gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Yes it's true. I was loving Gears 5 single player until now. I'm on Act 2 and I'm getting sick of driving around. I just want a normal Gears game again. I want to shoot things not figure out where to go. yesterday i turned it off because i didn't know where to go. Today I just turned it off because I still can't find where to go. Anyone else having this problem?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@gregbmil: Surely there a marker on the screen telling you where to go or a map that has a marker on it? I mean its a Gears game how hard can it be lol.

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 SBan83
Member since 2019 • 119 Posts

I too was turned off a bit at first have to actually look at a map and stuff lol. But everything's marked anyway and you just have to follow the waypoints.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44580 Posts

I didn't have a problem getting lost, but I take issue with components not being permanent unlocks, it bogs down replay value of campaign for me to hunt them down again as they're essential to upgrading Jack.

wolfpup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1936 Posts

@sban83 said:

I too was turned off a bit at first have to actually look at a map and stuff lol. But everything's marked anyway and you just have to follow the waypoints.

I’m so spoiled by modern games doing this! It feels so broken when I try to play an older game that lacks this kind of thing lol

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

@wolfpup7 said:
@sban83 said:

I’m so spoiled by modern games doing this! It feels so broken when I try to play an older game that lacks this kind of thing lol

Me too.

I go back and mess around with older games quite often, sometimes it is so jarring

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44103 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I didn't have a problem getting lost, but I take issue with components not being permanent unlocks, it bogs down replay value of campaign for me to hunt them down again as they're essential to upgrading Jack.

Yes, yes and yes!!! On replay you should get all the upgrades you got from previous play through. I can't hardly believe they omitted that. Loved the game, played through it twice but I hope they do a patch to allow the player to continue replaying the game with all previous upgrades.

kjenaneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 kjenaneta
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I'm a huge fan going back to Gears 1 and just wanted to post this. Not sure why because I'm not planning on giving up on the game. I just wanted to say something.

In the past series there was always something to provide a draw or interest. The big issue with 5 is that I despise the weapon tuning and movement/gameplay choices so I have no interest in playing competively or really even casually in the current MP environment. Gears 5 doesnt provide that addicting feeling from getting kills and winning matches anymore. Everything feels slower and far less skill based.

I beat the campaign, finished the tour, unlocked the new heroes I wanted, maxed out my favorite horde and escape characters, and am now left with a sad realization.

I dont want to play this game without artificial incentive. Is anyone else feeling the same? Gears 5 feels like I'm just constantly waiting for something.