Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6989 Posts

@judaspete said:
@silentchief said:
@judaspete said:

A lot of folks on Youtube are quite upset that you can put a penis on a chick in BG3, but I'm glad to hear you are okay player choice in games.

Still need to poke fun at your, "Why do game companies keep trying to make power fantasies for the youth?" comment. Time marches on man. We're not the target demographic anymore. Accept it, and you'll have less reasons to be angry.

And seriously, I could have told you Volition's days were numbered since Agents of Mayhem came out.

When did I make the comment? The point is companies don't know their demographic anymore. Far left progressive hipsters are an extremely unreliable demographic and pandering to them typically leads to failure.

This is the game that sank them plain and simple.

It was the "Making your entire cast Gen Z hipsters" line I was referring to.

Yea but who the **** wants that? Not even gen Z wanted it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56289 Posts

Only played Red Faction 2 on PS2 years ago. Very fun game at the time and played few Saints Row games too. Sadly, Volition Games were never my fav company so oh well for them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#53 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@kathaariancode said:

Oh my lord, now the incels. 🤦‍♂️

Oh boy, you want to facepalm, head on over to the Steam discussion page for Starfield. Half the topics are about "woke" culture. It has to be bots at this point.

I always get a laugh out of " soy boy" virgins calling everyone incels 🤣.

The irony calling married men with children incels while your trying to virtue signal while living in your mother's basement is peak irony.

Damn dude, not having Political Gamers around is really messing with your mental health. Get a grip.

Also WTF is a "soy boy"?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

dev spent money on a new game engine so bad. its a write off the parent company.

then wasted time,money, etc to dev a game on a bad engine.

this was mang of violation that killed the company. i seen this to often

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@silentchief said:

Pedro you have never gotten anyone on this forum in your entire existence 🤣.

You may be the only poster who can post endlessly without making a point.

I'll ask you again explain to me how I was wrong?

I predicted this scenario from start to finish while you sat there with your head In the sand🤣

Don't deflect. Point to the section where I was spinning. I am still waiting.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Again with the " soy boy " Virgin calling everyone who hurts his feelings incels. I make 6 figures a year and saw more vaginas In my 20's than you ever will.

They flopped because woke hipsters like you aren't a reliable audience. Layoffs at Gearbox( another trash studio) and the closure of a studio aren't the same thing. They failed appealing to losers such as yourself.

Now go back to mixing drinks at Starbucks.

@silentchief said:

The irony calling married men with children incels while your trying to virtue signal while living in your mother's basement is peak irony.

Who triggered the snowflake?😂 My condolences to your kids.😎

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Again with the " soy boy " Virgin calling everyone who hurts his feelings incels. I make 6 figures a year and saw more vaginas In my 20's than you ever will.

They flopped because woke hipsters like you aren't a reliable audience. Layoffs at Gearbox( another trash studio) and the closure of a studio aren't the same thing. They failed appealing to losers such as yourself.

Now go back to mixing drinks at Starbucks.

@silentchief said:

Who triggered the snowflake?😂 My condolences to your kids.😎

I'd say the same to you but nobody would breed with you 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

@silentchief said:

My condolences to your kids.🤭

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

Very sad... Always been a fan of Red Faction and Saints Row (up to the last one).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@silentchief: I would have given it a chance if the game wasn't a busted mess, but I have to admit the cast didn't excite me.

Then again, I never quite got what everyone saw in Johny Gat either. Was he actually popular, or were the old games just trying to convince us he was?

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Red Faction was my favourite couch multiplayer as a kid. My mind was blown with the destruction pysics blowing holes in walls.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

After DICE and Bioware releases their upcoming abominations, they should close down as well. No talent left, its just interns and minority hiring.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Silentchief

@judaspete said:

@silentchief: I would have given it a chance if the game wasn't a busted mess, but I have to admit the cast didn't excite me.

Then again, I never quite got what everyone saw in Johny Gat either. Was he actually popular, or were the old games just trying to convince us he was?

I actually hated the original cast as well. I just thought it was cheesy.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Pedro you have never gotten anyone on this forum in your entire existence 🤣.

You may be the only poster who can post endlessly without making a point.

