Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen is currently on sale at the Xbox store for the Xbox One. I wanted to buy it but when I read the reviews, most were complaining about their save file getting corrupted and then deleted. So hours of game play is lost. I'm certainly not going to buy a game in this state, but I did some googling and MS said the way out of this is to back up the save file. Now I think this solution was for the original version on the Xbox 360 judging by it's date.

My question is, is it possible to back up Xbox one save files on another hard drive or flash drive? I've tried but I don't see the option. When you click on manage game, you can move or copy the game itself to another drive but this option doesn't appear for the save file. Would love to buy the game but I'm very hesitant atm.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I ended up buying the game. Through my searching I came across a reddit post which some say solves the issue. Here it is:

Try to delete your DD local save game then restart the console and launch DD, if there is anything saved on the cloud it should try so sync the latest save on the cloud.

Here's how to: "On Home, select My games & apps. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

Select this >> Delete from console << removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play."

if it doesnt work...eh i'm sorry.