NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

If you want the best performance for multiplatform games, free online, mod supports, support for all sorts of different controllers/kbm, unlocked framerates, etc PC is the best platform.

If you want to play Sony's world class exclusives + the best console versions of most multiplats PS5 is the go to.

If you want to play Nintendo's exclusives and have the option to game on the go (or toilet lol) buy a Switch.

When you own all 3 of these you have access to every game that releases and the ability to play them however you want. At your desk, on the couch, on the go.

XSX is a redundant, also-ran console with zero exclusives, has trouble running multiplats, charges you for the same XBL servers PC gamers get to use for free, still has a controller that takes AA batteries in 2021.

It's no surprise to see the XSX is already a distant last place in sales and collecting dust on store shelves worldwide. Because gamers look at it and see it has nothing to offer unless your house needs an extra chimney

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

If you don't wanna drop the money for a PC, then it's perfectly viable. This coming from someone who just spent close to $4000 on a PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70141 Posts

Xbox is on your mind a lot these days. 😂🤣

Why are people buying Series X? Why are they selling out? Why why why?
Why are people buying Series X? Why are they selling out? Why why why?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NathanDrakeSwag

@lundy86_4 said:

If you don't wanna drop the money for a PC, then it's perfectly viable. This coming from someone who just spent close to $4000 on a PC.

I'd love to know the specs on that thing lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44405 Posts

Sorry but not interested in PC gaming myself for a variety of reasons so it’s Xbox Series X for me instead. 😎

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45367 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Damn, new car and new PC. You're on a roll!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Full ground-up. 5900X/Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ASUS TUF 3080 OC/32GB Ripjaws V 3600/Corsair RM 850x/Corsair 2TB MP600 nvme/NZXT H710/Corsair H115i AIO cooler. It wasn't supposed to be as extravagant, but I had some unexpected income, so I upped the build.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If you want to play Sony's world class exclusives + the best console versions of most multiplats PS5 is the go to.

That's a bold claim. 😂

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lundy86_4

@SolidGame_basic said:

Damn, new car and new PC. You're on a roll!

The PC was a luxury, but the car a necessity. Either buy out my tiny Cruze hatchback, or get something to fit my 6'2" ass.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45367 Posts

@lundy86_4: now you gotta get the new gaming chair 😎

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UnnDunn

@lundy86_4 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Full ground-up. 5900X/Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ASUS TUF 3080 OC/32GB Ripjaws V 3600/Corsair RM 850x/Corsair 2TB MP600 nvme/NZXT H710/Corsair H115i AIO cooler. It wasn't supposed to be as extravagant, but I had some unexpected income, so I upped the build.

Does it have RGB? RGB gives you more frames, you know. 😉

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NathanDrakeSwag

@lundy86_4 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Nice build man.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I think it is worth it just to use as a Gamepass Ultimate Machine for my 70 inch TV. More than good enough reason for me. The funny thing is that I will never even buy any games on it and it will still get way more play than the Ps5 will ever get from me. (I am really only getting a Ps5 for Ratchet and Clank anyway)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39563 Posts

If you own a pc, the X is a pointless piece of plastic. If you don't own a pc, its not pointless. Considering how hard to get and expensive some parts are right now, its most likely the only time the X has a reason to exist.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I'm usually a console gamer first but I'm moving closer to PC gaming, although it'll be on a laptop. Xbox seems to be missing a lot of games for some reason. Hopefully when gamepass for PC has streaming option, it'll stream the Xbox library also. But yeah, I don't want to pay for xbox live in addition to ps plus. And see little reason to get an xbox at this point other than convenience for tv gaming. The advantage of PC gaming vs xbox is pretty huge as far as quantity of games goes: Free online, all MS exclusives(Xbox doesnt get all these for some reason), plus tons of PC exclusives.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UnnDunn

@hardwenzen said:

If you own a pc, the X is a pointless piece of plastic. If you don't own a pc, its not pointless. Considering how hard to get and expensive some parts are right now, its most likely the only time the X has a reason to exist.