I'll ask you again explain to me how I was wrong?

I predicted this scenario from start to finish while you sat there with your head In the sand🤣

Don't deflect. Point to the section where I was spinning. I am still waiting.😂

The part where you said I was wrong. For the third time would you like to tell me how? Other than the fact i called this like Nostradamus?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

My condolences to your kids.🤭

My condolences to your cats 🤣.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Do all the weirdos on the far right just all read from the same script? It's odd. It's literally always the same insults and arguments. Very weird.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

@whatafailure said:
@silentchief said:

Went woke and than went broke. Called it, and they deserve it. Fuk em.

@hardwenzen said:

Ask em how going woke did it for them. And they're giving away their shitty woke trash on psn this month😅

Maybe if you two Trumpshill idiots bothered to seek context, or learned to read, you'd go further in life. Gearbox also has layoffs from head company Embracer:

Gearbox is a subsidiary of Embracer, which said at the start of the summer it would cut jobs after spending so much money to acquire various studios and properties. The layoffs (and by extension, the projects cancelled at affected studios) have been made in response to a reported $2 billion deal with Savvy Games that collapsed back in May.

At the start of August, Embracer shut down Danish studio Campfire Cabal, and earlier today announced the closure of Volition.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/report-embracer-has-made-layoffs-at-gearbox-publishing

Get out of your Incel fairytale lands.

If not liking woke Saints Row makes me MAGA then I'm Ultra Maga

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

@osan0 said:

I'll always remember them for Freespace. 2 amazing games and there really should be a 3rd.

...Though the Volition closing today is a very different company from back then.

Anywho sad to see a dev shut :(.

Freespace - amazing game back in the day.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By UItravioIence

@sargentd: lol I'm pretty sure it's your weird Photoshop pictures of Trump that makes you an "Ultra Maga" whatever the F that is.😂

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3233 Posts

As sad as it is, their last games have been terrible including that god awful Saints Row reboot that they did last year so I'm not surprised that they had to close down. The best games that they ever made is Red Faction 1 and Saints Row 2. Both games were incredible and it's sad that the sequels for them were never as good as them.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

@silentchief: Weird flex to say you're married with children. Where I come from that's ilegal. And I'm no soy boy, I exclusively drink hazelnut milk. So please Mr pedo next time call me hazelboy.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

Wow, I think we can all agree, someone, who I am not going to name needs to visit a psychiatrist. Said person clearly issues that need to be worked out. Trying to spin everything into some smoothbrain culture wars narrative, probably means you have issues that need to be worked out.

Sometimes games just fail because they are weak games. Saints Row Reboot had MANY problems, the cast and writing was the least of its concerns.

@Pedro said:
@judaspete said:

@hardwenzen: @silentchief: Balder's Gate 3 says "hi".

They will pretend it doesn't exist.🤭

The "Go woke, go broke" narrative relies on intensive cherrypicking and misinterpretting why things happen to support their narrative.

The funniest thing was with the Mario movie where they couldn't determine if it was woke or not. First they whined about it being woke, then when it sold gangbusters they also tried using that as a gotcha for a non-woke movie doing really well.

Just look at games in general,

Animal Crossing New Leaf, Baldur's Gate 3, Street Fighter 6, Virtually every big RPG, Spiderman, God of War, WoW, FF14 and many more can be considered woke. Hell, just Nintendo in general this gen, this is one of in not their most successful gens, and they also happen to be far more progressive compared to their usual selves.

And if that wasn't good enough, just look at the top 10 grossing movies of all time, hell Barbie, which came out very recently is currently at 17 and rising,

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

Yes, the new Saints Row cast was that awful.

The only character that stuck with me was Nina, she wasn't 2 dimensional like the rest of the cast. I also had a blast making my own boss and with the customization aspect. He was a lewd character that drove extravagant vehicles.

Still, I can't escape the feeling Volition shot themselves in the foot. They embraced the bad press, they embraced all the negativity by the fans in the same way that Battlefield devs did.

When has excluding your fanbase (the people that buy your product) ever went well?

