So Mario Galaxy has proved something...

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
That nintendo can still make amazing games. So why not focus on the next best Starfox game? I mean S64 was amazing and since then there has been average mojo's on the series. Cmon Nintendo! I wish Rare would go back to Nintendo, that would be the ultimate victory for them.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Rare + Nintendo = the dream team of the SNES and N64 days.
Avatar image for theheavydrinker
theheavydrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 theheavydrinker
Member since 2004 • 1524 Posts
Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
they should make retro the new rare.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kratos_OMEGA

Rare + Nintendo = the dream team of the SNES and N64 days.Shinobishyguy

Indeed. Hence why they will always remain imo the best Nintendo consoles. The GC was lol.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kratos_OMEGA

they should make retro the new rare.---OkeyDokey---

Not really, since all they have done is MP. They are half there, jsut need to make a MP calibur game with a different genre.

---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ---OkeyDokey---

Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.theheavydrinker

miyamoto had almost nothing to do with the last few mario and zelda games. somebody correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't SMG the first game he directed since OOT?

hate19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hate19
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
I think Rare is a perfect addition to the MS boat.
Breaths some new air into the selection and adds variety.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.---OkeyDokey---

miyamoto had almost nothing to do with the last few mario and zelda games. somebody correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't SMG the first game he directed since OOT?

If you're talking about only Zelda and Mario games, then yes I think so.

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
Rare will go back to Nintendo once Microsoft goes bankrupt. XD
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
Man I loved when Rare and Nin worked togather.Such amazing games.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]they should make retro the new rare.Kratos_OMEGA

Not really, since all they have done is MP. They are half there, jsut need to make a MP calibur game with a different genre.

You just re-worded what he said. :?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.---OkeyDokey---

No the game he Directed before SMG was Pimin I don't know about Pikmin 2, but Produced alot of games since OoT.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Miyamoto is of the age where they generally try to force you out of the company over in Japan which is why i think they did not give him a bigger role in the company when they signed on the new president. He is now to the point where he is still directing the games but he is trying to pass on his knowledge of making video games so these young game creators can continue to make amazing games like the ones he used to make. Its not a bad thing its just helping Nintendo in teh future.
Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Falcon4AF_Ace
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kratos_OMEGA

Man I loved when Rare and Nin worked togather.Such amazing games.Hockey_Slayer

Banjo Kazooie is my fav. game from them.

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts

Miyamoto is of the age where they generally try to force you out of the company over in Japan which is why i think they did not give him a bigger role in the company when they signed on the new president. He is now to the point where he is still directing the games but he is trying to pass on his knowledge of making video games so these young game creators can continue to make amazing games like the ones he used to make. Its not a bad thing its just helping Nintendo in teh future. zeldafan00013

The day he dies will be a sad sad day forthe gameing industry.

---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ---OkeyDokey---

Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.Falcon4AF_Ace

:lol: 97.5 % on gamerankings. it burns doesn't it :twisted:

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="zeldafan00013"]Miyamoto is of the age where they generally try to force you out of the company over in Japan which is why i think they did not give him a bigger role in the company when they signed on the new president. He is now to the point where he is still directing the games but he is trying to pass on his knowledge of making video games so these young game creators can continue to make amazing games like the ones he used to make. Its not a bad thing its just helping Nintendo in teh future. Hockey_Slayer

Plastic bubble and immortality serum!
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.Falcon4AF_Ace
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.---OkeyDokey---

i love it when fanboys get owned:twisted:
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 legend26
they should make retro the new rare.---OkeyDokey---
i agree:D
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kratos_OMEGA

[QUOTE="zeldafan00013"]Miyamoto is of the age where they generally try to force you out of the company over in Japan which is why i think they did not give him a bigger role in the company when they signed on the new president. He is now to the point where he is still directing the games but he is trying to pass on his knowledge of making video games so these young game creators can continue to make amazing games like the ones he used to make. Its not a bad thing its just helping Nintendo in teh future. Hockey_Slayer

It will be huge. I'll be the first to admit i don't like Nintendo as much as i use to(probably back to the N64) but Miyamoto still is the most respected man in the industry.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shinobishyguy
Miyamoto need to overlook the next zelda really closely. The series is in need of some major renovations. And if SMG proves anything...the old man still has alot of creative juices in him.
Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Falcon4AF_Ace

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.---OkeyDokey---

Well, of course reviewers rated it high. The Wii is nothing more than a GameCube with waggle, so its games are reviewed by last gen standards. By last gen standards I'm sure it's great, but by todays improved standards of gameplay and graphics, the game is absolute crap.

Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Falcon4AF_Ace

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.Udsen

I admit I lol'd at that one. Nice pic.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.Falcon4AF_Ace

Well, of course reviewers rated it high. The Wii is nothing more than a GameCube with waggle, so its games are reviewed by last gen standards. By last gen standards I'm sure it's great, but by todays improved standards of gameplay and graphics, the game is absolute crap.

It is pretty much the best game in years.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 legend26

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.Falcon4AF_Ace

honestly smg looks waaay better then eny gamecube game, stop being a troll:|
LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

Why are you so full of hate? Did Nintendo used to bully you as a kid?

Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
Yea, Nintendo never stopped making amazing games, but all they need to do now is give something to the hardcore nintendo fans. They have been giving a lot to the casuals, why not make a new and original IP? And why not make Pikmin 3?
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 legend26
[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.LegendofNerd

most likely yes
Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Falcon4AF_Ace
[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.LegendofNerd

I don't like things that are crap is all.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

Your bitter tears as so sweet!

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.theheavydrinker

he works on everything :| He's overseeing dozens of Ninty projects currently. Just cuz he's also working on Wii-fit doesn't mean he's only working on Wii-fit.

And I agree, I hate MS with a burning passion for taking away Rare from Ninty
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

Miyamoto need to overlook the next zelda really closely. The series is in need of some major renovations. And if SMG proves anything...the old man still has alot of creative juices in him.Shinobishyguy

o_o I want 100 goblins and keese fighting me at a time. :0 That'd be cool.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zhengi

Yea, Nintendo never stopped making amazing games, but all they need to do now is give something to the hardcore nintendo fans. They have been giving a lot to the casuals, why not make a new and original IP? And why not make Pikmin 3?Hat_Damage

I'd say Zelda, MP3, Super Paper Mario, SMG, Battalion Wars II, Fire Emblem, and soon SSBB and Disaster are hardcore games. When have they stopped making games for hardcores?

And Pikmin 3 should be released in the future. No doubt about that.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 legend26
[QUOTE="LegendofNerd"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

I don't like things that are crap is all.

u tried to compare smg to LAIR:lol:?!?!?bahahaha!!! u fanboys make me laugh, stop trolling now, please its useless
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 legend26
[QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

Sorry, but I'm not a sheep who cries about all their flops and how their console has no games. I have great, and great looking games to play like Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo 3, Warhawk, Lair, Ratchet & Clank, Crysis, and Quake Wars.

Sheep are the ones who are crying because they only have Super Retardio Galaxy, WarioWare: Stupid Moves, Metroid Flop 3, and Legendary Flop: Twilight Princess.

lair:lol:. keep it comin bro its funny
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zhengi

Sorry, but I'm not a sheep who cries about all their flops and how their console has no games. I have great, and great looking games to play like Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo 3, Warhawk, Lair, Ratchet & Clank, Crysis, and Quake Wars.

Sheep are the ones who are crying because they only have Super Retardio Galaxy, WarioWare: Stupid Moves, Metroid Flop 3, and Legendary Flop: Twilight Princess.

More! Gimme more! *slurp slurp* Soooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts

Wait. That is 3 vs 1. Now you are just scrambling. =|

---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ---OkeyDokey---

:lol: now i know your joking. lair ROFL :lol:

Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Falcon4AF_Ace
[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

Bashing games you've never even played? Lair is a good game, and it looks really good, unlike Super Mario Galaxy.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 legend26
[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

:lol:
Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

That nintendo can still make amazing games. Kratos_OMEGA

BLASPHEMY!

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

:lol: Yeah sure. You go ahead and play such "great" games like Lair. I'll stick to SMG thanks.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 legend26
[QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"][QUOTE="---OkeyDokey---"]

Bashing games you've never even played? Lair is a good game, and it looks really good, unlike Super Mario Galaxy.

lair=4.5 SMG=9.5!!!!!:lol: TEH flooperz!!!
Falcon4AF_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Falcon4AF_Ace

[QUOTE="Falcon4AF_Ace"]Yep, Super Mario Galaxy has proved that Wii owners willgobble upkiddy games with last-gen quality graphics, terrible stories, gimmicky motion-controls, etc. It has proved that Wii owners truly do have the lowest standards.TheTerribleFish

Wait. That is 3 vs 1. Now you are just scrambling. =|

Even the PS3 has more good games than the Wii.

Resistance: Fall of Man, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Heavenly Sword, MotorStorm,and Ninja Gaiden Sigma >>>>>>> Stupid Space Plumber Game, WarioWare, Metroid, and Zelda.

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 TheEndBoss
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Miyamoto can still make great games, but it seems that he doesn't work on Zelda or Mario (exception being galaxy) anymore.Nintendo_Ownes7

No the game he Directed before SMG was Pimin I don't know about Pikmin 2, but Produced alot of games since OoT.

No, Miyamoto was a producer on both the Pikmin games.