Wanna play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl in 2019?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I've been playing this again now I have a PC again.....only now I have GPU to spare I have it's hidden Global Illumination option turned on.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

I think kids these days arent into Stalker vecause its dated. Kids today stalk via google, and other similar means. Kids dont relate to the game.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Who cares about the newshits anyway ? Let them move from one over hyped and unmemorable 'flavor of the month' type game to the next, trying to keep up with all the other little kiddies at school.

I pretty much set it all up but barely played since I've been busy. Only thing I can't figure out now is how to remove those red direction of fire indicator arcs that pop up when someone is shooting at you.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#54 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Played it many years ago and it was very poor game. Waste of time. Now that i think about it Crysis was another waste of time. Seriously the games PC gamers hyped are so bad. What happened to the days when they actually hyped good games like Half Life 2. Currently im playing Witcher 2 and at least its not STALKER or Crysis bad...

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#55 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

It's stuff like this that turned me off from PC gaming

PC Gamer: "Oh here's a hidden gem you should play"

Me: "Awesome I'll check it out"

PC Gamer: "But it's buggy and plays like crap if you just download and play, download these mods and follow these instructions for a better experience."

Me: "Ok..." downloads all the shit and follows instructions. "Ummm I did all the things but now my game crashes a lot"

PC Gamer: "Oh you need to do these extra steps to fix that one issue, update drivers, uninstall your OS and reinstall....:

Me: Turns PC off and plays PS4.

Look I know I'm being dramatic and I get some people enjoy stuff like trouble shooting and getting the most out of a game, but damn it my time is precious and I'm not going to spend hours trying to fix a damn game.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
@Star67 said:

It's stuff like this that turned me off from PC gaming

PC Gamer: "Oh here's a hidden gem you should play"

Me: "Awesome I'll check it out"

PC Gamer: "But it's buggy and plays like crap if you just download and play, download these mods and follow these instructions for a better experience."

Me: "Ok..." downloads all the shit and follows instructions. "Ummm I did all the things but now my game crashes a lot"

PC Gamer: "Oh you need to do these extra steps to fix that one issue, update drivers, uninstall your OS and reinstall....:

Me: Turns PC off and plays PS4.

Look I know I'm being dramatic and I get some people enjoy stuff like trouble shooting and getting the most out of a game, but damn it my time is precious and I'm not going to spend hours trying to fix a damn game.

Out of a total 11.000 views and 1.400 downloads, there have been a grand total of 6 that have reported issues that i have successfully troubleshooted with them. From our combined efforts, i've also listed every single solution in the Summary page, that i have used to resolve every single one of those issues, which may take a grand total of 1 minute to apply, or less.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is perfectly playable 'out of the box', it hasn't been "unplayable" since its release date 12 years ago. To significantly polish it up, you only need to apply one patch. To significantly improve the graphics and polish it up, you only need XpressTuning's Remaster Edition (Non-ENB).

To go with the standard edition with the ENB file included, means that you may have to spend an extra 1 minute to make it work, because we can skip the troubleshoot and simply apply the appropriate solution i have listed. There's a 99% chance that it'll work without spending that extra minute though.

@heirren said:

I think kids these days arent into Stalker vecause its dated. Kids today stalk via google, and other similar means. Kids dont relate to the game.

Nah, memes are real popular with S.T.A.L.K.E.R., it's a remarkably popular series because of its extraordinarily strong modding community and wealth of memes.

Kids get in because of memes, and stay because of vodka and cheeki breeki.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Lucianu:

I pay very little attention to the internet. The only time i ever go on is if im buying something, and maybe this site once in a while. I dont use social media; yet somehow i have 5 instagrams with my name. Alas its such a sht show its just a fart in the wind.

The key is to make the most effed up google history if you are being stalked. I got some people visiting and posting on prnhub of all places. To me though theyre all just farts in the wind that can man up. Hilarious.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Lucianu said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is perfectly playable 'out of the box', it hasn't been "unplayable" since its release date 12 years ago. To significantly polish it up, you only need to apply one patch. To significantly improve the graphics and polish it up, you only need XpressTuning's Remaster Edition (Non-ENB).

I played the GoG version of the original SoC. Col. Petrenko(?) aka the Duty trader at Rostok was killed during a Mercenary attack. From that point on, I was not able to buy anything from the Duty store because there was no one there. I think important NPCs getting killed is still a problem. That could potentially be game-breaking and ruin a campaign.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#59 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@Lucianu: That's still a pain in the butt.......

Like I said, more power to you and other people who like to troubleshoot but I don't want to do any of that stuff. Yeah you can get it to work for this game, but what about every other old hidden gem that has shit wrong with it?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
@Star67 said:

@Lucianu: That's still a pain in the butt.......

Like I said, more power to you and other people who like to troubleshoot but I don't want to do any of that stuff. Yeah you can get it to work for this game, but what about every other old hidden gem that has shit wrong with it?

It's a very small sacrifice of your time to experience something truly unique, barely replicated anywhere else. I don't mind, really, i get to learn something through practice, grow and get something out of that experience.

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Lucianu said:

I played the GoG version of the original SoC. Col. Petrenko(?) aka the Duty trader at Rostok was killed during a Mercenary attack. From that point on, I was not able to buy anything from the Duty store because there was no one there. I think important NPCs getting killed is still a problem. That could potentially be game-breaking and ruin a campaign.

Never happened to me, but i'm not surprised because Shadow of Chernobyl isn't as polished as Call of Pripyat. Not the bugs, but the mechanics that form its design i think are far more ambitious, and Call of Pripyat's ambition is far more subdued, but highly more polished.

@heirren said:

@Lucianu:

I pay very little attention to the internet. The only time i ever go on is if im buying something, and maybe this site once in a while. I dont use social media; yet somehow i have 5 instagrams with my name. Alas its such a sht show its just a fart in the wind.

The key is to make the most effed up google history if you are being stalked. I got some people visiting and posting on prnhub of all places. To me though theyre all just farts in the wind that can man up. Hilarious.

I've got like countless accounts i've made God knows where and i can't even remember half of them, hah. Good thing i never used any information that would be personal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Lucianu:

Personal or not it doesnt even matter. Its a sht show no matter which way you look at it. When you understand you are being stalked youve definitely got the advantage. Lol i somehow lured a crew of people all the way down to prnhub and ive heard they even conversate there.

And like it or not but youve got personal information out there in some form. Ive mentioned it elsewhere but ive got this girl that watches my google account and reads my texts messages.

Funny how in this information age, it all amounts to nothing.

Cant wait for her to show her face she always does;)