Xbox: First Party Studios Organization - Yuge!

• 137 results
KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13019 Posts

What say you fellow SW friends? That is quite the crazy chart of first party studios for Xbox Game Studios. Do you want MS to acquire more studios or create more studios to add to that list? Of all the studios in the Xbox Game Studios divisions, which ones are your favorite?

This onslaught of studios is going to continue to ramp up the AAA quality games available on Xbox Game Pass. I haven't been a believer in Game Pass myself, but this might convert me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22735 Posts

I was thinking about this last week.... Microsoft has a massive number of ip they can now develop.... They basically now equal or surpass Sony with major AAA franchises and depending on how they handle development could deliver a lot of great gaming experiences over the next several years fairly regularly. Crazy how they compiled all of these studios.

Sony on the other hand is stuck with bloated gaming budgets, less advancements to gameplay and less frequent releases and not being able to equal the value in Gamepass.... They basically have to deliver on everything. But in fairness, so must Microsoft

To me, Microsoft greatest benefit in their model is to expose games to multiple platforms. They release games to pc and Xbox and don't mince words about it. I want open accessibility to a game catalog I can keep and ensure will be playable down the road. Microsoft does that best.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13019 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I was thinking about this last week.... Microsoft has a massive number of ip they can now develop.... They basically now equal or surpass Sony with major AAA franchises and depending on how they handle development could deliver a lot of great gaming experiences over the next several years fairly regularly. Crazy how they compiled all of these studios.

Sony on the other hand is stuck with bloated gaming budgets and less frequent releases and not being able to equal the value in Gamepass.... They basically have to deliver on everything. But in fairness, so must Microsoft

Microsoft has much more to prove. 2023 was a great start. Let's see if they can keep it going.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39109 Posts

300 studios that have trouble releasing video games, and when they do, its your 7/10 shovelware. Something is wrong, dead wrong, bro.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1001 Posts

Too bad Starfield and Redfall blew ass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69680 Posts

@robertos: I enjoyed both games.🙃

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

Bloody hell. On paper at least, that's an absolute monster of a first party now with IP that should be a truly colossal juggernaut.

Now they just need to get them producing cracking games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

@robertos said:

Hey now, Starfield is still a hit of a game. Despite its flaws, Starfield is still a good game in its own right.

Now Redfall, I'll give you that. Redfall was very depressing.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@Pedro said:

How dare you!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8429 Posts

Just remember: mediocre games are worth celebrating, long as they're Day 1 Gamepass.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46442 Posts

You can have thousands of employees but Activision only makes one game, COD

And Blizzard isn't much better, it's WOW, Overwatch and Diablo.

Jesus, 20 years ago Activision was publishing so many games and now they are just a shell sucked of all the live force by the demon known as Bobby Kotick.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61506 Posts

Hopefully the shit turns around and MS can pump out a steady stream of decent games. Definitely won't hold my breath.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39109 Posts

Look at atleast 80% of those games being in some kind of a development hell lol

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6192 Posts

@TheEroica: "I want open accessibility to a game catalog I can keep and ensure will be playable down the road. Microsoft does that best"

Are you sure about that?

MS reportedly making a new Series X which is all digital, and my games collection is 90% physical, so MS is screwing me over and others over.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: "I want open accessibility to a game catalog I can keep and ensure will be playable down the road. Microsoft does that best"

Are you sure about that?

MS reportedly making a new Series X which is all digital, and my games collection is 90% physical, so MS is screwing me over and others over.

There is currently a disk option series X on the market and you can go buy one right now. How are you being disadvantaged?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17823 Posts

While it is good for Game Pass subscribers, gamers in general end up being losers by these acquisitions. Not only are gamers getting fucked by many of these games now being exclusives, but games from Activision, Bethesda, etc. were already available to everyone before the MS acquisition. So, MS isn't really adding, only taking away. I would have much preferred MS use all that money and create new studios and IPs that didn't already exist.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Last_Lap

@TheEroica: Re-read the part of your post I quoted.

You clearly said "down the road" which means in the future.

And as I posted MS is working on a digital Series X, and thus making digital the only option "down the road" and this screws me and others who have predominately physical games over.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6907 Posts

@robertos said:

The first time in history I actually agree with Zaryia here.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4

@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Why did Zaryia "flee"?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silentchief

The reality is Microsoft has been abysmal at setting up first party studios. It was honestly so bad that regulators thought it was ok for them to spend 80 billion dollars in acquisitions over the last 4 years just to be competitive.

