hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

As a cow, i am not happy at all with this generation. LITERALLY NOTHING IS HAPPENING. What the f*ck is this about? We used to wait for E3 because of genre defining exclusives and highest production quality games you won't see on any other system. The kind of games Microsoft was salivating for, but never had the talent to make anything remotely similar. Now, well, now we have absolutely nothing. The biggest gaming show of the year is approaching, and there's no reason to be even reminded that the ps5 is a thing because they have nothing to show for it.

Since we're used to high quality titles for four generations straight, getting literally nothing hits much harder than it would hit a lemming, for the simple fact that their Xbox has been suffering since the year Kinect came out, which was years before the Xbone was even released. They're used to mediocrity and disappointments, but i ain't, and its not what i expected from Sony. Yes, its Jimbo's Ryan fault for going full GaaS on all its studios, but this is not our, the customers problem. If they aren't delivering, their system is a worthless failure, and three and a half years into this generation, if i had to rate the state of the whole playstation brand, it wouldn't be higher than a pathetic 5/10. Its so bad that i am beginning to wonder if their goal is to match the bottom of the barrel that is the current Xbox brand. And the worst part of it all is that i am not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel, shit's dark as f*ck.

The current Playstation is NOT OK.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Maybe you should have purchased Helldivers 2 on the PS5 then. Also there’s a bunch of PS5 bangers that came out in the last year or so. They got great reviews and I know how you love your review scores. Maybe you could start picking up some of those now to play in the meantime. 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hardwenzen

@Archangel3371 said:

Maybe you should have purchased Helldivers 2 on the PS5 then. Also there’s a bunch of PS5 bangers that came out in the last year or so. They got great reviews and I know how you love your review scores. Maybe you could start picking up some of those now to play in the meantime. 🤷‍♂️

You're the last person i'd listen to. Overly positive about everything imaginable. Armageddon might be approaching, and you'd be one trying to convince everyone that its not a bad thing, and it even has its perks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

"As a cow" 😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Archangel3371  Online

@hardwenzen: Deflection. 😅

Never said anything about me liking any of the games, look at the review scores which you seemingly love to talk about so much.

Also should have purchased Helldivers 2 on the PS5.

I’m starting to question your status as an “Ascended Cow”. 🤔

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@Archangel3371 said:

@hardwenzen: Deflection. 😅

Never said anything about me liking any of the games, look at the review scores which you seemingly love to talk about so much.

Also should have purchased Helldivers 2 on the PS5.

I’m starting to question your status as an “Ascended Cow”. 🤔

HD2 is a console exclusive, which isn't good enough to own a playstation for. For low Xbox standards, that's certainly good enough, not like you have anything else, but here, on the blue side, we have actual standards, imagine that.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

Normally I would feel hopeful about the situation, because Japanese companies seem to excel when their backs are against the wall. But as far as I know, Sony is doing well by doing exactly what I don't want. I've never been less hopeful to see what they're going to do next.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371  Online

@hardwenzen: I don’t know, that sounds a bit wishy washy but whatever.

So what about all those other PS5 console exclusives that came out in the past while? They got some great reviews. Why not grab some of those to play? Could probably get some good deals.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@hardwenzen: you are delusional. The Playstation never had quality titles, unless youre talking about hollywood cinematic games, that dessrve to win oscars.

Microsoft has been blowing sony out of the water for a long time, making real games.

Also, Nintendo with 150 million switch sold, and milking the shit out of Mario and pokemon on a system that barely renders 3d graphics at 15 fps is the biggest slap in the face to sony and their fans. The number one game on Playstation is cod too, a Microsoft game. Let that sink in.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@hardwenzen: you are delusional. The Playstation never had quality titles, unless youre talking about hollywood cinematic games, that dessrve to win oscars.

Microsoft has been blowing sony out of the water for a long time, making real games.

Also, Nintendo with 150 million switch sold, and milking the shit out of Mario and pokemon on a system that barely renders 3d graphics at 15 fps is the biggest slap in the face to sony and their fans. The number one game on Playstation is cod too, a Microsoft game. Let that sink in.

Don't think for a single second that i forgot you being an NFTbro. Your opinions on quality is worthless. That is the sad reality we live in.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1273 Posts

I'm sure they'll announce some groundbreaking shit soon... like Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

But the sales, stick to the script goddamnit.

