loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

That's good for gaming industry that Xbox quits console business for good.

Just week and a half ago an article was published that XS is outsold by PS5 9:1 just in France. Worse than it was during PS4/Xbone gen.

https://ludostrie.com/microsoft-et-la-quete-du-leadership/

The year 2023 is particularly catastrophic for Microsoft in terms of console sales. We previously mentioned the ratio of 80% / 20% for PlayStation and Xbox sales in Europe. But it gets worse: in 2023, in France, we are getting closer to a 90% / 10% ratio. That the Xbox Series shows a severe drop in its European sales in September 2023 compared to September 2022, despite improved supplies, the release of Starfield, and while PS5 sales explode, says a lot about the situation.

Now UK 2 days ago :

PS5 Market share in the UK from the last 6 months.

Leaked numbers from Jeuxvideo.com forum for almost whole Europe

January - September 2023 Hardware sales:

France:

[PS5] 750k

[NSW] 480k

[XBS] 103k

Europe (excluding UK and Germany):

[PS5] 2.45M

[NSW] 1.55M

[XBS] 0.35M

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

If I’m being 100% totally honest, I couldn’t care less what France does. That country is in an absolute disastrous downfall. It’s a train wreck of epic proportions over there.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 276 Posts

Let them eat cake.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#4 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70012 Posts

"Xbox is a going to be a monopoly with ABK" and "Xbox totally collapsed in Europe"

You Sony fannies are all over the place. The one thing that is consistent is that Xbox continues to live rent free in your mind. 🤭

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Oh no!

Anyway.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Zero exclusives

Everything runs and looks significantly better on pc

The 25 years in the making video game is a 7/10

Flagship title completely abandoned

Owns 342345 studios, but have trouble releasing anything, and when they do, its a 5-7/10 game

Its not looking pretty, but this has been their issue the whole last generation, its nothing new.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NNoyingHusband

@Pedro: they’re getting their licks in now cause once ABK games flood Game Pass they’ll be real quiet

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

If I’m being 100% totally honest, I couldn’t care less what France does. That country is in an absolute disastrous downfall. It’s a train wreck of epic proportions over there.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11190 Posts

Xbox performance is generally embarrassing all around. Wonder what keeps them going in this industry. Saner companies don't pump billions upon billions into dying ventures. Microsoft's nearly cult-like behavior makes it seem... personal to push on with this. Anyway, it's an interesting train wreck

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Microsoft also heavily increased the price of Series S in Brazil.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Zero exclusives

Owns 342345 studios, but have trouble releasing anything, and when they do, its a 5-7/10 game

Its not looking pretty, but this has been their issue the whole last generation, its nothing new.

1) Xbox hasn't had exclusives for years, is this news to you? also Sony starting to bring all their titles to PC too, but yeah timed exclusives beats multiplatform I guess.

2) Playstation games also run and look better on PC.

3) Starfield is Bethesda's baby, MS had nothing to do with it.

3) Halo? Um they just released more content for it like last week, someone like yourself who's obsessed with Halo should know that, oh you do, you're just being disingenuous as usual.

4) There was 7 or 8 games released this year, 5 were highly rated, whereas Sony released 2 and one of those was on Xbox, Also what's the next Sony first party release?

You should worry about your own backyard wenzen.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

Xbox has more customers..

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

France is the 3rd biggest gaming market in Europe ( behind UK and Germany) and 6th or 7th globally.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

I would get an Xbox if there was atleast two great games to play but there isn't

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts
@loudheadphones said:

That's good for gaming industry that Xbox quits console business for good.

Yeah. What would be even better for the industry is if everything but Sony quit the business. That would be the best.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

Zero exclusives

1) Xbox hasn't had exclusives for years, is this news to you? also Sony starting to bring all their titles to PC too, but yeah timed exclusives beats multiplatform I guess.

2) Playstation games also run and look better on PC.

3) Starfield is Bethesda's baby, MS had nothing to do with it.

3) Halo? Um they just released more content for it like last week, someone like yourself who's obsessed with Halo should know that, oh you do, you're just being disingenuous as usual.

4) There was 7 or 8 games released this year, 5 were highly rated, whereas Sony released 2 and one of those was on Xbox, Also what's the next Sony first party release?

You should worry about your own backyard wenzen.

Don't bother, he's trolling, and mixing his own weird parameters with reality.

In 2021, MS Studios released more highly rated games than PS did in 2022. Three 9s and a 10 vs to 8s and a 9. PS just released another 8. The cows have an inflated opinion about how good their games are. While I admit they look good, they aren't better than anyone else.

And both Halo Infinite SIngle player and now Season 5 with multiplayer are good games.

