Some fanboys just can't use logic or metrics.

• 107 results
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Now this is the image been use to claim the PS5 is this huge ass machine.

This image is totally wrong and conveniently blow up size on PS consoles how do i know this?

Draw a straight line between the PS3 and xbox one and see what you get.

I cropped the image to the top of the PS3,do you see something odd? Yeah is a miracle the xbox one shrinked or the PS3 grew since 2006 from what i can see.

For thos who forgot how they really were in size,the PS3 is smaller upright than the xbox one yet on the first screen it look bigger,not only that the slim PS3 is also shorter than the xbox 360 so is the PS4 and i even think the Pro as well.

The size of those PS consoles is been over blown on purpose,and as always lemmings without thinking twice will attack the size without actually investigating first.

But the people crying now are the same who were ok with this huge ass size discrepancy on a machine with 40% less power,not only the xbox one was much taller it was also thicker,unlike the scenario that we have now where one is taller but the other is much thicker.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Sizewars.

Didn't even know this was a thing.

No matter the size though, the PS5 is still fugly. Maybe not quite PS3 fugly, but almost.

Edit: Scratch that, it's actually fuglier than PS3. Being huge and white, you can't really hide it. Hope they make a black version so that it's noticed less.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Bigger is better, though. I mean, for thermals. Wouldn't want your console to sound like a jet engine.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

Here’s the thing, are you sure they are the same people?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I don't understand the obsession over this. Seriously its a box your going to put under your TV and forget exists in a few months.

The only thing I care about is the noise the things make, I replaced my PC fans with Noctua's for a reason.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

The ps3 should be smaller in the picture....you can see gaps either side of the red line for the disc.

The ps5 is still the biggest ever console, complete with a tumor....but I can see by the lengths you went to try and disprove it that this is something that bothers you.....Don't let it.

Perch your biguglytumorstation 5 in the middle of your TV bench, and be proud. Actually, keep it to one side....you wont see the TV otherwise.

Prepare yourself for countless fun conversations when you invite people back to your place and they point with a puzzled look and ask "What is.....that?"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@jasonofa36: weird, because the slim version of Sony consoles always had the best thermals

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17849 Posts

Size matters
Size matters
Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Size HaH

Cows HaH

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: You're right. But that's for Sony's "case." Hahaaa.... I'll see myself out.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
@BassMan said:
Size matters
Size matters

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot that he is a manlet

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

I thought the inability of using logic is the hallmark of being a fanboy.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
Size matters
Size matters

This is what the rest of tormy looks like lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tormentos

@Litchie said:

Sizewars.

Didn't even know this was a thing.

No matter the size though, the PS5 is still fugly. Maybe not quite PS3 fugly, but almost.

Edit: Scratch that, it's actually fuglier than PS3. Being huge and white, you can't really hide it. Hope they make a black version so that it's noticed less.

Well is a taste thing i really like it,hell i like it way more than the PS3.

@jasonofa36 said:

Bigger is better, though. I mean, for thermals. Wouldn't want your console to sound like a jet engine.

Thats the rason the xbox on doesn't sound like one.

I think the PS5 will b much quiter.

@sealionact said:

The ps3 should be smaller in the picture....you can see gaps either side of the red line for the disc.

The ps5 is still the biggest ever console, complete with a tumor....but I can see by the lengths you went to try and disprove it that this is something that bothers you.....Don't let it.

Perch your biguglytumorstation 5 in the middle of your TV bench, and be proud. Actually, keep it to one side....you wont see the TV otherwise.

Prepare yourself for countless fun conversations when you invite people back to your place and they point with a puzzled look and ask "What is.....that?"

Yes it is the tallest consol ever,which before that was the xbox one,which you din't have a problem with.

By the way the xbox is the thickest console ever it atually close to double the xbox one which is substancial.

Well at it this way most of you have go to muh greater length to downplay it and without even verifying it or having it on hand.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos

@BassMan said:
Size matters
Size matters

🤣🤣🤣🤣 My lengendary thumb.

@bluestars said:

Size HaH

Cows HaH

Please kingtito stop jumping between accounts.

@i_p_daily said:

This is what the rest of tormy looks like lol

Lets put it this way my thumb look to you like your arguments look to me.😂

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I agree - something is wrong with the images. But it'll be a big console. There are no two ways about it. And the thing is - that's probably a great thing for cooling and sound. So don't get wigged out over it

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos

@xantufrog said:

I agree - something is wrong with the images. But it'll be a big console. There are no two ways about it. And the thing is - that's probably a great thing for cooling and sound. So don't get wigged out over it

Oh there is no doubt that it will be taller than all other consoles before it.

Yeah it probably for best possibl cooling which is great cooler system more longvity.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12341 Posts

We should just wait for the official dimensions.

But yeah, the original Xbox One is actually a tiny bit taller on its side than the fat PS3.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

I don’t know why some people find it strange that anyone would find something either appealing or not based on when they first see that thing. It’s just a naturally instinctive thing to do. You see something and you just interpret what you think of that thing.

