Which game takes the Greatest Flop of All Time ( GS 2023 edition )

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

daredevils2k  Online

Poll Which game takes the Greatest Flop of All Time ( GS 2023 edition ) (78 votes)

Red Fall 53%
Starfield 47%

As we all know Phil just keeps blessing us with flops after flops. Now I understand that Sony and Nintendo keeps giving their gamers high ranking games, and MS is really trying to put out an AAA game is not a flop. but sadly Phil and MS have been failing on all fronts. So it's up to us to decide which game is the Greatest Flop of all time here at GS

• 
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3473 Posts

@uitravioience: But why should I feel down about Starfield? Again, you're making no sense. Wtf

Are you having a maniac episode because of a game? Been relentlessly stalking people online and scouring the net all day because of a video game? Jebus that's sad. See ya.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70166 Posts

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: Pedro,I don't make the rules here sir!

So, the rules here are that hype determines what you should think about a game and the score determines what you feel about the game? Did I get that right?🙃

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3045 Posts

@Pedro: Like many others here at Gamespot,I wanted to see Starflop get a 10. It didn't and flopped hard with a low 7 and that sucks for the lems because I know how much it would have meant to them. This was IT for them you know? Redfall and now the fabled Starfield flopping?! It's rough for the lems. But yea. It is what it is 🤷

Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54 Bladez
Member since 2023 • 62 Posts

Starfield at least got great score. RedFall is the obvious answer.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 UItravioIence

@kathaariancode: my guy, I thought we already discussed this. I have no problem with you. Just thought maybe you were in a bad mood about Starflop and offered a hug. Everything's alright. Breath.

Dang. Can't even try to comfort Lems in this trying time. 😔

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 515 Posts

Why not add Forspoken to the poll? That game was hyped way more than Redfall and it disappointed everyone.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14820 Posts

I never heard of Redfall before it was released. The hype for Starfield was huge. Definitely flopped here. I'll check it out when it's cheap and bugs are fixed. Putting a ship together looks dope.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: Like many others here at Gamespot,I wanted to see Starflop get a 10. It didn't and flopped hard with a low 7 and that sucks for the lems because I know how much it would have meant to them. This was IT for them you know? Redfall and now the fabled Starfield flopping?! It's rough for the lems. But yea. It is what it is 🤷

Seems like it is "affecting" Sony fannies more than anyone else. After all, you were the one expecting a 10.🤷🏽‍♂️

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@dabear,@Pedro@kvallyx@kathaariancode@qui-gon-milk@HalcyonScarlet@last_lap @SecretPolice

to think just last week these were the game people who were claiming that Starflop would be in the 90's on metacric and now look at them,desperately clutching to mid 80's on Metacritic. I guess desperate times comes for desperate measures

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 UItravioIence

@Pedro: it's nice to want things,Pedro! But we can't always get what we want 🤷

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pedro
@daredevils2k said:

@dabear,@Pedro@kvallyx@kathaariancode@qui-gon-milk@HalcyonScarlet@last_lap @SecretPolice

to think just last week these were the game people who were claiming that Starflop would be in the 90's on metacric and now look at them,desperately clutching to mid 80's on Metacritic. I guess desperate times comes for desperate measures

Weird. Can you find when I stated Starfield was going to be in 90s? I will wait.🤭

I know that your thread being locked the last time really burns.😎

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45375 Posts

@Pedro: u've been rekt

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: it's nice to want things,Pedro! But we can't always get what we want 🤷

Maybe you shouldn't be banking on a game being 10 and then being disappointed when strangers tell you otherwise.🤭

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 daredevils2k  Online
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

Weird. Can you find when I stated Starfield was going to be in 90s? I will wait.🤭

Not as much as seeing all these flops back to back that MS keeps pushing out that's for sure. man watching you lems go into overtime defending these flops is free comedy at its best😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@daredevils2k said:

Not as much as seeing all these flops back to back that MS keeps pushing out that's for sure. man watching you lems go into overtime defending these flops is free comedy at its best😎

Can't find that 90s claim I see.🤭

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 UItravioIence

@Pedro: kind of like people being disappointed with 7 here but then being happy with a 10 at a different site by a stranger telling them? People want what they want I guess 🤷

