mattolease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By mattolease
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Strange, on the Xbox One store you can now purchase Nintendo's Turok 1 and 2 for $19.99. You can also purchase Nintendo exclusives now such as Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and even others are available like Perfect Dark. So obviously Nintendo is allowing some of their games to be ported over and enhanced for the Xbox. However, the most popular Doom game ever, Doom64 is nowhere to be found. You'd think with the popularity Doom has had now for decades, that Doom64 would be in high demand to bring over into the Microsoft store like others have been. This makes no sense and Doom lovers need to speak out against this. What are your thoughts?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

Turok was a third party game published by Acclaim, not Nintendo. Microsoft got the rights to most Rare games when they purchased Rare, which includes Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie among others.

Doom 64 could potentially come to Xbox as that licence belongs to now Bethesda. I have not heard of any plans to do that though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Please no as Doom is crap.

mattolease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 mattolease
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

@judaspete: You said, ''Turok was a third party game published by Acclaim, not Nintendo''. However, Doom 64 was released by Midway, in cooperation with id Software. It was not a first party title and Nintendo never had sole rights. True it was not ported to other systems at the time as they thought it simply was above the hardware of the inferior PS1 and other reasons. Zelda and Mario are Nintendo only exclusives. It's alright, I jut downloaded Doom64 EX which emulates Doom64 on Windows10 PERFECTLY!

Project64 is too demanding on my PC and could not run it that way, I only have a low end 1.6GHz...sad I know. Doom EX must not suck resources much cause it's running fast and smooth and I'm enjoying Doom64 now.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 judaspete

@mattolease: Sorry. When you said "Nintendo's Turok" I assumed you thought it was first party.

It would be cool to see Doom 64 released on some modern platform. I never got around to playing it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judaspete

PEGI posted a rating for Doom 64 on ps4 and PC. It's since been taken down, but a sign this may get rereleased after all.