What will Nintendo do?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts

Hello,

I am wondering what will Nintendo do now that their "novelty" motion control is happening to the ps3 and 360. We all know that ps3/360 can give you a whole lot more options than the Wii from storage to online gameplay to simply better games.

PS3/360 can put crappy games like carnival games but Nintendo can not put triple A games like GOD3 and MW2(except for Mario galaxy maybe).

Who is still going to buy a Wii?

I know they more than profited this generation, but what is next?

Will they need to release a Wii HD, because Sony and Microsoft has no intention of releasing new hardware any time soon? Who is going to buy it?

Will they make the Wii super cheap and sell it in 3rd world countries, and make it a poor man's ps3?

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
The PS3 and 360 things are just gimmicks that I doubt many people will buy. The Wii's motion controller is standard. I don't hink Nintendo has much to fear.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
they won't do anything this gen since motion sensing from the other consoles aren't a threat right now. They will definitely try something else next gen. The wii refined the power glove, so maybe the wii2 will refine the virtual boy?
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Neither Sony nor MS has shown that they can make quality software for motion controls. If the games were ass, the Wii would have failed. Despite popular SW belief, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Zelda, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Smash Brothers, etc aren't ass. The best Sony and MS devs, outside of Lionhead, have pretty much laughed at motion controls and brag about how their games won't support it. The best devs at Nintendo, which is Nintendo themselves, have totally embraced it. It's two radically different approaches to the concept.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Will they make the Wii super cheap and sell it in 3rd world countries, and make it a poor man's ps3?

Kingmohd84

How old are you?

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

The PS3 and 360 things are just gimmicks that I doubt many people will buy. The Wii's motion controller is standard. I don't hink Nintendo has much to fear.BubbyJello

^^^^THIS^^^^x10..Although I have not played my Wii in a long long time, its still the console that has revolutionized the motion controles.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Hello,

I am wondering what will Nintendo do now that their "novelty" motion control is happening to the ps3 and 360. We all know that ps3/360 can give you a whole lot more options than the Wii from storage to online gameplay to simply better games.

PS3/360 can put crappy games like carnival games but Nintendo can not put triple A games like GOD3 and MW2(except for Mario galaxy maybe).

Will they need to release a Wii HD, because Sony and Microsoft has no intention of releasing new hardware any time soon? Who is going to buy it?

Kingmohd84
I have no idea but if the Arc lives up to my expectations there really isn't going to any good reason to own a Wii over a PS3 (except the obvious exclusive Nintendo stuff).
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Don't expect the wand to fly off the shelves. Natal might do well, but not the wand.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
So you are all saying that Sony+Microsoft are not capable of making motion control games that would compete against the Wii?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
So you are all saying that Sony+Microsoft are not capable of making motion control games that would compete against the Wii?Kingmohd84
There won't be the same install base
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

ya know before this whole Arc/Natal business people openly mocked motion controls

now it's "what's the potential of motion controls"

personally i still don't care about 'em

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]

Hello,

amaneuvering

I have no idea but if the Arc lives up to my expectations there really isn't going to any good reason to own a Wii over a PS3 (except the obvious exclusive Nintendo stuff).

Yeah expect when has a non standard control scheme for a console got alot of big 3rd party games, the thing you are forgetting is the wiimote is the standard controller so developers who make games for the wii make it for the wiimote. developers who make games for ps3 will make it for the standard controller that has the bigger user rate. There will only be about a select few 3rd party games and the rest mainly just 1st and 2nd.

calcal404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 calcal404
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

They wont even be a threat lol

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

Hello,

Kingmohd84

thats where i lol'd

mario galaxy is currently the highest rated game this gen according to game rankings, plz dont compare it to those

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Which console is more cheaper for the casual players? Once you get that answer TC, you will see that Nintendo don't have nothing to fear.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

They'll continue to sell the Wii at a ridiculous pace.

The motion controls for the HD consoles are an alternative control scheme, and an add-on to the system. Wii's motion controls are a fundamental part of the system. Arc and Natal entirely deend on reception and game development.

rosalinas-star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rosalinas-star
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts

Nintendo was able to create the reception that the Wii is a game console intended for a broad demographic by appealing to groups that are often ignored by the industry (women/girls and older adults). It was able to do so with the Wii Remote, as well market the Wii outside of the traditional young male demographic.