Loading Video...

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2604 Posts

This has been the reality since the announcement of the PS5, but I'm optimistic now that Jim Ryan is gone.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@adsparky said:

This has been the reality since the announcement of the PS5, but I'm optimistic now that Jim Ryan is gone.

The improvements, if any, will only begin being noticeable in 3-5 years from now. By then, this generation will be over, or close to it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Playstation peaked with PS2 and it's been a steady decline since then.

The state of the PS5 is on par with the trajectory of the brand that's been going on for decades now.

Sony needs to start investing in a diverse lineup of games again. Release arcade and gamey-games again. These cinematic games with absurd production costs is not sustainable and we're seeing the consequences of Sony putting the majority of their money in these spectacle experiences rather than the integrity of good game design. Cows gotta cow, but for everyone else the Playstation shtick is getting old.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

*Scratches head* Doesn't Helldivers 2 support cross-play at all?

But anyway, Sony's peak at the top was PS3 and when the PS4 arrived, it slowly decayed despite Sony has massive cults supporting the hell out of PS4 & PS5. Not much to say on Sony's case as I'm so glad I'm on PC. No more dealing with console cults anymore. At least Nintendo knows what the hell they are doing.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Look on the bright side: at least they're not Xbox

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Well said. The PS lineup is great if you like watching your games. I actually prefer to play games... but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

As for Sony, why would they make more games when they have suckers like him that keep buying the console anyway 😂

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01

@jaydan said:

Playstation peaked with PS2 and it's been a steady decline since then.

The state of the PS5 is on par with the trajectory of the brand that's been going on for decades now.

Sony needs to start investing in a diverse lineup of games again. Release arcade and gamey-games again. These cinematic games with absurd production costs is not sustainable and we're seeing the consequences of Sony putting the majority of their money in these spectacle experiences rather than the integrity of good game design. Cows gotta cow, but for everyone else the Playstation shtick is getting old.

Yep.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Cows have only themselves to blame. They have given Sony so many free passes and carried their water for them when they should have provided constructive criticism that no wonder we're where we're at.

Even with modern games that still don't use the array of optimization tools at developers disposal, PS community is content with the outcome as long as Digital Foundry declares the PS version better than the Xbox, rather than say that these devs can do better and should. This is why we can't have nice things.

Even now Sony's considering finally making PS1/PS2 classics playable locally through emulation and like dear god they're 10 years too late. They needed this back when Xbox was bringing BC to XB1 consoles but Sony wanted to milk their streaming service rather than honor PS1/PS2 digital purchase entitlements from the PS3's BC catalog, expand their offerings. And the whole time the fanbase was like "LOL... winning!... rather play new games than old ones derp". This is why we can't have nice things.

Because Sony didn't even consider the idea of BC until final months before PS5's release they didn't have the ability to handle any of the features Xbox offered like Play Anywhere and Smart Delivery features. Sony instead pushed the $70 game and paid next gen upgrades. The fans gave them a free pass, and this is why we can't have nice things.

Worth mentioning is modern gaming still offers lots of worthwhile games to play on all systems. Developers and publishers are increasingly realizing console exclusive arrangements aren't as lucrative as they once were and they're far more successful making games available across multiple devices. Yet this sours cows, now these games aren't worth playing because they might as well not be games any longer because they're not for cows and only cows. This is why we can't have nice things.

They have to hate Xbox so much and attacked Game Pass to such a degree they're allergic to even their own game subscription services. They got high on their own supply. And rather demand PS Plus be more like Game Pass to allow for day one first party releases and day one third party releases, Sony sees no need to be competitive in this arena, fans have spoken. This is why we can't have nice things.

Despite them praising to high heaven their rather well polished yet still remarkably average as games games, most the fanbase are plebes who only wanna play Roblox and COD and GTA V online and Fortnite, the big live service games, and of course the big annual sports games like Madden and NBA 2K. This is why we can't have nice things.

