xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I have been playing my Windows 10 XBox games via the "Xbox Companion" - someone pointed me to the new XBox App (Beta) the other day, which has better store integration etc. But it only sees State of Decay 2 - all the other Windows 10 store games (Age of Empires, Forza Horizon 3 + 4, etc) don't show up... they aren't even listed under "games I own". Anyone know how to fix this? I bought them through the windows store, installed through the store, and they show up and launch fine in the XBox Companion App.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Hi,

Why do you see the need to launch these games via either the companion app or the Xbox App? You can just search for your game via the Windows Search box, and you can pin it to the Start menu from here too.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Bond007uk: it's just annoying - one of the benefits of these "steam-like" platforms is all the social features (friends list, etc), screenshot, purchase, install, uninstall, etc stuff is in one place. Thankfully GoG galaxy has partial integration across platforms too - but only partial

That's why I was trying to move from the Companion App in the first place - because screenshots and store features are handled elsewhere, whereas I was told the new beta Xbox App would be a proper jack of all trades

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56161 Posts

@Bond007uk said:

Hi,

Why do you see the need to launch these games via either the companion app or the Xbox App? You can just search for your game via the Windows Search box, and you can pin it to the Start menu from here too.

I also do the same as well. Whenever I'm using Xbox App with Game Pass, I always set MS games to my pin start window key-button. Its the only way to do this correctly.

lekanhaji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lekanhaji
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Hello Gentlemen,

Noticed recently that Xbox App on Windows 11 doesn't show or load any content;

Can't see my installed games.

Game Pass PC doesn't show any games or content

Just empty flashing grey boxes....nothing loads , tried all the resent, uninstall, install, repair , tutorials found online, but nothing happened at all

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-10700, 32GB Ram, RX 6800XT

OS Version: Windows 11 22H2 - 22624.1391

Thanks in advance for your help

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#6 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Unfortunately, the Xbox Ecosystem has some annoying bugs game breaking bugs on PC. Sometimes unfortunately I had to say it you will need to reinstall Windows.