It would be like Coca Cola replacing their original product with a soda that tastes like sewer water, doubling down with it, and telling people "haters gonna hate". Coca Cola would go bankrupt.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:

Wow, I think we can all agree, someone, who I am not going to name needs to visit a psychiatrist. Said person clearly issues that need to be worked out. Trying to spin everything into some smoothbrain culture wars narrative, probably means you have issues that need to be worked out.

Sometimes games just fail because they are weak games. Saints Row Reboot had MANY problems, the cast and writing was the least of its concerns.

@Pedro said:
@judaspete said:

The "Go woke, go broke" narrative relies on intensive cherrypicking and misinterpretting why things happen to support their narrative.

The funniest thing was with the Mario movie where they couldn't determine if it was woke or not. First they whined about it being woke, then when it sold gangbusters they also tried using that as a gotcha for a non-woke movie doing really well.

Just look at games in general,

Animal Crossing New Leaf, Baldur's Gate 3, Street Fighter 6, Virtually every big RPG, Spiderman, God of War, WoW, FF14 and many more can be considered woke. Hell, just Nintendo in general this gen, this is one of in not their most successful gens, and they also happen to be far more progressive compared to their usual selves.

And if that wasn't good enough, just look at the top 10 grossing movies of all time, hell Barbie, which came out very recently is currently at 17 and rising,

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW

Jesus christ you really are reaching... Mario is woke? Says who? It was literally the poster child for leave identity politics at the door and just make a movie. SF6 is woke? Lol well it's not selling that great actually but I don't think it would be considered woke. Tell me how is Disney doing? Their stock just hit a 9 year low and their laying off thousands of employees. How did Budlight and Target do when they lost billions? I mean there's no cherry picking required honestly. You just called GoW and Spider-Man woke for **** sake. Maybe Barbie is Ultra progressive ( don't know never saw it) but that makes sense as it was made for an all female audience.

The bottom line is you can't make all things for everyone. You need to cater to your demographic and go with it. The Saints row dev failed to do that and paid the price as a result. The trailer got ratioed to hell as soon as it launched. Regardless I called this last year and I was right. So you can continue to deny the obvious all you want.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Silentchief
@kathaariancode said:

@silentchief: Weird flex to say you're married with children. Where I come from that's ilegal. And I'm no soy boy, I exclusively drink hazelnut milk. So please Mr pedo next time call me hazelboy.

Married with not married to you creep ass groomer.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@judaspete said:

Wtf does BG3 have to with this ? 🤣

BG3 gives you freedom of choice to play the game how you will. I have no issue with that.

If you want to imply woke is profitable you are factually incorrect. Making your entire cast Gen Z hipsters and than telling your fan base to fuk off was a bad move and they got what they deserved. I called this as soon as the trailer for the game released and I was right.

Go to Steam forums of BG3. First 2 or 3 pages are full of "woke this" "woke that." Yes, you have choices, but there's so much "woke" in that game that you can't avoid:

Women leaders: most leaders are women, and the few men leaders outside of Halsin, are evil.

Women frontliners: your companion frontliners are Laezel, Karlach and Shadowheart. All women.

Gay npcs: there are so many gay npcs and at least once you're even forced to watch them kiss. Oh the horror.

Astarion, Gale and Halsin dropping innuendos even if you tell them no multiple times.

There're probably plenty more. I got tired reading all that drivel.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

Jesus christ you really are reaching... Mario is woke? Says who? It was literally the poster child for leave identity politics at the door and just make a movie. SF6 is woke? Lol well it's not selling that great actually but I don't think it would be considered woke. Tell me how is Disney doing? Their stock just hit a 9 year low and their laying off thousands of employees. How did Budlight and Target do when they lost billions? I mean there's no cherry picking required honestly. You just called GoW and Spider-Man woke for **** sake. Maybe Barbie is Ultra progressive ( don't know never saw it) but that makes sense as it was made for an all female audience.

The bottom line is you can't make all things for everyone. You need to cater to your demographic and go with it. The Saints row dev failed to do that and paid the price as a result. The trailer got ratioed to hell as soon as it launched. Regardless I called this last year and I was right. So you can continue to deny the obvious all you want.

Were you not paying attention?

