• 75 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll What's your favorite era of gaming? (64 votes)

70s 2%
80s 3%
90s 45%
2000-2010 30%
2010-2020 5%
Whatever the hell right now is. 13%

For me, the 90s nails it. Too many great games. The jump from the 2d to 3d was just the tip of iceberg. Love that era. It seemed like awesome games literally grew on trees back then.

• 
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#51 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16023 Posts

The SNES/Genesis days. That was the time I started playing video games. Games were a lot tougher back then, like Mega Man for example. It was a time in which you didn't have to worry about micro-transactions, fancy graphics, controllers with tons of buttons on them or DLC that should've made it into the final game. Games were a lot simpler and I kinda miss that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25003 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Anything after the 90s is a waste of time.

Just waiting for the clock to end.

after 90s we got best game ever made

released in 2000.

Meh.

Alex Jones imagination.

illuminati is real. gray death (corona) was exposed as man made virus. JC denton found a proof.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@ghosts4ever: 2020 alone or 2022 alone both individually beat out those games lol. HL2 is a masterpiece though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts

1990-2007

Some of my favourite games were end of the 90s (Donkey Kong Country, Half Life) or early 2000s (RTCW, MOHAA, COD)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

1990-2007

Some of my favourite games were end of the 90s (Donkey Kong Country, Half Life) or early 2000s (RTCW, MOHAA, COD)

after 2007 things get worse.

FPS getting 4 hours campaign with regen health, action games become more and more linear and scripted. also ruined Hitman and splinter cell a major stealth games turn into action game.

things started to get better after 2016 with the release of Doom, Hitman 2016, Titanfall 2, Prey, Metro exodus and others. we finally out of dark era of gaming (from 2008-2015).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

2004 and 2005 were golden. I mean in 2 years we get

• Half life 2
  • FEAR
  • Splinter cell Chaos theory
  • Doom 3
  • Riddick EFBB
  • Hitman contracts
  • Call of duty 2 (when COD was actually good)

And...

• Metal Gear Solid 3 + Subsistence
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Ninja Gaiden + Black
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Katamari Damacy
  • Halo 2
  • San Andreas
  • Pandora Tomorrow
  • Metroid Prime 2
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Burnout Revenge
  • Paper Mario TTYD
  • Knights of the Old Republic 2
  • Unreal Tournament 2K4
  • World of Warcraft
  • Ratchet and Clank UYA
  • Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
  • Civilization IV
  • Swat 4
  • Timesplitters Future Perfect
  • Forza
  • God of War
  • Psychonauts
  • Curse of Darkness

Not all games I'm into. Probably forgetting a bunch too. Still, pretty damn stacked.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

2004 and 2005 were golden. I mean in 2 years we get

• Half life 2
  • FEAR
  • Splinter cell Chaos theory
  • Doom 3
  • Riddick EFBB
  • Hitman contracts
  • Call of duty 2 (when COD was actually good)

And...

• Metal Gear Solid 3 + Subsistence - Prefer original
  • Devil May Cry 3 - Meh
  • Ninja Gaiden + Black - dont care
  • Shadow of the Colossus - another bad game with bad camera
  • Resident Evil 4 - One of the most overrated game of its time
  • Katamari Damacy - dont care
  • Halo 2 - Halo 1 better
  • San Andreas - trash like any GTA. most overrated franchise in gaming
  • Pandora Tomorrow - original and chaos theory are better
  • Metroid Prime 2 - dont care
  • Burnout 3: Takedown - lol racing game
  • Burnout Revenge - see above
  • Paper Mario TTYD - lol mario childish
  • Knights of the Old Republic 2 - boring RPG and im star wars fan
  • Unreal Tournament 2K4 - online game dont care
  • World of Warcraft - MMO dont care
  • Ratchet and Clank UYA - childish game
  • Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines - could be great but broken game
  • Civilization IV - dont care
  • Swat 4 - Excellent game. best in list
  • Timesplitters Future Perfect - meh caartoonish fps
  • Forza - arggh racers
  • God of War - from mediocre hack n slash to now movie game
  • Psychonauts - dont care
  • Curse of Darkness - dont care

Not all games I'm into. Probably forgetting a bunch too. Still, pretty damn stacked.

see. old days also have too many bad/overrated games. "but but but mah goldan aaege"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

1990-2007

FPS getting 4 hours campaign with regen health, action games become more and more linear and scripted. also ruined Hitman and splinter cell a major stealth games turn into action game.

things started to get better after 2016 with the release of Doom, Hitman 2016, Titanfall 2, Prey, Metro exodus and others. we finally out of dark era of gaming (from 2008-2015).

Yeah 2004 was a high point for FPS: Far Cry, DOOM 3, Half Life 2, all masterclass games.

