My Xbox One was 111 days old. Now it's dead and Microsoft won't honor the warranty.

• 60 results
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@wegngis: eh just go to Walmart buy a new one take it home. Change out the new console insides with the old broken Xbox insides then return it. Problem solved

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@xxyetixx: posting on a year old thread ?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@raugutcon: lol whoops didn't see someone brought it back from the dead ?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@wegngis: You had a store bought extended warranty, which is boggling to me that they aren't helping you out. Granted, I wouldn't have told them about my M$ interaction as you did considering they used that as a reason to take the warranty money and run, but the bigger lesson here is to take pictures before sending out the consoles.

I've been through the ringer myself with my original Xbox, a PS2, quite a few 360s, and the Xbone Kinect. That's just games stuff, I've also sent back a TV before. I have seen too many videos of Fed Ex/UPS/USPS/Airport Crews throwing packages around so I've always been paranoid and took pictures before I send off product. It sucks, but there are lessons here.

For the record, I'd also advise you buy a surge protector for your expensive electronics. Not a wall adapter, but a joule surge protector. I suspect there may have been an electrical issue.

EDIT:

---

The Saga continues as I recall this story from a while back (new poster @tjoshbennett bumped it) and I'm curious how this story ends.

TizzKizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TizzKizz
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

@wgngis Dont give up! I had the same situation years ago. Tier 3 will only stall and try to tire you out. They will not file a FedEx claim for you. Blast them on social media, especially Reddit and Twitter. Many gamers/bloggers will look out for you. Microsoft cant afford the bad press for not honoring their warranties. If all else fails file a complaint against your local Microsoft shop with your state's Dept of Consumer Affairs under "Repair Service". Their warranty/RMA system is seriously shady and would warrant a small class-action lawsuit if they weren't so good at dodging them. They aren't good at dodging Consumer Affairs, though. They will cut right through the games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Walmart doesn't thoroughly check returns, could be you got one that had previously been returned after being tampered with. My guess though is it sounds more like your unit was mishandled during repair. I would puah this angle with the support line. Anyhow, if possible, best to buy your consoles from the Microsoft store if you have them nearby, they'll usually just swap them out right there if anything goes wrong.

One thing to double check, make sure the unit you got back is the one you sent in. See if you can verify serial number. Also, did you buy a new unit or a refurbished one?

Danno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Danno1
Member since 2018 • 25 Posts

I buy my consoles, including my Xbox One from Gamestop. Why Gamestop you ask? Well because Gamestop is the only retail store I know of that still has an in store 1 year warranty on all consoles, new or used. All I have to do is take it back to Gamestop if the console is defective and Gamestop exchanges me for a new XB1, PS4 or whatever it is.

Kirdaaah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Kirdaaah
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts
@danno1 said:

I buy my consoles, including my Xbox One from Gamestop. Why Gamestop you ask? Well because Gamestop is the only retail store I know of that still has an in store 1 year warranty on all consoles, new or used. All I have to do is take it back to Gamestop if the console is defective and Gamestop exchanges me for a new XB1, PS4 or whatever it is.

So I currently work at Gamestop and that is not the case. If you buy a one year warranty sure, but standard is 30 day. Gamestop is crazy strict on that too, if it's passed the 30 days they run the serial number then straight up decline you if you didn't purchase the warranty. It's been 90 days and my xbox one x started not being able to connect to wifi anymore and I'm an employee and they won't even help me out. Target is honestly the way to go...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9832 Posts

Oh please don't bump old posts.....

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@wegngis: I highly suggest you post this on Twitter with photos including @microsoft @xbox. It will look bad if they do not look into it. It may also be good to check your countrys’ consumer rights website and or seek advice from them. Good luck hope you get a complete replacement.