Sony is done

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sushbag88
Member since 2005 • 403 Posts

Given that the PS3 is the Dreamcast of this console generation, Sony should take a leaf out of Sega's book: Pack their bags, discontinue the console, cease all game development, and start cutting their losses and working on a new platform for next time. Maybe then they can beat Microsoft to market in 2010 or something.

I mean for a while it was funny. It was the joke of the gaming community: The fact that Sony was just shooting itself in the face repeatedly, at every damn turn. But now, it's been obvious for a while that in terms of the current console war Microsoft has already won. But even though they have, couldn't Sony have still at least tried? But no, they continue their reign of mediocrity and suicidal industry moves. And so it's not even funny, it's almost old hat.

Consider E3 2007. As many of you pointed out, and with no small amount of truth I'll admit, Sony had to wow the industry and the gamers at this year's E3. They HAD to. We pretty much knew that the rest of the year is a given for the 360, and that Sony already had a slim chance at competing this holiday. But now, not only do we know for sure that Sony has absolutely no chance (0%) at competing with anyone (especially, I don't know, Microsoft) this holiday season, they haven't even set themselves up properly for 2008 like they should have at E3. Are you kidding me, Sony? Are you trying to lose? I mean clearly the only real game the PS3 has ever had surely would allow Sony to compete at Christmas. Oh wait, it's been delayed. I actually didn't see that coming, and I'm usually good with this sort of thing. Now instead of one game (MGS4 that is) the PS3 has exactly no games. One may argue, "But wait, that's just 2007." Gotcha covered. You realize that 2008 is now Sony's last stand? With a mixed lineup of a bunch of non-exclusives and perhaps 3 or so actual exclusives, the PS3 is rallying in 2008 like it's the Alamo. MGS4, Killzone, Haze, and then the non-exclusives which will definitely not sway anyone. It's not even like the PS3 has RE5 or SH5, because if those had been exclusive I'd have to buy one wouldn't I. But even those are gone! Is Sony really banking on those 2 or 3 exclusives to carry them for 2008? When people are sitting at home comfortably playing Halo 3, GTA4, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and whatever else the 360 has, does anyone here honestly believe that a one of them will consider heading out to spend $600 on anything but more 360 games or perhaps computer hardware to play Crysis/UT3/TF2? It's humorous to even consider such a possibility. And Sony needed this E3. E3 2007 was huge for them. And guess what we got? A delay of MGS4 and, even better, news that Konami might take MGS4 to the 360, and even better, news that the much-touted $100 price cut wasn't much of a price cut at all. What? The one thing that might have sold them a few extra PS3's and Sony is actually publicly admitting that the whole price cut was just to get rid of inventory on a console that, like the original $500 variant, they are phasing out? What kind of backhanded move is that? This is a joke. They're done.

Maybe some of you are confused still, perhaps some of the younger members on these boards (I've seen quite a few) are still defending their VCR-looking console to the death. And to you I will give this one thing: I'll still probably buy a PS3 before the war is out. Why not, they still have SOME exclusives. But that's all I'll give you. I'll give you that I might still buy one just because my love of games exceeds my love of predicting industry trends and watching as they are fulfilled before my eyes. But make no mistake: This is the Dreamcast of this generation. Which is why I suggested that Sony, in order to make the logical move, should back out of the console race. They can still keep the PSP and PS2 in production I'd say, but the PS3 has failed to such an extent that it's bleak future, which is just another guarantee that Sony needs to go pick a quiet spot to die, is something that Sony is actually trying to confront as if things will magically turn around in 2008 or any subsequent year. Sony is actually throwing more money into it, in an attempt to play somegame of charades with the public. "We're doing fine because we say we are." I lold', etc.

