Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45157 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@ghostofgolden said:

@Pedro and @Antwan3K OMG you guys, congratulations! What's it like living rent-free in peoples' heads? It must be so nice.

Golden got all three of you 😄

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Phil Spencer was the reason ms are still in the console business. They were close to closing so had to adapt and do things differently.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Phil Spencer was the reason ms are still in the console business. They were close to closing so had to adapt and do things differently.

Silly person. Xbox is dead. 😏

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8858 Posts

Xbox is in 3rd? There 2nd in revenue.

If they pull off that "Steam and Epic stores on Xbox", the PS6 will be DOA.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8248 Posts

Uncle Phil is cool. I got no beef

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41538 Posts

The lack of self-awareness in this man...

One thumb drive short of replacing Randy Pitchford.

Loading Video...
Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#57 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2954 Posts

For crying out loud when the NEXT generation consoles are here are we going to have to hear this shit again? Xdoomed! Microdoomed I tell you!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45157 Posts

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Sam3231

@SolidGame_basic: My favorite moment was the announcement of the Play Anywhere program, which has been a pretty nice perk for Xbox/PC owners.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

Tough call on picking one favourite moment but I loved the backwards compatibility initiative, first party games releasing day one on Game Pass, and getting a good number of big name Japanese games to come to the Xbox platform.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sam3231

@Archangel3371 said:

Tough call on picking one favourite moment but I loved the backwards compatibility initiative, first party games releasing day one on Game Pass, and getting a good number of big name Japanese games to come to the Xbox platform.

Backwards compatibility was the straw that broke the camel's back for me in 2015ish, when I was contemplating a PS4. But I decided on Xbox One and was happy I did. I don't own a ton of physical games per se, but Xbox has seen its fair share of classics across generations that I can play digitally.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44094 Posts

The man, the myth, the Legend!! :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8858 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: This is a case of someone looking at MS's business through the lense of Sony's business model.

The fact is, most people agree that in 10 years, we won't have consoles anymore. At least, we won't have consoles like we do today.

This is a typical "game journalist" who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: its a dumb article...because it mentions xbox has had no big AAA exclusive games. Well, COD belongs to MS, so does diablo and all that jazz. You forget halo infinite, starfield, forza horizon, motorsport and so on. These are gigantic games, and cost more to make than all of the trash on sonys consoles. Not to mention the elephant in the room, the 800lb gorilla which is gamepass.

The problem has absolutely nothing to do with games, in fact its the exact opposite. There are so many games, xbox is flooded. The problem is the audience, and its just like Phil says...the people are not really on the xbox platform, they are more interested in the playstation platform and the switch platform. The people are elsewhere, because those consoles drove more interest and engagement, and have locked them down to a large extent. We could have the best game ever created on xbox and it wouldn't drive as much interest because frankly the people just aren't there. And no, games don't sell consoles these days. Console hardware and marketing sells consoles.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4371 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@SolidGame_basic: its a dumb article...because it mentions xbox has had no big AAA exclusive games. Well, COD belongs to MS, so does diablo and all that jazz. You forget halo infinite, starfield, forza horizon, motorsport and so on. These are gigantic games, and cost more to make than all of the trash on sonys consoles. Not to mention the elephant in the room, the 800lb gorilla which is gamepass.

The problem has absolutely nothing to do with games, in fact its the exact opposite. There are so many games, xbox is flooded. The problem is the audience, and its just like Phil says...the people are not really on the xbox platform, they are more interested in the playstation platform and the switch platform. The people are elsewhere, because those consoles drove more interest and engagement, and have locked them down to a large extent. We could have the best game ever created on xbox and it wouldn't drive as much interest because frankly the people just aren't there. And no, games don't sell consoles these days. Console hardware and marketing sells consoles.

aka extreme eco chamber problem now.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Spencer goes beyond that by talking about gen z and the lack of growth in the console market in general.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Cows.. the #1 source for all things Xbox..

PS5 #1 SOURCE FOR XBOX GAME SALES LMAO.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7176 Posts
@super600 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Has Xbox had a single serious GOTY-contender during his reign? Can’t think of one.

Forza horizon 5 was the closest. Hi-fi rush and psychonauts 2 also go high praise.

And yet I can play both of those games on ps5.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

maybe. I've played my Xbox X far more than my switch or PS5 this gen.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3729 Posts

Accept it or not, but the Xbox is already dead. It’s doing its final Dreamcast lap right now. I liked the S, but it wasn’t good enough.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9817 Posts

@tjandmia: This coming a day after Sarah Bond announced game preservation expansion plans, and how work on the next gen console was well underway is somewhat bizarre.

There’s more chance of Sony deciding they can’t make enough money from exclusives and calling it a day….anybody from Sony talking about next gen yet?

Whoops.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3729 Posts

@sealionact: I can see you’re one of those who will have a hard time accepting it. Perfectly understandable. You’ll move on, eventually, just like everyone else. I’m sorry. It just didn’t work out for Microsoft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#73 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@sealionact: I can see you’re one of those who will have a hard time accepting it. Perfectly understandable. You’ll move on, eventually, just like everyone else. I’m sorry. It just didn’t work out for Microsoft.

It reads more like you are having a hard time accepting the truth.😏

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9817 Posts

@tjandmia: Of course I would. I moved on from 3do, ps1, PC, PS4, X360 and X1X. I’ll move on from XSX to whatever Xbox have planned next if it’s a good step up.

However, if whoever takes over from PS now than Lyin’ Ryan is gone goes to the media and talks about the many future plans as well as describing their next gen system as “the biggest technological leap ever”, I wouldn’t embarrass myself by proclaiming “Duh….PS is dead.”

That’s the difference.

FastNslowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FastNslowww
Member since 2024 • 19 Posts

Def should have been someone else....it's never too late.....

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

I disagree sincerely. I love my series x. Phil Spencer is not perfect but he was dealt a bad hand and saved the Xbox brand from collapse.