Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

And its going to be no other than this game right here. System shock

I don't think any of 2022 game looks better than this game right here. System shock.

Yes its indie game. does not have big publisher or budget so mainstream media will ignore it. but is there really any game that looks as ambitious and creative than this? yes I played demo although short but nailed it. its System shock 2 follow up which was one of the greatest game of all time.

this is also how you do remake. 1994 game remake. but it can be consider new game too.

mainstream GOTY definitely going to be something like God of war but a true GOTY IMHO is no other than this game.

what you think? is there really any game that looks better than this masterpiece? lets discuss.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Well see how it competes with Kirby, but anything can happen.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

I think it looks like a 7, maybe 8/10.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

The corrupt mainstream media wont give it more than 7/10. but its 10/10 game.

System shock 2 was also 10/10 game. and this resemble system shock 2.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

@ghosts4ever: In what way is it a 10/10 game? You do realise what a 10 should entail right? It has to be up there with the greatest games ever made and have very few flaws. System Shock does not appear to be anywhere near a 10. Stop over-hyping shit. It looks more like a 6/10.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

@ghosts4ever: In what way is it a 10/10 game? You do realise what a 10 should entail right? It has to be up there with the greatest games ever made and have very few flaws. System Shock does not appear to be anywhere near a 10. Stop over-hyping shit. It looks more like a 6/10.

Immersive sim? check

Deep and complex map design? Check

Big inventory? Check

Tons of content? check

Yes its a 10/10 game that corrupt mainstream media will not give it more than 7 because they only praise AAA mainstream movie games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BassMan

@ghosts4ever: The graphics are weak. WTF is with the pixels? Tribute to the old game? That is just lame. Environment design looks half-ass. Even one of your previously hyped games (Prey) looks significantly better.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

@ghosts4ever: The graphics are weak. WTF is with the pixels? Tribute to the old game? That is just lame. Environment design looks half-ass. Even one of your previously hyped games (Prey) looks significantly better.

Graphics are pretty good. atmosphere is fantastic.

but come on. its indie game. they don't have big budget. it looks better, more creative and deeper than any of AAA games in recent year.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

Looks great really and the demo was cool. Love the art direction. As for being a 10/10, maybe play the whole game first?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BassMan
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

but come on. its indie game. they don't have big budget. it looks better, more creative and deeper than any of AAA games in recent year.

I see nothing special about the game. Somebody who doesn't have nostalgia for the old game is not going to be impressed. The Callisto Protocol and Dead Space remake are much more impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

yet another ghosts thread.

basically anything he hypes is forgotten within a week post release. either can't take off the nostalgia glasses, or just has a hard-on for anything "not mainstream"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59118 Posts

I agree my freind, update the interface, fix the shitty enter-the-matrix stuff, be a good time.

Rather it was VR though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

I agree my freind, update the interface, fix the shitty enter-the-matrix stuff, be a good time.

Rather it was VR though.

If this was Bioshock. we would have reached 20 pages and mainstream media would hyping it. but its System Shock. barely anyone knows, barely promote.

its sad state of industry.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever
@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

I see nothing special about the game. Somebody who doesn't have nostalgia for the old game is not going to be impressed. The Callisto Protocol and Dead Space remake are much more impressive.

yes. new audience is not going to be impressed.

"OMG I am lost. i cant find my ways" "why this game is too hardz and too complex why combat is not good"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59118 Posts

Eh. System Shock dope.

Reason people don't care because A) Old looking B) Complex and hard to get into C) Doesn't have the media hype machine behind it D) Flopped on release and overshadowed by System Shock 2

Your average gaming critic probably hasn't even played System Shock.

Which is disgusting. And wrong. Repugnant etc...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh. System Shock dope.

Reason people don't care because A) Old looking B) Complex and hard to get into C) Doesn't have the media hype machine behind it

Your average gaming critic probably hasn't even played System Shock.

Which is disgusting. And wrong. Repugnant etc...

Absolutely. once again the gaming expert Cup has spoken.

just be glad we are getting System Shock in this day and age.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8492 Posts

@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

Graphics aren't the deciding factor for 10/10 game or how would you explain Journey or very recently Elden Ring which every one is gushing on? I would say if that was the case then Elden Ring should be 5/10 because it being an AAA game with big publisher behind it.