This isn't just a Sony issue, Nintendo fans. Don't make the mistake of thinking the Wii is an attractive substitute for a PS3. I'd rather buy one of the black paper weights from Sony than fork over cash for something called a Wii. The 360 is rocking in game selection, and, contrary to not-so-popular-but-still-prevalent belief, it ALWAYS has! The 360 launch was awesome, they had some of their best games to date on that freaking launch. And it's only gotten better from there. I knew that the 360 was something to buy right from launch (even though I waited a few months anyway) and I certainly never thought of Microsoft as needing to do anything to make itself more presentable to me as a consumer. They did virtually everything right, a few hardware issues aside. Their console has the best games, but come on: It even looks cool. The controller is fantastic, the interface is well integrated with the guide button, the downloadable content is icing on the cake, I mean come on. The 360 is doing amazing in games at this point in it's life, and holiday 2007 is like sex in video game form, in terms of the lineup that is. It's not like it's the more attractive buying option for gamers now, it will be for the foreseeable future. The PS3 and Wii? Their games are non-existent and laughable, respectively.

I may be digressing, so here's a brief conclusion: Sony is done. And, while we're on the subject of defunct gaming companies, Nintendo isn't even trying to do anything in terms of games at this point. Financially they may be selling consoles, but their lineup is jokingly barren and their installed base isn't up to that of the 360's yet. But back to Sony: The reality of the Dreamcast-like nature of the PS3 is growing daily. I wouldn't be surprised if, in three years or so, people are looking back and saying, of the PS3: "Oh that? Yea it was kind of a failed experiment by Sony. Had impressive hardware at first, but not enough games ended up coming out for it and, well, the 360 just destroyed it. I kinda liked it, but eventually even I came to realize that it was a waste of money compared to it's competition. A pity, really, considering the PS2 was so great. Oh well."

nygiantsfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nygiantsfan1
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
And guess what we got? A delay of MGS4 and, even better, news that the much-touted $100 price cut wasn't much of a price cut at all, and even better, news that Konami might take MGS4 to the 360.What? The one thing that might have sold them a few extra PS3's .Sushbag88
I just saw this part of you're post and now refuse to read any of it.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

I agree with your post, but can you make your speech a little bit shorter...???, I stoped reading it after the fisrt paragraph..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzArt_424

how can you agree, you yourself admitted you only read the first paragraph :|

Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sushbag88

Sorry I had to edit my post, Gamespot forums likes to squeeze words togther. Also, sorry if it's long. How am I supposed to sum up the failure of such magnitude in a post of anything but reasonably large size?

alecsuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alecsuba
Member since 2005 • 2717 Posts

This Gif Describes it pretty well.

Pre E3- Hey PS3 is $499

Last Day of E3- Btw its gonna go back upto $599

i think the reactions are perfect

The_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Kills
Member since 2003 • 2392 Posts

Im sorry but this guy loves to exagerate a bit with like the amount of exclusives and such, and this whole thing with a price cut...of course it is, and can u blame ethem for having the newer 80GB coming out, 20GB+ and the game motor storm, 60+ , for the same amout of moeny it cost to buy a 60 GB without any off that stuff for the $600 price tag.

Also, you tend todeviate from the topic talking about how the 360 has something, but what itonly has is a couple of exclusives that seem good for 2007....what about 2008...nothing much happening there.

Sony has an expectencey life span of 10 yrs for the console, and as such, is slowly getting better and better in my opinion. But i just dont agree with you they are done, im sorry. Oh and thank the Lord you werent what i thought when you started talking about the Wii, for s second there i thought you favored it overed the PS3.

Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
How is Sony done..? They had an impressive showing, they showed some very promising titles that are coming out this year and next.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
u act as if there are no games coming out for ps3 in 2007. and 3 games in 2008. and as for the price drop the motorstorm bundle is limited addition meaning that once they are done with it the 80 gig shoud drop to $499. i dont agree with what they are doing i think they should have dropped it to $499 and made all untis have 80 gigs.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

This Gif Describes it pretty well.

Pre E3- Hey PS3 is $499

Last Day of E3- Btw its gonna go back upto $599

i think the reactions are perfect

alecsuba

lol, funny gif i love seinfeld

but on topic.... last i cheked the 60 gb was still 499

gamerguy198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguy198
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well it's still the best selling console at amazon.com.

And the DC didn't have the amount of 1st party and 3rd party support that the PS3 has.