2005 had FEAR.

2007 and 2008 had Crysis and Crysis Warhead. But after that the AAA industry started focussin on graphics > everything.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner

@ghosts4ever said:

see. old days also have too many bad/overrated games. "but but but mah goldan aaege"

Well played, my friend. 😂

Still a bad take tho. Again, not all of those are games I'm into, but that's a dope list of games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ConanTheStoner

Ghosts my friend, I just noticed another layer of your fraudulence. 🤔

You like single player bad ass fps games with ultra complex maps for the thinking man. You always post those fps map layout comparisons as an argument.

But you "don't care" about Metroid Prime? Even though those games have maps that make your favorite games look like a few hallways strung together. Why?

I know it's like most of your takes, you never actually played them. Just want to ask anyways.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

1990-2007

Yeah 2004 was a high point for FPS: Far Cry, DOOM 3, Half Life 2, all masterclass games.

2005 had FEAR.

2007 and 2008 had Crysis and Crysis Warhead. But after that the AAA industry started focussin on graphics > everything.

Crysis was huge step down compare to old school PC FPS. its more play like console FPS with graphics king.

first time ever PC FPS had regen health?? overly powered? LOL.

still a very good game but not like PC gamers claiming "hurr innovative PC FPS".

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115433 Posts

I started gaming in the late 90s.
But for me the early 2000 to mid 2000 would be my sweet spot if I had to pick.
So many great games and a lot are dead now. I wish they would all make a come back but we know very well those games we want to see back won't come back.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:

Ghosts my friend, I just noticed another layer of your fraudulence. 🤔

You like single player bad ass fps games with ultra complex maps for the thinking man. You always post those fps map layout comparisons as an argument.

But you "don't care" about Metroid Prime? Even though those games have maps that make your favorite games look like a few hallways strung together. Why?

I know it's like most of your takes, you never actually played them. Just want to ask anyways.

are you really saying metroid a nintendo FPS have more complex level than Deus Ex and System shock 2? LOL!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59207 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis was huge step down compare to old school PC FPS.

Crysis was a spiritual successor to Far Cry.

It was a big step up.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

1990-2007

2005 had FEAR.

Crysis was huge step down compare to old school PC FPS. its more play like console FPS with graphics king.

still a very good game but not like PC gamers claiming "hurr innovative PC FPS".

I always play Crysis 1 on hard mode with the very hard mode Korean voice overs for maximum immersion.

So regen health doesn't bug me. Even Atomic Heart will have regen health.

But my favourite regen health system is like Medal of Honor Airborne or Resistance 3 where parts of your healthbar can regen, but you still have to rely on healthpacks and be tactical.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Crysis was huge step down compare to old school PC FPS.

Crysis was a spiritual successor to Far Cry.

It was a big step up.

Far cry 2 is huge step up.

Crysis? if it was multiplat PC gamers would hate it. its cinematic, regen health, on rail segments, 2nd half stript all openess and become linear and scripted shooter, final mission of ship was walking in straight line, fighting aliens in unfun

and PC gamers back in days thought this game is Half life. LOL!!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ghosts4ever
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

1990-2007

2005 had FEAR.

I always play Crysis 1 on hard mode with the very hard mode Korean voice overs for maximum immersion.

So regen health doesn't bug me. Even Atomic Heart will have regen health.

But my favourite regen health system is like Medal of Honor Airborne or Resistance 3 where parts of your healthbar can regen, but you still have to rely on healthpacks and be tactical.

Atomic heart have health bar system its confirmed.

Crysis 1 on delta is also easy save for tank mission.

you are overpowered all the time. useing clock and maximum armor or streght. both health and power regenerate.

replaying deus ex. when you use clock, you have to use biomentric cell to refil not power recharged.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Far Cry 2 suck, the balls my freind.

Trying to be immersive sim FPS bonanazia like Stalker, but fails due to how artificial the world feels.

Just a barrage of bots fighting in some shitty looking field.

Sucks!

Crysis is good, if imbalanced as hell. Stealth too OP.

But good balance between open-ended FPS gameplay and focused linear progression unlike Far Cry 3+ onward where it is busy-work spam.

Warhead good as well, play Jason Statham.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: Far Cry 2 suck, the balls my freind.

Trying to be immersive sim FPS bonanazia like Stalker, but fails due to how artificial the world feels.

Just a barrage of bots fighting in some shitty looking field.

Sucks!

Crysis is good, if imbalanced as hell. Stealth too OP.

But good balance between open-ended FPS gameplay and focused linear progression unlike Far Cry 3+ onward where it is busy-work spam.

Warhead good as well, play Jason Statham.

Far cry 2 was not as good as STALKER but it is closer to STALKER than far cry 3 or Crysis ever did. come on. its immersive open world FPS. no health regen or see through walls.

