Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

Gamespot review

When I saw screens for this game and people were playing it I thought it was a joke it looked so bad. Looks like the verdicts are rolling in.... Yikes!!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

Silent hill 2 remake also looks bad. most likely will get 6/10.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Kinda glad. Konami deserves nothing. Sell your Castlevania and MGS IP to Sony, and GTFO from the industry. Thank you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Ouch. Doesn’t bode well for the Silent Hill 2 Remake either. What was shown did not impress me at all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Silent Hill: The Short Message,,,wtf?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

Kinda glad. Konami deserves nothing. Sell your Castlevania and MGS IP to Sony, and GTFO from the industry. Thank you.

I'd rather Nintendo get those franchises personally, if we're talking about selling the ip to revitalize the franchise. That said, I don't want anymore games behind hardware pay walls.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Silent Hill 2 was the weakest game of the State of Play showcase

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'd rather Nintendo get those franchises personally, if we're talking about selling the ip to revitalize the franchise. That said, I don't want anymore games behind hardware pay walls.

That's pretty stupid.

As we see, games are only as good as the developers and support system behind them. Sony is the prefect fit. Like...WTF would Nintendo do to revitalize those franchises on Xbox One caliber hardware in 2024 and beyond?

Just because you apparently hate Sony, you would rather the games be left to any incompetent random developer and end up like...well Silent Hill and apparently Silent Hill 2 by the last trailer.

BTW everything is a hardware pay wall!

Another bad argument you people on this board keep using that makes no damn sense. Unless those 4090's and core i9 12th gen 12900k's (which cost exponentially more than the hardware you're trying to argue against) are free then you're just trading one hardware pay wall for another that needs to be continually upgraded.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Already a thread.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/did-anyone-try-silent-hill-the-short-message-gonna-33615141/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

Konami, Warner Brothers, Activision, EA...

The list of AAA publishers that have absolutely no clue of what they are doing grows by the day.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

The list of AAA publishers that have absolutely no clue of what they are doing grows by the day.

Looks like Konami outsourcing their IPs to the devs requiring the lowest entry fees and the result reflects that investment.

Time to sell them to someone who cares enough to do those iconic IP's justice.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why would Nintendo get em when they're incapable of writing a story? They should stick to making colorful little games for children, and let story heavy games for adults. Sony is perfectly fitting for these two.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

Of that 3 points, at least 2 are thanks to Akira Yamaoka.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

they're reviewing a free to play game???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@adsparky said:

Of that 3 points, at least 2 are thanks to Akira Yamaoka.

All the points are because of Akira. Dude is a genius.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

I wonder if it's really really bad or just bad because people want it to be awesome. I think some people forget the series has been sorta janky for a while.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@above_average said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's pretty stupid.

As we see, games are only as good as the developers and support system behind them. Sony is the prefect fit. Like...WTF would Nintendo do to revitalize those franchises on Xbox One caliber hardware in 2024 and beyond?

Just because you apparently hate Sony, you would rather the games be left to any incompetent random developer and end up like...well Silent Hill and apparently Silent Hill 2 by the last trailer.

BTW everything is a hardware pay wall!

Another bad argument you people on this board keep using that makes no damn sense. Unless those 4090's and core i9 12th gen 12900k's (which cost exponentially more than the hardware you're trying to argue against) are free then you're just trading one hardware pay wall for another that needs to be continually upgraded.

I don't even know where to begin with that post brother... So many bad takes... You're saying games can't be developed more soundly on weaker hardware and yet Nintendo's two last open world games redefined the genre of open world possibilities.

It sound like youre making the same bad mistake that others have.. Equating performance to quality. You've thrown out the entire process of player interaction and compelling gameplay designs for simply....power.

People wonder why gaming budgets are 300 million + and contain nothing new for gamers... Simply see the post above as to why things are the way they are.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

And there's another reason why Nintendo should never approach Castlevania and especially MGS. And that's them not giving a damn about hardware, when MGS has always looked excellent for its time, and Castlevania has potential of being as good as gow2018, be it visually or story telling wise.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

Another bad Ps5 exclusive, yikes.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1331 Posts

PlayStation. Exclusive 3-10

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

@above_average said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Looks like Konami outsourcing their IPs to the devs requiring the lowest entry fees and the result reflects that investment.

Time to sell them to someone who cares enough to do those iconic IP's justice.

Yeah I'm sure they've had a ton of offers from devs that have a lot of passion for these franchises.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Another banger for PlayStation.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:

Yes... A bad one.

SatoriHanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SatoriHanzo
Member since 2023 • 20 Posts

I played it. I really enjoyed it. Has all the themes that feel appropriate to be in a SH game. Level design and puzzles are great. Creature design was awesome, story was dark, music was excellent, last boss was nicely challenging. I certainly don't agree with this review

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yes... A bad one.

