blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16571 Posts

It honestly kind of ruins the game for me. I know some people love exploring, but for me not so much, especially when the area is so big, and its annoying af to go around looking for the next spot, searching through all the houses, getting lost. Its tedious, and a game of this caliber, TLOU doesn't have a map system is just pathetic. Maybe some people disagree, thats fine but for me a map is absolutely vital.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Put on the waypoint marker in accessibility options. I assume you're playing TLOU2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

TLOU2 being so big? Don't think we played the same game. Do you also need a ticc green arrow telling you where to go?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blaznwiipspman1

@freedomfreak said:

Put on the waypoint marker in accessibility options. I assume you're playing TLOU2.

yes I am. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaznwiipspman1
@hardwenzen said:

TLOU2 being so big? Don't think we played the same game. Do you also need a ticc green arrow telling you where to go?

the world in tlou2 is bigger than tlou1, thats just a fact. I've never been a huge fan of huge open worlds, its just time consuming and tedious going through all the houses searching for supplies to create health kits, or bombs, then getting lost. I find it a pita without a map system.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

the world in tlou2 is bigger than tlou1, thats just a fact. I've never been a huge fan of huge open worlds, its just time consuming and tedious going through all the houses searching for supplies to create health kits, or bombs, then getting lost. I find it a pita without a map system.

And what is this supposed to mean? TLOU1 is a linear game. Might as well be as linear as CoD. Makes no sense that you're asking for a map in a game like this. I can only imagine how lost you're in a Souls game.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

I am a fan of maps in games but for me personally, I don't think these particular two games need them. Yes there is a bit of exploring to do but the game is designed in such a way it funnels you through to the next objective. There are multiple "playthru style" areas but they all eventually end up going to the same location to reach completion.

The game is a decent size but for me I never got lost in it due to the size. It more felt like "Hey do you want to explore this area for some extra goodies" or move to the goal line. I have never found myself lost in either game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

You need a map to see how shallow it is lol.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mobius_basic

@i_p_daily said:

Just like how you need one to go around a track @i_p_daily? Sorry that was a softball ...no hard feelings.

You racing:

Me for reals hoping that IP Daily doesn't catch me:

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: the first game doesn’t need it. For the second, as someone mentioned, turn on the waypoint assist in accessibility options. It’s a godsend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mobius_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

Just like you need one to go around a track? Sorry that was a softball IP Daily...no hard feelings.

You racing:

Me for reals hoping that IP Daily doesn't catch me:

I seem to have hurt your feelings, maybe you should play games that aren't so shallow like TLOU 2 :)

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mobius_basic

@i_p_daily

You hurt my feelings? Seriously you don't actually believe that....get a sense of humor. My comment was in pure fun and joking.

Post up some pics of you racing and on the track. You seem to have a lot to say on the matter. I was merely giving you a hard time since you always tout how you really like racing games.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2253 Posts

Lol... there is litterally only one way through the entire TLOU 2 map, what on earth would you need a map for??

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

A map system would ruin the immersion in my opinion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

its just time consuming and tedious going through all the houses searching for supplies to create health kits, or bombs

agreed. beyond tedious

che5ter666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 che5ter666
Member since 2004 • 703 Posts

Think the only area that you could consider needing a map, you have one, for the Seattle ‘open’ area where Ellie marks off places and buildings once you’ve been to them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

In the next game, if there is one, they better go semi open world. If they do, the kind of map you get in the Silent Hill games or what we got on the horse section would be nice.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45290 Posts

You think in the middle of a zombie epidemic you're just going to find a convenient map that will tell you where everything is? Get outta here!!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

Because movies don't need maps.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PC_Rocks
@SolidGame_basic said:

You think in the middle of a zombie epidemic you're just going to find a convenient map that will tell you where everything is? Get outta here!!