And to put this logic of his to explain the lack of sales with Xbox would mean that he could explain the high sales of Playstation and it's not that easy. Since it's launch the PS5 has had unexplained popularity and the games released since don't really explain it imo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

And PlayStation still has no games 😖 While Xbox is bursting at the seams with new AAA first party developed exclusives 😎

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

People who want companies to quit the gaming industry have no idea what they're saying.... Some people would gut this hobby faster than you can "fanboy" to serve their own depraved bias.... I don't really consider them true gamers.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

xbox sales are meaningless to MS. Its only one side of the story. The more important side is how many gamepass subs, their MAU numbers, revenue. Console is small potatoes compared to mobile, and subscription. You keep talking trash about xbox, but the xbox revenue is higher than ever soo..

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2953 Posts

Well, as someone said in another thread on SW: PlayStation is selling on brand value alone. That's gotta be the explanation cos PlayStation hasn't done anything remarkable for a very long time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

This wouldn't have happened if Starfield wasn't a oneNdone game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70012 Posts

@TheEroica said:

People who want companies to quit the gaming industry have no idea what they're saying.... Some people would gut this hobby faster than you can "fanboy" to serve their own depraved bias.... I don't really consider them true gamers.

It happens when being a fanboy has become their identity. We know one faction that has an unusually higher percentage of those folks. Thus the reason this thread exists.🙃

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Xbox has been struggling for 20 years. Every gen I've owned an Xbox, and every gen I've missed out on the best games, being stuck Halo, Forza, and Gears, and nothing has changed. Starfield is an average game, at best. The switch to the PS5 was a huge eye opener of what I had been missing. PSPlus premium is better than Gamepass with better exclusives and a good deal less expensive. Microsoft made a huge mistake last gen concentrating on multiplayer games. There's really no denying it - people aren't buying Xboxes because it offers the worst content, plain and simple. Maybe things will be different if the Xbox is still around next gen if it can manage to pump out some good first party content, but this gen is another where MS is in third place. It's already lost. There's no point in owning an Xbox right now.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6982 Posts

It's almost like people are figuring out Xbox is completely irrelevant and you can just build a PC. Playstation would be wise to take notes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

@TheEroica said:

They aren't.

Competition is healthy. And drives innovation.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow a console that Lemming said has "no games" is outselling a console that lemmings said " has thousands of games" and still struggling to outsell the all mighty PS5. Shocking.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KvallyX

@tjandmia said:

Xbox has been struggling for 20 years. Every gen I've owned an Xbox, and every gen I've missed out on the best games, being stuck Halo, Forza, and Gears, and nothing has changed. Starfield is an average game, at best. The switch to the PS5 was a huge eye opener of what I had been missing. PSPlus premium is better than Gamepass with better exclusives and a good deal less expensive. Microsoft made a huge mistake last gen concentrating on multiplayer games. There's really no denying it - people aren't buying Xboxes because it offers the worst content, plain and simple. Maybe things will be different if the Xbox is still around next gen if it can manage to pump out some good first party content, but this gen is another where MS is in third place. It's already lost. There's no point in owning an Xbox right now.

^must be opposite day 🤣

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NNoyingHusband

@loudheadphones: I’m not talking about gaming. I’m talking about the downfall of the entire country. Much bigger issues than gaming going on there.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NNoyingHusband

@tjandmia: I’m the exact opposite. I’ve owned every Xbox and PS but always put my focus on PS. Now I’m buckling down and putting more of a focus on Xbox and realizing that I missed out on a ton of great Xbox games. Reality is, both have great exclusives and being stuck on one system will give you a shock when you try the games from the other you missed out on.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NNoyingHusband

@kvallyx: Xbox gamers are eating a buffet in harmony while PS gamers everywhere (check Twitter, FB groups, YT comments) are complaining about the PS+ price increase, discussing which tier they downgraded to, or how they canceled altogether.

And you wanna know what I truly, whole heartedly couldn’t believe? I’m seeing a lot of “one week until PS Portal launches, are you guys getting it?” posts all over PS FB groups, and almost every single comment, like 99% of the comments, are negative. Cows are trashing it. “You can already do this on your phone, tablet, PC. It’s a waste of money. It’s a cash grab. It’s gonna flop.” Over and over and over. Not looking good for the Portal getting these types of comments from their target audience.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

@tjandmia: bla bla bla tldr 🤡

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

No way to positively spin this (though some try, just look near the top of this thread). MS hasn't just had their ass handed to them; they've had it stomped on, obliterated, then handed back to them.

Business as usual for Sony.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

@nnoyinghusband: You’ve missed a ton of great Xbox games??? There aren’t even a ton of great Xbox games to miss. 😂

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NNoyingHusband

@tjandmia: just these last few months I beat all the Gears games except Tactics, 100 hours in Starfield, As Dusk Falls, Perfect Dark games, Redfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Hi Fi Rush. Working on Forza Horizon 5 now. Beat all the Halo games a few years ago. Most of these games I like. Halo Infinite online is better than most of the online shooters IMO.

