Would you be cool with MS putting gamepass on Playstation/Switch?

• 73 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Would you be cool with MS putting gamepass on Playstation/Switch? (61 votes)

Yeah that would be great! 66%
No should only be on xbox and PC 23%
Master Chiefs Metal Rear End 11%

Would you like to see gamepass on Playstation or Switch?

Why or why not?

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

More games to play is always good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Yes, I would be cool with that.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

I wouldn't care either way, I really don't like this subscription services.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39385 Posts

When this happens, can you imagine how irrelevant the Xbox brand becomes? As is, if you have a pc, its the most useless system we've ever gotten between ms, sony, nintendo and sega. If/when all their games and gamepass comes to nintendo and sony, it will be an unbeatable waste of plastic.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts

Umm NO!

LMFAO why would anyone want to support the thing that killed xbox on their own devices which have already found great success competing the traditional way?

That's like asking a perfectly healthy person would that they like to have a lump of cancer transplanted in them that just killed someone else.

NO one wants that shit on other platforms now except xbox fans because misery loves company.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@above_average: gamepass is on PC and PC gamers aren't bitchin

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Sure. Wouldn't use it there either, but I wouldn't be against it as I'm neither a fanboy or an idiot.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
@sargentd said:

PC is an open source device without a parent company and no direct support system to drive it's make up so there was nothing to "kill" so to speak regarding the PC.

PS and Switch are consoles with parent companies to drive their ecosystem so there is no comparison to PC here.

Also, there is no benefit to having GP on PlayStation because PS+ already has a better selection of games to begin with.

Notice it's you, an xbox fan, who's asking this question and not a Nintendo or PS guy....so yeah!

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By above_average
@Litchie said:

Sure. Wouldn't use it there either, but I wouldn't be against it as I'm neither a fanboy or an idiot.

You've been supporting MS and all their nonsense for a while now while bashing Sony and all their games any chance you could so It turns out you're exactly what you claim you are not.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Litchie
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

You've been supporting MS and all their nonsense for a while now while bashing Sony and all their games any chance you could so It turns out you're exactly what you claim you are not.

I have? Where?

Oh, nevermind. Speaking of idiots and fanboys..

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 above_average

@Litchie said:
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

I have? Where?

Oh, nevermind. This post comes from an idiot fanboy. No wonder all of it is wrong.

Continue to cope and seethe. Your angry flaming rolls off my back like water on a ducks feathers.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Litchie
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

I have? Where?

Oh, nevermind. This post comes from an idiot fanboy. No wonder all of it is wrong.

Continue to cope and seethe. Your angry flaming rolls off my back like water on a ducks feathers.

lol. I know it doesn't. Please continue to fanboy. It's very amsusing to read.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Of course. You know me, I dislike exclusivity...especially with games in general, but also services to an extent too, I suppose. If Game Pass brings both more games and a different service to a new audience, then I am 100% in favor of it.

Will never happen, though; Sony would be committing suicide by pulling that move. The only money you'd have to give Sony at that point would be the initial console purchase; after that, you wouldn't have to really give them a dime except for the one or two exclusives they get each year.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:

No, no we are not 😀😁😃😄

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

More money means more profit which means Xbox win

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 above_average

@mrbojangles25 said:

Of course. You know me, I dislike exclusivity...especially with games in general, but also services to an extent too, I suppose. If Game Pass brings both more games and a different service to a new audience, then I am 100% in favor of it.

Will never happen, though; Sony would be committing suicide by pulling that move. The only money you'd have to give Sony at that point would be the initial console purchase; after that, you wouldn't have to really give them a dime except for the one or two exclusives they get each year.

@saint-george said:

lol like I said, a bunch of xbox dudes the only one's wishing or asking for this. Nah, ya'll can keep it. It's done wonders for your xbox platform

JayDomK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JayDomK
Member since 2024 • 4 Posts

@sakaixx said:

More games to play is always good.

I'm of the same opinion. The old games are getting boring.

Hello, everyone!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17848 Posts

Of course I would be cool with it. It's all about the games and the more people that can play them, the better.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 above_average

Why this thread is dumb?

The game are ALREADY COMING to those systems!

So, why are people trying to lump "GAMEPASS" in the same breath "getting more games" as if it will be needed to play those games on other systems anyway?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@above_average said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@saint-george said:

lol like I said, a bunch of xbox dudes the only one's wishing or asking for this. Nah, ya'll can keep it. It's done wonders for your xbox platform

I'm "an xbox dude"?