Anyway I don’t think that the PS5 is going to be off all that much either way when we get the actual measurements of it. We’ll just have to wait and see though.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos

@Archangel3371 said:

I don’t know why some people find it strange that anyone would find something either appealing or not based on when they first see that thing. It’s just a naturally instinctive thing to do. You see something and you just interpret what you think of that thing.

Anyway I don’t think that the PS5 is going to be off all that much either way when we get the actual measurements of it. We’ll just have to wait and see though.

That isn't strange at all specially if it is alone fanboy lines.

For example those who cry about the PS5 been huge loved the xbox one which has even a bigger disparity vs the PS4 since it wasn't only much taller it was also thicker.

I don't think it will be much smaller,but fact is this measurement was wrong and people were taking it as true here without even challenging some of the models been completely wrong in size.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Haha the king of fanboys complaining about fanboys. That's fanboy logic for ya!!!

And as for size, the fact Sony won't release the dimensions of their monstrosity means it's huge.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22829 Posts

My word you've got too much time on your hands.

The size of a console has never once made a difference to anyone on earth.

When you make a thread about it you empower the trolls that dwell on this sort of stupidity.

Gameplay/user experience

Graphics/performance

Type of batteries in the controller

Day of the week

Console size.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

It's not about the size, it's how you use it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

It’s not what it looks like that maters,it’s what’s on the inside

9.2 tflops of 3rd place

HAH

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

I still can't seem to care about its size.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

The PS5 is the largest console ever and its weaker than Series X. Reminds of this gen.🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56278 Posts

Uh, okay.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

@Pedro:

Its really not by all that much. I think the power between the xbox360 and PS3 was a bigger difference then both XSX and PS5.

I am just happy that Sony will get some competition again, this could make for some better games down the road.

The only people that will come out on top due to good competition are the gamers, not so much the fanboys. Dont get me wrong, you still need the fanboys just for the entertainment.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

oh wow ps5 is hideous!

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@tormentos said:

That isn't strange at all specially if it is alone fanboy lines.

For example those who cry about the PS5 been huge loved the xbox one which has even a bigger disparity vs the PS4 since it wasn't only much taller it was also thicker.

I don't think it will be much smaller,but fact is this measurement was wrong and people were taking it as true here without even challenging some of the models been completely wrong in size.

Did they? C'mon you gotta stop this "whataboutism" shit over every criticism or percieved slight against Sony lol. Im pretty sure the Xbox One was roundly critisized even by its fans for its unnecessarily grotesque footprint. Do you have any examples of this massive amount of people giving fawning adulations over the original Xbox One's design?

The other day you were butthurt about people giving their honest raw opinions calling the design ugly, and suggesting (im convinced unironically) that it was some coordinated effort to spread "FUD" and besmirch Sony's good name. The whole world isnt part of some massive conspiracy to slight the PS5 breh.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@tormentos: That these consoles were going to be big was inevitable, so ms did as much as possible to make it as small as

would allow. They ended up with a minimalistic cube, while Sony decided to actually make the footprint bigger than needed with those fins - and the tumor - as well as making it designed to totally split opinions by making it scream "look at me!".

I can see an xsx which is the same shape and colour as my receiver, center speaker and set top box blending in nicely.

I have no idea how to hide the hugeuglytumorstation 5 if I get one, nor how to explain to the wife why it needs to absolutely dominate the living room landscape.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

Of all the squabbling over pointless things System Wars has seen over the years, I think this might be the dumbest. It's a box. Put it on your shelf. Play games.

I put this up there with 2014's "the leaves you don't look at are rendered slightly better on the PS4 version of the Tomb Raider port," which got something like three pages of original topics back when nobody had anything to play on their new consoles.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@xantufrog said:

Size of the case has nothing to do with the cooling capabilities, the ability to have air move through regardless of size is the main indication of it having sufficient cooling... And with the rumours we had earlier with the PS5 having heat issues and the now revealed case design its pretty obvious the cooling solution in the PS5 is starved for air.

I am all for design but when it sacrifices performance then its just bad design, the XSX with have a clear path and direction for airflow with plenty of ventilation is a brilliant design, this PS5 with those tiny slits on the front side and maybe some laptop like vents at the back this thing will be loud and will throttle a lot.

We will see BUT this is bad design.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@xantufrog said:

Size of the case has nothing to do with the cooling capabilities, the ability to have air move through regardless of size is the main indication of it having sufficient cooling... And with the rumours we had earlier with the PS5 having heat issues and the now revealed case design its pretty obvious the cooling solution in the PS5 is starved for air.

I don't see how you can say that - you're going off a rumor, with no clear link to this case design. For all you know, this design is in response to the issues (if they ever existed).

Also yes - size does have something to do with cooling capabilities. For one thing, it allows for bigger slower fans, which are quieter and more efficient. It also allows for larger heat sinks and more room for airflow around individual components. It also allows for heat-generating components to be better spaced from one another, so that there isn't a feedback effect. In sum, for a fixed size and number of components, it becomes increasingly difficult to engineer a cool space the tighter it is. It doesn't mean a large machine is cool, but it's certainly a good reason why a machine might be large in the first place

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@xantufrog said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@xantufrog said:

I don't see how you can say that - you're going off a rumor, with no clear link to this case design. For all you know, this design is in response to the issues (if they ever existed).