The PS3 is FAR from dead.

r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts

Honestly, I'm a bit tired of this generation already. I mean, the most hyped games are all freakin' FPS titles. Woo hoo.

But to say any of the three systems is heading the way of the Dreamcast is, and I've said this before, moronic. Have a nice day.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

I ahte when people think Sony is done and compare them to Sega... it makes no sense at all.

Sega had failure after failure with consoles for well over a decade. They were losing loads of money, and had no other divisions to back them up when the gaming division needed some help financially. Sony is a powerhouse in the electronic industry, and has has had a **** load of success with consoles. More than enough money to fund a product such as the PS3. Sony isn't going anywhere. If a gaming only company could last 3 generations of failure in the console market, a player in multiple industries can last 1 failure (which I don't even think will end up failing on the scale the fanboys think it will.)

Just stop it.

darkjounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkjounin
Member since 2005 • 714 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154

i shall spread this everytime these kinda topic happen :D

Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sushbag88

Also, you tend todeviate from the topic talking about how the 360 has something, but what itonly has is a couple of exclusives that seem good for 2007....what about 2008...nothing much happening there.

Sony has an expectencey life span of 10 yrs for the console, and as such, is slowly getting better and better in my opinion. But i just dont agree with you they are done, im sorry. Oh and thank the Lord you werent what i thought when you started talking about the Wii, for s second there i thought you favored it overed the PS3.

The_Kills

You're right in saying the 360 doesn't exactly have 100 games coming out this holiday season, that isn't the point. What it does have is amazing. It's the console games we've been waiting for since 2004. Except MGS4, which we can't even play this year.

But here's the question I want to ask: What happened between the PS2 and the PS3, for Sony? The PS2 had a startling lineup. When did the classic games start coming out for that console? About a year after launch, right? A year after the PS3's release, and here's what Sony is bringing out: Nothing. Last time it was MGS2, GTA3, I mean just those games right there was enough to buy the console. This time for the most part the games just aren't there, and the ones that are are no longer exclusive. And the reasons to buy a 360 over a PS3 for non exclusives are myriad, but they include cheaper price, better online, better controller (that's right I said it: vibration + comfy as hell = better than dual shock with useless motion sensing), better downloadable content, I don't know how else to put it. It's like the decision is being made for us, it's like Sony is throwing in the towel.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Did not read that whole thing but I basicly agree with you. They may have had a chance if they stuck with the price cut not just do a clearance sale. Also if they announced more 07 games at E3 because they have way to many games comming out in mid 2008 to compete with all the 360 and Wii games.
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

Given that the PS3 is the Dreamcast of this console generation, Sony should take a leaf out of Sega's book: Pack their bags, discontinue the console, cease all game development, and start cutting their losses and working on a new platform for next time. Maybe then they can beat Microsoft to market in 2010 or something.

I mean for a while it was funny. It was the joke of the gaming community: The fact that Sony was just shooting itself in the face repeatedly, at every damn turn. But now, it's been obvious for a while that in terms of the current console war Microsoft has already won. But even though they have, couldn't Sony have still at least tried? But no, they continue their reign of mediocrity and suicidal industry moves. And so it's not even funny, it's almost old hat.

