GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

TLDR: The XCloud and Fortnite “success” was all bs. The player count didn’t turn into revenue growth. (A trend for them) Xbox isn’t investing in the growth of XCloud. Yet Xbox is putting the future of their brand in the hands of Cloud gaming (If Game Pass grows big enough per Phil Spencer)

We are running out of narratives driven by their PR fluff pieces…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Jesus Christ Microsft really are leaving gaming behind after their AI advancements, aren't they?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

"see if we can find market fit" is a big oof.

No wonder they're spending all that money on ABK. They need native mobile games ASAP.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nonstop-Madness

Wait, I just realized the CMA tried to kill the ABK deal over a dead service. lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Meh. Outside of perhaps doing a quick and dirty try out of a game if I don’t feel like downloading it I have no real need or desire to play my games via streaming.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

He's not wrong, I dont see the issue.

Are we arguing that MS should invest heavily in making mobile games stream only? That they should pump more money into XCloud rather than working to grow what they already have?

I feel like some want them to just keep dumping money into areas that they already bash them for? What kind of sense does that make?

MS bought Activision for the mobile arm and needs to invest more into creating more mobile experiences. Mobile investment is how they get to 100M Game Pass subs, not XCloud streaming.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen

I don't know about you guys but its too damn much bad news at once. They should've spread out the leak over a month or two, so everyone could milk each and every leak, guys. Come on, do a better job at drip feeding us, guys.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

Please make at least 10 more Xbox something something threads in the next hour guys. You can do it!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Please make at least 10 more Xbox something something threads in the next hour guys. You can do it!

Eh. I doubt it would reach that point.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen

We need a "Grim Day At Microsoft" sticky. But god i loved my History Channel thread so much, and @davillain killed with no questions asked.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

We need a "Grim Day At Microsoft" sticky. But god i loved my History Channel thread so much, and @davillain killed with no questions asked.

Separate threads about the leak are fine as long as they are not copying info from another thread.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Are we arguing that MS should invest heavily in making mobile games stream only? That they should pump more money into XCloud rather than working to grow what they already have?

I feel like some want them to just keep dumping money into areas that they already bash them for? What kind of sense does that make?

MS bought Activision for the mobile arm and needs to invest more into creating more mobile experiences. Mobile investment is how they get to 100M Game Pass subs, not XCloud streaming.

Third generation alt is not known for being a drama king without cause.😂 You need to be concerned, it is the law.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Separate threads about the leak are fine as long as they are not copying info from another thread.

Seriously! I explained it why it was locked and as for you Hardwenzen, go play some video games like the rest of us.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@davillain said:

Seriously! I explained it why it was locked and as for you Hardwenzen, go play some video games like the rest of us.

There is enough evidence indicating that playing games is not a thing for him.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@Pedro said:
@navyguy21 said:

Third generation alt is not known for being a drama king without cause.😂 You need to be concerned, it is the law.

Um… The leaks tell us that the Xbox console targeting 2028 is a cloud console hybrid. The info is contradicting your hypothetical… Which is par for the course today… Cloud is the future vs we aren’t investing in Cloud. Xbox is only 10%-15% of our business model vs if Game Pass doesn’t grow enough by 2027 we may be out of the business. All their words… Xbox has no clear identity or direction.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:
@navyguy21 said:

Um… The leaks tell us that the Xbox console targeting 2028 is a cloud console hybrid. The info is contradicting your hypothetical… Which is par for the course today…

You got triggered even in this thread.😂 Now point me to the hypothetical that I made in this thread. I will wait.🤭

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro: You didn’t make the hypothetical. The other person in the post chain did. I was addressing both of you… You’ve become so defensive that somehow you’ve flushed forum basics 101…

I’m not triggered. I’m just showing you and your buddies what Phil Spencer said and watching y’all spin. It’s quite entertaining. You have yet to address anything, just insult posters here. It’s an interesting strategy

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pedro
@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

... The info is contradicting your hypothetical…

...Now point me to the hypothetical that I made in this thread. I will wait.🤭

@ghostofgolden said:

@Pedro: You didn’t make the hypothetical.

🤭

@ghostofgolden said:You have yet to address anything, just insult posters here.

Who or what was insulted?🤔

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:

So you admit to addressing nothing in this thread? 🤭😂🤣

Now I see why Xbox doesn’t pay y’all

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

First, you claim "The info is contradicting your hypothetical". When asked about the hypothetical you stated "You didn’t make the hypothetical.". Now when asked about who or what was insulted, you bailed.😂 I got you spinning.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@ghostofgolden: Using the cloud to power parts of the game and "cloud gaming" are two different things.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Man, I'm so glad I didn't buy a series x. What a disaster it has been.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Receipts really hurt you don’t they?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pedro
@randy_lahey said:
@kathaariancode said:

Receipts really hurt you don’t they?

You should know.(ABK)🤭

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

@randy_lahey: What are you talking about?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:

First, you claim "The info is contradicting your hypothetical". When asked about the hypothetical you stated "You didn’t make the hypothetical.". Now when asked about who or what was insulted, you bailed.😂 I got you spinning.

