What would it take for you to buy/get into a system you currently don't own?

• 81 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45366 Posts

I have a PC, PS5, and Switch. If it wasn't for MS porting all of their games to PC, and also letting PC players play online for free, the Xbox Series X would be a really compelling system for me. For the price, the XSX is a really good value and it has interesting features. Which then brings me back to PC. I have an old PC now (gtx 980 ti). Currently there aren't any real compelling exclusives. So I haven't really thought of upgrading much. Age of Empires seems interesting though, but I think my PC can handle that. Other than that, PS5 pretty much covers my needs. It's powerful and home to some of the best exclusives on the planet. And Switch is a beast, but give me Switch 2 and I'll be over that lol. Would love more capable hardware and better features (never though I'd say this, but I actually want bluetooth now lol). And finally, give me my 1080p 60fps Bayonetta 3! And then there's VR. I wasn't ready to indulge in VR last gen, I felt like the hardware was still new and evolving. But I'm seriously interested in PSVR 2 if Sony can nail it. I can see them integrating VR into a lot of their games. So just show me the games, and I think I'm sold. And finally, mobile. I have a damn good phone, but I still can't really get into it. It just seems boring and too simplistic. But if they can make it like a top notch portable system with higher budget games, I'd check it out.

How about you, SW? What would it take for you to buy/get into a system you currently don't own?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Stock and cheaper games.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The GPU prices keep hiking up, 800+ euros for a RTX 3080 sounded really good last year, but the prices can be at 1200-1500 euros now and you still gotta do some serious work to get one, **** that. I'm considering on getting a Series X at some point and wait on upgrading my PC.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Xbox: nothing, since all XGS games come to PC.

PlayStation 5: 50/50 chance, if someone was to slip $570 in cash into my pocket as I walk by a copy of Horizon Forbidden West sitting next to a PS5.

Switch: get me drunk or high, lock me in a room for 24 hours, and tell me I can leave early if I buy the Switch and the copy of Breath of the Wild sitting on the table.

Mobile: I'll take another look when they stop sucking.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22859 Posts

I'd buy a ps5 or xsx is they had compelling games to play. Still I wait....

This is the first generation (since atari 2600) that I have zero "hype" for a new console. It's refreshing because the gen is playing out how I thought almost to the T.

There is no system seller and really no big reason to own a ps5 or xsx right now. The longer I wait, the closer I get to the mid generation console upgrades, the larger and more affordable the library gets. It's kind of wonderful to be honest.

I've been playing the stock market and so I'm obsessed with value and patience. Not worried about money. I make enough to buy both consoles, but that doesn't mean I should.... Value and patience!

So, in short... It takes new unique games, lower bargain prices and value for me to jump in. I honestly don't feel I've missed a thing since this gen began.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

EU PS5/X1X sales are going to nose dive until late May. Stuck ship screwed everything up, and chip orders are less. Couldn't buy one even if you were willing to give them a go.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46518 Posts

For consoles it's usually games, by which I mean exclusives.

And if Nintendo is going to start selling a 4K Switch they better upgrade their existing games like MS and Sony did last gen with their Xbone X and PS4 pro.

Nintendo won't of course offer free upgrades, as they are so used to selling the same games over and over with very few changes or updates.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Games, games, games. Graphics ain't everything to me.

Nintendo Switch - Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy exclusive, JRPG exclusives. If Nintendo dropped the price on the Switch, I'll likely own one at some point this or next year. Historically speaking, they have convinced me.

Xbox - Microsoft would need to deliver a ton of exclusives that match my tastes... mainly JRPGs. Now that Gamepass is available on the PC, there's no point in owning an Xbox.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1264 Posts

Big price drops.

Like down to $300 for the PS5. I mainly just want to play Nioh 2 with the visual upgrades. Would probably try a few other PS4 games that are improved over their og PS4 settings. If the PS4 PRo was cheaper might get it to tide me over for awhile.

I already have a One X and a PC comparable to the new consoles so upgrading on the Xbox front is even less appealing. FPS boost is a great feature - but I think every game that received it is also available on PC. $100 for the Series S and $150 for the X.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

There's nothing any of the ones i don't own could do, **** PC/PS/Nintendo.

Hopefully that was clear enough.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

To get a PS5 I need more "ooh aahh" exclusives. And I don't "need" but really really want to see PS1-3 BC.

To get an Xbox it needs to complete the metamorphosis - let me play other PC games as well with full cross save and cross play. Then we'll talk

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic

@xantufrog said:

To get a PS5 I need more "ooh aahh" exclusives. And I don't "need" but really really want to see PS1-3 BC.

To get an Xbox it needs to complete the metamorphosis - let me play other PC games as well with full cross save and cross play. Then we'll talk

Damn, imagine MS and Steam collaborated and allowed you to download your Steam library to the XSX. That would be crazy!

