System Wars Lounge V82: The High Horse Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#301 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 and cup still defending blacklist lol.

My friend.

You call Mafia masterpiece.

Well it is a masterpiece.

Even with it's flaws Blacklist is still better.

So sad.

not a fan of splinter effect mark and execute edition starting not sam fisher.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

Not a fan of poor mans Naughty Dog game with babies first mob story.

Very sorry friend.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#303  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59323 Posts

@Macutchi said:

@uninspiredcup: just had a nosey round. several steam discussions on the issue saying the game is broken in perfectionist mode at that point. few people saying they got it after 20-30 tries by luck i.e. the terrorist missed. there are some perfectionist run throughs on yt so it's definitely possible. my suspicion is i started the level with a stealth build and if i'd have gone for an assault build i'd have enough armour to survive. this is the problem with them catering to all crowds and not being clever enough with the design. if you pick the wrong one you're screwed.

blacklist was definitely better this time around but it did often feel like i made it through a level in spite of the controls not because of them. the amount of times i needed sam to zip from cover to cover with precision timing, only to point the cursor at the next piece of cover and see there's no arrow icon (and no good reason why), meaning you can't snap to it and so have to find a plan b. so awkward and clumsy, particularly when time is of the essence. makes a mockery of "perfectionist" mode 🙄.

in the question over which is the better game - this or conviction, it's a bit like two bald men fighting over a comb. i think blacklist has the edge in terms of the better splinter cell, but which is the better game i don't really know. or care either at this point lol. there's plenty to dislike about each

For me say it's better than Conviction. Think got something like 10+ hours out of the side-missions. Really enjoyed the maps, large enough to be engaging with multiple routes but still tight enough that they don't drag or failure becomes overbearing.

Definitely agree about the controls, they tried to streamline it, presumably to match the games speed, but it ends up feeling far more cumbersome compared than the traditional controls.

Also not keen on unlocking shit in, well, almost every game but especially Tom Clancy titles. It didn't start here, Double Agent was guilty of that shit, but I think the player should always be given all options from the start, aside from allowing for more diverse gameplay, for just the perspective of the type of game, it makes logical sense and goes against that quasi-realism Tom Clancy games were known for.

Sure if I bothered with the SP probably more critical here, but it seems kinda dodged the bullet.

Conviction, uh, just repetitive with not enough meat.

The idea behind it could have potentially been cool, a nuts and bolts Splinter Cell going all A-Team, i'd play that. But not this.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:

Not a fan of poor mans Naughty Dog game with babies first mob story.

Very sorry friend.

Loading Video...

Ahead of its time.

no naughty dog hand holding or QTE segments or walking segments.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 ConanTheStoner  Online

Yeah, Deniable Ops probably my favorite part of Conviction.

Still need to SC marathon, just side tracked with other games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, Deniable Ops probably my favorite part of Conviction.

Still need to SC marathon, just side tracked with other games.

Don't think actually tried that. I mean I will, if ever I open that shit up again, but Conviction leaves a very yucky taste in the mouth.

If I ever go back basically be for 1/2/3/Og-DA

-

I'm looking forward to the seeing what the VR game is about, a lot of people have wrote it off as bullshit, but from having played Red Storms Star Trek game, they kinda done a great job, even if is somewhat shallow compared to Bridge Commander or similar ilk.

So yea, could be a pile of shit, but def keep an open mind about it.

Hoping as well Alyx has had something of a ripple effect where they are aiming more towards, more substantial AAA products.

I suspect if it ends up trash be less the VR and more the Ubisoft.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#307 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10553 Posts

@uninspiredcup: yeah side missions were pretty decent. there was some genuinely not bad bits in the campaign either. few things which annoyed me last time which i ended up finding alternate ways of dealing with. tbf imagine if i played conviction now it would probably come out worse in a comparison. i've got a hard copy knocking about somewhere but don't know if i can be arsed

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner: my friend, champ once said i didnot explain clearly why prince of persia 2008 suck. but i already explain you cant die and princess save you always.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

@ConanTheStoner: my friend, champ once said i didnot explain clearly why prince of persia 2008 suck. but i already explain you cant die and princess save you always.

They could have just stacked 60+ ink ribbons and put lipstick on them.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 ConanTheStoner  Online

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

Haha

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#312 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@howmakewood said:
@i_p_daily said:
@howmakewood said:

damn tormo was xbot all along...

Wut???

Conans pic...