Consider E3 2007. As many of you pointed out, and with no small amount of truth I'll admit, Sony had to wow the industry and the gamers at this year's E3. They HAD to. We pretty much knew that the rest of the year is a given for the 360, and that Sony already had a slim chance at competing this holiday. But now, not only do we know for sure that Sony has absolutely no chance (0%) at competing with anyone (especially, I don't know, Microsoft) this holiday season, they haven't even set themselves up properly for 2008 like they should have at E3. Are you kidding me, Sony? Are you trying to lose? I mean clearly the only real game the PS3 has ever had surely would allow Sony to compete at Christmas. Oh wait, it's been delayed. I actually didn't see that coming, and I'm usually good with this sort of thing. Now instead of one game (MGS4 that is) the PS3 has exactly no games. One may argue, "But wait, that's just 2007." Gotcha covered. You realize that 2008 is now Sony's last stand? With a mixed lineup of a bunch of non-exclusives and perhaps 3 or so actual exclusives, the PS3 is rallying in 2008 like it's the Alamo. MGS4, Killzone, Haze, and then the non-exclusives which will definitely not sway anyone. It's not even like the PS3 has RE5 or SH5, because if those had been exclusive I'd have to buy one wouldn't I. But even those are gone! Is Sony really banking on those 2 or 3 exclusives to carry them for 2008? When people are sitting at home comfortably playing Halo 3, GTA4, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and whatever else the 360 has, does anyone here honestly believe that a one of them will consider heading out to spend $600 on anything but more 360 games or perhaps computer hardware to play Crysis/UT3/TF2? It's humorous to even consider such a possibility. And Sony needed this E3. E3 2007 was huge for them. And guess what we got? A delay of MGS4 and, even better, news that Konami might take MGS4 to the 360, and even better, news that the much-touted $100 price cut wasn't much of a price cut at all. What? The one thing that might have sold them a few extra PS3's and Sony is actually publicly admitting that the whole price cut was just to get rid of inventory on a console that, like the original $500 variant, they are phasing out? What kind of backhanded move is that? This is a joke. They're done.

Maybe some of you are confused still, perhaps some of the younger members on these boards (I've seen quite a few) are still defending their VCR-looking console to the death. And to you I will give this one thing: I'll still probably buy a PS3 before the war is out. Why not, they still have SOME exclusives. But that's all I'll give you. I'll give you that I might still buy one just because my love of games exceeds my love of predicting industry trends and watching as they are fulfilled before my eyes. But make no mistake: This is the Dreamcast of this generation. Which is why I suggested that Sony, in order to make the logical move, should back out of the console race. They can still keep the PSP and PS2 in production I'd say, but the PS3 has failed to such an extent that it's bleak future, which is just another guarantee that Sony needs to go pick a quiet spot to die, is something that Sony is actually trying to confront as if things will magically turn around in 2008 or any subsequent year. Sony is actually throwing more money into it, in an attempt to play somegame of charades with the public. "We're doing fine because we say we are." I lold', etc.

This isn't just a Sony issue, Nintendo fans. Don't make the mistake of thinking the Wii is an attractive substitute for a PS3. I'd rather buy one of the black paper weights from Sony than fork over cash for something called a Wii. The 360 is rocking in game selection, and, contrary to not-so-popular-but-still-prevalent belief, it ALWAYS has! The 360 launch was awesome, they had some of their best games to date on that freaking launch. And it's only gotten better from there. I knew that the 360 was something to buy right from launch (even though I waited a few months anyway) and I certainly never thought of Microsoft as needing to do anything to make itself more presentable to me as a consumer. They did virtually everything right, a few hardware issues aside. Their console has the best games, but come on: It even looks cool. The controller is fantastic, the interface is well integrated with the guide button, the downloadable content is icing on the cake, I mean come on. The 360 is doing amazing in games at this point in it's life, and holiday 2007 is like sex in video game form, in terms of the lineup that is. It's not like it's the more attractive buying option for gamers now, it will be for the foreseeable future. The PS3 and Wii? Their games are non-existent and laughable, respectively.

I may be digressing, so here's a brief conclusion: Sony is done. And, while we're on the subject of defunct gaming companies, Nintendo isn't even trying to do anything in terms of games at this point. Financially they may be selling consoles, but their lineup is jokingly barren and their installed base isn't up to that of the 360's yet. But back to Sony: The reality of the Dreamcast-like nature of the PS3 is growing daily. I wouldn't be surprised if, in three years or so, people are looking back and saying, of the PS3: "Oh that? Yea it was kind of a failed experiment by Sony. Had impressive hardware at first, but not enough games ended up coming out for it and, well, the 360 just destroyed it. I kinda liked it, but eventually even I came to realize that it was a waste of money compared to it's competition. A pity, really, considering the PS2 was so great. Oh well."

Sushbag88

I think your crystal ball broke :(

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

Sushbag88

LMAO u make no sense and sheeps read the last paragraph.U betyter get ur flame shield ready

sniperXM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sniperXM_basic
Member since 2003 • 134 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Kills"] Also, you tend todeviate from the topic talking about how the 360 has something, but what itonly has is a couple of exclusives that seem good for 2007....what about 2008...nothing much happening there.

