Squadron 42 PC
Squadron 42 PC
Forza 8
Forza 8
Stalker 2
Stalker 2
Spider man 2
Spider man 2

Share other games you think that looks Next-Gen.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

Nothing yet. STALKER 2 might, but I've seen too little of it.

Just FYI, I'm not focusing on graphics. For a game to feel next gen, I'm looking for more things. Fucking Valheim felt next gen to me, only because open world games usually suck ass. When one comes around that doesn't, it feels fresh and new. Like next gen games should.

If STALKER 2 is like STALKER 1, but greatly improved both in gameplay and world, it's gonna feel next gen. There's nothing else like STALKER out there.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10478 Posts

@Litchie: agreed. to feel truly next gen (or technically this gen for the pedants) games need to break new ground mechanically. just as important as visually. mechanic and ai evolution is the real unlock, and orders of magnitude more important than larger game worlds.

demon's souls is the only game to me that's felt more in line with next gen expectation. looks stunning and virtually zero load times. but mechanically still a 10 year old game with a facelift

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

The notion no longer exists, hit a brick wall in just about everything.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

Flight Simulator is the leader right now.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

No such thing as “True“ next gen games, because last gen consoles can do anything this gen can if they fiddle with res and frame rates….brick wall indeed.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1253 Posts

We won't and really don't think we have since the PS3/360 days (if not longer)

*VR maybe as an exception

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firedrakes  Online
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

flight sim 22. current hardware can run it.

only thing it can run is the low rez gimp version.

its a 2 pb game and for the high rez world. need way more then 32 gb of vram

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts

Without question .... Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and, Horizon Forbidden West.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

My personal measuring stick for "true next generation" isn't graphics or anything like that but rather that desire to play something that I can't play on hardware I don't already own. And so far nothing that is out makes me want to buy a new system to play it. Sure there are some fun games out there, many of which I can either play on PC or my PS4 Pro, but I haven't seen a single game that makes me think I need a PS5 or Xbox Series X to enjoy it to the fullest potential.

Been around long enough not to buy into marketing hype and all that shit for unreleased games so I'm not calling anything that we've simply seen during showcases as "true next gen" cause you never know what you might end up with on release compared to reveal trailers and all that.

Feels like the industry as a whole doesn't want to let go of the PS4/Xbox One generation yet cause supplies are so unreliable for PS5/Xbox Series X and install bases are still relatively tiny in terms of customers who will actually buy any one particular game. Uncharted 4 sold to 12.8% PS4 owners (15 million copies to 117.2 million PS4 owners) so even if the PS5 has 20 million install base the actual market for any major release will likely be around 2.5 million or so. No surprise publishers aren't looking to go all in on that sort of return yet when they can easily develop for the prior generation too and increase their potential customer base tenfold.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Bro, gamers are such clowns. How do graphical gimmicks make your game next gen? Wake be up when we get a game close to the level of Breath of the Wild.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8278 Posts

Forza horizon 5 is the most next gen feeling game I've played.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58378 Posts

Hmmm...HL Alyx gets my vote. Only thing that felt new, fresh, innovative, and fully utilized a brand-new kit of hardware.

After that, I'm going to have to go with Star Citizen *waits for laughter to stop*

Yes, I know...it's not out yet. It's still in alpha. It's been developed for a decade and counting. And it probably won't be out for a few more years yet. But honestly, I'm playing it right now, and the game is truly groundbreaking. Legit emergent gameplay driven by the community, it makes it's own space in between the MMO and persistent online genres of games while at the same time belonging to an incredibly niche genre (space sim).

Star Citizen is, oddly enough, one of the reasons I still play games, and I'd happily shell out the 50 or so dollars for a starter ship for an unfinished alpha before I spend a single dime on another Far Cry or another CoD or another pointless installment in a AAA franchise.

Other than two, nothing has really felt "next gen", though tbh I don't really appreciate that term as any sort of metric.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69722 Posts

Absolutely nothing. We just playing old games with a new paint job.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@fantasygamer: You forgot Black Myth Wukong:

Now that's another next-gen title and can't wait to play it on my PC!