What would make Sony step up their game would be to buy an Xbox. Worked wonders for the 7th gen. But since the days the Sony fanboys ran the NeoGAF forums and ran it as a Sony fanboy circle-jerk safe-space, and the press treaded it as the industry water cooler and echoed every carefully curated forum thread, this is why we can't have nice things. Even now the press is sticking their fat gamer asses on the scales for Sony like good little brainwashed cultists and though they try feigning neutrality and objectivity, they still have senile fits of Sony fanboy Tourette's that flurry up whenever their Sony fanboy insecurities pop up, usually in form of attacking Xbox with some hatchetjob articles that get circulated online. Now nobofy who owns a PS console would ever consider getting an Xbox even if their PS console is a massive disappointment to them. There'll be no voting with their wallets. This is why we can't have nice things.

Dude, blame yourself, blame yourselves, this is a mess of all y'all cows making. Spent too long circle jerking in your safe space the moment you stuck your head out of the bubble for air you finally gained the disillusioned perspective you needed for years. Good for you for getting at least that far.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@lamprey263 said:

Cows have only themselves to blame. They have given Sony so many free passes and carried their water for them when they should have provided constructive criticism that no wonder we're where we're at.

Even with modern games that still don't use the array of optimization tools at developers disposal, PS community is content with the outcome as long as Digital Foundry declares the PS version better than the Xbox, rather than say that these devs can do better and should. This is why we can't have nice things.

Even now Sony's considering finally making PS1/PS2 classics playable locally through emulation and like dear god they're 10 years too late. They needed this back when Xbox was bringing BC to XB1 consoles but Sony wanted to milk their streaming service rather than honor PS1/PS2 digital purchase entitlements from the PS3's BC catalog, expand their offerings. And the whole time the fanbase was like "LOL... winning!... rather play new games than old ones derp". This is why we can't have nice things.

Because Sony didn't even consider the idea of BC until final months before PS5's release they didn't have the ability to handle any of the features Xbox offered like Play Anywhere and Smart Delivery features. Sony instead pushed the $70 game and paid next gen upgrades. The fans gave them a free pass, and this is why we can't have nice things.

Worth mentioning is modern gaming still offers lots of worthwhile games to play on all systems. Developers and publishers are increasingly realizing console exclusive arrangements aren't as lucrative as they once were and they're far more successful making games available across multiple devices. Yet this sours cows, now these games aren't worth playing because they might as well not be games any longer because they're not for cows and only cows. This is why we can't have nice things.

They have to hate Xbox so much and attacked Game Pass to such a degree they're allergic to even their own game subscription services. They got high on their own supply. And rather demand PS Plus be more like Game Pass to allow for day one first party releases and day one third party releases, Sony sees no need to be competitive in this arena, fans have spoken. This is why we can't have nice things.

Despite them praising to high heaven their rather well polished yet still remarkably average as games games, most the fanbase are plebes who only wanna play Roblox and COD and GTA V online and Fortnite, the big live service games, and of course the big annual sports games like Madden and NBA 2K. This is why we can't have nice things.

What would make Sony step up their game would be to buy an Xbox. Worked wonders for the 7th gen. But since the days the Sony fanboys ran the NeoGAF forums and ran it as a Sony fanboy circle-jerk safe-space, and the press treaded it as the industry water cooler and echoed every carefully curated forum thread, this is why we can't have nice things. Even now the press is sticking their fat gamer asses on the scales for Sony like good little brainwashed cultists and though they try feigning neutrality and objectivity, they still have senile fits of Sony fanboy Tourette's that flurry up whenever their Sony fanboy insecurities pop up, usually in form of attacking Xbox with some hatchetjob articles that get circulated online. Now nobofy who owns a PS console would ever consider getting an Xbox even if their PS console is a massive disappointment to them. There'll be no voting with their wallets. This is why we can't have nice things.

Dude, blame yourself, blame yourselves, this is a mess of all y'all cows making. Spent too long circle jerking in your safe space the moment you stuck your head out of the bubble for air you finally gained the disillusioned perspective you needed for years. Good for you for getting at least that far.

So f*cking true.

A huge chunk of the gaming media are to blame.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01: Look at you, infiltrating sony drama threads to add some water on boiling oil. How Aussie of you.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 adsparky  Online
Member since 2006 • 2604 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@adsparky said:

The improvements, if any, will only begin being noticeable in 3-5 years from now. By then, this generation will be over, or close to it.