True, it's not realistic unlike having x-ray vision to show where enemies are.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Tlou2 has a map.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

And what is this supposed to mean? TLOU1 is a linear game. Might as well be as linear as CoD. Makes no sense that you're asking for a map in a game like this. I can only imagine how lost you're in a Souls game.

its sometimes easy to get lost, or miss a few areas that you didn't explore. After playing and beating jedi fallen order and the beautiful map system, it annoys me that naughty dog didn't include a map system in their games. It would have made a big difference in enjoyability. Also I agree TLOU1 is pretty linear, but even it would have benefited from a map.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@pc_rocks said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

True, it's not realistic unlike having x-ray vision to show where enemies are.

lmao!! Pretty much this...or having to create shivs as knives that break after 2 or 3 uses because of durability issues. Then in TLOU2 abandon that system and give ellie a knife with infinite uses.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1
@MirkoS77 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: the first game doesn’t need it. For the second, as someone mentioned, turn on the waypoint assist in accessibility options. It’s a godsend.

I didn't know about this feature, thanks! Waypoint isn't the same as a detailed map, but its great to have some sort of compass though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mobius_basic: C'mon man its ok to feel hurt over TLOU2 being shallow, and you say i don't have a sense of humour lol.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mobius_basic

@I_P_Daily: I am devastated by the shallowness. I ball my eyes out everytime I look at the game's box. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mobius_basic: We live in hard times, best to have some fun, except if you're playing TLOU2 as that's too shallow to have fun in :)

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mobius_basic

@I_P_Daily: I can agree with that! Especially during these times.

I do like to hang in the shallow end of the pool and enjoy a drink. Maybe that's why I like TLOU so much???

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Naughty Dog's games are linear and very heavily scripted to draw more attention to the story telling and set pieces. A mapping system is fairly moot considering the contained environments.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mobius_basic: I heard drinking is helpful as you often have your hands free in that game, i mean with the 10hrs of cutscenes and all, that you need to come up with your own entertainment :(

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Lol turn on easy mode you noob

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

They should enable a map system for handicaps. I'm not joking. Make it optional if that wasn't obvious.

I'm all game for options for handicapped/disabled gamers.

Take it to the next level and put a happy mode where you don't kill and gore anyone but that's a long shot lol

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blaznwiipspman1

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Naughty Dog's games are linear and very heavily scripted to draw more attention to the story telling and set pieces. A mapping system is fairly moot considering the contained environments.

I just played through fallen order, a very linear game, and it has a really cool map system.

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I think both games are perfect without a map.

A map would be useless since it’s pretty hard to get lost.

As for me, even when I knew were to go, I would still explore every inch of the game to make sure I did everything.

Plus I love both games so much, that I would explore everything in the game cause I didn’t wanted to finished the game.

I do wish both games were bigger, since both were super short, or maybe it was because I really enjoyed them

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10629 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Well then the competing "games" have to get better, so that people wouldn't be so inclined to watch Sony's "movies" over playing the competition "games".

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Seattle section is incredibly tedious, but it's fairly brief and the game goes back to being a series of indoor and outdoor corridors. And you do have a map for the Seattle section. It's in your journal or you should just be able to tap the touch pad to bring it up.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I hate games that don't have maps and very clear directions on where to go next. I would rather watch paint dry than take a vague bit of information and explore randomly trying to figure out where to go next. It makes me wonder how I ever made it through all those RPG's on the PS1 back in the day.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks

@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

Well then the competing "games" have to get better, so that people wouldn't be so inclined to watch Sony's "movies" over playing the competition "games".

Are you trying to say Sony non-games are more popular or better than other games? Hate to break it to you but none of Sony's titles come anywhere close to the popular games in world, like not even light years close. ROFLMAO!

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Do you need a map to help you navigate around the house too? Or the grocery store?

TLoU2 is not open-world, it does not need a map lol.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Yeah, a map could be beneficial. At least an option would be nice. That stated, I enjoyed it plenty w/o one.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ermacness

@pc_rocks said:
@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

Are you trying to say Sony non-games are more popular or better than other games? Hate to break it to you but none of Sony's titles come anywhere close to the popular games in world, like not even light years close. ROFLMAO!

Tell that to the countless GOTY awards and praises that most of these "movies" gets in comparison to the competition. I'm not saying that they're the best, but only a die hard anti Sony troll would try to deny that most of Sony's "movie" games are usually mentioned when describing the best of that particular gen or even genre.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PC_Rocks

@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

Tell that to the countless GOTY awards and praises that most of these "movies" gets in comparison to the competition. I'm not saying that they're the best, but only a die hard anti Sony troll would try to deny that most of Sony's "movie" games are usually mentioned when describing the best of that particular gen or even genre.