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

I do like the haptic feedback you get from the PS5's triggers; like drawing your bow and it creating more tension to pull it in order to simulate you actually drawing the bow. I found that to be a pretty cool feature in Demon Souls Remake. I've also noticed how cool it was when playing Stray and scratching the furniture. So I think they could do really cool things with that, but it's certainly limited. Zero to no loading time is also a bonus, and I think it was even something both companies were boasting about when they revealed their new gen consoles, no? So that has to become the norm, honestly.

I think we may see what this generation looks like when we're done making cross gen games and focus solely on this generation only.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Horizon forbidden west facial animations and graphics look crazy but I think the environment is not quite up to that.

Ratchet and clank rift apart looks stupid stupid good so yeah next gen for sure I am sure spiderman 2 will look stupid good to.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@zeldabotw2: hfw2 I think after Last update it makes the background look great. The waves in this game looks so good. The machines are detailed as ratchet and clank if you look close. But yes ratchet and clank is the best looking game so far this gen.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@Pedro said:

This could go down as the worse gen ever.

@zeldabotw2 said:

Horizon forbidden west facial animations and graphics look crazy but I think the environment is not quite up to that.

But HFW is on PS4 too.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZELDABOTW2

@PSP107 said:
@Pedro said:

This could go down as the worse gen ever.

@zeldabotw2 said:

But HFW is on PS4 too.

I know HFW is on ps4 to but the faces and animations are way better than any thing on ps4 but I think it being a ps4 game to held back how good the environments could be.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZELDABOTW2
@gifford38 said:

@zeldabotw2: hfw2 I think after Last update it makes the background look great. The waves in this game looks so good. The machines are detailed as ratchet and clank if you look close. But yes ratchet and clank is the best looking game so far this gen.

I have not played Forbidden west sense that update but I need to still need to do a new game+ play threw got to like 94% after like 105 hours in the game such a great game but at least before the last update I still saw some pooping. Love ratchet and still am blown away when I go back and play it.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Horizon Forbidden West is the best looking game I've played, after they patched the shnitch out of it. Ended up playing it in the 40Hz VRR mode, it was awesome. Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank were also very nice with the same settings. Forza Horizon 5 is aight on the SX, but the pop in is pretty insane in performance mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Nothing yet and cross gen games don't count.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Litchie

Would be nice to see games having better physics and making it a part of the gameplay. Stuff like that would make games feel "next gen" to me.

Games are so stagnant on the physics front. Why haven't we had a war game with better physics than Bad Company 2 from 2010, for example? Big meh.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KvallyX
@gifford38 said:

Yikes you haven’t played many games then 😳

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7200 Posts

@x_hedon: yes I have played alot of games in 2 years sense I got the ps5. Ratchet and clank assets are very detailed. So is the draw distance and particles. The world is full of moving life around you as well. Its not just graphics its also the small things to. Playing fidelity mode in 40fps makes it even better.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

We wont see true next gen games until AAA devs start pumping out Unreal 5 games in honest.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZELDABOTW2

@x_hedon said:
@gifford38 said:

Yikes you have played many games then 😳

what game would you say has the best graphics than?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5267 Posts

Is there more to gaming generations than just graphics or technical specifications? What about audio, presentation, storyline, etc.?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39151 Posts

The only game that has impressed me visually is Demon's remake. Most other games, even if they look great, they're inconsistent. Demon's looked tight from the beginning until the end.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24959 Posts

STALKER 2 is true next gen title. a future graphic king.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

Hold that thought. This game was supposed to be released almost half a year ago, and before the invasion happened, we haven't seen anything about the game. How is this possible? Was the Spring 2022 release nothing else but bullshit? Cuz it sounds to me that even if nothing happened with Ukraine, the game was still a year n a half plus from releasing. Its like one of those games that give you a release date so MS could brag about it being on GP. When the release date approaches, they "delay" it, and when the second fake release date is close, they delay it yet again. In reality, all those delays are just an illusion because this game was never ready for the first, second, third, or forth release, but it sure as hell helped Microsoft letting people know that an amazing game is around the corner, and is available on GP on day one.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#33  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Hold that thought. This game was supposed to be released almost half a year ago, and before the invasion happened, we haven't seen anything about the game. How is this possible? Was the Spring 2022 release nothing else but bullshit? Cuz it sounds to me that even if nothing happened with Ukraine, the game was still a year n a half plus from releasing. Its like one of those games that give you a release date so MS could brag about it being on GP. When the release date approaches, they "delay" it, and when the second fake release date is close, they delay it yet again. In reality, all those delays are just an illusion because this game was never ready for the first, second, third, or forth release, but it sure as hell helped Microsoft letting people know that an amazing game is around the corner, and is available on GP on day one.

