What do you want the most out of next gen?

• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

What's one thing that you would like to see the most from next generation? for me it's new AAA Ip's that are innovative. I really feel this gen lack that more then any previous generation that I can remember.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Intelligent, creative A.I. Do something impressive with that machine learning.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59175 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

This.

Over stuff like 4k+

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

Less cinematic driven games would be a start. Nothing against them, enjoy them this gen had to offer but we really should get back to gameplay & innovation if you ask me. Other then that, that's all I gotta say.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

A durable console that won't break since I'm not made of money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

All games to be available on PC so I won't have to put up with weak ass console hardware at 30fps sub 1080p lol

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

RT more accessible for the masses, hopefully ampere is better and cheaper.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'd like to see Uncharted and Shenmue continue. I'd also like a reboot of Dino Crisis.

As for the hardware, I don't mind if PS5 is simply a more powerful PS4. With install sizes increasing, it probably needs a 2TB HDD, or at minimum the ability to plug in an external HDD.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I got a whole list:

• less mircrotransactions, lootboxes, surprise mechanics, whatever the video games industry is calling it these days
  • more Sony RPG games and rpg games in general
  • less 4vs1 games
  • less overwatch-style games
  • more single player games
  • less games who have mandatory online in order to play games, I'm looking at you Destiny 1 & 2, Anthem, Fallout 76 etc
  • less buggy games who are half-finished
  • EA gets bankrupted
  • Sony rebooting their old franchises
  • EA doesn't renew their Star Wars license

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

@watercrack445: I can get behind that

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

BLOODBORNE 2 PLIS SONY AND FROM SOFT

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah agree. Whilst I've enjoyed the odd cinematic game this gen, I've enjoyed games with fun gameplay and/or interesting themes alot more. Games like Katana Zero, Inside, Astral Chain, Mario Odyssey etc.

I'd like to see more games next gen try some new interesting things. If I want cinematic experiences, I'll watch a movie.

And less open world games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

60fps across the board

No more loot boxes

Games finished when released instead of broken games needing patched.

Star Wars IP going elsewhere

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Next-gen visuals with good gameplay and framerate. HDR support for every game and possibly free-sync as well. Been satisfied with Sony this gen (this year excluded). MS needs proper 1st party titles and not some lazy excuses ( Crackdown 3, pirate-whatever).

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

More of a focus on performance, with 60fps being treated as the standard, and for games that go for 30, please be stable at least...

Less cinematic games would be nice, and generally less of a focus on making pretty games and more focus on fun and creative gameplay that doesn't treat you like a idiot.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22824 Posts

You're gonna get a whole lot more open world and FPS games! All of which will continue the trend of diminishing returns in the AAA space.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

A lot of you are gonna be disappointed

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

The same thing I wanted since the PS2/Xbox gen....

“Fully Destructible Environments”. Seems like we only got a couple games the last 15 years who kinda did it or we got tech demo’s.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

I want unique AAA games. We got a few this gen but nothing compared to last gen.

Open world elements, RPG mechanics, crafting these bullet points don’t need to be in so many games. (Not every game that has these is bad but I defiantly feel like these elements have made there way into games that where better off without them)

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I’d like to see BioWare put out something that really is amazing.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

No load times, cross-buy, cross-friends and cross-save. Switch-level hardware flexibility.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts
  • Decent cooling
  • Cross-saves regardless of platform
  • Cross-buy at least between current and next gen. It's time. All software is essentially the same now.
  • Responsive, less cluttered UI from PS and Xbox
  • Performance options for 60fps on consoles
  • More of a focus on strategy and gameplay in AAA titles
  • SSD (check)
  • Less predatory BS in the industry
  • Sub services like Game Pass from the major players

Everything just needs to be better. Pick it up!

I think this is reasonable - won't be surprised when most of it doesn't happen though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

A lot more cross-play. Support keyboard and mouse on console as a native option, demand developers build it into their games.

I like the game subscription services so far, but would like to see more games. Origin and Microsoft have good choices so far. Not sure if I want to do Uplay+ or whatever they call it, I pretty much own all their games haha.

@br0kenrabbit said:

This. x1000

Tired of the resolution race. We are already talking about 8k and we can't even do 4k right (sort of like how we were talking about 4k before even being able to do 1080 right).

Tired of a games difficulty being determined by how much health an enemy has and how much damage you take like it's some math equation. I want legitimate challenge; smart enemies that adapt to you, use tactics, and so forth. Last time I was impressed by enemy AI it was 1998 and I was playing Half-Life.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

Fun games.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

A lot more cross-play. Support keyboard and mouse on console as a native option, demand developers build it into their games.