I’ve played some great PS exclusives too, and some very meh ones. I’m not really a fan of the Horizon games, they’re ok. Death Stranding was alright, nothing great. TLOU2 was terrible. Gran Turismo takes a backseat always to Forza. Returnal was bad. Spiderman 1 was awesome. Miles Morales was meh, too much agenda shoved in it for a superhero game. Rachet & Clank is good. But Days Gone, God of War, TLOU1, Uncharted…love those.

MS has a lot of winners no matter what the haters say.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HalcyonScarlet

No need for concern Xbox fans, MSs attitude is good:

Loading Video...

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

How is this possible? This year is the greatest games lineup in Xbox history.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@nnoyinghusband said:

@tjandmia: just these last few months I beat all the Gears games except Tactics, 100 hours in Starfield, As Dusk Falls, Perfect Dark games, Redfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Hi Fi Rush. Working on Forza Horizon 5 now. Beat all the Halo games a few years ago. Most of these games I like. Halo Infinite online is better than most of the online shooters IMO.

I’ve played some great PS exclusives too, and some very meh ones. I’m not really a fan of the Horizon games, they’re ok. Death Stranding was alright, nothing great. TLOU2 was terrible. Gran Turismo takes a backseat always to Forza. Returnal was bad. Spiderman 1 was awesome. Miles Morales was meh, too much agenda shoved in it for a superhero game. Rachet & Clank is good. But Days Gone, God of War, TLOU1, Uncharted…love those.

MS has a lot of winners no matter what the haters say.

Didn't like Uncharted 1. I thought the gunplay was fairly horrific. I want another go at TLOU 1, but that cinematic walking at the beginning. :-O It wouldn't end. I can't do the whole movie game thing. I struggled with Quantum Break and Senuas Sacrifice too.

For so long I've been thrown near enough straight into gameplay, that my mind isn't in the right place for this kind of thing.

Slowing me down at the beginning is a mistake, because I'll just stop for a really long time. Happened with TLoZ: TP too. The beginning bit where you're stuck in the village is pretty painful.

I remember also being frustrated at the unskippable cut-scenes of Uncharted.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

What's a Europe and U.K.? lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:

No way to positively spin this (though some try, just look near the top of this thread). MS hasn't just had their ass handed to them; they've had it stomped on, obliterated, then handed back to them.

So you are upset that Xbox has had record revenue, record profits, record number of first party games, record number of first party studios, record number of devices in the Xbox ecosystem, and record number of active users?

Please, tell us more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

So you are upset that Xbox has had record revenue, record profits, record number of first party games, record number of first party studios, record number of devices in the Xbox ecosystem, and record number of active users?

Please, tell us more.

If anything, I'm more bothered by the fact that Sony has to do absolutely nothing to win. The game lineup is absurd. They have literally almost nothing coming out, and haven't had anything much of interest for a while, and yet, they still dominate. Again and again. It's ridiculous.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

@loudheadphones: I’m not talking about gaming. I’m talking about the downfall of the entire country. Much bigger issues than gaming going on there.

What does the political situation in France has anything to do with the Xbox Series or even gaming?

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NNoyingHusband

@onesiphorus: my earlier statement, I couldn’t care less what console sells best in France, the country is a disaster in every other way. Essentially it’s opinion on console sales don’t matter to me.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:

Sony has to do absolutely nothing to win.

Win what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Win what?

Console sales? They're constantly smashing MS.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Win what?

But that doesn't impact me. MS smashes Sony in gaming devices. And that doesn't impact me any. What DOES impact me, are the games that MS produces for us gamers.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

It would be one thing if Sony were doing stuff to deserve the sales. The game outlook isn't looking good right now on the 2024 PS5 front. The PS5 has very little reason to own it at the moment, but it still sells like crazy because it is Playstation.

On top of that, Sony has raised the console pricing, game pricing, subscription pricing, all while releasing less and less 1st party games on their console and shifting to GAAS over what has worked for them in the past.

I enjoy a few games on my PS5, but almost all of them are playable on other platforms.

Good for Sony though, they don't even need to try and they just sell like crazy. It is every company's dream.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Poo cows but eh, they love it, I guess. lol :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Oh no!

Anyway.

I'm shook, might have to go home from work today tbo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Win what?

But that doesn't impact me. MS smashes Sony in gaming devices. And that doesn't impact me any. What DOES impact me, are the games that MS produces for us gamers.

Well, duh. Doesn't impact me either. Either way, don't care about console sales. But that doesn't change the fact Sony is demolishing MS in this department.

Now if Sony could just make some games that I actually care about...

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Win what?

this is the saddest form of retort..f%€king console sales 🤣😂

My plastic has sold more than your plastic