There is no true graphics king these days anyway. So many developers do so many things so well visually. Just enjoy and don't worry about it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

There is no true graphics king these days anyway. So many developers do so many things so well visually. Just enjoy and don't worry about it.

Pretty much what i am most impressed nowdays is how packed the environment is (geometry detail). Sadly, just like the last generation, most games are empty with simple environment. So tired of playing a shooter where every room looks the same. You get inside a room, and you see a table, a tv, possibly a microwave and a few chairs. Its the kind of crap we were seeing during the 7th gen, and it has barely improved in most games.

But when you look at Stalker2 latest pics, its extra packed with shit, and this is by far what impresses me most about this game IF those pics aren't bullshots.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

I blame COVID and the chip shortage. After all it's been nearly three years and there are very few Series X and PS5 only games. Pretty sure previous gens weren't like this one.

I'm still really happy with games being released at the moment though. No disappointments here and I'm an Series X and PC gamer.

I recently bought LG's 42" C2 OLED as my daily driver for console and PC gaming - although I don't use it as a monitor. Oh my god! OLED is absolutely amazing!! Everything looks fantastic on it. Can't go back to displays with crap backlights again. The infinite contrast, inky blacks and great HDR is just gorgeous!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52444 Posts

Flight Simulator is pretty crazy. I thought it was gonna be underwhelming. Flat terrain and such. Can literally see everything.

It's my go-to game to show to friends, along with EDF.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@mesome713: Well Elden Ring surpassed BOTW in every metric, so wakey wakey

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mozelleple112

The best looking at most next-gen game is Ratchet & Clank: RA

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#39  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@Bond007uk: OLED FTW!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Litchie
@Mozelleple112 said:

@mesome713: Well Elden Ring surpassed BOTW in every metric, so wakey wakey

Last time I played Elden Ring, it didn't have great physics that it used in its gameplay.
Last time I checked, BotW had sold around 10 million more than ER. On only one platform.

Or which metrics count?

Also, aren't you the guy who calls MGS4 a masterpiece? Anything you say about videogames should be immediately disregarded.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KvallyX

@zeldabotw2 said:
@x_hedon said:
@gifford38 said:

Yikes you have played many games then 😳

what game would you say has the best graphics than?

Flight Simulator.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

MSFS

Halo Infinite.

Gears 5.

FH5.

:P

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mozelleple112

@Litchie: MGS4 is literally a masterpiece. Ask any videogame outlet lmao.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mozelleple112

@Bond007uk: I've had OLED TVs since 2016. currently have a 77" OLED. Not able to go back to shitty LCD ever. Finally PC mustard race is getting OLED monitors, I might get back into PC gaming.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

I'd rather play the games we have right now over slightly prettier looking graphics.

The Last of Us 2 is still animation king 2 years later, which game beats it out?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Flight Simulator is pretty crazy. I thought it was gonna be underwhelming. Flat terrain and such. Can literally see everything.

It's my go-to game to show to friends, along with EDF.

Good to see you're still alive, mate.

I imagine you looking like this:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freedomfreak

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah. Saw the notifications. Was nice. Just haven't been internetting much. And aside from hygiene and corpse obsession, I do look a bit like Seth, these days. Need to eat more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Just haven't been internetting much.

Good on you :)

The internet is a powerful tool, but many people use it the wrong way.

Tell me you at least read up on some Gamescom news? :)

jeon68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jeon68
Member since 2022 • 2 Posts

I do not know if there are new generation games at all, I do not know how it is on ps4 or ps5 because I am on the computer all the time
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, just tired of current day internet. And I don't really keep up with gaming news anymore. Just check what's coming out and buy if I'm interested.