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pedro
@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: kind of like people being disappointed with 7 here but then being happy with a 10 at a different site by a stranger telling them? People want what they want I guess 🤷

This isn't about other people. This about you expecting Starfield to be a 10 and a stranger telling you otherwise.😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

You have list of people that said 90s on metacritic?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44423 Posts

Ultraviolence sure has been losing his mind today. Cows have literally been coming out of the woodwork today. 😅

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 daredevils2k  Online

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

this is why Lems are the best. they can't gracefully take a L, they always want to keep defending a team that comes in last place each month. Instead of demanding MS givve them better games, they just accept Sh!t that MS gives them. but hey i guess you can play Sh!t on day one .

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

this is why Lems are the best. they can't gracefully take a L, they always want to keep defending a team that comes in last place each month. Instead of demanding MS givve them better games, they just accept Sh!t that MS gives them. but hey i guess you can play Sh!t on day one .

So you choose lying and deflecting when a game scores so good?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 UItravioIence

@Pedro: But Pedro, it can also be about other people. That's the best part! We're all in this together. If Starfield has done just one thing right,it's teaching us that just because Bad-thesda made a huge FLOP , everything is gonna be alright. Who knows, in 2033 when their next game comes out it might just get an 8! 🫢😮

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1024 Posts

Ehh...this is a flop?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 UItravioIence

@robertos: Correct. Gamespot gave a Bethesda new IP a 7. Absolutely you are right. It FLOPPED. hard. The lems are not taking it well. 😔🚀🔥💥

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1024 Posts

@uitravioience said:

@robertos: Correct. Gamespot gave a Bethesda new IP a 7. Absolutely you are right. It FLOPPED. hard. The lems are not taking it well. 😔🚀🔥💥

88% at MC/OC isn't that bad. It's actually good.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5280 Posts

I never thought several years ago that flop means that a game did not meet gamer expectations. I thought flop means that a product did not meet sales expectations (what gamers or professional reviewers think is irrelevant).

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8888 Posts

@daredevils2k: Yeah, I did predict 90s and its in the 80s.

Oh, my God! The horror!

Bro, I already said the review was disappointing, and that this is an "L".

You're the clown giving ammunition out like it's candy, acting like it's a 4/10 game.

The reviews are in - its an 87/100 game on MC. It's not the epic victory you think it is, bro. I'll be having fun playing it for years, can you say the same?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 UItravioIence

@robertos: I agree.at MC that is a good score. I'm just going by the score here at gamespot. And unfortunately Gamespot gave it a low low FLOPPY 7. It sucks because Bethesda used to make good games. I'm not really sure what's going on with them. We'll find out in 10 years if their next game can score better here at gamespot.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1276 Posts

Redfail is the worse game, but S7arfield's hype warrants the flop.

It's S7arfield.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12351 Posts

Redfall has a 56MC. 56.

We haven't seen a flop that big since like Lair PS3.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#82  Edited By dracula_16  Online
Member since 2005 • 16030 Posts

I would say Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. Not because of the scores it got, 'cause they weren't terrible; but because of the hollow level design, the character design [in terms of what their personalities were like], the non-existent story, the uninspired challenges that you have to do to challenge a gym leader. If I go to a gym, I don't think it's all that picky to expect a gosh darn gym battle! away with this DDR mess that one gym had; it's a mess.

But the worst thing was in terms of how it performed [in a technical sense]. The textures popped in & and out all the time and the frame-rate is the worst I've experienced in this generation of consoles. There's one section in which you have to find these 'Sun Floras' that are scattered around a city. It sank down into the single digits (of frames per second). I am but one small voice, so Nintendo will not care about what some crazy fanboy like me thinks, but still, it seems like they care more about making a quick buck than delivering a decent game.

I pray that next time they deliver, 'cause Scarlet/Violet was a disaster.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UItravioIence

@Nonstop-Madness: that's crazy. Good on Redfall for achieving that!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 daredevils2k  Online

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

So you choose lying and deflecting when a game scores so good?

Hey if you're happy with a game that has been in development for 7-8 years now and had tons of delays and ends up with as 7 here at GS , then more merrier to you all. Im out , Peace

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dabear

@daredevils2k: It's funny how you haters keep only mentioning the GS score, when it's already been established that Metacritic is all that matters.