Wow, first I'm hearing about it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Litchie
@above_average said:

Why this thread is dumb?

So, why are people trying to lump "GAMEPASS" in the same breath "getting more games" as if it will be needed to play those games on other systems anyway?

All games on gamepass are already coming to Switch and PS outside of gamepass? Now you're so upset you don't even know what you're saying.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Litchie
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm "an xbox dude"?

Wow, first I'm hearing about it.

He's a Sony fanboy that is currently very upset. Everyone who doesn't agree with him right now is Team Xbox.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I cant see SONY or Nintendo agreeing with this... the vast majority of the money would go to MS and the two of them would only be cutting the profit they received from full game sales. Unless MS only demanded like 20 percent this would never work... and even then wouldn't make any sense for MS.

While I don't think it would necessarily be the worst thing in the world, I feel as though there is no shot in hell this would ever happen. That is essentially giving the keys to MS when they're about to throw in the towel. It would take some crazy witchcraft for MS to convince either of them that it would be beneficial to them, and seeing as how they are going to be releasing their once exclusive titles on other platforms soon otherwise... well they don't even have the bargaining chip that people would subscribe because it would be the only way to get Xbox games on another console...

I can't envision this, but I can see MS making what is essentially a Steam Machine and partnering with either Steam or Epic (instead of SONY or Nin)... that would make a lot more sense.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the first console manufacturer to make a hybrid PC/console with PC launchers and console interface and accessibility, ease of use, and better security from hackers/cheaters will win the console wars.

We've seen hybrid handheld/Docked consoles, the next is hybrid Console/PC. If either MS or SONY make a deal with one of the two I see the other making a deal with the remaining option. Of course then again... one could just make their OWN launcher and simply compete against Steam and Epic as well... maybe partner with GoG? Who knows... either way it's probably only a matter of time before the integration happens and things come full circle.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@mrbojangles25: In the troubled world of Sony fannies you are either for Sony or an Xbox fanboy.😂 It has been this way for years

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45317 Posts

Welp, just comes to show what Lems truly think about the Xbox.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Make it happen Uncle Phil.

Finally, cows would know what it feels like to have new games in abundance and the best bang for the buck in gaming...

lol :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Doesn't matter to me at all if they come to ps it would lower the need of buying another system to play ms games.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17850 Posts

Sure. I still wouldn't subscribe personally but more choice is nice.

I'm just wondering how it could be pitched to Sony/Nintendo to allow it though. What's in it for them? People buying a bunch of PSs, buying the odd PS exclusive and subscribing to Gamepass for everything else would be highly damaging to my (as Sony) business for example.

There is no question MS want it to happen. They want Gamepass everywhere because it makes sense for them to have that. But, at the moment, it just doesn't make any sense for Sony and Nintendo to allow it.

If i was them, the only way I would even consider it is if MS were prepared to cough up 50% + of their gamepass revenue every year AND hand over usage/marketing statistics from all games used through Gamepass.....AND a pony. Even then...losing out on my 30% cut from 3rd party sales and money from licensing fees and the drop in PSN/nintendo online subs (The former I think has more than Gamepass too)...it's a tough sell.

But yeah, from the end customers point of view it would be nice to have the option.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

If sony and nintendo agree to put gamepass on its system, first thing MS will do is to ditch the xbox brand. I dont see it happening.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

To me, the Xbox brand is about the services and software, not the hardware.

I would love it personally, already subbed for gamepass. And I wouldnt mind playing Ori on my Switch.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Nothing against it.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

Nintendo is unlikely due to the lack of crossover between Game Pass titles and games with Switch ports. But PlayStation is NOT going to trip over themselves to allow a subscription service that contains games that PlayStation sells on their own store. EA and Ubisoft only allow demos and discounts of new titles. Day and date is where the majority of the money is made. Game Pass eats into that money. Don’t believe me now?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 above_average

@Litchie said:
@above_average said:

Why this thread is dumb?

All games on gamepass are already coming to Switch and PS outside of gamepass? Now you're so upset you don't even know what you're saying.

MOST games on gamepass are ALREADY on PS you nimrod!

The very few games that aren't already on PS is what we are talking about and those are the games that MS is talking about giving to PS5 natively.