1. Reactionaries on the internet were whining nonstop about Peach being a girl boss. Or were you sleeping at that part?
  2. Street Fighter 6 is doing phenomenal for a fighting game.
  3. GoW: Ragnarök has similar "woke" themes. With "strong women", "forced diversity", and all the other buzzwords you like to use to support your "muh woke" narrative. And lol at implying Spiderman is anything but Woke.

Either way, you are clearly delusional, and as per usual, arguing with you is a waste of time, because I see no point arguing with someone who has the reading comprehension and critical thinking skills of a 6th grader, while being too stubborn to realize just how badly they are losing every single argument.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34703 Posts

Never played their games, really. Played a bit of Red Faction: Guerilla at one point. It became boring really fast.

Looking at their latest output.. yeah. Nothing of value seems lost.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Silentchief

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

Were you not paying attention?

1. Reactionaries on the internet were whining nonstop about Peach being a girl boss. Or were you sleeping at that part?
  2. Street Fighter 6 is doing phenomenal for a fighting game.
  3. GoW: Ragnarök has similar "woke" themes. With "strong women", "forced diversity", and all the other buzzwords you like to use to support your "muh woke" narrative. And lol at implying Spiderman is anything but Woke.

Either way, you are clearly delusional, and as per usual, arguing with you is a waste of time, because I see no point arguing with someone who has the reading comprehension and critical thinking skills of a 6th grader, while being too stubborn to realize just how badly they are losing every single argument.

Calling me delusional when you fail to address a single point I made is par for the course for you. But it's what i expect when arguing with someone who has an IQ in the 70 to 80 range.

Girl boss Peach gets wrecked by Bowser and saved by Mario. All the people you are referring to loved the movie.

2. No it isn't actually. This isn't any fighting game it's Street fighter. Despite its critical success it isn't setting the world on fire.

3. God of War has a black girl that's a side character and a strong female character ( Freya) who gets wrecked by Kratos. The rest of the game is a white man and his son wrecking everything in their path. I realize you have the critical thinking skills of a toddler but your synopsis was it sold well because they added a black girl? 🤣🤣🤣 It sold well despite of that not because of it.

Here's the facts. I said the new Saints Row was woke trash last year and the studio would shut down. I was right, and you can cope all you want I don't really give a shit. As these companies continue to lose billions just keep your head in the sand and ignore the fact" I told you so".

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 951 Posts

Only played Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 3 from them. Both average games gameplay wise but SR3 was at the very least funny and crazy with some creativity on open world mission design. How could they have get it so wrong with the new Saints Row and completely throw away what made SR game fun is beyond me

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maroxad

@silentchief: There is more to a piece of media than just the destination. Peach vastly outclassed Mario for most of the movie, same with Freya and Kratos.

Compare early sales of SF6 to those of 4 or 5, and you will see what I am talking about. SF6 vastly outclassed those 2.

And nowhere did I say that media sells well because they are woke, no idea why you implied otherwise. But the notion that media sells poorly because of it. Has no factual basis. That said, if you look at top selling media, both highest grossing movies, as well as video games, you will find a LOT of woke stuff there. Hence, the whole "Go Woke, Go Broke" Narrative is idiotic and anyone who believes in it is an imbecile.

Thjat said, your arguments here are playing well into my hand. Woke just means whatever the hell you want it to. Every single media I mentioned, has been accused as being woke by reactionaries. Hence why the term and by extension, "Go Woke, Go Broke" narrative is completley useless, it is so arbitairily and vaguely defined, you can use anything as evidence and dismiss any counter-evidence.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By VatususReturns
@uitravioience said:

Do all the weirdos on the far right just all read from the same script? It's odd. It's literally always the same insults and arguments. Very weird.