It's an 87/100 on metacritic.

Deal with it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39650 Posts

@dabear said:

@daredevils2k: It's funny how you haters keep only mentioning the GS score, when it's already been established that Metacritic is all that matters.

It's an 87/100 on metacritic.

Deal with it.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dabear

@hardwenzen: Again, yall made the rule that ALL THAT MATTERS IS METACRITIC, not me. You don't get to move the goal posts to suit your argument.

87/100 on Metacritic. Deal with it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

@dabear: yep aggregate scores matter the most. Open critic and meta all put this game as AAA.

Xbox fans are eating good.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56323 Posts

Redfall was a massive flop. Not sure why would anyone say Starfield flop when it's getting raving reviews. What a silly thread to say😅

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Again, yall made the rule that ALL THAT MATTERS IS METACRITIC, not me. You don't get to move the goal posts to suit your argument.

87/100 on Metacritic. Deal with it.

Stop damage controlling. A 7 is a 7.

25 years in the making. The most important game in Xbox history is a 7/10.

Suicide watch is ON.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dabear

@hardwenzen: Sure, bro. Sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Sure, bro. Sure.

Genuinely have no idea how you'll be sleeping tonight. Literally years of your life were invested into hyping and damage controlling this game, and all of it for what? A 7/10? Gamepass quality for ya🤷‍♂️

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 448 Posts

Starfield was suppose to be game of the generation. The absolute reason to own the Xbox. Supposed to be Game of the year in this star studded year. Yet it scored a 7 on here and high 80 on meta. Critically it didn't meet expectations.

LEMS claim HFW was a flop, Ghost was a flop, FF16 a flop which all scored around or above Starfield here and Meta..... if those are "Flops" and not Starfield, ima need some explanations

Redfall wasn't a flop. It's exactly what we thought it was

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

All of that and you still can't find that 90s claim.😂

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: But Pedro, it can also be about other people. That's the best part! We're all in this together. If Starfield has done just one thing right,it's teaching us that just because Bad-thesda made a huge FLOP , everything is gonna be alright. Who knows, in 2033 when their next game comes out it might just get an 8! 🫢😮

It can but I wasn't talking about other people.🙃 I am not the one who was expecting the game to a 10 and the a stranger told you otherwise.😎

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 UItravioIence

@Pedro: Pedro, I'm just messing around with you. Surely you had to have known that from my ridiculous comments all day 😂

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I predicted a 9 on Gamespot and 92 on MC...lmao. Not sure why you're insinuating I'm a lem? I wouldn't touch this shit on consoles with 30 frames 😂 I'm a hermit and like I said, I still plan on playing this. You need to quit being such a dumbass around these forums, I know the amount of threads you have had locked here in the past is equivalent to your IQ but come on brother

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Pedro

@uitravioience said:

@Pedro: Pedro, I'm just messing around with you. Surely you had to have known that from my ridiculous comments all day 😂

And I am playing along. Well, until you just killed.😵‍💫

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 UItravioIence

@Pedro: I figured 😆

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6562 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

last_lap

I predicted a 7 in THIS very thread 11 days ago.

"I think Gamespot will give it a 7.

I don't really care about the score, I will check out the GOTY edition in a couple of years like I do for Bethesda titles. I just finished the F4 GOTY edition last year, so I'm in no hurry for another 200hr Bethesda game."

I also predicted a 7 in THIS thread 2 days ago.

"It's Gamespot, and their reviews are all over the place like a mad women's shit.

I think GS will give it a 7, will it deserve that score, well that's another story altogether.

I will find out for myself in a couple of years."

Now instead of throwing out baseless accusations like a dumbarse, use your brain for once because we all know the biggest flop was The Last Of Us 2 ouch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56323 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Redfall has a 56MC. 56.

We haven't seen a flop that big since like Lair PS3.

@uitravioience said:

@Nonstop-Madness: that's crazy. Good on Redfall for achieving that!

Back than, Redfall wasn't the AAA game everyone was hyping to be. It was always Starfield. I'm just surprised Redfall got that much attention than the average Xbox fan thought it would.