I own a PC. I still play my Xbox SX all the time. I also play on my PC regularly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

@UnnDunn said:

Does it have RGB? RGB gives you more frames, you know. 😉

lol. Nah, anything with RGB has it disabled.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen  Online

@UnnDunn said:
@hardwenzen said:

I own a PC. I still play my Xbox SX all the time. I also play on my PC regularly.

Why. Why is the question.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UnnDunn

@lundy86_4: lol same. My PC is in a cubby under my desk, where no-one will ever see the RGB anyways. Plus it glows super bright when I'm trying to sleep (my PC is in my bedroom). So I turned it all off.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I mean, preferring to play on console would be a reason. I don't share that preference, but it exists

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UnnDunn

@hardwenzen: Because my Xbox provides no-hassle gaming on my couch.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@lundy86_4: I have the RTX 3080 and the Series X I use the xbox Series X way more then the pc at the moment. It's just fast and convenient

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

@Addict187 said:

@lundy86_4: I have the RTX 3080 and the serious X I use the serious X way more then the pc at the moment. It's just fast and convenient

Nothing wrong with that. People have PCs at a desk and consoles in the LR typically, or just prefer the console interface. Personally, mine is hooked up in the LR to my TV, so I have no need for the Xbox.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

@Addict187 said:

@lundy86_4: I have the RTX 3080 and the serious X I use the serious X way more then the pc at the moment. It's just fast and convenient

Did you forget to switch to your bluestars account?

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

It's pretty simple. Or it should be, anyway.

If you don't care about Sony exclusives and/or VR, and just love consoles, Xbox Series X is the best way to go for the power factor.

If you really dig Sony exclusives, and/or VR, and love consoles then PS5 is your jam.

If you don't care about Sony exclusives, and want the superior versions of games, superior VR, superior gaming library, superior everything, basically, then PC is what you want.

If you care about Sony exclusives, and want the superior versions of games, superior VR, superior gaming library, superior everything, basically, then PC/PS5 is what you want.

...And if you like Nintendo stuff, just add them into the mix, respectively.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Isn't it funny how the OP hates MS/Xbox so much that he claims to do MS rewards quests, Bing searches and all the rest EVERYDAY to gain enough MS rewards points to buy PC Gamepass EVERY MONTH.

What a liar 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen  Online

@UnnDunn said:

No hassle gaming implying pc is messy. Are we still in 2003? No such thing as hassle, and if you want to play it on your couch, use a controller.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8296 Posts

for the seemingly 1000th time, console gamers exist.. console gamers interested in Xbox Game Studios titles and/or Game Pass will chose the Xbox Series X|S..

Beyond that, Microsoft doesn't care if you play on console, PC, or anywhere else.. all they care about is you're either subscribed to Game Pass or engaged with Xbox Live.. as far as Microsoft is concerned, your PC is an Xbox so it's frankly hilarious that you still think the idea of "just play on PC instead" is somehow a jab at Xbox..

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag

@hardwenzen said:
@UnnDunn said:

No hassle gaming implying pc is messy. Are we still in 2003? No such thing as hassle, and if you want to play it on your couch, use a controller.

For real lol. I'm no PC expert by any means and I've had absolutely no hassles with mine. These lems are trying too hard to justify their also-ran chimney box.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Antwan3K
@joshrmeyer said:

I'm usually a console gamer first but I'm moving closer to PC gaming, although it'll be on a laptop. Xbox seems to be missing a lot of games for some reason. Hopefully when gamepass for PC has streaming option, it'll stream the Xbox library also. But yeah, I don't want to pay for xbox live in addition to ps plus. And see little reason to get an xbox at this point other than convenience for tv gaming. The advantage of PC gaming vs xbox is pretty huge as far as quantity of games goes: Free online, all MS exclusives(Xbox doesnt get all these for some reason), plus tons of PC exclusives.