System Shock is much more complex and hard to get into, hence many wouldn't see the appeal however the level design is much more impressive and complex compared to your run of the mill Callisto Protocol or Dead Space. Actually the level design was too complex or cumbersome in the original, not something your average joe can get into. CP and DS are both linear casual shooters with better production values, that's it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

All I want is System Shock 1 with half decent controls. Anything more than that (and doesnt detract from the game's design), is a bonus.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BassMan

@pc_rocks: Visuals are huge for an immersive atmospheric game. I didn't see the appeal of the old SS games back in the day. They didn't look very good and had an annoying inventory. There were lame boxes around the enemies. Those games just didn't do anything for me. However, I can appreciate the recent Arkane games and Bioshock. I will give this new SS remake a shot, but I am not expecting much based on what I have seen. The cancelled SS3 looked like a much better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Gunplay and graphics look weak but if all you care about is RPG elements then maybe this will be ok. Also this game was in severe developmental hell for years I would be be worried that this is going to be a buggy broken mess. Your immersive sims that you love Ghost aren't that hard stop pretending that they are. If you want to play something truly challenging play a MP game against real people not AI.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46482 Posts

Yup, extremely hyped for this one. I've never had the pleasure of enjoyign SS1 or 2 so I'm extremely glad with what Nightdive is doing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:

Gunplay and graphics look weak but if all you care about is RPG elements then maybe this will be ok. Also this game was in severe developmental hell for years I would be be worried that this is going to be a buggy broken mess. Your immersive sims that you love Ghost aren't that hard stop pretending that they are. If you want to play something truly challenging play a MP game against real people not AI.

Gunplay???

OMG you complain about a Gunplay in System shock???

Its not FPS. its Immersive sim or rather FPS/RPG hybrid.

demo is available. I played it and it nailed it.

but if its blockbuster mainstream title. you would be all over it.

something buggy but brilliant is better than something trash but polished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Gunplay???

Is there a written rule that you can't have good gunplay in a immersive sim? I don't see why you can't have both.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ghosts4ever

Ta

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Gunplay???

Is there a written rule that you can't have good gunplay in a immersive sim? I don't see why you can't have both.

Deus Ex 1. Greatest game of all time. had shit gunplay.

System Shock 2. Second greatest game of all time. again weak gunplay.

but why they are 2 of greatest games of all time? because how deep, immersive, they are.

Take a look at this map design.

this is why Bioshock being called poor mans System shock. rather dumbed down System shock and Prey being called its true spiritual successor. and look at infinite. Bioshock infinite is among the worst AAA FPS of all time.

Kinda shame you never experience Deus Ex and System shock. also through STALKER into it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BassMan

@ghosts4ever: I didn't like the original Deus Ex either. Poor gunplay, annoying inventory, poor presentation. I just couldn't get into it. I like Mankind Divided though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

@ghosts4ever: I didn't like the original Deus Ex either. Poor gunplay, annoying inventory, poor presentation. I just couldn't get into it. I like Mankind Divided though.

its 2022.

there's still no game that is better than Deus Ex 1 right there.

unless STALKER 2 do something that can be as good as STALKER 1. Deus Ex 1 remain best forever.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BassMan

@ghosts4ever: I didn't like Deus Ex when it came out and it is a lot less impressive in 2022. Also, while I enjoyed Stalker more, it is overrated and I give it a 6/10. I much prefer the Metro games

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

The corrupt mainstream media wont give it more than 7/10.

all right settle down donald. if it's good which we all hope it is i'm sure it will be acknowledged and scored accordingly

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

all right settle down donald. if it's good which we all hope it is i'm sure it will be acknowledged and scored accordingly

reviewers complain about game being too hard.

Prey got 6/10 here.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

When this game scores a 6/10, what game will you hype as the next masterpiece next after you ghost (pun intended) System Shock?

My vote goes to Stalker 2.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

reviewers complain about game being too hard.