I dont consider myself either "left" or "right" by any means but lets not pretend the left isnt as bad with all the "incel" arguments...

both sides are cringe asf. Thank god I'm a "centrist"

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By VatususReturns

@Maroxad: I dont agree. Recent media clearly pushing for woke agenda have been flopping. The new Indiana Jones, recent star wars and marvel stuff, live action disney movies remakes, etc, etc. Sure Barbie is a hit but there have been several case reports of parents bringing their kids to the theater expecting a very different movie then what they got

Your two examples I dont think are good examples. Even if Peach "outclassed" Mario (w/e this means) people went to the theatre to see Mario, not Peach. Hell, its in the name, Mario is the star not Peach, and even Nintendo made sure of that going by some early reports. When it comes to Freya and Kratos, I really dont see how Freya "outclassed" Kratos by any way conceivable but even if you are right on this aspect, again, people bought the game for Kratos, not Freya

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UItravioIence

@vatususreturns: impossible to be a centrist. Pick a side.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts

I was randomly thinking about Red Faction's awesome destructibility the other day. Are there any other games that compare?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Maroxad
@vatususreturns said:

@Maroxad: I dont agree. Recent media clearly pushing for woke agenda have been flopping. The new Indiana Jones, recent star wars and marvel stuff, live action disney movies remakes, etc, etc. Sure Barbie is a hit but there have been several case reports of parents bringing their kids to the theater expecting a very different movie then what they got

Your two examples I dont think are good examples. Even if Peach "outclassed" Mario (w/e this means) people went to the theatre to see Mario, not Peach. Hell, its in the name, Mario is the star not Peach, and even Nintendo made sure of that going by some early reports. When it comes to Freya and Kratos, I really dont see how Freya "outclassed" Kratos by any way conceivable but even if you are right on this aspect, again, people bought the game for Kratos, not Freya

That is not how it works.

And I think both of you are completely missing the point. The point is that reactionaries tend to assign woke on very arbitary terms. And flip flop whenever the narrative falters. It is an unfalsifiable narrative. Because you keep moving the goalposts. And quite frankly, most people, including myself see through your lies.

And it really doesnt hold up regardless...

Whether it is an openly feminist movie (Barbie), a movie very open with its environmental and animal rights themes (Avatar 2), a movie heavily critical of retributive justice (No Way Home), a girl boss movie (Mario) or a movie with strong LGBT themes (Frozen 2). Movies with strong progressive themes have a solid history of recent blockbusters. Why people consume media is irrelevant. What matters is the content.

Same applies to video games. Saying "Go Woke, Go Broke" after BG3 recently released is just incredibly dumb. BG3 is arguably the most progressive game I have seen in terms of sexuality, aside from MAYBE the Sims 4.

There is no real correlation between "wokeness" and commercial success. That goes for one way or the other. Good media tends to sell well, regardless of whether it is woke or not. Most people simply don't care about the culture wars, which is why a game like BG3 can sell like hotcakes while SR5 can flop really hard. In the end, people just want a good product, regardless of how "woke" it is.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By VatususReturns
@Maroxad said:

In the end, people just want a good product, regardless of how "woke" it is.

On that sentence I can agree

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10507 Posts

was never a member of team saints row > gta. dont wish closure or redundancies on any studio but, game-wise, i wont be shedding any tears

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:

@silentchief: There is more to a piece of media than just the destination. Peach vastly outclassed Mario for most of the movie, same with Freya and Kratos.

Compare early sales of SF6 to those of 4 or 5, and you will see what I am talking about. SF6 vastly outclassed those 2.

And nowhere did I say that media sells well because they are woke, no idea why you implied otherwise. But the notion that media sells poorly because of it. Has no factual basis. That said, if you look at top selling media, both highest grossing movies, as well as video games, you will find a LOT of woke stuff there. Hence, the whole "Go Woke, Go Broke" Narrative is idiotic and anyone who believes in it is an imbecile.

Thjat said, your arguments here are playing well into my hand. Woke just means whatever the hell you want it to. Every single media I mentioned, has been accused as being woke by reactionaries. Hence why the term and by extension, "Go Woke, Go Broke" narrative is completley useless, it is so arbitairily and vaguely defined, you can use anything as evidence and dismiss any counter-evidence.

Yea it's called a heroes journey. Mario was a plumber from New York. He had to learn and grow and by the end of the movie he was the hero. Not sure what your talking about with Freya. If you played the game it's obvious Kratos is on a different level and honestly the only reason he doesn't kill her is because he feels terrible about killing her son. She isn't even the most powerful God nowhere close actually. An example of woke would be the new Star Wars trilogy where the female lead is effortlessly better than everyone else without explanation. She went to get training from Luke Skywalker and bested him during the first lesson. How did that work out?? The last movie in the new trilogy made half of what the first one did. ( in otherwords they lost half their audience) and Starwars has been on a downward spiral ever sense.

