SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/development-of-nintendos-next-console-is-reportedly-progressing-well/

Development of new Nintendo hardware is reportedly “progressing well”.

That’s according to a Nikkei Asia source, who the publication claims is close to the platform holder.

“Development seems to be progressing well,” they said. “But a product launch won’t happen before next spring at the earliest.”

Earlier today, Nintendo reported a slowdown in Switch hardware sales and suggested no new hardware will launch before April 2024.

The company said it sold 17.97 million Switch consoles during the fiscal year ended in March, taking lifetime sales to 125.62 million.

It expects to sell 15 million Switch consoles during the current fiscal year, which would represent a 16.5% year-over-year decline.

Nintendo Switch has entered its seventh year since launch, and while it will become more challenging to maintain the same sales momentum as before, our goal is to have more consumers continue to play Nintendo Switch for longer, leading to maximized sales,” the company said in a statement.

Speaking on an earnings call, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa reportedly said the company isn’t completely confident in hitting its 15 million sales target.

Nintendo says the transition to its next console is ‘a major focus for us’

The company wants to alleviate the risk of resetting its userbase, says Furukawa

According to Bloomberg, Furukawa added that no new or upgraded hardware is factored into Nintendo’s annual forecast.

“Sustaining the Switch’s sales momentum will be difficult in its seventh year,” Furukawa said. “Our goal of selling 15 million units this fiscal year is a bit of stretch. But we will do our best to bolster demand going into the holiday season so that we can achieve the goal.”

I’m glad Switch sales are down, we need Nintendo to focus on the Switch 2 😆 Plus, next year will be Switch’s 7th anniversary, which is ancient for a console. 2024 better be the year! Am I rite, SW?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

I’m hoping mid 2024. The Switch was already an outdated piece ce of crap in 2016 when it came out.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

So I called it, said it wouldn’t come out until 2025, early 2025. Many claimed it would be 2024. Let’s wait and see.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6982 Posts

Any leaked specs?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Would like to see it come out sometime next year. The Switch is now into its seventh year on the market so it’s certainly natural to see its sales decline. Surprisingly there’s been no price cut on it either.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

@silentchief said:

Any leaked specs?

Shit tier.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

I’m hoping mid 2024. The Switch was already an outdated piece ce of c*** in 2017 when it came out.

I doubt most gamers ever care about whether the Switch is outdated or not. Only a niche minority (who post in message boards like this one) cares.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6404 Posts

@Juub1990: Nintendo make cutesy cartoon looking games, they don't need great hardware for that, and the Switch sales prove that.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

I'm not in a big hurry. The longer they take, the easier it will be to make a big jump in horsepower without pushing size and battery-life limits.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

The Switch was a somewhat risky endeavour for Nintendo coming off the abysmal Wii U performance so not surprising that they didn’t really go all out with the system at the time. Also mobile technology has improved greatly since then. Now that the Switch has proven to be such a huge success I can see them leaning a bit more into its successor.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Switch can't be over until it gets Windwaker and Twilight Princess :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@templecow90999: And Xenoblade Chronicles X.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

WHERE IS MY CRINGEHOG89 at? Its Switch 2 news, its time to show your ass.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#14 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

I think Metroid Prime 4 would be a Switch 2 launch title. I am actually surprised it's been 7 years next year.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Next year is better for me. I have the ROG Ally to pre-order in a day and a couple hours.. convincing my wife we need two consoles (that what steam deck type devices basically are) in one year might have been a tough sale, even though we play the Switch every night.. lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen

I genuinely hope they don't upgrade anything. As i am being told in every thread, Nintendo games don't need horsepower, so lets tells ourselves that what's inside the Switch is good enough until 2040, and call it a day. Remember, gameplay>graphics, so there's no point of upgrading hardware when the Switch is loaded with autopilot bangers.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

It will probably be coming with the Orin chip (SoC), which is a lot more powerful than the current Mariko chip. It won't be as powerful as a Steam Deck or something like a Ryzen 7800U or something, but it will suffice.

It is crazy that there are more powerful SoC's around like Apple's Bionic series A15 or the even more powerful M1/M2-series, or maybe even the Snapdragon Gen 1/2, but these are somehow all unavailable options for Nintendo. I really wish Apple would let others use their chips.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#18 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

@Locutus_Picard: We know the Switch 2 is going to be weak.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

@Locutus_Picard: We know the Switch 2 is going to be weak.

Wouldn't say weak, weaker in comparison, yes, but for the kinds of artstyle and scope Nintendo games are going for it will be adequate. Sure I would want to play Nintendo games at 4K as well but I can already do that on PC.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

@Archangel3371: Yes please give me Xenoblade Chronicles X! I want that game in Switch so bad. I still have limited edition Wii U copy of that game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Juub1990: Nintendo make cutesy cartoon looking games, they don't need great hardware for that, and the Switch sales prove that.

In fact Nintendo is smart to keep making cartoony games: they cost way less to make than photoreal graphics.. So in turn Nintendo can get games out quicker and cheaper.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

It'll definitely be next year... and as I've said before, I just hope it's a backwards compatible Switch 2 basically.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Will it play Xbox studios call of duty natively and be of a decent standard

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I expect next year I know sales have fallen off some but they are still not bad and I expect zelda to boost them a little and I think nintendo will wide the zelda, Mario Kart dlc and Splatoon 3 dlc for the rest of this year. I really hope we get a new DK really soon its like a crime that we have not gotten a new DK game in 9 + years now with how much a master peace Tropical freeze is.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

A 4k switch is all I want maybe 1080p in handheld will finally happen.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic

oh snap?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

I thought Nintendo would have delayed Tears of the Kingdom and released it at the same time as their newer system. That would have exploded sales for the newer system.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: they will release the remastered edition. 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Pedro: they will release the remastered edition. 😎

That version is already on PC.😎

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 templecow90999

At this point I'd say Nintendo is holding Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 9, and the next 3D Mario for Switch 2's launch window.