@TheEroica said:

This is the first generation (since atari 2600) that I have zero "hype" for a new console. It's refreshing because the gen is playing out how I thought almost to the T.

There is no system seller and really no big reason to own a ps5 or xsx right now. The longer I wait, the closer I get to the mid generation console upgrades, the larger and more affordable the library gets. It's kind of wonderful to be honest.

I've been playing the stock market and so I'm obsessed with value and patience. Not worried about money. I make enough to buy both consoles, but that doesn't mean I should.... Value and patience!

So, in short... It takes new unique games, lower bargain prices and value for me to jump in. I honestly don't feel I've missed a thing since this gen began.

Well since you love Souls games, the 92 metacritic Demon Soul's remake would be right up your alley!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34720 Posts

PS5 and Xboxwhatever has zero things I want. I guess I'd think about getting them if they had taken several great games hostage. But as it is now, they are really expensive and completely useless.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50633 Posts

Games that I want to play.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Litchie
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

Well since you love Souls games, the 92 metacritic Demon Soul's remake would be right up your alley!

lol, yeah. Get a PS5 for 500 bucks for a 12 year old game with a new coat of paint for 70 bucks. Best idea ever.

Talk about comepletely ignoring what he said about value and new games.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gym_Lion

@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

lol, yeah. Get a PS5 for 500 bucks for a 12 year old game with a new coat of paint for 70 bucks. Best idea ever.

At least Sony made a effort with DS remake though. Unlike Nintendo who just stick the word 'DELUXE' on a box and charge £60 for decade old games like Pikmen.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Litchie

@gym_lion said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

At least Sony made a effort with DS remake though. Unlike Nintendo who just stick the word 'DELUXE' on a box and charge £60 for decade old games like Pikmen.

I agree about that, no need to defend Sony against the Nintendo fan.

Nintendo's "deluxe" crap is seriously fucked up. I'd accept Pikmin 3 for 25 bucks. 60? gtfo

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gym_Lion

@Litchie said:
@gym_lion said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

Nintendo's "deluxe" crap is seriously fucked up. I'd accept Pikmin 3 for 25 bucks. 60? gtfo

Not really defending Sony, Just think the devs deserve more credit than just dismissing it as a 'coat of paint'.

Although £70 is £20 to much for it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Litchie

@gym_lion said:
@Litchie said:
@gym_lion said:
@Litchie said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not really defending Sony, Just think the devs deserve more credit than just dismissing it as a 'coat of paint'.

Although £70 is £20 to much for it.

That's pretty much exactly what it is though, afaik. It may be a very nice coat of paint, but they haven't done anything else to it. Even the AI is exactly the same.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm a PS5 and Switch guy this gen (yes, counting Switch as part of the PS5 gen).

Xbox - Nothing. I owned the first for a month when Halo 2 released. The player base was so idiotic and/or toxic that I sold the system away and never looked back.

PC - Being more affordable is at the top of the list. A large increase in stability. A severe decrease in cheaters. Lastly, a new Unreal Tournament being exclusive would be great. I'd rather just see it ported to PS5 though. Sadly, it was canned because of Fortnite. smh...

Mobile - I hate touch screen and am no longer fond of handheld gaming. I play a golf game but that's basically it.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

PS5 - More compelling exclusives. Or Bloodborne 2. And availability.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44403 Posts

Well I don’t currently own an Xbox Series X or PS5 yet but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want them.

PC - not really sure about that one as I find consoles just more convenient for me

Mobile - I have an iPad and played some games on it here and there but for the most part I’d just rather play on a typical handheld system.

Honestly though getting the big three’s consoles is more then enough for me and is actually a bit too much. I could own just one console and be perfectly content with the number of games that I enjoy playing. Sometimes I feel like I already have more games then I have time to play. Trying to own every system feels excessive.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

Generally: games. if something has games i am interested in i pay attention. The only exception is game streaming platforms. I don't care what the game is, if i can't poke the machine running it then i don't want to know.

I am sold on the PS5 already. i never had a PS4 so i have the PS4 backlog and upcoming PS5 games to play. its just a question of when i get one, not if (I am thinking around the time GT7 releases).

Xbox: well i suppose on the one hand i already have an xbox in the form of a windows PC so.....meh. I would only consider an xbox console if it had exclusives i wanted. I am keen to see what comes out of MSs now quite formidable (on paper at least) first party. It would take one hell of a game, locked behind gamepass, to make me consider a gamepass sub though. i don't like renting my games.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

i have pc ps5 and switch so im pretty much set. no point buying xbox for me as its pretty redundant with pc and ps5.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I own them all, Manticore FTW

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

Universal mouse and keyboard support.

Open development.

Multiple options for game purchases.

Free online.

Option to buy upgrades.