First, I was addressing two of you in that post. The other poster in the chain made the hypothetical, not you. But I’ve explained that already.

Next, you called me a “drama king,” and then stated another user doesn’t play video games. Lite little jabs, but still insults. You’re being much more combative in other threads. But when you can’t counter any of the substance in these leaks, what else do you have?

I can take whatever you wanna throw my way. I’ll just respond with Phil Spencer and other Xbox staff quotes for you to ignore…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GhostOfGolden

@dabear said:

@ghostofgolden: Using the cloud to power parts of the game and "cloud gaming" are two different things.

That’s what you’re rolling with? Really?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@ghostofgolden: It's called "being in the technology sector ", bro; which I have been for a long time now.

They are different things.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

Gotta give props to dabear. Has been failing all day trying his best to damage control, and still has the strength to keep going. Pretty powerful lemming tbh.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@dabear said:

@ghostofgolden: It's called "being in the technology sector ", bro; which I have been for a long time now.

They are different things.

I’m just gonna let this one go… It’s tough, but I’m not trying to get myself in trouble because of this board again…

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@Pedro said:

There is enough evidence indicating that playing games is not a thing for him.

Than he's a bigger fakeboy than I took him for😅

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8271 Posts

sounds like what we already knew: most people are using cloud as a "feature" of Xbox (ie they already game on console or PC) rather than cloud being an entirely different market..

as such, they are making an adjustment to halt further investment until they can get device expansion to an acceptable level (ie. SmartTV apps, etc) or until the market itself grows beyond the current usage habits..

not sure why we should be "concerned" but, okay..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@Antwan3K said:

sounds like what we already knew: most people are using cloud as a "feature" of Xbox (ie they already game on console or PC) rather than cloud being an entirely different market..

as such, they are making an adjustment to halt further investment until they can get device expansion to an acceptable level (ie. SmartTV apps, etc) or until the market itself grows beyond the current usage habits..

Device expansion requires further investment. Unless you think LG, Samsung and them are gonna put the service on their products out of the kindness of their hearts.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Antwan3K

@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

Device expansion requires further investment.

read the last paragraph of your own OP..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Eh, just "insert concerned gif here" lol :P

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K: Existing partnership with the service being added to 2021 TVs… What year is it? And the leak is from early last year. Where’s that Logitech device?

Again, they aren’t investing in expansion, so they can’t hit that “acceptable level” you speak of

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Antwan3K

@ghostofgolden said:

@Antwan3K: Existing partnership with the service being added to 2021 TVs… What year is it? And the leak is from early last year. Where’s that Logitech device?

Again, they aren’t investing in expansion, so they can’t hit that “acceptable level” you speak of

do you actually read or do you just auto-respond?..

I said, "they are making an adjustment to halt further investment until they can get device expansion to an acceptable level (ie. SmartTV apps, etc"..

if that level doesn't happen, why would they continue to invest?.. makes perfect business sense and doesn't affect me at all as an end-user.. again, why should i be "concerned"?..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I said, "they are making an adjustment to halt further investment until they can get device expansion to an acceptable level (ie. SmartTV apps, etc"..

if that level doesn't happen, why would they continue to invest?.. makes perfect business sense and doesn't affect me at all as an end-user.. again, why should i be "concerned"?..

Antwan... How do you get device expansion to an acceptable level without further investment?!?! Your response to this post makes no sense. You're just talking in circles of defense

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Makes perfect sense, the cloud is the only thing holding back the Activision deal. They’ll make way more money from cloud licensing than they will from xcloud

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Antwan... How do you get device expansion to an acceptable level without further investment?!?! Your response to this post makes no sense. You're just talking in circles of defense

again, read the last paragraph of your own OP..

they will continue with their current roadmap of device expansion but are halting further investment.. IF device expansion ever gets to an acceptable level (via PC app usage, mobile app usage, SmartTV app usage, etc) then they can reevalute.. IF there continues to be a lack of an independent market for cloud gaming, then investments in that area will be halted indefinitely (which makes perfect business sense)..

this is not that difficult to understand..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

again, read the last paragraph of your own OP..

they will continue with their current roadmap of device expansion but are halting further investment.. IF device expansion ever gets to an acceptable level (via PC app usage, mobile app usage, SmartTV app usage, etc) then they can reevalute.. IF there continues to be a lack of an independent market for cloud gaming, then investments in that area will be halted indefinitely (which makes perfect business sense)..

this is not that difficult to understand..

Sigh…

How do they achieve device expansion without investment?!? Xbox needs the TV app to be on LG, TCL, Samsung TVs beyond the ‘21 and 22’ models etc. How do they do that without investing in the expansion? It’s not gonna happen magically.