Crysis is good. I agree but its even less dynamic than Bioshock let alone close to FC2.

Crysis is only open ended for first hour. but game require no challange or depth at all. just overpower nanosuit where you can clock, customize weapon (another dumbed down feature, gamers too dumb to find sniper rifer or scope weapn so let press C to customize weapon).

playing STALKER that year and then play Crysis feel like playing some children game after playing mature and complex game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: If Ubicocks opened up Far Cry 2 to modding the same way Bethesda chuds did with Elder Scrolls, Far Cry 2 could have potentially become a legendry game over and above Stalker.

But alas, my freind.

Alas.

Alas Alas.

They decided to be stupid and undermine the PC coominity.

You'd think after stuff like Counterstrike, Team Fortress, League Of The Legends, DayZ etc... etc.. etc... they would learn.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@Maroxad said:

with games like Dad of War 2018 being a representation of everything wrong with gaming.

A full 20h+ single player only game with no microtransactions, loot boxes, or any other form of nickel and dime scam we see in 90% of games these days is a "representation of everything wrong with gaming" to you? You may not like the game, fair, but when you have a vast number of games that implement a ton of nickel and dime systems in order to feed the greed of this industry, calling a game like GoW a "representation of everything wrong with gaming" is just being a moronic, ignorant idiot

• Long Games are not necessarily good. Especially if pacing takes a hit. The ideal length is around 10 hours.
  • The only good point you have Loot boxes, but I don't play games with them

Now lets look at what GoW represents

• The RPGfication of gaming
  • Lack of gameplay emergence
  • Very Limited Options in moment to moment gameplay.
  • Repetitive Boss Design
  • Cinematic Game Design (not as bad as Ragnarok though 🤮)
  • Brain Dead "puzzles" that all feel the same
  • Reliance on Systems, rather than Core Mechanics
  • Lazy storytelling
  • Lazy difficulty settings that make the game more tedious, rather than providing an actual challenge.

Yes, from a business perspective, there is nothing particularly offensive about GoW2018. But from a game design perspective, the game represents everything wrong with gaming. Especially when you factor in the expansion pack sequel.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup: But still FC2 was last good ubisoft game abd probably best after chaos theory.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: My freind, you have not experienced Rayman. It's what Mario could have been if tried abit harder.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts
@Maroxad said:

@ConanTheStoner: @ghosts4ever: If 2004 and 2005 (and 2000) were like how the entirety of that decade were I would have such fond memories of that decade, but alas. I mostly remember it for the Bioshocks, the CoD4s, Uncharteds, Oblivions (including the gun mod), Dragon Age Origins, Brawls and Asscreeds.

I remember some people talking about how we were in a golden era of gaming. And I picked up maybe one 2-3 games a year.

Looking back at how bad those years were, no wonder I was into MMORPGs.

Yeah I feel like we got hit with a drought in the mid-2000's and then when the floodgates reopened, it was just a lot of crap that led to our current prediciment of few new IP's, no risk-taking, and mtx and open-world stuff.

I think the only game I really played consistently back then were older games like WoW, and Team Fortress 2.

As for my preferred era, I'd have to say 1995-2005 or so. A lot of great things happened to gaming and I remember a lot of it, was involved with a lot of it. 3D gaming become the norm, internet become adopted and used for gaming, Half-Life series, WoW, and much more.

Gaming grew a lot in that time, but it still felt warm and inviting, unlike today.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

the 90s for me

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Maroxad said:

@ConanTheStoner: @ghosts4ever: If 2004 and 2005 (and 2000) were like how the entirety of that decade were I would have such fond memories of that decade, but alas. I mostly remember it for the Bioshocks, the CoD4s, Uncharteds, Oblivions (including the gun mod), Dragon Age Origins, Brawls and Asscreeds.

I remember some people talking about how we were in a golden era of gaming. And I picked up maybe one 2-3 games a year.

Looking back at how bad those years were, no wonder I was into MMORPGs.

Yeah I feel like we got hit with a drought in the mid-2000's and then when the floodgates reopened, it was just a lot of crap that led to our current prediciment of few new IP's, no risk-taking, and mtx and open-world stuff.

I think the only game I really played consistently back then were older games like WoW, and Team Fortress 2.

As for my preferred era, I'd have to say 1995-2005 or so. A lot of great things happened to gaming and I remember a lot of it, was involved with a lot of it. 3D gaming become the norm, internet become adopted and used for gaming, Half-Life series, WoW, and much more.

Gaming grew a lot in that time, but it still felt warm and inviting, unlike today.

I played EverQuest 2, WoW and TF2.

Bleak Era for gaming. Thankully by around 2009 or so, I started finding obscure PC and Wii games. Solidifying my system preferences that remain today.