However If they actually create new titles and use there IP's this will all be worth it. Imagine a " God of War" style game where you play as Arthas set in the Warcraft universe. Or a new third person shooter set in the Starcraft universe or a revival of prototype.

There's plenty of potential here unfortunately I don't think MS will do anything to improve them.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14000 Posts

IMO, life was better when there were more Mom and Pop shops and fewer Walmarts.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silentchief

@lundy86_4 said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Why did Zaryia "flee"?

I'm guessing he was banned.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

@silentchief said:

Shit knows, but robertos does give heavy Zaryia vibes.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Last_Lap

@lundy86_4: If you want to know if it's Zaryia or not accuse him of playing mobile phone games. His reaction will tell you everything you need to know, unless he reads this of course 🤣

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1079 Posts

I only see the end of Xbox console

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4

@loudheadphones said:

I only see the end of Xbox console

Yeah, but that's par for the course with you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

That’s a pretty crazy huge list of developers and great IP’s to work with. The things I’m most looking forward to are reviving some dormant IP’s and potential crossover stuff with the various IP’s.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silentchief

@lundy86_4 said:
@silentchief said:

Shit knows, but robertos does give heavy Zaryia vibes.

It's 100% him.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Silentchief
@last_lap said:

@lundy86_4: If you want to know if it's Zaryia or not accuse him of playing mobile phone games. His reaction will tell you everything you need to know, unless he reads this of course 🤣

Or just call him a republican or a Playstation fanboy.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 512 Posts

Looks good to me. Everything goes to PC so if it's good I'll play it with no hardware restrictions and if it sucks I'll just play one of the thousands of other games available. Win-win.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Last_Lap

@silentchief: I never even took any notice of the user nameas his posts were just normal and not using the pc master race takes of the Zaryia account.

Did he get banned? And if so for what as he was really tame the last time I saw that account.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silentchief
@last_lap said:

@silentchief: I never even took any notice of the user nameas his posts were just normal and not using the pc master race takes of the Zaryia account.

Did he get banned? And if so for what as he was really tame the last time I saw that account.

He wasn't tame in political gamers. Once they closed that down he didn't know what to do with himself. My guess is he couldn't stop creating politically charged threads.

He was a far left PC shill and I've noticed the same trends with Robertos.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

@TheEroica: Why would Sony’s gaming budgets be bloated but Microsoft’s won’t? If anything the GamePass aspect will actually increase the development cost of the AAA games.

But MS has a huge roster of developers and should be pushing out some bangers over the next couple of years. And while Starfield was really good, they need to do more. They have a ton to prove after throwing all this money around.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Last_Lap

@silentchief: Ah PG, where people cheer on their side of politics like it's there damn football team. I stayed well away from that cesspool.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator

@last_lap said:

@silentchief: Ah PG, where people cheer on their side of politics like it's there damn football team. I stayed well away from that cesspool.

PG was basically system wars only just politics part. Didn't even bother trying to mod the place as I'm not a political creature lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

I think my enthusiasm for the deal died after that da'fuq communique about how ABK content will drip feed into Game Pass in 2024 and was dropped at zero hour to manage expectations. I'll get excited when it's time to be excited and quite frankly nobody seems to know when that will be.

I'd be less of a downer about it if the first wave of old shit includes Darkwatch releasing on Xbox via BC because High Moon owns it, but something tells me not even that will happen.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@last_lap said:

And as I posted MS is working on a digital Series X, and thus making digital the only option "down the road" and this screws me and others who have predominately physical games over.

Oh I understood entirely what you said... There is zero evidence to prove Microsoft is going to completely eliminate digital and as I said, there is a current series X on the market that plays disks. A more simple way to say it is that this entire generation you will be able to easily access a Xbox that plays disks. What is more realistic "down the road" is Microsoft and Sony moving more and more towards digital as an inevitability because it's more profitable and more in line with consumer demands. Next Gen both companies will likely push digital even more and have a side car disk drive for the small niche crowd still wanting digital.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
@Ibacai said:

@TheEroica: Why would Sony’s gaming budgets be bloated but Microsoft’s won’t? If anything the GamePass aspect will actually increase the development cost of the AAA games.

But MS has a huge roster of developers and should be pushing out some bangers over the next couple of years. And while Starfield was really good, they need to do more. They have a ton to prove after throwing all this money around.

Who said Microsofts aren't bloated? I'm saying the entire industry is drunk on bloated games, many if which don't deliver and take an extraordinary amount of time to finish and refine.