I like the game subscription services so far, but would like to see more games. Origin and Microsoft have good choices so far. Not sure if I want to do Uplay+ or whatever they call it, I pretty much own all their games haha.

@br0kenrabbit said:

This. x1000

Tired of the resolution race. We are already talking about 8k and we can't even do 4k right (sort of like how we were talking about 4k before even being able to do 1080 right).

Tired of a games difficulty being determined by how much health an enemy has and how much damage you take like it's some math equation. I want legitimate challenge; smart enemies that adapt to you, use tactics, and so forth. Last time I was impressed by enemy AI it was 1998 and I was playing Half-Life.

alien isolation has the best ai from this gen for me. fits the bill you describe

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44626 Posts

I'd like to see more destructible environments, wanted same thing this gen but all that extra power went to make games look prettier on the surface.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I also want to see major leaps in machine learning/AI/dynamic worlds. I hope XGS really push for such things in Halo and The Initiative's AAAA game.

I hate procedural generated worlds, but a world that could do same thing, but with enemies, so that you could have the same forest, and different experiences than everyone, and if you ever came back during the game, or replay, all sorts of crazy weird shit could happen, rather than same old monster, doing the same exact thing.

I want to not help people, and come back later and find their corpse, or later see them wearing the monster's head as a helmet. If some monster in a cave, and I decide to fight it later, I pass by, I don't want to see it doing the same exact thing everytime.

A lot of games have done stuff like this, and hope they take it even further.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@TheEroica said:

You're gonna get a whole lot more open world and FPS games! All of which will continue the trend of diminishing returns in the AAA space.

This is probably my main concern, especially in the AAA space. Every f*cking game has to be open world now for some reason, even ones that never were before and were the better for it. Most open world games nowadays are filled with boring filler missions to extend length to create an illusion of "better value for money".

This is why I'm totally turned off by open world games now, and generally stick to more "focused/linear" AAA games, or Indies. Usually on Switch.

If next gen is going to be more of the same (or even more so?!), then I might not even bother buying an Xbox or PS. I'll just stick with Nintendo.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@warmblur said:

What's one thing that you would like to see the most from next generation? for me it's new AAA Ip's that are innovative. I really feel this gen lack that more then any previous generation that I can remember.

A better question for you is what IP do you want to see take a break or go away? For Coolyfett and new gen?

1. More exclusives from PlayStation

2. More console sales (someone to beat PS2 in sales)

3. Controllers with better battery life.

4. Games going mainstream like music & movies

Overall Coolyfett just wants to see more growth in the industry.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Coolyfett
@KungfuKitten said:

No load times, cross-buy, cross-friends and cross-save. Switch-level hardware flexibility.

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator

In broad strokes... I want there to be a Renaissance where the focus is on how we play rather than how it looks.

In more specific terms, I'd like to be able to play portable like switch with the other console makers.

I'd also like to further breakdown walls over hardware exclusivity. If they want to sell a service fine... Let me choose, but don't lock me behind hardware. I call for an all in one box.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

Games that are not ashamed of being games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01

@TheEroica said:

In broad strokes... I want there to be a Renaissance where the focus is on how we play rather than how it looks.

In more specific terms, I'd like to be able to play portable like switch with the other console makers.

I'd also like to further breakdown walls over hardware exclusivity. If they want to sell a service fine... Let me choose, but don't lock me behind hardware. I call for an all in one box.

@Pedro said:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@TheEroica said:

@Pedro said:

All of that^^

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

At the beginning of the generation: Solid AAA VR titles, some of which latch onto full physical systems for gameplay.

In the middle of the generation: The standardization of wireless high resolution VR hardware with much better comfort.

At the end of the generation: VR hardware that closely resembles the technology from Ready Player One.

Also: PlayStation Home VR on PS5, Xbox Scarlett VR support, Kojima makes a VR game, Cyberpunk 2077 VR support.

Also better AI and physics in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I want a do over.

The gaming industry is rotten. Too big for its own good.

@Coolyfett said:

Oh god, no. Growth is what ruined it. As soon as studios get really big, their games become duller. Risks become more expensive and costly as the production values rise, so the developers make their games more generic and regurgitate what is popular.

I can't believe you have a transforming gun in Control but can only toggle between two weapon styles, making the number row completely useless. They have this awesome idea for a weapon but limit the player to the same two weapon limit as every other shooter coming out now, because that is expected now. And no, being able to change weapons in the pause menu doesn't make it okay. I should never have to pause to switch weapons in a shooter. Screw gaming. It needs to be nuked so we can have a clean do over in a few years.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

I've been waiting years for games where I can actually speak and interact with like you could do on Seaman for Dreamcast. Many years ago there was this demo for PC called "Facade" where you were a guest in a couples apartment for dinner but they had marriage issues. You could speak to either one of them and they would react to how you talked to them. It was pretty decent and amazing for it's time. Of course I would often try to say perverse things and they would eventually ask me to leave but it was fun and yet was only a demo of the technology.