Not necessarily, yeah, tangible results will take a lot, but we can get announcements as early as next year.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Sorry the truth hurts 😉

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

The OP had a chance to buy helldivers 2 on his PS5 but instead bought it on the PC, he also bought his only other game purchase this year on PC too when it's readily available on his PS5.

The OP is not a cow he's a hermit.

How did you @SolidGame_basic let wenzen steal the cow crown from you? You need to put wenzen in his place since he's joined the hermit race.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

The OP had a chance to buy helldivers 2 on his PS5 but instead bought it on the PC, he also bought his only other game purchase this year on PC too when it's readily available on his PS5.

How did you @SolidGame_basic let wenzen steal the cow crown from you? You need to put wenzen in his place since he's joined the hermit race.

I am a loyal cow, but a disappointed one. One that is tired of this shit.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14011 Posts

PS5 has been the best PS4 I could've hoped for. While I've generally enjoyed my PS5, this generation has been piss-poor.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

I know you're tired of it that's why you have transitioned to PC, you just have to admit it to yourself, the rest of us already know.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

I know you're tired of it that's why you have transitioned to PC, you just have to admit it to yourself, the rest of us already know.

Disagree.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

Soon enough Wenzen will be playing 2D pizza delivery games, that look like they were made for the GBA.

Honestly, Sony had a few good games last year, so I don't see a reason to be particularly upset. Maybe you should do what I do, and wait for enough games to justify a console purchase before investing in it day 1.

@davillain said:

*Scratches head* Doesn't Helldivers 2 support cross-play at all?

But anyway, Sony's peak at the top was PS3 and when the PS4 arrived, it slowly decayed despite Sony has massive cults supporting the hell out of PS4 & PS5. Not much to say on Sony's case as I'm so glad I'm on PC. No more dealing with console cults anymore. At least Nintendo knows what the hell they are doing.

I always liked that about Nintendo.

For all the issues I have with Nintendo's management and business side of things. They are the devil I do know. Next gen they will stick to arcadey games, that emphasize gameplay. Just like they did with the switch, Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, 64, SNES and NES.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Disagree.

Your gaming purchases prove otherwise, you will come around to accept it sooner or later.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

Hate it or not. Xbox have better exclusive lineup

• Clockwork revolution
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Blade by Arkane

all I hope Doom is not exclusive because its too big of franchise to be exclusive.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Last_Lap

@ghosts4ever said:

• Clockwork revolution
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Blade by Arkane

all I hope Doom is not exclusive because its too big of franchise to be exclusive.

Doom is not as big as you think it is. Name one Doom game that has sold over 10 million copies.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

Hardy is definitely my favorite cow.

Not one ounce of Sony Defense Force in that lad....

He's closer to being a member of the Sony Agression Force... Maybe their champion.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 693 Posts

Playstation always has had enough games for me to be happy with it. So I don't care what You Tube grifters have to say on it.

I am concerned, however, how they price and run the PS6 though. For me I have not played or wanted to play a PS+ lower tier "free" game for a while although I hear Tunic is pretty good. So now the only reason I would want to have PS Plus is for the cloud game saving but that should be free IMO.

When the PS6 comes out I will be looking at what the probable Steam Deck 2 brings me or a comparably priced "cheap" PC gets me. Thankfully most games are becoming multi-platform and I do not care about 4k graphics.

So I am happy with the PS for now but I will not be blindly buying the next one.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts
@jcafcwbb said:

Playstation always has had enough games for me to be happy with it. So I don't care what You Tube grifters have to say on it.

I am concerned, however, how they price and run the PS6 though. For me I have not played or wanted to play a PS+ lower tier "free" game for a while although I hear Tunic is pretty good. So now the only reason I would want to have PS Plus is for the cloud game saving but that should be free IMO.

When the PS6 comes out I will be looking at what the probable Steam Deck 2 brings me or a comparably priced "cheap" PC gets me. Thankfully most games are becoming multi-platform and I do not care about 4k graphics.

So I am happy with the PS for now but I will not be blindly buying the next one.