Sushbag88

You're right in saying the 360 doesn't exactly have 100 games coming out this holiday season, that isn't the point. What it does have is amazing. It's the console games we've been waiting for since 2004. Except MGS4, which we can't even play this year.

But here's the question I want to ask: What happened between the PS2 and the PS3, for Sony? The PS2 had a startling lineup. When did the classic games start coming out for that console? About a year after launch, right? A year after the PS3's release, and here's what Sony is bringing out: Nothing. Last time it was MGS2, GTA3, I mean just those games right there was enough to buy the console. This time for the most part the games just aren't there, and the ones that are are no longer exclusive. And the reasons to buy a 360 over a PS3 for non exclusives are myriad, but they include cheaper price, better online, better controller (that's right I said it: vibration + comfy as hell = better than dual shock with useless motion sensing), better downloadable content, I don't know how else to put it. It's like the decision is being made for us, it's like Sony is throwing in the towel.

those games are exactly why i bought the ps2 those 2 very games i got for christmas 01

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Kills"] Also, you tend todeviate from the topic talking about how the 360 has something, but what itonly has is a couple of exclusives that seem good for 2007....what about 2008...nothing much happening there.

Sushbag88

im sure heavenly sword, lair, uncharted,ratchet and clank together are > mgs2 and gta3. andur still getting GTA4 and after a few months MGS4 will be out.

sniperXM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sniperXM_basic
holy **** mushrooms the parallels are crazy but the differences spell success
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sushbag88

darkjounin

I remember reading that back '05. That was when this whole issue was a bit less clear. I'll admit that after E3 2005 I was on Sony's side, but that was before either of them came out. I think we can all think more clearly now. Good article though, but not a good defense if you happen to be with Sony on this.

By the way folks, here's another interesting thing to point out. Why are Sony's responses to criticism steeped in this mystical idea of a "ten year plan"? They are seven months into this console's lifespan and they are dying, and literally on CNBC today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFIDsTsWJHw)one Jack Tretton of Sony gave a laughable interview. When speaking of consumers buying the Wii at a higher rate than the PS3, he says, and I quote, "Ultimately, in time, we will convert those users over to the PS3." They are looking at a long-term, ten year life cycle for their box and are interested in making money later, not now. The PS2 was crushingly dominant in its day. Sure it was off to a slow start like the PS3 but it pulled ahead. There is no such development impending for the PS3. During the interview, the host tried to get to the point by asserting that Sony is clearly going for market share, not initial profit. The response was something about a ten year plan. Ten year plan? No console has EVER lasted ten years, not in terms of good games. This is what I'm talking about, Sony is like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense. Does Sony not know it's dead or something?

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

Sony is not dead but it aint alive either. I think late 2008- early 2009 will be the time when their console will finally start picking up.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

The 360 is my favorite current console but why the hell would u spend this much time typing up a thread just to pee off a bunch of ps3 fans.Even though i enjoy and prefer the 360 i have to admit that the ps3 portion of e3 was very very impressive.I just dont understand why people are so loyal to one game console to the point were they come online and type up rediculous thread posts just to get under the skins of other console fans.I understand this is system wars and this is were people come to argue about who has the better toy,its just if it werent because of people like u there wouldnt be a need for some stupid system wars crap,and that would be fine with me.Get a life people and enjoy your ps3,wii,360 or whatever it is that u have.Save your energy and argue about things more important than a silly console.

Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts

I stand before this great wall of textz and bow down. It is the truthz.

I love gaming and I wanted all these consoles to rule. What do I get instead? I get Sony trying to pull the biggest fast one in entertainment history. Fool-ray disc can go strait to hell, and so can Sony. It's not the format I'm PO'ed about. It was the way in which it was handled.

They said Blue-ray was needed for next generation experiences. But I love how everything comes back to smack them right in the face!:) Since you know, every multiplat is enhanced on 360. How about the Cell. Oh please, 360 games poop on PS3 games.