I've always wanted open world games where you could speak openly like that and have NPC's react to you. I mean the tech is there.

*Edit: Here is the demo I was talking about: https://facade.en.softonic.com/

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#39  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

Resident Evil 3

Sony to resurrect franchises from the dead. Syphon Filter though I doubt we'll ever see Gabe Logan return.

Better battery life for controllers.

Greatest Hits titles to come out sooner. (Basically games that sold extremely well to drop to $30)

More original games that push creatively. Rather than being copy and paste games. Games that aren't afraid to take and try something new.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Realistically maybe a bump in performance standards for all devices. Wishful thinking It would be cool to see a change in studio structure. AAA studios should collaborate with indie or small special creators out there. They should be like a resource hub where indie devs with new ideas or particular expertise get contracts to fully utilize the resources to bring there ideas to life in a AAA way if you will. At worst maybe more colabs from Yoko Taro X Platnum (as we have seen the difference in Nier games) to maybe even ND X Platnum. Since its hard not to follow same o same o structures how about a combination of talent.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

good gameplay like the Switch/PC has

im done with casual crap on the consoles the big 2 so they say more like crap and crapola

l3igl3oss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 l3igl3oss
Member since 2004 • 74 Posts

I want a controller with two thumb dials or radio buttons that can be clicked on their outer rim to register movement and camera in two axes with their rotation being the third for six degrees of freedom.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Less emphasis on multiplayer and more on single player. Probably will only get worse as NBA 2K20 is showing us... but the removal of micro-transactions.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#44 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

@warmblur said:

I think seeing "less" of many things would be a start.

*less Remakes

*less PC based decisions that are based on pressure from SJW/feminist groups that the 99% simply do not want.

*Less downloads for updating the game to fix bugs i.e Games are FINISHED on the day of release.

*Less versions of games, i.e Gold Edition, Platinum edition on release.

*Less microtransactions, pay for play, loot boxes etc etc

*Less games being destroyed by EA

In terms of more....

*New stories, new ideas, new franchises.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Coolyfett

@ezekiel43 said:

I want a do over.

@Coolyfett said:

Oh god, no. Growth is what ruined it. As soon as studios get really big, their games become duller. Risks become more expensive and costly as the production values rise, so the developers make their games more generic and regurgitate what is popular.

I can't believe you have a transforming gun in Control but can only toggle between two weapon styles, making the number row completely useless. They have this awesome idea for a weapon but limit the player to the same two weapon limit as every other shooter coming out now, because that is expected now. And no, being able to change weapons in the pause menu doesn't make it okay. I should never have to pause to switch weapons in a shooter. Screw gaming. It needs to be nuked so we can have a clean do over in a few years.

You misunderstand. Gaming is still not mainstream yet. There is still a high number of humanity that does not play games. This is not about EA, Activision & Micro transactions and all the all stuff gamers have cried about this gen. Almost all humans on earth like some type of music, almost all humans on earth enjoy sometime of film\tv entertainment. Gaming needs to get there. Whether it be PC, mobile, or 1 of the Big 3 . This attitude that "Gaming is mine and no one else can play" is terrible. There are a lot of games out there, but still not enough players. It may take time but its just not there yet.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@ezekiel43 said:

I want a do over.

It really is. Be it shitty, rich millionaire dickheads brainstorming ways new and innovative ways to manipulate the consumer or politics where mentality unstable people are turning it into an antifa rally.

Gaming should have ended at the Master System. It's been a huge mistake.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Coolyfett

@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I want a do over.

It really is. Be it shitty, rich millionaire dickheads brainstorming ways to **** the consumer or politics where mentality unstable people are attempting to police everything.

Why do you still play?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 uninspiredcup  Online
@Coolyfett said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I want a do over.

It really is. Be it shitty, rich millionaire dickheads brainstorming ways to **** the consumer or politics where mentality unstable people are attempting to police everything.

Why do you still play?

I'm playing Alex The Kidd right now.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheEroica  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01: I'm sticking Nintendo regardless. Xbox and Sony have shown they will out date my purchase two years after buying it with a console revision. (their choice not mine)

Its never been a worse time to buy a console day 1. I'm not falling for it this time around. Switch is my main device for a while.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hrt_rulz01

@TheEroica: Yeah I agree.