Can Sony be able to shed the PS3's "macho" image by the Arc? The console has the baggage of being one that is unfriendly to female and older gamers because of the type of games being released, as well as its marketing. Unless the Arc actually appeals to female and older gamers, it will not be a threat to Nintendo and its Wii Remote.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

The difference between Nintendo's brand of motion controls and those that will be offered by its competition is that Nintendo already has 100% saturation with its controllers. Microsoft and Sony will have to provide some big incentives for people to purchase their controllers and even then, they still won't have as many people utilizing their controllers as Nintendo.

Even if they release their motion control, then Nintendo Wii will not magically stop selling. Anyways, it already appears that they are taking steps to prepare against this. They are already releasing their big three all in one year, which is an unprecedented action for Nintendo. Not only that, they have made sure that certain titles coveted by owners of the other consoles are only on the Wii such as Xenoblade, The Last Story, Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, and Dragon Quest X (You can tell I have a clear bias in favor of RPG's :P).

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
Sony and MS really have uphill battle in fron of them. First you have to convince people that your motion controls are worth their time. You have to convince the SAME people who bought a Wii or want top buy a Wii that their product is somehow better. They have to convince their userbase that motion controls can enhance games. It's a hard sell no matter how you look at it.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
So you are all saying that Sony+Microsoft are not capable of making motion control games that would compete against the Wii?Kingmohd84
Nintendo has been doing it for 4 years and Sony/MS have been doing it for never. For the most part, these two companies don't even make family friendly games. They will have a very hard time cracking the casual Wii market with Nintendo already there and pretty much experts in it. For h4rdc0re... well the h4rdc0r3 says motion controls are of the devil and are ruining gaming, so good luck cracking them with it.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Half-Way

it seems like nintendo is going to do what i hoped they would. When they were up against Sega, and sega started releasing their new consoles nintendo simply stuck to with the SNES, they concentrated on the software, and thats how they won, while sega started worrying to much about their hardware. even the Small advantage sega had with their consoles quickly became irrelevant when donkey kong country came out.

nintendo already has this generation in their pockets, and now they are releasing their big name games, and thats really all they need to do.

more info about the sega case, here. starting at 5.35

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]Will they make the Wii super cheap and sell it in 3rd world countries, and make it a poor man's ps3?

Thunderdrone

How old are you?

Just a wild guess... 13?

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

Ya I am sure a lot of people are going to sell their Wii just because Sony straight ripped off Nintendo. Yep everyone is going to run to the console that had to steal Nintendo's ideas.

At least MS is doing something different then nintendo but Sony is just blantanly ripping off Nintendo.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]So you are all saying that Sony+Microsoft are not capable of making motion control games that would compete against the Wii?Senor_Kami
Nintendo has been doing it for 4 years and Sony/MS have been doing it for never. For the most part, these two companies don't even make family friendly games. They will have a very hard time cracking the casual Wii market with Nintendo already there and pretty much experts in it. For h4rdc0re... well the h4rdc0r3 says motion controls are of the devil and are ruining gaming, so good luck cracking them with it.

Nintendo was the market leader when they introduced analogue and rumble. Sony came along with the Dualshock which wasn't originally standard, then crushed Nintendo's dominance for 2 straight generations. PS1 and PS2 were never as family friendly as the N64 or Gamecube either.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The PS3 and 360 things are just gimmicks that I doubt many people will buy. The Wii's motion controller is standard. I don't hink Nintendo has much to fear.BubbyJello

They are gimmicks? Didn't people say that about the Wii? :D

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]

Hello,

Half-Way

thats where i lol'd

mario galaxy is currently the highest rated game this gen according to game rankings, plz dont compare it to those

One really good game, or alot of really good gameS. I know what i would pick.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Nintendo will sit back and continue counting there money.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]

Hello,

Sandvichman

thats where i lol'd

first off, you did it wrong

its "one great game or alot og good games"

secondly, there is more then just SMG on the wii, just like there are other great games on the xbox360 then just halo 3. but none of them are better then SMG score wise.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#29 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Sony and Microsoft were four years late to the punch. I really doubt Son'ys and Microsoft's motion controllers are going to significantly effects Nintendo.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

it seems like nintendo is going to do what i hoped they would. When they were up against Sega, and sega started releasing their new consoles nintendo simply stuck to with the SNES, they concentrated on the software, and thats how they won, while sega started worrying to much about their hardware. even the Small advantage sega had with their consoles quickly became irrelevant when donkey kong country came out.

nintendo already has this generation in their pockets, and now they are releasing their big name games, and thats really all they need to do.