Fanboys salivate on GT5, when PGR4 poops on it. The 360 will always have the better graphics. Many would argue that Gears of War is still the best looking game. Killzone 2 is pushing the PS3 to its limit! When Gears of War 2 rolls around, consider it pooped on.

But we all know it'll get pooped on long before GeOW2 shows up. Halo 3 has way to many features for any game to keep up with. Oh, and I don't know, Halo 3 looks fun! It's a small thing, but maybe Killzone 2 should take notes.:)

Sony is falling flat on their face trying to play one on one against Microsoft. A company BTW, who is delivering everything to the hardcore gamer. The 360 has it all, and soon it will have MGS4 and FF13 as well.

If you really have to play Lair, Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, or Unchartedthen pick up a PS3.

So in closing. Nintendo is dead to me, and I hope they enjoy their new casual audience. Sony is going for the ultra hardcore, and even though that's me, I'll never buy a PS3. I'm going to let my dollars speak, and show them whos boss.

The gamers!

sniperXM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sniperXM_basic
maybe that company screwed the poster in the past by not fixing the broken laser in their console and took years before they finally admitted to it and then charged you for it and only allowed repairs for a few months before they stopped altogether
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Sony has more money than Sega though.
CMPunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CMPunk13
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

And the DC didn't have the amount of 1st party and 3rd party support that the PS3 has.

gamerguy198

A very troubling sign that you have to resort to sales on one website. How about explaining the millions of stores that have tons of PS3's sitting on the shelf, while the 360 and Wii are sold out? It's cause people (smart people) are finally seeing through Sony's smoke screen and saying "F YOU!".

PS3/Sony is on life support. Come to terms with that reality and your cowish existence just might make it.

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

Sushbag88
Sorry, I quit reading after the third paragraph.  Are you sad the Sony won E3?  They can't compete this holiday?  Are you nuts?  They have 15 first party exclusives, not to mention their third party exclusives.  I watched MS confrence hoping to see a reason to buy one.  Nope, just about every great game they had coming is multiplat.  COD4, GTA, Assassins Creed, etc. The only exclusive I saw that MS had that will be great is Mass Effect.  I would say Halo too, but UT2k7 and Haze are coming out, and both look on par with Halo.  Then Killzone amazed everyone that Sony was actually TELLING THE TRUTH about the demo shown in 2005.  It blew everything out of the water and is in freaking pre-alpha stages.
Yeah I guess Sony should pull the plug because how on earth can they compete with releasing games like Lair, Heavenly Sword, LBP, Uncharted, Socom, Warhawk, GT5, Ratchet and Clank, and the new online service Home?
You may not want to face the music and that is fine, but the PS3 is a fantastic piece of equipment.  They always have an amazing lineup of games--as their first party blows MS out of the water.  What does MS have--Halo, and that is about it.  What other first party games are there?  I am sure there are few more, let me know.  However, I doubt they can hold a candle to the Crash series, Jak series, Ratchet Series, God of war Series, Socom series, Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Twisted Metal Series, Uncharted, Lair, GT series, LBP, and the list of quality games goes on into the night.
I think MS has also made a good system, but to think Sony should bow out is outrageous!  Most games that are exclusive to PS3 are looking better than 360 games and will continue to do so as Sony has a far superior first party, and the PS3 has more power to be tapped.  Hang your head in shame and leave these boards as the sad fanboy that you are.  Go enjoy the 360 like I will go enjoy my PS3 and quit the sensless and mindless bashing.
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sushbag88

The 360 is my favorite current console but why the hell would u spend this much time typing up a thread just to pee off a bunch of ps3 fans.

loudharley

Because this is the system wars forum. Plus it's just fun!

jessie5788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jessie5788
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguy198"]

CMPunk13

A very troubling sign that you have to resort to sales on one website. How about explaining the millions of stores that have tons of PS3's sitting on the shelf, while the 360 and Wii are sold out? It's cause people (smart people) are finally seeing through Sony's smoke screen and saying "F YOU!".

