What are your contentious gaming opinions?

• 62 results
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46351 Posts

@Maroxad: The thing that worries me the most is that YouTubers need their weekly "this game is the doom of video games/This game is the worst thing ever" videos. And they don't even care about the victims they make along the way.

Many games have already been labeled as the worst thing ever, yet even playing them for 5 minutes you can see they are just flawed products, they are however not the devils spawn.

People can still find fun in flawed products. True gamers, people like you and me, a lot of people on here: we've all had moments where we found some of the most fun ever in flawed products.

Even Marques Brownee admitted the other day that Youtube is driven on negativity and extreme ("worst thing ever") video names, that is what the algorithm demands, thus that is what the algorithm gets.

If people want to live their lives like robots/drones, never to have an original idea of their own:

That's fine; just let other people have their fun, mkay? :)

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

It's a good that rtx cards came along , don't have to relay on rom hacks or gameplay mods to change up a title like I used too..

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2420 Posts

Finished replaying Arkham City and found so much to dislike about these game that I don't even think it's a glass half empty kind of thing. They're so mediocre. Joyless too, with a weirdly uncharismatic Kevin Conroy.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1246 Posts

PS3 era Sony > PS4 / PS5 Sony

Switch is overrated as hell.

Honestly most games that have gotten critical + fan praise in the last decade aren't deserving of the adoration they get.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

Metal Gear is a trash series.

PS5 is a mediocre gaming system and the PlayStation brand is at an all time low point.

Souls titles are outdated and over-rated one trick pony games.

GaaS games are garbage.

Most games aren't worth day one asking prices or even half that.

Politics in gaming is ruining gaming.

AAA budgets and development times are unsustainable.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19568 Posts

Open world is boring.

GTA is trash.

Culture war is stupid.

Sega > Nintendo

Sonic > Mario

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Warm_Gun

You know what? Devil May Cry 3 has better camerawork than 5. In big bosses and arenas, 5 excels, but when exploring it mostly uses the same closed-in orbital camera as every other modern game. Devil May Cry 3's scripted camera angles showed you more while leaving your thumb free for the face buttons.

Lost so much visibility by conforming. Almost all modern shit is the same, this included.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Warm_Gun

Even much of the fighting now has that problem of very limited visibility that takes your thumb from the face buttons. Have no idea why anyone would prefer this over the old atmospheric cam.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Warm_Gun

Yeah, definitely crappy while fighting in small to medium spaces. Camera shifts and rotates all over the place. If you wanted to put some environmental hazards in and the possibility to fall, you mostly couldn't because of that cam. Those big rotating gears that you fought on top of in Devil May Cry 3, impossible with the cam pictured above.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1246 Posts

I like the Dualshock 3 , might be my favorite controller. The DS4 is meh.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Litchie: Only your first and last points are hot takes. The ones in the middle are a fact.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34628 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Litchie: Only your first and last points are hot takes. The ones in the middle are a fact.

I'd probably like Zelda 1 and Metroid 1 had I played them when they came. But I played A Link to the Past and Super Metroid before them, so they weren't a great experience. Prefer Zelda 2 over 1, and people really hate that game.