Spider-Man 2: 8/10 GS, 90MC UPDATE: 5 million copies over 10 days!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#901 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6985 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@kvallyx said:

Yeah, R&C was decent, but nothing great nor memorable. Spider-Man 2 was much worse than Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales IMO.

Nobody is talking about Spider-Man 2 anymore. A lot of people have said they went in the wrong direction.

Yeah, 30 Spider-Man games over the years, including on Xbox.

I think you meant no one is talking about Starfield or Redfall anymore 😄 Spider-Man 2 was just nominated for GOTY at The Game Awards 😎

No, that isn't what I meant. The sad state of affairs right now is that Spider-Man 2, which flopped, is not being talked about by gamers any longer. They played, and 7 hours later they went back to good games like Starfield, which won GOTY.

90+ Metacritic, 4th best selling game of the year and nominated for GotY. You have a funny defenition of flop.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#902 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

With SONY selling 40k units of PS5's a day and all these world class games to play, how does one find time to play them all?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#903 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@kvallyx said:

Yeah, R&C was decent, but nothing great nor memorable. Spider-Man 2 was much worse than Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales IMO.

Nobody is talking about Spider-Man 2 anymore. A lot of people have said they went in the wrong direction.

Yeah, 30 Spider-Man games over the years, including on Xbox.

I think you meant no one is talking about Starfield or Redfall anymore 😄 Spider-Man 2 was just nominated for GOTY at The Game Awards 😎

No, that isn't what I meant. The sad state of affairs right now is that Spider-Man 2, which flopped, is not being talked about by gamers any longer. They played, and 7 hours later they went back to good games like Starfield, which won GOTY.

90+ Metacritic, 4th best selling game of the year and nominated for GotY. You have a funny defenition of flop.

Sadly, our Sider-Man 2 only got an 8, and it's falling off the PSN charts, dropping to 9 already and wasn't even GOTY on the world renowned Golden Joystick Awards :(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#904  Edited By Heil68

What's awesome is not only did the game did well in sales, its nominated for GOTY.

What more could you ask for?

Firing on all cylinders for gen leading PS5!

Thank you GODNY!11!!

awww yeahhhh

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#905 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39390 Posts

Lems would kill for a game like this. But unfortunately for them, talent is no what's present at their 2313 studios.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#906 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Lems would kill for a game like this. But unfortunately for them, talent is no what's present at their 2313 studios.

A 12 hour one and done?

No thank you. We have to necro Sony 1st party game threads in order for people to talk about the game again.

BTW, Spider-Man 2, has 1/2 the players of Starfield. Ouch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#907 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

A 12 hour one and done?

No thank you. We have to necro Sony 1st party game threads in order for people to talk about the game again.

What's better, a 15h one n done, or a 300h one n done that makes you collect rocks as your primary goal of the game?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#908 Heil68

@hardwenzen said:

True, after the disaster that is StarFlop, not sure what can MS can do. :(

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#909 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

After finishing the 8 hour game (rated fittingly, an 8), it's dead and gone already :(. Nobody is talking about it and it has tanked on the bestseller list sadly.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#910  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

A 12 hour one and done?

What's better, a 15h one n done, or a 300h one n done that makes you collect rocks as your primary goal of the game?

But, Starfield is not "one and done". A good potion of the game is doing NG+. You'd know that if you ever played it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#911 KvallyX

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

But, Starfield is not "one and done". A good potion of the game is doing NG+. You'd know that if you ever played it.

He watched it on YouTube for 10 minutes.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#912 Heil68

Will there be DLC for this game?

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#913 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Who revived this? You're gonna piss off lems again. Give em a break

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#914 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

A 12 hour one and done?

What is tha good portion that you're referring to? I want to know it😆I will tell without even having played the game. You skip parts of the campaign, and continue upgrading the same shitty powers, visiting the same shrines, and have the same zero g flying section collecting light. If this is your "good part", you have completely forgotten what a good video game even is. The NG+ in Starfield is as pathetic as you will find in a video game. I've also notice in the last two weeks that "starfield is bad" is by far the most popular subject related to the game. Gone are the days of the honeymoon. Now, everyone is saying exactly what i have, and i didn't need to play the game, because if you have any kind of critical thinking, and have experience with Bethesda games, you saw this coming from miles away. Now, my question is this; is this game as bad as it is because Bethesda has truly fell off, or is Starfield a failure because they made it as a gamepass game?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#915 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45322 Posts

Many of my favorite games are in the 10-20 hour range. A game doesn’t need to be very long to be enjoyable.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#916 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:

Many of my favorite games are in the 10-20 hour range. A game doesn’t need to be very long to be enjoyable.

What about 8 hour DLC?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#917 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

The bovine brigade did their once and done WebHead Too in 8 hours and got so bored they came back to necro this thread about the failed game. lol

Poo Cows, BS Jive has no new games. :P

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#918 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

@Heil68 said:

It's pretty much a guarantee.

The game director already hinted at it and, the first got 3 of them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#919 Heil68

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@Heil68 said:

It's pretty much a guarantee.

The game director already hinted at it and, the first got 3 of them.

Nice! I should wait to the inevitable release of game and all DLC.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#920 Nonstop-Madness

Spider-Man 2 isn't a one and done 8 hr game.

It literally took me 23hrs to platinum it and, there's 100% going to be DLC.

More importantly, the game's platinum trophy has a ~20% completion rate. That's absurdly high because the game does a very good job of making you *want* to complete everything. A lot of games promise hundreds of hours of gameplay but, you ultimately just spend all that time doing tedious and mundane tasks. Spider-Man 2 is a roller coaster from start to finish; a spectacular 23 hours.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#921 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: honestly, I’m tired of the 80+ hour games. They take me like a year to get through since I don’t have 4+ hours per day to dedicate to them.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#922 Nonstop-Madness
@randy_lahey said:

@Nonstop-Madness: honestly, I’m tired of the 80+ hour games. They take me like a year to get through since I don’t have 4+ hours per day to dedicate to them.

Yeah, it takes forever *and* you're doing nothing of value half the time.

I absolutely hate a game that doesn't respect my time.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#923  Edited By KvallyX
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Spider-Man 2 isn't a one and done 8 hr game.

It literally took me 23hrs to platinum it and, there's 100% going to be DLC.

More importantly, the game's platinum trophy has a ~20% completion rate. That's absurdly high because the game does a very good job of making you *want* to complete everything. A lot of games promise hundreds of hours of gameplay but, you ultimately just spend all that time doing tedious and mundane tasks. Spider-Man 2 is a roller coaster from start to finish; a spectacular 23 hours.

I had the campaign done in 8 hours. Stopped after that. BORING.