PS3/Sony is on life support. Come to terms with that reality and your cowish existence just might make it.

whats wrong with using amazon as proof as sells there are selling out online and at stores. I suggest you walk into one of the millions of stores and see if a ps3 is left before you make comments because they are selling out.

Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sushbag88

whats wrong with using amazon as proof as sells there are selling out online and at stores. I suggest you walk into one of the millions of stores and see if a ps3 is left before you make comments because they are selling out.

jessie5788

Excuse me, are you kidding me? EVERY retail store I have been in which sells video game consoles has these dusty PS3 boxes just lined up. They'd love for you to buy one, but they know few will. The PS3 is sold out precisely nowhere. Like, PS3's are so common it's pretty funny to walk by them w/ your friends and remark, "Lol hey theres some PS3's. Wonder why no one's bought one."

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguy198"]

CMPunk13

360's are sold out??

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
[QUOTE="jessie5788"]

Sushbag88

Excuse me, are you kidding me? EVERY retail store I have been in which sells video game consoles has these dusty PS3 boxes just lined up. They'd love for you to buy one, but they know few will. The PS3 is sold out precisely nowhere. Like, PS3's are so common it's pretty funny to walk by them w/ your friends and remark, "Lol hey theres some PS3's. Wonder why no one's bought one."

Actually since the price drop many large retailers have reported really increased sales. Circuit city said they are sold out in many locations.

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushbag88"] And guess what we got? A delay of MGS4 and, even better, news that the much-touted $100 price cut wasn't much of a price cut at all, and even better, news that Konami might take MGS4 to the 360.What? The one thing that might have sold them a few extra PS3's .nygiantsfan1
I just saw this part of you're post and now refuse to read any of it.

Same here, nice try though

HXCDEW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 HXCDEW
Member since 2005 • 2007 Posts
What a stupid thread. I think thread opener is still living in 2006. I don't know what Sony did to him, but there's a limit to this nonsensical drivel. Come back to reality and smell the hot coffee. Sony had the best show on this E3 and they are ready to make things right. PS3 is far from done. It's just getting started and there are plenty of great games coming out this holiday season and Q1 08. Google it MOFO!
AdultsOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AdultsOnly
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

[QUOTE="Art_424"]I agree with your post, but can you make your speech a little bit shorter...???, I stoped reading it after the fisrt paragraph..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzMikeE21286

how can you agree, you yourself admitted you only read the first paragraph :|

HAHAHAHA. kids these days.

jessie5788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jessie5788
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="jessie5788"]

Sushbag88

i have one question have you been to these stores this week where i live there sold out. I know because i would like to buy one. wait until this sunday when the ads say ps3 price drop. they didn't say price drop this week in the ads.

Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sushbag88

Actually since the price drop many large retailers have reported really increased sales. Circuit city said they are sold out in many locations.

Thrice_III

Well how about that. It's certainly a change, but you must admit even after the temporary price drop it's not like a PS3 is a rare commodity.

Fkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fkid
Member since 2003 • 1028 Posts

The TC knows nothing about economics. It is better for Sony to keep supporting the PS3 even if they are losing. If they cancel support for the ps3, that will leave a bad taste for many gamers. Even if they move on the ps4, many gamers will have a sour note of SOny and will feel they might get abandoned if they purchase the ps4. Im glad that even though the gamecube was in 3rd place costantly last gen, nintendo kept supporting it which is what SOny should still.

If sony abandons the ps3 now, they will lose the majority of their fanbase and kiss their market share goodbye.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
The only way SONY would leave the console industry is if they do it to further expand there successful handheld market being that their handheld has outsold everysingle one of their console revials besides the Nintendo 64.
rkay36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rkay36
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

darkjounin
dreamcast was so ahead of its time
Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

1.Super Smash Bros. Brawl (December 3, 2007)

2.Mario Kart Wii (Early 2008)

3.Super Mario Galaxy (November 12, 2007)

4.Disaster: Day of Crisis (2008)

5.Battalion Wars 2 (October 29, 2007)

6.Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27, 2007)

7.Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (2007)

8.Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn (November 5, 2007)

9.Madden NFL 08 (August 14, 2007)

10.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.No More Heroes (Late 2007)