To put it simply, Tormentos was an Xbox 360 fan back in the days of SW, so this isn't surprising seeing Conan's pic.

What pic the imposter ones? what am i missing here lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Chutebox  Online

@i_p_daily: Look at the second pic clearly, in case you missed it.

I think Dave missed the point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Chutebox said:

@i_p_daily: Look at the second pic clearly, in case you missed it.

I think Dave missed the point.

Got it, i was looking at the name lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 ConanTheStoner  Online

Liked leaving it up for interpretation. Made me feel like a real artist.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#316 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

@Chutebox: I didn't miss it. I was just telling Daily that Torm used to be a huge fan of the 360 back in the days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: How would you know he was a big 360 fan back in the day if you joined here in 2014?

Something you're not telling us???

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: How would you know he was a big 360 fan back in the day if you joined here in 2014?

Something you're not telling us???

I was a lurker here on GS back around 2011. I never join due to School/Collage so I wouldn't be distracted by coming here to post and once I was done with classes, I finally join Oct 2014.

Edit: My original site used to be IGN and Game Pro but Game Pro shutdown many years ago. Once I started coming to GS, I stop going back to IGN.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 ConanTheStoner  Online

I've been on this forum since late 2004, and been on GS since earlier than that. We're all alts and bandodgers IP! :O

-

Caved today and ordered some Hori Joycons for ye olde Switch.

Seriously, seems like you would need Tormo thumbs to play that shit in handheld for extended time. And yeah, gonna be nice to have actual anaologs.

Not usually big on handheld play anyways, but been doing a lot of rendering work lately. Nice to pick up and play real quick while waiting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ConanTheStoner: So was tormy a big 360 guy back in the day?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: Ah so you "lurked" for 3yrs before joining, sure you did lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 ConanTheStoner  Online

@i_p_daily:

When he was el tormo, yeah I think so?

Honestly a bit hazy on that one. Would have to check with our book keeper... tormo.

I don't even think he owns current consoles man, pretty sure he just chooses a side to fanboy over. At least for the longest while I know he didn't own a PS4 while shilling for it.

Ha, that's actually where the thumb pic came from! That fateful day he was finally able to take a pic of a PS4.👍

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: If you don't mind me asking. Did you originally come from IGN as well?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 ConanTheStoner  Online

Not even clowning here IP, this video series is my favorite thing to come from Australia.

Loading Video...

Proper degens.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: If you don't mind me asking. Did you originally come from IGN as well?

Shit no, this is the only site i've joined that talks about multiple platforms.

The only other 2 site i've joined are Xbox sites like trueachievements.com which is great as there is lots of walkthroughs and guides from users. and then there's Xboxachievements.com which does a similar job as the other site but is guides and that have died a lot as the users have died down a lot there.

Ok now we've spoken about that, did you used to have a different account here? and did you delete it and start again?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: This is the only account I ever made. I wish I could have joined back in 2011 but I fear if I join, I get addicted to posting too much here and not study, and plus, my daughter was still a brat until she calms down so yeah, not a good time for me to join until late 2014.

At times, I wanted to change my name but decided to leave it alone since everyone here got used to DaVillain lol. And let it be known GS is my only gaming site home and if this place were to shut down, I'm done with all gaming sites.

Fun fact: One of the original GS Staff lead ask me if I want to be a moderator back in 2016 but I turn it down for personal reason but now things are different here, a new staff asked me again and here I am.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ConanTheStoner said:

Not even clowning here IP, this video series is my favorite thing to come from Australia.

Loading Video...

Proper degens.

I can see why someone such as yourself likes it being a pothead and all that (no offense) but that's not really what people are like here, sure there's people like that, but it would like be me thinking that rednecks are a true representation of Americans.

But if you like that then you would really love Housos, here enjoy...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts
@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: This is the only account I ever made. I wish I could have joined back in 2011 but I fear if I join, I get addicted to posting too much here and not study, and plus, my daughter was still a brat until she calms down so yeah, not a good time for me to join until late 2014.

At times, I wanted to change my name but decided to leave it alone since everyone here got used to DaVillain lol. And let it be known GS is my only gaming site home and if this place were to shut down, I'm done with all gaming sites.