Countless GOTY! LMAO, that's the best you can come up with to defend the quality? The people who plays mhe most popular games don't give two sh*ts about GOTY awards or even know there are one. That sh*t is for insecure internet nerds like you who generates the ad revenue for sources like that.

If there was an iota of quality in Sony games they would have withstood the test of time like other 'competitive' games you're harping on about. All Sony games are one and done and die soon after release. Even your die hard fellow cows don't go back to their precious exclusives once they are through with it once.

Remain mad, none, literally none of the Sony games are best at anything let alone in the genre or gen. You can boil down to mechanics, production values, story whatever and Sony games will still lose as they are just imitations of others best work. ROFLMAO!

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#43 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

The open world part does have a map and it works fine. You just have to slow down and look for areas to explore. Climb up on cars and find openings. Its all there!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

TLOU 2 does have the map for the open downtown Seattle section of the game

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ermacness

@pc_rocks said:
@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

Countless GOTY! LMAO, that's the best you can come up with to defend the quality? The people who plays mhe most popular games don't give two sh*ts about GOTY awards or even know there are one. That sh*t is for insecure internet nerds like you who generates the ad revenue for sources like that.

If there was an iota of quality in Sony games they would have withstood the test of time like other 'competitive' games you're harping on about. All Sony games are one and done and die soon after release. Even your die hard fellow cows don't go back to their precious exclusives once they are through with it once.

Remain mad, none, literally none of the Sony games are best at anything let alone in the genre or gen. You can boil down to mechanics, production values, story whatever and Sony games will still lose as they are just imitations of others best work. ROFLMAO!

What a lovely essay you wrote there, I surely hope that you feel better getting that all out in the open. Just to sit here and imagine all those sleepless nights you endured keeping all of that in. I wouldn't ever waste a paragraph let alone 3 paragraphs on something I hated.

Anyhow, as passionate as your essay was, it doesn't change the fact that numerous of Sony's exclusives have won multiple awards (including GOTY) and have crossed milestones in sales. You may have any and all kinds of excuses and opinions about it, it still doesn't change those in this reality. However you're more than welcome to make up your individual reality if you want to, it is your God given right.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#46 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Friendly reminder the gameplay of TLOU is entirely an afterthought

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

TLOU2 has really good gameplay, along with really solid enemy AI and level design. Very few games this year, if any, reach that level.

Which is why the hate for TLoU2 is specially hilarious. I mean, people complain about Sony games having bad gameplay and being just about story. TLoU2 offers really polished, precise and dynamic gameplay and people hate on TLoU2 because the of story. Gamers are a special kind. <3

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#48  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I just played through fallen order, a very linear game, and it has a really cool map system.

That's nice, and sounds equally unnecessary but I haven't played Fallen Order to confirm.

@turtlethetaffer said:

Friendly reminder the gameplay of TLOU is entirely an afterthought

Naughty Dog is more style over substance.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PC_Rocks

@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

What a lovely essay you wrote there, I surely hope that you feel better getting that all out in the open. Just to sit here and imagine all those sleepless nights you endured keeping all of that in. I wouldn't ever waste a paragraph let alone 3 paragraphs on something I hated.

Anyhow, as passionate as your essay was, it doesn't change the fact that numerous of Sony's exclusives have won multiple awards (including GOTY) and have crossed milestones in sales. You may have any and all kinds of excuses and opinions about it, it still doesn't change those in this reality. However you're more than welcome to make up your individual reality if you want to, it is your God given right.

Tsk tsk tsk...keep crying son that cop-out act don't work on me especially when you wrote an essay your self because of being a but*thurt cow. Remain mad that no amount of deflection will change the fact that none of the competing games are trying to copy Sony games but it's actually the other way around. Feel free to refute it or continue to live in the alternate reality.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ermacness

@pc_rocks said:
@ermacness said:
@pc_rocks said:

Tsk tsk tsk...keep crying son that cop-out act don't work on me especially when you wrote an essay your self because of being a but*thurt cow. Remain mad that no amount of deflection will change the fact that none of the competing games are trying to copy Sony games but it's actually the other way around. Feel free to refute it or continue to live in the alternate reality.

Oh really??!!!

The whole Tomb Raider rebooted series plays much closer to Uncharted than to it's original formula.

Go home, you're drunk.

😆