It's actually not bad at all. At least a 7/10. The gameplay is lacking, for sure, but hey, it's a free game. The atmosphere, story, graphics, are decent/good. The SH community actually likes it, too.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1137 Posts

I found the reviewer got some things wrong, like:

These [monster chase] sequences are common in the game and quickly grow tiring given how they tend to have one right path and several wrong paths, leading to many trial-and-error failures with checkpoints that send players back to start.

The paths loop in on themselves, and you can influence the direction the monster chases you and avoid them by taking advantage of this. It didn't feel like trial and error to me. It's not like P.T. where you can't see the monster until the last second, you can see it coming after you all the time, and you can get it to go down a certain path in a fork and you just take the other path. Also there are indicators on how close you're getting to it, such as the haptics in the controller and the effects on your phone, and the fullscreen glitchy effect. These all get stronger the closer you are.

I'm not going to criticize the reviewer for their opinion, but I feel like maybe they didn't pay much attention to the game and it makes it more difficult to accept their take on it.

Anyway it's not perfect, it's not what everyone wants, the character animation feels last gen, it's got performance issues... but going off my impressions of the past decade of Konami releases, this feels decent, which surprised me. Even after all the hype of going back to good material like MGS, I was let down by the collection they released, and the MGS3 Remake trailer was underwhelming too.

SatoriHanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SatoriHanzo
Member since 2023 • 20 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I honestly believe the reviewer just tried rushing through the game and didn't bother trying to understand the games mechanics. It took me one failed attempt to realize you can influence the monsters movement.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Holy hell! WTF happened?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

@satorihanzo said:

@girlusocrazy: I honestly believe the reviewer just tried rushing through the game and didn't bother trying to understand the games mechanics. It took me one failed attempt to realize you can influence the monsters movement.

Pretty dismal scores everywhere. Not sure kiting enemies is gonna save it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@satorihanzo: GS reviewers rarely know what they're talking about. Guaranteed this dude didn't bother trying to understand how to play the game.

Also guarantee most people in this thread, including TC, haven't even played the game.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PCLover1980  Online
Member since 2022 • 1271 Posts

More like The Short End of The Stick, am I right? Eh? Eh?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1137 Posts

@TheEroica: Maybe the final game won't end up being received well, or maybe the reception of The Short Message will end up affecting the final game.

I'm a little surprised my opinion is so different from others', maybe it has something to do with an attachment to the originals. That happened with FF7:R for me, because my experience with the original game set up expectations. Eventually I came around and I am enjoying going through FF7:R now.

Maybe with the new SH, the experience with the original beloved SH games is setting up the expectations of people trying The Short Message.

Oh well, I guess that means maybe Konami isn't heading in a good direction as I had hoped, which is too bad because they have a lot of good franchises. They should do something with the Hudson catalog.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

Ouch!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

Another PS5 exclusive is rocking the house.🤭

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

Yikes!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheEroica  Moderator

@nod_calypse said:

@satorihanzo: GS reviewers rarely know what they're talking about. Guaranteed this dude didn't bother trying to understand how to play the game.

Also guarantee most people in this thread, including TC, haven't even played the game.

Correct. Just reporting the news! I mean, the game doesn't "look" great... But that's because in motion it doesn't look like a fun game. I'd have to play it like these reviewers who have decided its a bad game as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@nod_calypse said:

Are you requiring that you must play the game first in order to comment on it?😏

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1331 Posts

GS review has spoken,you can shit in your hands and clap all you want...it's a

😂🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:

Are you requiring that you must play the game first in order to comment on it?😏

Lol, of course not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@nod_calypse said:

Lol, of course not.

Then what was the point of "Also guarantee most people in this thread, including TC, haven't even played the game."😏

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@TheEroica said:
@nod_calypse said:

Correct. Just reporting the news! I mean, the game doesn't "look" great... But that's because in motion it doesn't look like a fun game. I'd have to play it like these reviewers who have decided its a bad game as well.

And you might well hate it, lol, when and if you do play it. I thought the same, then I played, and surprisingly like it.

I have humongous concerns for the SH2 remake however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:

Lol, of course not.

Then what was the point of "Also guarantee most people in this thread, including TC, haven't even played the game."😏

Just what it says, dude.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@nod_calypse said:
@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:

Lol, of course not.

Just what it says, dude.

What was point of stating that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Pedro: Because I...wanted to say it? Not sure what you want me to say.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@nod_calypse said:

Avoiding the reason real hard.😏

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:

Hehe, okay dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@saint-george said:

GS review has spoken,you can shit in your hands and clap all you want...it's a

😂🤣

It is indeed.

But

You could always form your own opinion

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@nod_calypse said:
@Pedro said:

Hehe, okay dude

You are defending this game real hard and hating on the person who did despite the fact you haven't played the flop.🤭

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:
@Pedro said:

Hehe, okay dude

You are defending this game real hard and hating on the person who did despite the fact you haven't played the flop.🤭

I have played it, lol

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

Play Station have no game only flop - buddy it is a trash 3/10!! Sony only can colaborate with the bad devloper bc they do not have big Uncle Phil money!! Ofc the Play Station game have ugly girl - this fit the story of all the Sony game and in the contract lolol