See, this is what I'm talking about with shoving your head up MS's ass looking for gold but then pretending you aren't another shill.

You clearly don't know what the hell you're saying talking as if gamepass somehow has a huge catalog of amazing games PS5 doesn't have access to GTFOH

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 above_average
@SolidGame_basic said:

Welp, just comes to show what Lems truly think about the Xbox.

They literally went from praising Gamepass as this amazing thing that was their reason for choosing Xbox to DESPERATELY wanting that shit on PS and Nintendo systems and are MAD we don't want it. LMFAO you can't make this shit up.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SecretPolice

Why is it that cows are always so angry and upset 24/7 lashing out like their mother or wife was insulted? ;o

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#36 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@SecretPolice: It is their perpetual state. The angriest faction. 😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By above_average
@ghostofgolden said:

Nintendo is unlikely due to the lack of crossover between Game Pass titles and games with Switch ports. But PlayStation is NOT going to trip over themselves to allow a subscription service that contains games that PlayStation sells on their own store. EA and Ubisoft only allow demos and discounts of new titles. Day and date is where the majority of the money is made. Game Pass eats into that money. Don’t believe me now?

But why is it all these Pro Xbox/MS dudes the ones begging for this shit? Their desperation is palpable.

Misery loves company.

Literally no one is asking for Gamepass to be on any other platforms in the gaming space now other than these xbox/MS refugees.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice

@Pedro:

And all over something as trivial as VG's. ;o

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

@above_average said:
@ghostofgolden said:

But why is it all these Pro Xbox/MS dudes the ones begging for this shit? Their desperation is palpable.

Misery loves company.

Literally no one is asking for Gamepass to be on any other platforms in the gaming space now other than these xbox/MS refugees.

The Xbox PR and social media fanatics convinced folks of this gaming utopia where gamers could play more games for less money. “As a consumer I don’t care about financials, only games.” The financials directly impact the games you goofs. When something seems like it’s too good to be true, it is. That saying is undefeated. By not buying Xbox games, Lems inadvertently killed the current Xbox strategy and may have doomed the brand as a whole.

How does Xbox PR/Marketing fix this mess? And the Xbox Twitter/Youtube personalities… Lmao! They got TimDog out there telling folks to buy the PS5 Pro and he took Xbox off his profiles. The Xbox banner has been replaced by a picture of a cheeseburger lol. Their channels are ruined

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I would be ok with it. Still wouldn't subscribe, but im sure some people would enjoy it

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8271 Posts

yep.. 😎👍

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

Sure. But there's zero chance Sony/Nintendo would openly permit third parties to bypass their platform license arrangement and forfeit the proceeds to MS.

If MS ever gets GamePass on other platforms, it will only be able to offer a select set of games from its own catalog, third party titles will be disallowed. That is, unless the FTC gets aggressive about breaking down walled gardens, then things might be different.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I wouldn't care since I don't use the service at all, and have no problem with others getting access to more games on what they play on. Sony and Nintendo would though. Adding a competitor's service would give a slice of the pie to them, and potentially take away game sales/services that they would have made, ie Persona 3 reloaded would give Sony that 30% cut selling on PSN, but if gamepass is available on Playstation, they get gamepass and play persona 3 reloaded without sony's cut, and Microsoft gets it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

yes and vice versa..I broke down and bought an Xbox S because I wanted to play their new games and my X one shit the bed. I'll probably build another gaming PC and some point and just use that for PS/MS and PC gaming.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Umm no, I left the Xbox franchise during the xb1 era for a reason , lack of good games. MS still haven’t fixed that problem. So Phil, I’m begging you, please let GP on Xbox/Pc for ever .

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#46 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

No!

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Saint-George

@above_average said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@saint-george said:

Cows reaction if they ever got Gamepass on PlayStation..

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@saint-george said:
@above_average said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@saint-george said:

It is pretty sad that MS has to rely on Cows to save the xbox brand, since Xbox gamers are too poor to buy games :(

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Saint-George

@daredevils2k said:
@saint-george said:
@above_average said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@saint-george said:

It is pretty sad that MS has to rely on Cows to save the xbox brand, since Xbox gamers are too poor to buy games :(

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

The more I think of this, the more I want it.

Who knows, depending on Nintendo, this might even mean we can, just for once, have good online services on a Nintendo console.