Also yes - size does have something to do with cooling capabilities. For one thing, it allows for bigger slower fans, which are quieter and more efficient. It also allows for larger heat sinks and more room for airflow around individual components. It also allows for heat-generating components to be better spaced from one another, so that there isn't a feedback effect. In sum, for a fixed size and number of components, it becomes increasingly difficult to engineer a cool space the tighter it is. It doesn't mean a large machine is cool, but it's certainly a good reason why a machine might be large in the first place

Its bad design because regardless of how big the heat sink or fan they aren't getting enough air and would benefit with more airflow.

I am NOT saying the internal parts aren't being cooled with sufficient hardware, I am saying that the hardware used would be better off with direct airflow through more ventilation its literally always the case excuse the pun.

PC cases with 2-3 times the internal space of this with 140mm fans on the CPU heatsink with 6-8 large heatpipes and a GPU with its own cooling solution... Are affected DRASTICALLY by removing the front panel or out on a front panel with enough ventilation holes so the fans can suck in cool air.

Loading Video...

The simple fact of the matter is its a mass produced console that already is on a tight budget, they do not have high end cooling solutions so couple that with a case design with no direct ventilation to the fans... Your in for a ride, either HOT or loud.

Fans are PWM now so depending on the temperature in the case/room the fans will ramp up, so by limiting the direct airflow in the case with little to no real ventilation you are taking the risk of the fans having to ramp up in RPM which will increase the db of the console.

Its simple really.

The PS5 like all consoles in the past have put more effort in making sure the console looks like a cool console rather than it being cooled effectively.

I mean the released a PS4 then 3-4 years later made the same f***ing mistake with the PS4 which fans are a nightmare now they show a PS5 no ventilation?...

Poor design.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39403 Posts

Such a large console, but with only 9.2tflops. I wonder what was the decision behind it. Was it Cerny's mistake?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

We already have better measurement units than the metric system.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@Litchie: Your opinion bro. It looks futuristic. One of the best looking and boldest consoles design since PS2. Series X just looks like a black brick.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@hardwenzen: Sony says 10.3 so well go with that, thanks!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well its a duck. I can't wait ti preorder the PS5 but it is ugly as hell.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xantufrog  Moderator

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: yes I know all that - I'm a PC gamer too. But where are you getting the evidence that it's inadequately cooled? It appears to be completely ringed by ventilation, which, in theory could support excellent airflow pulled by a large fan across a large heatsink. It's almost the height of a midsized tower, it would appear, and could in effect behave in a very good way - it has the opposite of the "open side" problem you laid out. The question is whether it's vented in an efficient way, not too open.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39403 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@hardwenzen: Sony says 10.3 so well go with that, thanks!

When the gpu is overclocked. When its overclocked, the cpu is downclocked. Worst of both worlds.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

- Fanboys

- Logic

Pick one.

And damn Tormo has a manly thumb. Would make Ghosts blush.

master_shakeog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 master_shakeog
Member since 2020 • 21 Posts

Imagine spending part of your day arguing about stuff like this. Yikes.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@xantufrog said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: yes I know all that - I'm a PC gamer too. But where are you getting the evidence that it's inadequately cooled? It appears to be completely ringed by ventilation, which, in theory could support excellent airflow pulled by a large fan across a large heatsink. It's almost the height of a midsized tower, it would appear, and could in effect behave in a very good way - it has the opposite of the "open side" problem you laid out. The question is whether it's vented in an efficient way, not too open.

I'm am just loosely guesstimating and connected rumour dots with the design no value to it other than just me throwing things out.

As for the design that "could" support excellent airflow... Nope it can't, airflow is pretty black and white you either have the entire fan open or closed everything else in between is measurement.

Its got vents that's all I can say about it but what ever cooling it has inside regardless of size is going to have to work overtime in comparison to have proper ventilation for the intake fan.

My case:

Even with all that high end cooling inside... I drop 10c by removing the side panel, because those 2x 200mm fans are being starved.

Now if I had stock cooling and a cheaper case with 1 front fan and little ventilation?... Yeah throttling on the CPU 100% and that one PWM fan would be working at 100% RPM.

The above is what looks like what will happen to PS5... One little 120mm fan working overtime to cool a entire SOC.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

What the hell is wrong with your thumb.

Sony fans are mutants.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xantufrog  Moderator

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: I think you're confusing my comment as claiming this was a wonderful design or will run as cool as a good rig.

I will bet you it is substantially quieter than the PS4, or cooler, or tuned to be both a little quieter+cooler combined (slower/suboptimal fan speed).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#48 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I don't want to thumb shame anyone but damn!

Anyway, Tormy is just insane.

master_shakeog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 master_shakeog
Member since 2020 • 21 Posts

@zaryia:

You're thumb shaming.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

The amount of memes spawning from the reveal have been great. People drawing dimensions from scaling USB ports is pretty... dedicated. I wish I had that much time to waste.