What I'm commenting on is the current parameters in gaming like bloated budgets and long dev cycles make it harder for Sony to deliver in a way they are a custom to. It makes it hard on everyone.... Less risk taking, graphic intensive but light on new gameplay ideas.... Massive money on the line with no guarantee it delivers. This is a tough scene to be dominating.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Sony is in trouble...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

Oh I understood entirely what you said... There is zero evidence to prove Microsoft is going to completely eliminate digital and as I said, there is a current series X on the market that plays disks. A more simple way to say it is that this entire generation you will be able to easily access a Xbox that plays disks. What is more realistic "down the road" is Microsoft and Sony moving more and more towards digital as an inevitability because it's more profitable and more in line with consumer demands. Next Gen both companies will likely push digital even more and have a side car disk drive for the small niche crowd still wanting digital.

You can't backtrack from your down the road statement, MS is trying to go all digital, ALL the evidence points towards that.

MS are trying to go all digital, they started with the Xbox One S, have continued it with the Series S, and the recent leak from MS case to buy Activision found internal documents showing MS is making a digital Series X and yet you're still trying to say there is no proof.

As an Xbox customer, I too want the same rights you want to play my games down the road, but MS are trying to push digital more than ever. There is no doubt MS are trying to eliminate physical altogether, and thus makes your down the road statement about MS false.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17439 Posts

It's crazy to think that during the XB1 Era, MS basically had 5 studios that they worked like a prison camp.

Can't wait to see the first batch of Game Pass and BC releases

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@last_lap: sigh.... They're not pushing digital. They're focusing on the methods of game distribution that gamers want. They provide a disk model of their current console for the smaller number of people who want disks. They likely always will in some form. I imagine there will be a small niche crowd of people who want disks... Same as records... Neither Sony nor Microsoft will make disk drives a major focus however going forward. Don't be mad it's not what gamers want.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

And the best deal is... Game Pass Day1

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

@last_lap: sigh.... They're not pushing digital. They're focusing on the methods of game distribution that gamers want. They provide a disk model of their current console for the smaller number of people who want disks. They likely always will in some form. I imagine there will be a small niche crowd of people who want disks... Same as records... Neither Sony nor Microsoft will make disk drives a major focus however going forward. Don't be mad it's not what gamers want.

He have been on a never ending bitch fest over physical becoming obsolete and believes that platform holders are at fault for catering to the majority of gamers.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

You can have thousands of employees but Activision only makes one game, COD

And Blizzard isn't much better, it's WOW, Overwatch and Diablo.

Jesus, 20 years ago Activision was publishing so many games and now they are just a shell sucked of all the live force by the demon known as Bobby Kotick.

Bobby's leaving!

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1403 Posts

@Pedro said:

Some people enjoy eating garbage. Nothing new.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@Pedro: I'm in here having a conversation, your post is the one that is bitching about another poster that wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

@TheEroica: They are pushing digital, their own internal documents are proof of that. I don't know what more proof you want/need.

No doubt digital is huge, these companies are pushing their storedronts all the time, I mean I put on Forza Horizon 5 the other day and was greeted with a screen that has the new Forza Motirsport game and a "press here" button to take me to the Xbox marketplace to buy the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator

Let it be known the gaming industry will eventually go all digital at some point. Look at games like Alan Wake 2, no physical, just digital purchase only. That should give you an idea where the gaming industry is heading in the distance future. It's not a matter of how, but when?

But as a PC gamer, digital gaming has really made my gaming life so much easier, I can't believe I was pro physical gamer back in the old days. I even went digital since PS4 came out and don't even regret it. But for now, as long as there's still demand for physical games due to the rest of the world doesn't have basic Wi-Fi, physical will still be around for that reason.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

It's great, but the one problem with Activision, is that half their studio's are tied up with "Call of Duty support". They need to do something about this.

But with Bobby Kotick on his way out good changes may happen... Maybe he'll replace Jim Ryan at PlayStation. XD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

Some people enjoy eating garbage. Nothing new.

News to me but if you enjoy eating garbage.🤷🏽‍♂️

@last_lap said:

@Pedro: I'm in here having a conversation, your post is the one that is bitching about another poster that wasn't even talking to you in the first place.

@TheEroica: They are pushing digital, their own internal documents are proof of that. I don't know what more proof you want/need.

No doubt digital is huge, these companies are pushing their storedronts all the time, I mean I put on Forza Horizon 5 the other day and was greeted with a screen that has the new Forza Motirsport game and a "press here" button to take me to the Xbox marketplace to buy the game.

There was no bitching in my post. I was literally stating the obvious and you are just confirming what was stated.🙃