Use your brain. I know you have one.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Antwan3K

@ghostofgolden: sigh.. let me ask you a question:

do you think 2023 Samsung TVs don't have the Game Pass app?

follow-up question:

do you think the Game Pass app has ceased to exist on PCs and mobile devices?

there's a TON of potential customers who own smartphones, PCs, and SmartTVs.. but "cloud gaming" has yet to cross over into an independent market.. not yet anyway.. so until that current TON of potential customers switch their gaming habits towards cloud (without already being a console gamer or a PC gamer), there's no point in investing in that non-existent market beyond what they already have..

it's not that complicated.. particularly when you stop trying to shoehorn everything into your narrow agenda..

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

@ghostofgolden: revenue growth is possible but there are too many gatekeepers. On mobile market where MS is trying to crack, apple illegally bars 3rd party platforms like gamepass from being on the app store, to protect their profits. Android is better, since they allow gamepass, but they have their own restrictions in place.

Its amazing how the US government had the sack to threaten to break up MS back in the 90s, and charge them a record $11 Billion for their monopoly tactics. Without those fines and regulatory actions, neither google or apple would exist today. Yet here we are in 2023 and both apple and google are allowed to do what MS did in the 90s. This is the problem with government...got their heads up their asses.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nonstop-Madness
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ghostofgolden: revenue growth is possible but there are too many gatekeepers. On mobile market where MS is trying to crack, apple illegally bars 3rd party platforms like gamepass from being on the app store, to protect their profits. Android is better, since they allow gamepass, but they have their own restrictions in place.

Its amazing how the US government had the sack to threaten to break up MS back in the 90s, and charge them a record $11 Billion for their monopoly tactics. Without those fines and regulatory actions, neither google or apple would exist today. Yet here we are in 2023 and both apple and google are allowed to do what MS did in the 90s. This is the problem with government...got their heads up their asses.

Apple is working on sideloading apps so it's just a matter of time until GamePass is on it.

That being said, cloud gaming on mobile still isn't a clear market for growth (MS even admits this). Microsoft's best bet is to start integrating native mobile games into GamePass. The flip side of that is Apple themselves could start bringing in more traditional games (through deals or acquisitions) onto Apple Arcade and, really put the brakes on GamePass.

The next 10 years are going to be hella interesting.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

follow-up question:

there's a TON of potential customers who own smartphones, PCs, and SmartTVs.. but "cloud gaming" has yet to cross over into an independent market.. not yet anyway.. so until that current TON of potential customers switch their gaming habits towards cloud (without already being a console gamer or a PC gamer), there's no point in investing in that non-existent market beyond what they already have..

it's not that complicated.. particularly when you stop trying to shoehorn everything into your narrow agenda..

Game Pass subscription growth has come to a screeching halt. I provided you a Phil email regarding this in another thread. What they have done with the app and streaming services isn’t working. Your solution is to leave it the way it currently is and hope for the best?!?!

Here we are nearing Q4 2023 and you’re still using the word “potential” to describe a massive group of consumers that have minimally responded to the current Xbox strategy. You just wanna do more of that…

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GhostOfGolden
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Apple is working on sideloading apps so it's just a matter of time until GamePass is on it.

That being said, cloud gaming on mobile still isn't a clear market for growth (MS even admits this). Microsoft's best bet is to start integrating native mobile games into GamePass. The flip side of that is Apple themselves could start bringing in more traditional games (through deals or acquisitions) onto Apple Arcade and, really put the brakes on GamePass.

The next 10 years are going to be hella interesting.

What you both are describing would require further investment into the XCloud service and strategy. Xbox has no interest in that.

And yeah, the government is a HUGE problem. Until we get the money out of politics, they’re gonna have their grubby little mitts all over everything.

Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nonstop-Madness

@ghostofgolden:

XCloud is streaming.

I'm saying Xbox starts putting full on mobile games like Candy Crush, Fallout Shelter, Mighty DOOM, Hearthstone, Diablo Immortal, Minecraft Mobile etc. on GamePass. Games being F2P makes it tricky but they could give out DLC, free content packs etc. Premium (paid) mobile games and, native traditional games would be the next step. Ex. Imagine downloading and playing the next Gears native on your iPhone.

Microsoft absolutely needs native games on mobile if they want to seriously take a crack at it.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GhostOfGolden

@Nonstop-Madness: I got you now. Thanks for clearing that up and I totally agree

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

follow-up question:

Game Pass subscription growth has come to a screeching halt. I provided you a Phil email regarding this in another thread. What they have done with the app and streaming services isn’t working. Your solution is to leave it the way it currently is and hope for the best?!?!

Here we are nearing Q4 2023 and you’re still using the word “potential” to describe a massive group of consumers that have minimally responded to the current Xbox strategy. You just wanna do more of that…

you didn't answer my questions.. also, it's not "my solution".. are you mentally okay?.. kinda a serious question at this point..

again, "cloud gaming" hasn't grown into an independent market yet.. maybe it will get there eventually but right now it's just a "feature" that current Xbox gamers use to try out new games without installing them and/or continue gaming on the go..

IF that dynamic changes, they can reevaluate.. until then, Microsoft/Xbox has halted further investment into that non-existent market.. if "cloud gaming" never becomes a thing, then that's a smart business decision.. what part of this simple concept are you still not understanding?..