Prey got 6/10 here.

because it was flawed my friend. cup who you see as gaming expert has that opinion too.

the flipside of that is deathloop being given 10s across the board when we both know that too is a flawed game.

the corruption you speak of i would imagine is more about scores for shit games being inflated by publishers with deep pockets, rather than lesser known studios getting their games marked down just for being lesser known

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts
@Macutchi said:

the corruption you speak of i would imagine is more about scores for shit games being inflated by publishers with deep pockets, rather than lesser known studios getting their games marked down just for being lesser known

Yup. Shit games get great reviews often, but good games can still get good reviews. Even if System Shock R gets a 7 or 8 from most websites, Lost Ark still got 9/10s. And Lost Ark is really fucking bad, we are talking 4/10 at most. System Shock R is guaranteed to be a much better game, but also guaranteed to have worse scores from websites than, for example, Lost Ark or the next Call of Duty.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

And its going to be no other than this game right here. System shock

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I don't think any of 2022 game looks better than this game right here. System shock.

Yes its indie game. does not have big publisher or budget so mainstream media will ignore it. but is there really any game that looks as ambitious and creative than this? yes I played demo although short but nailed it. its System shock 2 follow up which was one of the greatest game of all time.

this is also how you do remake. 1994 game remake. but it can be consider new game too.

mainstream GOTY definitely going to be something like God of war but a true GOTY IMHO is no other than this game.

what you think? is there really any game that looks better than this masterpiece? lets discuss.

Shit game, shit poster.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

It looks interesting. I think I prefer the atmosphere of System Shock 2 though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

GamePass or bust. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

GamePass or bust. :P

I wish it was on GP cause I'm not paying full price for this!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:

Ta

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Gunplay???

Deus Ex 1. Greatest game of all time. had shit gunplay.

System Shock 2. Second greatest game of all time. again weak gunplay.

but why they are 2 of greatest games of all time? because how deep, immersive, they are.

Take a look at this map design.

this is why Bioshock being called poor mans System shock. rather dumbed down System shock and Prey being called its true spiritual successor. and look at infinite. Bioshock infinite is among the worst AAA FPS of all time.

Kinda shame you never experience Deus Ex and System shock. also through STALKER into it.

I don't care you can have your shit gunplay am I suppose to be jealous? lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11653 Posts

Won't win a single GOTY award.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: Because those games are about gunplay right?

Stick to casual GTA. Immersive sims are too complex for you.

You can complete Deus ex without firing a singlr bullet.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39302 Posts

If you think this masterpiece isn't winning goty, you're delusional.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Lol, whatever you say ghosts.

😴

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

System Shock is a game no doubt many longtime fans might appreciate this modern iteration, yet I wonder if people who never experienced it will appreciate it, or whether the modernization will actually be a worthwhile experience for new players.

Given the original game set the blueprint for many other great games to follow, like say more modern Prey or Bioshock games, curious how people who experienced those games fiest will perceive this one when they play it for the first time. Will it feel fresh to those people or still feel dated despite the new face-lift? We shall see.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18256 Posts

Holy shiet ... why is Day9 looking so old in this video?

Anyway ... by merely watching who created this thread, you know is going to be something incredibly niche, good but not great only hyped by the same core audience is aimed at.

And yep, i wasn't wrong.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Looks nice; I can see they've put alot of effort into it.

Easy to see how it inspired masterpieces like Deus Ex.

Looks like it'll be a fun and enjoyable prelude to the inevitable System Shock 3.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22801 Posts

Elden Ring cannot be beat for game of the year. Especially not by a first person shooter.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghosts4ever

@TheEroica said:

Elden Ring cannot be beat for game of the year. Especially not by a first person shooter.

its not a First person shooter. its immersive sim. different genre.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#47  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19611 Posts

Never played the System Shock games, but have played the BioShock games. How do the System Shock games compare to the BioShock games?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

@Jag85 said:

Never played the System Shock games, but have played the BioShock games. How do the System Shock games compare to the BioShock games?

Leages above Bioshock.

Bioshock was dumbed down consolized version of System shock 2.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#49 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19611 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jag85 said:

Leages above Bioshock.

Bioshock was dumbed down consolized version of System shock 2.

Apparently, BioShock and Dead Space were both originally intended to be System Shock successors, before Resident Evil 4 came along and inspired BioShock and Dead Space to be redesigned more along the lines of RE4... which could explain the consolization.

FPSGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FPSGOD
Member since 2015 • 200 Posts

Where's Halo? I don't see Halo Infinite mentioned in this thread.

Bit odd.