Switch can fade off into the sunset for the next year and a half. I still am hoping it gets a Pokemon gen 2 release (either port HeartGold like they did with Diamond, or do a Let's Go take on it I don't care). And besides the obvious Windwaker and Twilight Princess, I'd love some more Gamecube remasters like Metroid Prime at that $40 price point- Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario TTYD, FZero GX.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 templecow90999
@Archangel3371 said:

I'm so sorry to say it I just can't get into Xenoblade. I really tried :/

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371

@templecow90999: No need to apologize, you like what you like. I’ll gladly get it if it ever comes out.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: Nintendo is coming for those people 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: I understand your bitterness even though I can't relate. 🙃

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

Already seeing a bunch of delusional af Nintendo fans expecting it to have XboneX or better performance for under $400 and while being a portable system🤣🤣🤣

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

they dont have volume of chips etc. atm for it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I'd kinda to see them hold that off for their next system instead at this stage. The switch is at the end of it's life. It's going out with a bang with TOTK then it's going to be pretty quiet in terms of releases. Sending out XCX out now on the switch would be unfortunate. There also wouldn't really be any upgrades. The power gap between the Wiiu and switch is not that big.

A port to the switch 2 would mean they can have a big game pretty early in the Switch 2s life (useful during the post launch lull). It would also give Monolithsoft an opportunity to get their tech up to speed for the new system. They pulled of some minor miracles on the wiiu and switch. I can't wait to see what they can do with more processing power to work with.

Also interesting to see the comment about alleviating the risk of resetting the userbase. A comment on strong BC and all physical and digital purchases carrying over? Or perhaps we could be facing a long cross gen period between the switch and switch 2 (i hope not :S).

And the biggest question of course: What is it? A literal Switch 2? A switch phone? A new console optimised only for pathtraced games (think of the RT remasters!)?

....i mean it will probably be a switch with specs similar to the steam Deck....probably. But it is Nintendo...they are not the most predictable.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Switch 2 is already here and it already has the new Zelda.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZELDABOTW2

@SolidGame_basic said:

oh snap?

Interesting because switch was already announced a lot closer to its release than normal for a console.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ZELDABOTW2
@hardwenzen said:

Already seeing a bunch of delusional af Nintendo fans expecting it to have XboneX or better performance for under $400 and while being a portable system🤣🤣🤣

It may be 400 and I dont think that would be delusional to think xbox one x considering that you are talking about 7 years or so later.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ZELDABOTW2

We are over do for a new 3d Mario so I think its clear they are saving it for launch of switch 2. Also considering all the rumors about TP and WW HD being ported over to switch and yet has not happend and now TOTK comes out friday maybe we get those 2 games at some point on switch 2 has a like hold you over between TOTK and what ever the next big zelda game is after that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

It may be 400 and I dont think that would be delusional to think xbox one x considering that you are talking about 7 years or so later.

Wait, so you're thinking that the Switch 2 might be reaching XboneX performance?

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZELDABOTW2

@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wait, so you're thinking that the Switch 2 might be reaching XboneX performance?

I know nintendo is under powered have been sense wii but switch is more powerful than ps3 even if not at ps4 level so I would think switch 2 would be at least at xbox one/ps4 level maybe ps4 pro/xbox one level or maybe between ps4 pro/ xbox one and ps4 and xbox one level.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I know nintendo is under powered have been sense wii but switch is more powerful than ps3 even if not at ps4 level so I would think switch 2 would be at least at xbox one/ps4 level maybe ps4 pro/xbox one level or maybe between ps4 pro/ xbox one and ps4 and xbox one level.

What kind of copium are you on right now? This is happening with you Nintendo fans EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. Shall i save this conversation and remind you how wrong you were to think that when the specs are revealed? The absolute best you will get is Xbone 2013 level of performance, and really lucky if you get there. Forget the Pro and the Xbone X are even a thing.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZELDABOTW2

@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

What kind of copium are you on right now? This is happening with you Nintendo fans EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. Shall i save this conversation and remind you how wrong you were to think that when the specs are revealed? The absolute best you will get is Xbone 2013 level of performance, and really lucky if you get there. Forget the Pro and the Xbone X are even a thing.

lol Wii U was a little more powerful than a ps3 maybe not by much but you really think in 2 gens that nintendo cant go up 1 more gen in power?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hardwenzen
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol Wii U was a little more powerful than a ps3 maybe not by much but you really think in 2 gens that nintendo cant go up 1 more gen in power?

Why would they? All their games since 2020 run at 19fps, and people are buying the system like hotcakes, so why exactly would they invest into hardware? Not only will they be sticking to that sweet $399.99 price tag (which doesn't allow you to have anything worthwhile in the portable space), you can bet your ass Nintendo ain't losing a cent for systems sold, while Sony and MS always do, and often even over $100 per system.

You will get an incredibly outdated system that will run titles from 22fps to a solid 28-30fps with textures that are superior to what's on the N64. But as i am being told at least once a week, Nintendo doesn't need powerful hardware to run Nintendo titles, so you'll be perfectly fine with those specs.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

Look at the size of the Xsex/PS5 and compare it to the size of the Switch. Of course portable hardware will be way less powerful. I'd be surprised if the Switch 2 can reach PS4 graphics standards and fps higher than 30. Cartoony games will always look fine, but as soon as you try something a little photorealistic, well forget it then.