Consoles would essentially need to be PC's for me to ever consider buying them. I bought a PS4 late into its life (like a year ago) and regret it, don't think I'm going to do that again.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

For PC gaming: Cheaper parts, better and free consumer assistance, cheaper hardware, easier user experience, less hacks and bots and cheaters, friendlier community, no mandatory software clients, less clunky hardware that is smaller, lighter and more portable.

For a PS5 purchase: an acknowledgement from Sony that PS5 doesn't have that dreadful CBOMB design.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#31 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2593 Posts

A game i want, the more i want it the more i'm willing to pay for said system.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I’d like a ps5 for the exclusives....but....right now there aren’t enough, and there’s not much on the horizon. If Sony went back to the drawing board and redesigned a ps5 slim, or pro...I’d get one, because hopefully most of the issues will be ironed out by then. Until then, I’m good.
No interest in a Switch, im just over mario and nothing else interests me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I'm getting these for the new controllers mainly I save what 50-70 bux buying the system that comes with a new one and get to play all my old games I own better and on top of that all the new games im in just tell em that and should be good.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6105 Posts

Be able to buy a decent graphics card at a reasonable price. Although I can play on me laptop technically. Its not a gaming machine. I'm in all the other systems in some form.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

Dreams going multiplatform.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

A game I really wanted to play that isn't on the PS5. A game such as Mass Effect back in the day when it was only Xbox. There isn't anything that the XSeX is offering that makes me want to go get it.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

It would take a console having 100% perfect keyboard and mouse support in every game and the ability for me to use trainers in any game I want to that is SP or SP only modes. I would still prefer PC and mainly game on PC but I would consider buying a console if those 2 things happened.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: I’d like a ps5 for the exclusives....but....right now there aren’t enough, and there’s not much on the horizon. If Sony went back to the drawing board and redesigned a ps5 slim, or pro...I’d get one, because hopefully most of the issues will be ironed out by then. Until then, I’m good.

No interest in a Switch, im just over mario and nothing else interests me.

Yea, if you want one just for exclusives, might as well wait.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14820 Posts

Xbox - exclusives

Nintendo - adequate hardware, better pricing. I probably still wouldn’t get it, don’t care much for their exclusives.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

Games. I still need a PS5, but my other sources are pretty solid.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@Telekill: Just my personal experience but PC gaming is very stable these days, I almost never have games not open or crash. I know it can vary PC to PC, but as a whole overall I think stability is mostly a non issue with PC these days.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

If I were gifted a PS5 or could get one for very cheap I would happily play it.... well atleast Demon's Souls. I don't see the point in spending all that cash when I have the Series X already.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Maybe if they had full compatibility with my PC library I might give it a thought, otherwise I'm plain not interested in consoles.

Except for Switch, love my Nintendo games and the portability.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Litchie

@shadyacshuns said:

For PC gaming: Cheaper parts, 1. better and free consumer assistance, cheaper hardware, 2. easier user experience, 3. less hacks and bots and cheaters, 4. friendlier community, 5. no mandatory software clients, 6. less clunky hardware that is smaller, lighter and more portable.

For a PS5 purchase: an acknowledgement from Sony that PS5 doesn't have that dreadful CBOMB design.

1. For what? I've never needed it once.
2. I don't understand what's so hard. I've used Windows PCs since I was 7, like most people in school.
3. Depends on what you play. I recommend not playing Call of Duty.
4. Depends on what you play. I recommend not playing Call of Duty. Also, the community is probably just as shit, if not shittier on consoles, where kids who have just learned swear words hang out.
5. Does it matter that much?
6. PCs come in all different shapes and sizes. There are very light portable ones. Expensive as hell, though.

I find most reasons people have why they don't like PCs pretty much bullshit most of the time. Only legit one is that it's expensive. Also, if you are very non-technical and need the hardware to do everything for you, I guess. Like Apple fans.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

All I want are good, fun, exclusive IPs. I don't want over the top dramas, I don't want shit that requires actors and film directors. Just pure, simple, fun ffs. If Sony brought back stuff like Spyro, Medieval, Twisted Metal, I'd be interested. If Xbox actually did something remotely worthy of Rare's IPs, then I'd be interested. But as neither of them have any interest in doing anything of the sort, **** 'em.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 683 Posts

Time - I do not have to thoroughly play all the games I want to play on the one console I own. I have no desire to spend all my free time playing video games like a freaking weirdo. There is no reason to buy more than one console. Anything not on that console I do not play - end of story.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#49 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70131 Posts

I don't know the feeling. 😎

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Maybe if all my friends switched platform but doubt that will happen. I'm just too old to care about owning every system anymore like I used to. I don't care that the system I play might not have a couple games that other systems do. Gamecube was the last Nintendo I owned and I haven't touched Playstation since the PS2. I am perfectly happy with my Xbox and the library of games I have built up for it.