Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who will win E3? (73 votes)

Nintendo - Switch Pro rumors, upcoming games, Nintendo needs to make some big announcements! 27%
Xbox - possible acquisitions, more Bethesda news, GamePass announcements. Xbox needs a big E3! 42%
PlayStation - Nintendo and Xbox shows fail to deliver enough to stop the Sony hype train. 30%

I think this will be a decent E3, at least I hope so. Nintendo has been kind of meh lately. I love my Switch, but what happened to Nintendo making some big announcements like Bayonetta 3 in 2017? At least deliver on the Switch Pro rumors lol. Get people excited again! And Xbox, I think Xbox will have a good show. If the rumors of another acquisition are true, that will definitely get people talking. But who will it be? I think if it was Sega, it'd be a shocker. But I'm not sure why MS would buy a Japanese company. If the show becomes too focused on GamePass, I will get bored. I hope they start talking about upcoming games. Give us some big announcements already. None of this 2024 stuff lol. And finally, if Nintendo and Xbox fail to deliver, it could put a W in the win column for Sony. The PS5 is on fire and we've already had some quality titles for the system. Looking forward to Ratchet and hopefully Horizon this year!

So what do you think, SW? Who will win E3?

• 
Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Looking forward to seeing if Nintendo can get some big games out in the next 8 months besides Pokemon.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@zaryia said:

PC, as usual.

Right off the bat the Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Activision presentation will be 100% a PC Presentations with every single game being played on PC, on top of PC having it's own named presentation (which usually sucks, but who cares when you have 4 other shows on 1 platform). Nearly every game at the show, like the last 8 years, will be displayed using PC. Except for a literal handful of PS/N "exclusives". The Sony show will be 90% a PC presentation as usual, with 1 or 2 movie game non gamer exclusives sprinkled in. And who gives a shit about the Nintendo presentation we're not 12.

how is this a problem? It's not like game developers use consoles to build a game.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Xbox if they get things right with pacing.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#54 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

E3 is shit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Xbox if they get things right with pacing.

Just don't hold your breath.
Just don't hold your breath.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Of the big 2 (sony isn't there. cant win if you are not in)

i would certainly think MS should be able to win it with all the acquisitions and IP they have on hand now combined with how quiet they have been on the new games front for the last while. it depends on how daring they want to be. Do they just want to announce stuff they will release this year or will they give us more of a taste of things to come for the next 2-3 years.

As usual its hard to say with nintendo. they could blow it out of the water or turn up to the wrong venue with the wrong equipment...:S. they have also been quiet though. their output for the last 2 years or so now has been very low (and some of it is very basic efforts like the switch port of galaxy). so they have been quiet which means they could be full of surprises.

its hard to say with the switch pro also. i think its going to fall short of the rumors (DLSS, 4K all that. not happening i dont think). it could very well just be a more minimal revision with a nicer screen and a revised SOC and bigger battery to increase the battery life.

i think it could very well be someone like ubisoft that takes it this year though. someone outside the big 3.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

Wont be Sony, they chickened out again.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I know it will not be Microsoft they suck and never win anything. So either Sony or nintendo but that depends on if like Sony does a big state of play after e3 or something.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:

I know it will not be Microsoft they suck and never win anything. So either Sony or nintendo but that depends on if like Sony does a big state of play after e3 or something.

Oh look, another alt...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:

Protoss Rush? 😄

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@zeldabotw2 said:

Protoss Rush? 😄

?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: 🤣 You sound like such an edgy 12 year old, " I don't play kiddie games, I'm mature, mom make me more pizza bites"!

Please stop shit posting.

Thank you.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

My guess sits with Xbox since they are the only real show.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

Though Sony won't attend, they currently have the most momentum. The only drawback to Sony, explicitly in terms of hype, is that I believe everything big they have coming out over the next year or two is already announced.

Learning just how much remote working delayed Nintendo's games will be a big factor for them. The Odyssey team are due for an announcement. None of us know if we'll ever hear anything about Metroid Prime 4 ever again. We're approaching the window where a new Zelda game should be coming out, but everybody should have learned by now that Zelda's going to get delayed twice from the initial release window.

One of these years, we'll likely see the payoff of all these studios MS has acquired. It could be this year, but I've been disappointed with MS's software offerings since the Xbox 360, unfortunately. A solid showing from Halo, Fable, and at least one game from their newly acquired studios could give them some momentum.