You can change your name? Or is that just you using moderator powers we don't have? My name sucks.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 DaVillain  Moderator

@ezekiel43: If you want to change your name, you gotta ask GS Staff Lead to get permission to do so. Moderators cannot change users name but, do you want your name to be changed and if so, I can lead you to our Staff lead if you want it to change anytime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

Fun fact: One of the original GS Staff lead ask me if I want to be a moderator back in 2016 but I turn it down for personal reason but now things are different here, a new staff asked me again and here I am.

So what actual powers do you have here, can you give other people strikes or ban people?

I'd say i would be banned before this place shut down lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#331 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Andy Reed is such an amazing play caller.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Loading Video...

Proper degens.

I can see why someone such as yourself likes it being a pothead and all that (no offense) but that's not really what people are like here, sure there's people like that, but it would like be me thinking that rednecks are a true representation of Americans.

Not true. I ran into those types of people in Queensland. Most hilarious and terrifying experiences of my life.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SOedipus: C'mon now no need to over embellish. Yes there are people similar to that, but the stuff you conan and even i posted takes a person like that but has been dialled up from a 2 to 11.

So Queenslanders are called bogans here which is the same as what Americans call rednecks.

And if you did see people similar to these what were you doing in the housing commission area (the ghetto for the yanks lol) looking for illegal substances is the likely answer lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 ConanTheStoner  Online

Wasn't that deep ciggy butt brain.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Chutebox  Online

@briguyb13: that td to the fullback was amazing. He never did anything like this in Philly, thankfully.

Doesn't hurt to have the best qb in the league though lol

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@SOedipus: C'mon now no need to over embellish. Yes there are people similar to that, but the stuff you conan and even i posted takes a person like that but has been dialled up from a 2 to 11.

So Queenslanders are called bogans here which is the same as what Americans call rednecks.

And if you did see people similar to these what were you doing in the housing commission area (the ghetto for the yanks lol) looking for illegal substances is the likely answer lol.

In Northwestern Ontario bogan is a derogatory term aimed at indigenous people. The first time I heard it being used in Australia I was like "whoa, settle down there you racist" lol. I was never called the c-word so much before in my life either. It wasn't meant in a bad way, if that makes sense. But yeah, a lot of utes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SOedipus said:
@i_p_daily said:

In Northwestern Ontario bogan is a derogatory term aimed at indigenous people. The first time I heard it being used in Australia I was like "whoa, settle down there you racist" lol. I was never called the c-word so much before in my life either. It wasn't meant in a bad way, if that makes sense. But yeah, a lot of utes.

See i live in country NSW and you never find people that go around calling people that all the time, i mean i barely even here it at all. I went for a holiday in Queensland about 4yrs ago for 2 weeks and never heard any of that. So again you must of been in the burbs looking for that choof lol.

Don't get me started on utes because it brings me back to Holden and the people who own the brand (GM) as they are no longer making Aussie cars, so we will probably get the bulking crap that Americans call cars over here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By uninspiredcup

Australian comedy is pretty good. Love Danger 5, more of this please.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Poor Lewis Hamilton, talk about the classic whinging pom.

Hamilton gets 2 5sec penalties for things he wasn't meant to be doing, and instead of reading the rules, he attacks the FIA officials stating its a conspiracy to stop him from beating Schumacher's race wins record.

Hamilton's no champion, Mercedes put him in the fastest car, got a team mate who's slower, and when he screws up its, he whinges and doesn't accept its his fault.

Now the Aussies Daniel Riccardo got a penalty for not re entering the track correctly, and he said to his team he was sorry, and that he would driver faster to recoup that 5secs, and he did. Class act and a real champion.

No wonder F1's rating are declining :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

So what actual powers do you have here, can you give other people strikes or ban people?

Every Mod has the same powers that's all I got to say about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Every Mod has the same powers that's all I got to say about that.

Oh you must honour the code, mum's the word lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 uninspiredcup

These are very based.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Watched the baby episode of Mr. Bean. His roller coaster face was completely the opposite of what I expected. But so him. Wonder if I could keep a straight face. I don't think I've ever been on one.

My DVD screenshot:

YouTube compression:

Loading Video...

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I highly recommend the sandwich version if you haven't already tried them. The peanut butter one is amazing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 uninspiredcup

@sancho_panzer: Yea, shit was so good, be nice to just get a big ass ice-cream tub of it as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ezekiel43: Mr. Bean is kind of a brilliant creation. By making him like the silent era characters doesn't really matter what country or culture you're from, you'll get the humor, more or less universally accessible.

The movies missed the mark on that, the character doesn't really work in the format. Although do love that the painting gag literally became reality.