Except that's factually not true. The sales are on par with Street fighter 4( 2 million in the first month) They are ahead of 5 but 5 got bashed for lack of content and was available on one less platform.

It's not a poor notion at all It's a fact that I can point to repeatedly. There's basically a threshold creators can get away with and once they make it to obvious the product almost always suffers. In some cases full blown " woke media" can be successful. But that's generally going to be content that caters to a female audience.

This is part of the problem. You have no idea what it even means. When people refer to " woke media" it is the inclusion of progressive ideologies at the expense of story to the point where it alienates its core audience. That doesn't mean successful media won't have some elements of " woke" culture. But was it done in a way that alienated it's core fan base that caused it to lose a large portion or it's audience?

I can typically predict that threshold on most media. You keep using BG3 as an example. But that shows you are missing the point . BG3 is about player choice. Now if a game forced you to play a certain way than you would have an argument. But BG3 allows you to completely customize that experience to your liking. It gives you an option which is not what most people have a problem with. Same case with Cyberpunk2077. Now if the Witcher remake that comes out in the future features a bisexual Geralt that is what I would consider" woke" as that is going against the character for the sole purpose of " exposing its audience to woke culture ".

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Never played any of their games and now they are gone. So sad. Anyway…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

This is why this dev is shutting down. If you haven't seen this vid, you should, it will open your eyes, and you will notice it in SOOOOOOOOOO many games these days.

Loading Video...
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

Yea it's called a heroes journey. Mario was a plumber from New York. He had to learn and grow and by the end of the movie he was the hero. Not sure what your talking about with Freya. If you played the game it's obvious Kratos is on a different level and honestly the only reason he doesn't kill her is because he feels terrible about killing her son. She isn't even the most powerful God nowhere close actually. An example of woke would be the new Star Wars trilogy where the female lead is effortlessly better than everyone else without explanation. She went to get training from Luke Skywalker and bested him during the first lesson. How did that work out?? The last movie in the new trilogy made half of what the first one did. ( in otherwords they lost half their audience) and Starwars has been on a downward spiral ever sense.

Except that's factually not true. The sales are on par with Street fighter 4( 2 million in the first month) They are ahead of 5 but 5 got bashed for lack of content and was available on one less platform.

It's not a poor notion at all It's a fact that I can point to repeatedly. There's basically a threshold creators can get away with and once they make it to obvious the product almost always suffers. In some cases full blown " woke media" can be successful. But that's generally going to be content that caters to a female audience.

This is part of the problem. You have no idea what it even means. When people refer to " woke media" it is the inclusion of progressive ideologies at the expense of story to the point where it alienates its core audience. That doesn't mean successful media won't have some elements of " woke" culture. But was it done in a way that alienated it's core fan base that caused it to lose a large portion or it's audience?

I can typically predict that threshold on most media. You keep using BG3 as an example. But that shows you are missing the point . BG3 is about player choice. Now if a game forced you to play a certain way than you would have an argument. But BG3 allows you to completely customize that experience to your liking. It gives you an option which is not what most people have a problem with. Same case with Cyberpunk2077. Now if the Witcher remake that comes out in the future features a bisexual Geralt that is what I would consider" woke" as that is going against the character for the sole purpose of " exposing its audience to woke culture ".

That does not refute my argument at all. Peach outclasses Mario for 90% of the movie. And this was enough that several culture warriors, started whining about the movie being woke trash... until it's box office records came out and they suddenly shut up (because this refutes their narrative).

Shipped, not sold for SF4. SF6 is arguably the most popular modern SF. Falling behind games like MK11 and Smash, but still selling well for a street fighter game. Based on current trends it is projected to sell 10 million copies. SF4 sold nearly 10 million copies across MULTIPLE versions of the same game.

It is a poor metric, and using that metric. Animal Crossing, Baldur's Gate 3 and Dragonflight would all have flopped. It is clear you clearly haven't played BG3 at all based on that comment. Are you even aware of how many reactionaries are complaining about the game being woke? Pretty much the entire cast will make romantic moves on your avatar regardless of who your character is, and the game was marketed with a romance scene between 2 men.