You can currently stream your Xbox library using the mobile Xbox app so yeah hopefully that functionality comes to PC as well.. i believe you could already do that from the Xbox Companion app on PC but i think they disabled it as they transition to the new Xbox PC app

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Buy Xboxes.

They're boxy but they're good.

We know they're not sexy. This is not a smart time to be sexy anyway, with so many new diseases around.

BE SAFE INSTEAD OF SEXY.

XBOX

Boxy but good.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Antwan3K
@hardwenzen said:
@UnnDunn said:
@hardwenzen said:

I can't speak for him but i also game on both Xbox console and PC.. I prefer console when at home but it's nice to be able to pick up where i left off on my laptop thanks to Xbox Play Anywhere and cloud saves when i'm away from home..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Someone's insecure.

Cows are punching air. What do you do when Xbox becomes a service and the hardware sales war becomes redundant?

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

Everyone has moved to current gen which is just 4 months old. Shall we talk about how last gen was an overkill with the PS4 and XB1 instead?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen  Online

@Antwan3K: laptop is not proper pc gaming.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: what is A bluestars account ?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag

@Antwan3K said:
@hardwenzen said:
@UnnDunn said:
@hardwenzen said:

I can't speak for him but i also game on both Xbox console and PC.. I prefer console when at home but it's nice to be able to pick up where i left off on my laptop thanks to Xbox Play Anywhere and cloud saves when i'm away from home..

I hope that was a company laptop you got. If so Microsoft bent you over for that weak overpriced surface book

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@Addict187 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: what is A bluestars account ?

"serious x"

HaH

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

If I wasn't into PC gaming I'd definitely get a Series X.

Most people I know don't have the knowledge or desire to tinker with a PC so they play on consoles

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: bluestars got caught on the wrong account.

How glorius!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

hasn't the TC already created a topic like this before? If not he mentions it in every thread.. kind of sounding like a broken record. His obsession with XBOX is getting worrisome

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1005 Posts

Admittedly I haven't touched my PS4 much since building my PC last October before the craziness hit. Still, XSX has a place especially in the current market where RTX 2070 is going for $800. I will eventually get a PS5 or wait for the PS5 Pro but there isn't really any exclusive games outside of Demon's Souls that I want to play. 2021 is supposed to be a legit year for exclusives but one by one the inevitable delays are coming. No GOW, Zelda unlikely, Forbidden West, Arkham Knights, Halo is iffy, Gran Turismo etc. Wish publishers would just stop announcing fairy tail launch dates years out. Just wait until you know it can launch with 6 months and then give us the date.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 740 Posts

Xbox is the one system I don't own. Well, don't have hooked up. I do have Game Pass for PC. Honestly, though, I prefer console gaming. Most of the time I game on my Switch or PS5. I just like how it feels. Will probably eventually get an XSX when there's more of a reason to own one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44642 Posts

It's a pretty beastly box for $500 and Game Pass is a tremendous value, and cross compatibility with PC means you don't have to choose one over the other.

Funny enough the real Boogie YT channel (not his Francis character) laughs at Xbox for having no real exclusives (because they are on PC, yet admits to playing on it the most because of the convenience the cross platform support allows. If you are someone who say games in an office like setting but want to take your gameplay to another room like bedroom or living room it is effortless to do this with a PC Xbox combo.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

TC obviously has serious issues and I'm happy he has SW to express himself.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

you sure are obsessed with Xbox. Its all you post about.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nah, I could never be bothered with desktop PC hardware.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

That's right. Who needs Xbox when you can play the games on your computer. PS Now sucks. So if I had a gaming PC, I would consider Xbox gamepass.

Playstation and Nintendo all the way.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

I love PC gaming and it is the best by far in many ways, but both who cares what other people prefer to game on and why try to tell other people what they should get or not, if someone wants to get a Xbox console and not a gaming PC that is their choice, why should anyone care what someone else chooses to game on?