12.Wii Fit (Early 2008)

13.Mushroom Men: The Spore War (Fall 2008)

14.Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (Q4 2007)

15.Trauma Center: New Blood (2008)

16.Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (November 16, 2007)

17.Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sega (November 2007)

18.Animal Crossing Wii (2008)

19.Zelda Wii (2009)

20.Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Late 2007)

21.Kirby Wii (2008)

22.King Story (2008)

23.Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (Fall 2008)

24.Thrillville: Off the Rails (October 2007)

25.Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (October 2007)

26.de Blob (February 2008)

27.Boogie (August 7, 2007)

28.Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (September 2007)

29.Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (2008)

30.Ghost Squad (Late 2007)

31.Guiter Hero III: Legends of Rock (October 2007)

32.Endless Ocean (October 29, 2007)

33.MySims (Late 2007)

34.Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (July 26, 2007)

35.NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (November 13, 2007)

36.Mario and Sonic: At the Olympic Games (November 2007)

37.Sadness (2010)

38.Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (October 8, 2007)

39.Red Steel II (2009)

40.Brothers in Arms: Double Time (September 11, 2007)

41.Dewy's Adventure (2007)

42.Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (2008)

43.Mario Strikers Charged (July 30, 2007)

44.Opoona (2008)

45.Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (October 2007)

46.From Yellow to Orange Project (TBA)

47.Pyro Studios Project (TBA)

48.Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy (2008)

49.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (2008)

50.Nitro Bike (Late 2007)

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguy198"]

CMPunk13

360s are sold out?  Do you reside here on planet Earth?  Because here on Planet Earth--there is not one place where the 360 is sold out.

People finally seeing through the Sony smoke screen?  Yeah I know all of those horrible promises back at E3 and TGS05 where they showed us games like Heavenly Sword, Lair, Uncharted, and the infamous Killzone.  All of those game looked beyond beautiful and there was no way that they could get them to look that good.  I mean Killzone, please--it will never look that good!!!  Oh you evil Sony lying to the masses to sell your product--you can't possibly make games look like you promised. 

Oh wait!  What is this?  Oh my, it is E307.  Oh here we go, finally we will see Sony has lied with the "gameplay"--you will all see that the lied!!!!  And the games won't even look close!!!  Just watch!!!  Just Watch!!!!

*lights dim, Sony begins press confrence*  Dear lord, is that Heavenly Sword?  My God it looks better than what they promised.  Well they just got lucky on that one.  The "LIES" will be shown with Lair.

Dear lord, is that Lair?  It looks better than what Sony promised! Oh you just wait, there is no way that Uncharted will look as good.

Dear freaking son of Sam, is that Uncharted?  Holy mother of Pearl!  It looks way better than what Sony promised.  

Oh, but, but, but the Killzone!  THE LIES WILL BE SHOWN WITH TEH KILLZONE!

Holy mother of all things decent?  This cannot be Killzone, it looks like a movie!  And it is only in the Alpha stages!!!  And it looks better than the promises!

Hey, I said Sony could pull it off all along* cough cough*!  Who would hate such a company that delivered these amazing games and actualy surpassed their promises.  What do you mean that I called them liers for the past two years?  LONG LIVE SONY *as you run out and buy your own PS3*.  You know the one that YOU have been hating on and saying the SONY LIES!  Well open up your EYES and see the truth--they delivered--swallow your pride and move on. 
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sushbag88

Don't get the impression I actually believe Sony will pull out. They are too proud of their past accomplishments to do that. My post was to point out that for a gamer who's been around long enough to at least speak properly about an issue (something a number of people in this thread haven't yet achieved), I am extremely disappointed with the severe drop in quality of Sony's console division since the PS2 era. I mean, they have no chance.

Oh, and JustaBox: Don't kid yourself. The E3 2007 Killzone trailer hardly looked as good as the pre-rendered one at 2005. The game actually looks great, but not anything special when other games of comparable quality that are actually real are coming out, particularly on the PC format. And, come on, it's Killzone. We all know it won't possibly compare to something like Halo in terms of fun factor. But, we don't know until it comes out. Just don't bank everything on one game.