld, while windows 11 isn't. I wouldn't say windows 11 is bad for handheld gaming, but steam OS definitely provides the best experience for handheld pc gaming. How much that matters depends on the person.

I am only using steam deck in steams UI at the moment so I've been more a casual observer of people using the windows based handhelds... The steam presentation on the device is awesome. Very sleek... I agree on the screen. If I could have 720p optimized for 60fps on a small screen that trumps 1080p and les frames.

The legion doesn't look like a cash in, play it safe type machine though and I have mad respect for that. They went for a BIGGER screen and removable controllers.... Lots of tasty internals for a handheld.... Seriously they knocked it out of the park. Best part is Valve will have to answer these devices when steam deck 2 hits. That's even better for us.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@TheEroica said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I am only using steam deck in steams UI at the moment so I've been more a casual observer of people using the windows based handhelds... The steam presentation on the device is awesome. Very sleek... I agree on the screen. If I could have 720p optimized for 60fps on a small screen that trumps 1080p and les frames.

The legion doesn't look like a cash in, play it safe type machine though and I have mad respect for that. They went for a BIGGER screen and removable controllers.... Lots of tasty internals for a handheld.... Seriously they knocked it out of the park. Best part is Valve will have to answer these devices when steam deck 2 hits. That's even better for us.

Personally I want to buy this machine. I really like my deck, but I feel like people need to support these fledgeling devices, especially when they're so new. The only issue I had with the device is lack of optimization, but I just searched and apparently steam OS can be installed on these hand helds anyways. I guess thats the beauty of pc gaming.

The only remaining barrier is the cost...$699?? Ooff

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@my_user_name said:

@last_lap:

How about you just look at games that don't work for starters, games you've paid money for on Steam that won't play on a Steam deck, that is unacceptable.

So because you get free online it evens itself out lol. Yeah getting free online for games that don't work really evens it out. That excuse is really poor.

And who cares if its more powerful over a Switch, its WAY more expensive. The OP's version is $1,250 here, a Switch is around $500 here, so for 2 and a half times the price it would want to be more powerful. And for far less the Switch's library is 100% playable, so the Switch beats it before the competition even started.

Anyway, i've said my piece, and if you guys enjoy paying more for less, then more power to you.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator

@last_lap said:
@my_user_name said:

@last_lap:

How about you just look at games that don't work for starters, games you've paid money for on Steam that won't play on a Steam deck, that is unacceptable.

So because you get free online it evens itself out lol. Yeah getting free online for games that don't work really evens it out. That excuse is really poor.

And who cares if its more powerful over a Switch, its WAY more expensive. The OP's version is $1,250 here, a Switch is around $500 here, so for 2 and a half times the price it would want to be more powerful. And for far less the Switch's library is 100% playable, so the Switch beats it before the competition even started.

Anyway, i've said my piece, and if you guys enjoy paying more for less, then more power to you.

The games that don't play are 95 percent games you don't care about. Yes even in your own library... The vast majority of everyone's steam library is playable on steam deck and looks great. No one is sacrificing anything here. No one is complaining. In fact even in my aforementioned splinter cell conviction issue, I just deleted it and decided to wait for an inevitable patch to come along, if not a splinter cell collection or something down the road. What's there to lose sleep about with games like that? You shouldn't buy steam deck if you're gaming lifestyle needs cutting edge graphics and top performance... It's for people who love gaming, who have active lifestyles.... I've flown about 10 times this year already. And my family likes to share the TV so home gaming from the couch is sublime. No one is paying more for less.... We paid the cost of a steam deck and we're really excited how it fits so well into our gaming lives.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 my_user_name

8000 verified games + many more playable > 5000 switch games

The price is an Australian issue. If the difference was that big in the US i likely wouldve passed on the Deck, but it's much smaller here.