However, I will say the last paragraph impresses me. I know you have in the past, complained about having the choice (option), to set your characters gender identity in a certain game. So now, being able to make choices is fine? Progress!

The fact is, good woke media sells. Good non-woke media sells. Your narrative doesn't hold up to reality. Cherry-picking and mental gymnastics isnt going to convince anyone.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

That does not refute my argument at all. Peach outclasses Mario for 90% of the movie. And this was enough that several culture warriors, started whining about the movie being woke trash... until it's box office records came out and they suddenly shut up (because this refutes their narrative).

Shipped, not sold for SF4. SF6 is arguably the most popular modern SF. Falling behind games like MK11 and Smash, but still selling well for a street fighter game. Based on current trends it is projected to sell 10 million copies. SF4 sold nearly 10 million copies across MULTIPLE versions of the same game.

It is a poor metric, and using that metric. Animal Crossing, Baldur's Gate 3 and Dragonflight would all have flopped. It is clear you clearly haven't played BG3 at all based on that comment. Are you even aware of how many reactionaries are complaining about the game being woke? Pretty much the entire cast will make romantic moves on your avatar regardless of who your character is, and the game was marketed with a romance scene between 2 men.

However, I will say the last paragraph impresses me. I know you have in the past, complained about having the choice (option), to set your characters gender identity in a certain game. So now, being able to make choices is fine? Progress!

The fact is, good woke media sells. Good non-woke media sells. Your narrative doesn't hold up to reality. Cherry-picking and mental gymnastics isnt going to convince anyone.

Who are you talking about? My guess is the " Geeks and gamers crew"? Since they are at the forefront of the culture war. If you are talking about the head guy he had issues with the trailer. But as soon as he saw the movie he loved it. There was no flip flopping there. He pointed out that when you leave identity politics at the door animated movies can do well. This is proven by the fact Mario curb stomped anything from Disney over the past three years. So I'm sorry your reaching here. Nobody has ever claimed Mario was woke.

It's sold about on on par with SF4 a game that is 14 years old. That's not great considering how much larger the game industry has gotten. Again the game has woke elements but not enough to alienate their audience. Classic female characters look Sexier than ever( something the wokesters hate) . Most the classic characters returned and it it's got great visuals and lots of content. Allowing people to customize their Avatar in the online mode isn't going to alienate your audience. Take it from someone who grew up on Street fighter, enjoys SF6 and hates " woke" or agenda driven media.

I don't know what Dragon flight Is but the rest of your games you are mentioning all revolve around " player choice" which " most reactionaries " as you call us have no issue with. I haven't played BG3( waiting on PS5 version) but from my understanding you can play it however you want. If I want to screw every female member of the cast and simply ignore all gay relationships I can( and will). Because that's what the game is about and not what I'm referring to. I don't give a shit how you want to play your game just don't force it on me during my play through. It's simple really.

No I just thought it was laughable that they had to remove male and female gender options to appeal to an extreme minority. Regardless I don't really have to cherry pick anything. Alienating your fan base for the sole purpose of pushing an agenda will almost always lead to failure or decreased sales and we have an endless amount of receipts to back that up. Disney is a shining example as their stock reaches 10 year lows and they lay off thousands of employees. You can deny reality but it doesn't change it.

As I said before, I saw this coming and I was right.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Disappointing, I like Red Faction.

Cows celebrating a developer going under... I suppose that's par the course. *sigh

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

@vatususreturns said:

Only played Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 3 from them. Both average games gameplay wise but SR3 was at the very least funny and crazy with some creativity on open world mission design. How could they have get it so wrong with the new Saints Row and completely throw away what made SR game fun is beyond me

They made Saints Row woke.

They wanted to make make a Saints Row game that was "progressive" "wouldn't offend anyone".

If Rockstar were to do the same thing with GTA6 it'll die too, but rockstar isn't that stupid.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@Maroxad: @silentchief: I feel like this conversation has reached a point where it warrants it's own thread. Maybe one of you should create that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pedro

@Maroxad: Never speak intelligently to an idiot.😎

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points