You're thinking of doing what I did at the start of this Gen. I was a ps4 gamer last Gen, but I knew ps5/xbx would be cross Gen for at least a year or so... Maybe not warrent a purchase for a while .. I didn't think they'd get this far into the generation and still struggle to justify the upgrade from last Gen. I went steam deck and reaped the benefits. Massive library, on the go, and gaming is going multiplatform. Steam deck 2, whenever that hits will be a big moment for PC gaming.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

All those AAAAs that came out during the PS4 era really harmed the industry, and Sony. Extremely expensive to make and market and the return insufficient to justify the continuity of that strategy.

Sony killed their identity, to copy paste 3rd person adventures and glorified AssCreed games last gen, in the hopes of obliterating both Xbox and Nintendo, yet they failed doing that and achieving the subsequent expected growth.

Fast forward to the PS5 which completely lost the PS1 to PS3 identity and completely fails on delivering the high budget popcorn blockbusters from PS4's failed strategy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

@last_lap said:
@ghosts4ever said:

• Clockwork revolution
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Blade by Arkane

Doom is not as big as you think it is. Name one Doom game that has sold over 10 million copies.

without Doom you wont be playing any 3D game.

without Quake. there wont be free mouse look.

invent genre. revolutionize gaming.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 270 Posts
Loading Video...

Thread theme

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59329 Posts

It seems everyone in human existence forgot the early 2000-2004 phase of "pc gaming dead", where publishers, formers pc game devs and gaming media would actively try to blank it out.

Yet here we are. Playstation is what Crysis was accused of being. Xbox is a PC for children. Switch soyjaks (whateever)

But pc has it all. It won. If only they had the foresight.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hardwenzen
@ghosts4ever said:

• Clockwork revolution
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Blade by Arkane

Its like you didn't learn anything from Redfall, Infinite, Starfield and Hellblade 2 very soon.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6204 Posts

Cows finally realising Sony's plans to milk them all year with very little to offer.

Gamers need games to look forward to

Microsoft has them and Sony doesn't.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9900 Posts

I think the ps4 gen was really strong, which makes it seem a bit worse than it is. But I agree they have done very little in terms of strong IPs or interesting spins on existing ones. Naughty Dog has not released a game at all. GoW Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West seems like more of the same from their Ps4 predecessors. Yeah it hasn't been great.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

Cows finally realising Sony's plans to milk them all year with very little to offer.

Gamers need games to look forward to

Microsoft has them and Sony doesn't.

That's only because we have much higher standards. If this was Xbox, nobody would notice its piss poor state because that has been your average for well over a decade.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

@hardwenzen: MS puts out a lot of gems from a diverse range of genres. Hardly a piss poor state.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Last_Lap

@ghosts4ever said:
@last_lap said:
@ghosts4ever said:

• Clockwork revolution
  • Indiana Jones
  • Avowed
  • Blade by Arkane

without Doom you wont be playing any 3D game.

without Quake. there wont be free mouse look.

invent genre. revolutionize gaming.

Wolfenstein predates Doom by 19 months

Wolfenstein release date 5th May 1992

Doom release date 10th December 1993

Back then devs used to churn out games in a year.

You would think that you of all people would know this considering Doom is one of your favourite franchises of all time.

If I take your route there would be no Doom without Wolfenstein 3D, and without Wolfenstein 3D well 3D games would have never been invented, but that would be a ridiculous statement because someone would have came up with a 3D game eventually.

But none of your nonsense touched on the fact that Doom is not too big of a franchise, as not a single entry in the series has sold more than 10 million copies and the games are on everything.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3258 Posts

I'm not interested in getting ether the PS5 or the Xbox Series X at all. As a PC owner I don't really need them since Sony and Xbox games comes to PC anyways.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6204 Posts

@hardwenzen: can't get lower than having nothing to look forward to.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

Insert “He’s right you know” GIF here. Cows are their own worst enemy. They stopped buying Sonys AAA games at the same rate as previous games, which left Sony with very little to show for the huge investments AAA games need these days.
Sony doesn’t have a plan B, and here we are…people like Wenzen have stopped playing games on their ps5, and Sony have ended up cancelling games leaving huge gaps in their calendar - and when the next game comes out there’s nothing to differentiate from the last game that failed to generate the types of figures needed to continue down the AAA road.

As a Lem, I’m not happy about this because Xbox needs a competitor to push the envelope. That’s why Xbox has a bigger better library for 2024 and beyond, a better subscription service, free cloud saves and more.