Half-Way

That's an interesting perspective. With the PS3 essentially becoming the fabled "Wii HD", it would be good idea for Nintendo to continue their focus on Wii software before rushing out the next platform.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Nintendo will watch with passive interest while rolling around in piles of money.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
ps3 arc is a copy of the wiimote. natal will make you get off the couch and will replace motion controls.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
they have yet to do so, only these fanboy fulled speculations based off of some sort of "loyalty " for microsoft or sony and hate for nintendo because they are beating the crap out of the fanboys choice corporation
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"][QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]So you are all saying that Sony+Microsoft are not capable of making motion control games that would compete against the Wii?tomarlyn

Nintendo was the market leader when they introduced analogue and rumble. Sony came along with the Dualshock which wasn't originally standard, then crushed Nintendo's dominance for 2 straight generations. PS1 and PS2 were never as family friendly as the N64 or Gamecube either.

Dualshocks aren't the only reason why Sony dominated for two straight generations. The PS1 brought a brand new demography of 18-35 males into gaming, while N64 and the Gamecube are increasingly seen as too childish. Add in the sheer number of 3rd party support Sony rallied, and you have a recipe for success.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

InfinityMugen

That's an interesting perspective. With the PS3 essentially becoming the fabled "Wii HD", it would be good idea for Nintendo to continue their focus on Wii software before rushing out the next platform.

just saw the thread about reggie saying they werent thinking seriously about a new console yet. if thats true i might actully be right. I personaly cant think of any reason why they should upgrade the wii, i dont consider HD important at all, and i switch between SD and HD all the time. im clearly more interested in what games might come out, Metroid and Zelda clearly are a way in the right direction, even if i wouldnt mind a F-Zero :P

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

i dont see a game on my 360 that is "simply" better then mario galaxy or zelda tp

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 farnham

with 100 additional dollars to get that stuff

who is going to buy a ps3 with ps move

when they can get a wii with wii sports and wii sports resort a lot cheaper

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts
[QUOTE="Kingmohd84"]

Hello,

amaneuvering

Which is THE reason to own a Wii.... best games out there are worth having a certain console for. And by the way: what the hell is this topic? :? Horrible...... Nintendo offers games just as good as Sony or Microsoft, and also has what is considered the bes tgame of this gen generally....
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

anything possible but really dont get your hopes up for the shared wii multiplats that yall hated so much but now want and better software, and it has a completely different install base

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

i dont see a game on my 360 that is "simply" better then mario galaxy or zelda tp

farnham
Exactly...
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xhawk27

[QUOTE="farnham"]

ElTriforceo

Exactly...

Fanboy much. You should have put in the PS3 in there too.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Half-Way"]

thats where i lol'd

Half-Way

first off, you did it wrong

its "one great game or alot og good games"

secondly, there is more then just SMG on the wii, just like there are other great games on the xbox360 then just halo 3. but none of them are better then SMG score wise.

either way thats not even the point half way is kind of right SMG is like 98% and those other two arent up their in avg in GOW3 is at 94% just expect it to go down from there though as more reviews come in

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I prefer the Wii's games but whatever floats your boat.
majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

the only problem of nintendo is hardcore games with wii mote...its very rare to see a game like that

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 farnham

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"][QUOTE="farnham"]

xhawk27

Exactly...

i dont have a ps3 only a 360

and there are games that are arguably better then galaxy or tp (well not in my taste)

but there are no games that simply blow those games away

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] Exactly...farnham

and there are games that are arguably better then galaxy or tp (well not in my taste)

Ok. Thought you were a fanboy. Anyway I kind of agree what you are saying.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

the only problem of nintendo is hardcore games with wii mote...its very rare to see a game like that

majestix1988
Depends on what defines a hardcore game.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Half-Way

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] Exactly...farnham

your not the only one, most review sites agree that those are among the higest rated this gen, and mario galaxy been the higest one as i mentioned.

of course its purely opinion, but that would make this whole AAA,AA thing pointless too becouse its based on other people opinions

LenGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LenGen
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
most likely drop the price again... and probably launch another console that is actually up to date with the technology.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

Call Captain Planet?