Is there really any hype for Xbox Series X?

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

Not to sound like a hater but let's keep it real, Xbox One basically flopped...40M consoles compared to PS4's 110M and even the Nintendo Switch outsold it already despite coming out 3 years later. It has very few exclusive titles to speak of, at least ones that are acclaimed by critics/users. MS is yet again forced to rely on old IPs (i.e. Halo 6, Gears 5) instead of innovating, and their attempts to innovate are met with little interest and poor reception.

Then the Xbox Series X reveal and its "gameplay" demonstration hastened the end to whatever hype was left for it. Even if Halo Infinite looked polished and didn't need to be pushed back to next year, there are almost no other upcoming Xbox Series X games that people are looking forward to. Yes I know some of you will point out "Well I'm excited for this game" "I look forward to that game" I'm sure you do, but there are still very few games that have a ton of people hyped for, and not nearly as many as the dozens of PS5 titles that are already building immense hype.

I'm hardly a Playstation shill or fanboy; even compared to Nintendo, Xbox is falling behind in exclusive games and units. Even compared to its preceding Xbox 360, which I owned, Xbox One sold HALF as many units, most of which rode off the success of the 360. But since Xbox One was hardly a success, Xbox Series X has little inertia to carry it. So honestly, is there ANY real hype for the Xbox Series X? Will it sell half as many units as the Xbox One did, or about 20M in its lifespan? Seriously, you never really hear people talking about its games or release date or when they'll get to pre-order it. I've heard plenty of that for PS5 though.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Planning to pick up the XSX and eventually the PS5. I'm a gamer,and a casual gamer who likes games,not fanboyish b.s. I could'nt care any less if Microsoft sold 10 million units or a 100 million,MS doesn't pay my rent/bills,I have too!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Tigerman950 said:

Not to sound like a hater but let's keep it real, Xbox One basically flopped...40M consoles compared to PS4's 110M and even the Nintendo Switch outsold it already despite coming out 3 years later. It has very few exclusive titles to speak of, at least ones that are acclaimed by critics/users. MS is yet again forced to rely on old IPs (i.e. Halo 6, Gears 5) instead of innovating, and their attempts to innovate are met with little interest and poor reception.

Then the Xbox Series X reveal and its "gameplay" demonstration hastened the end to whatever hype was left for it. Even if Halo Infinite looked polished and didn't need to be pushed back to next year, there are almost no other upcoming Xbox Series X games that people are looking forward to. Yes I know some of you will point out "Well I'm excited for this game" "I look forward to that game" I'm sure you do, but there are still very few games that have a ton of people hyped for, and not nearly as many as the dozens of PS5 titles that are already building immense hype.

I'm hardly a Playstation shill or fanboy; even compared to Nintendo, Xbox is falling behind in exclusive games and units. Even compared to its preceding Xbox 360, which I owned, Xbox One sold HALF as many units, most of which rode off the success of the 360. But since Xbox One was hardly a success, Xbox Series X has little inertia to carry it. So honestly, is there ANY real hype for the Xbox Series X? Will it sell half as many units as the Xbox One did, or about 20M in its lifespan? Seriously, you never really hear people talking about its games or release date or when they'll get to pre-order it. I've heard plenty of that for PS5 though.

You should go over to system wars where its talked about 24/7 and the PS5 is hardly talked about.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

XSX is my choice for next gen gaming. Exclusives or not (and Microsoft will have a lot with more studios working on titles than ever before), most people buy 3rd party multiplats. Look at your own collection if you don’t believe me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22400 Posts

@i_p_daily: Lol exactly, XsX is easily the most hyped if you go by the amount of talk on these forums. Hardly anything about PS5.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

It will probably do the same as original xbone considering it's the same thing but stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Fairmonkey: You appear to be lost.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

So many desperate insecure cows, many now that they know the PS Jive is WeakSauce are dressed in hermit clothes. Their shookness lol is everywhere. Good stuff. :P

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

I'm a gamer and I play on all consoles. I'm anticipating them all to come out. MS is focused on picking up and developing new ips from an expanded selection of devs. Thats been the primary focus on the system coming up so they're not solely focused on past and current ips like the past. True they will also have gears and halo but a slew of others are coming (potentially)

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#10 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 496 Posts

The Series X is gonna be a day-one pick up for me. Game Pass is a huge addition for Microsoft and will really work well with them going forward, especially with EA Access being added to it in a few months. The series x is such a threat right now that Sony not only had to try to mimic Game Pass but also the Xbox controller for their next console. I think Microsoft forced Sony's hand early and they weren't prepared for it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

i buy XSX next year i don't have hype i hope have better exclusives i buy ps5 day one

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

System wars is that way ----->

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

I seen plenty of hype from gamers who eagerly waiting to get their hands on Xbox Series X/S this November.

Avatar image for gamekillag4life
gamekillag4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamekillag4life
Member since 2020 • 45 Posts

i dont know..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Well it is, and even more so with the recent Bethesda news.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

XSX is hands down the best next generation console. Xbox has the best system. Now they just need games. The games they have announced have extremely high interest rates. They just need to deliver in quality.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

No hype here. No games interest me that I need to upgrade for.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Sevenizz: Maybe because more 3rd party games come out at a rate of 1000 to 1 compared to exclusives.

Just looked at my collection, hmmmm there's still a lot of exclusives throughout it for each system I own, without them I wouldn't own said system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter: You're really, really lost lol.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

So many desperate insecure cows, many now that they know the PS Jive is WeakSauce are dressed in hermit clothes. Their shookness lol is everywhere. Good stuff. :P

I really wish I understood what you said.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@Johnny_Rock said:
@SecretPolice said:

I really wish I understood what you said.

Firstly, stick with simple minded games, it's clear even a simple puzzle in a RPG made for kids would confuse you to no end. lol Secondly, to bump this old thread to only tell me your nonsense, that was truly ignorant. Try not doing that in the future, I'm here to help, you can thank me later. :P

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

@Tigerman950: At this point, the XSX is selling consoles as fast as they can make them. The only reason that they haven't sold more is because they literally don't exist yet.

As for the XBO, North American sales are at 32.46 million vs Playstation 4's 38.62 million. Though Sony obviously has sold more, I would hardly call that a flop. If that were true, the PS3 fell on its face with 29.42 million.

I get that each of these businesses are global so North American sales only hold so much of the pie but, if you're talking about hype, it would make more sense that you pay attention to US sales vs. what's going on in Japan.

Sales numbers referenced come from the following site:
https://www.vgchartz.com

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I doubt it. The whole purpose of new consoles is innovation. Look what Sony did with the audio, ssd and the controller. Same goes for the Nintendo switch. Microsoft should of done something unique like they did with the xbox360 which took online gaming to another level. Sony's has been innovative since the first ps with each console. Sonys exclusive studios might be coming to pc and Xbox but they will still be unique on the PS5. It will not be the same experience.