Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1751 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

https://thepostmillennial.com/56-of-us-voters-believe-biden-is-trying-to-jail-trump-to-stop-him-mclaughlin-poll#google_vignette

Per apollfrom McLaughlin and Associates, 56 percent of voters polled nationally answered yes to "President Trump has been indicted on a total of 91 counts by supporters of Joe Biden and his Justice Department. If convicted of these charges, do you think that Joe Biden wants to stop President Trump from winning the election by putting him in jail?"

Answer these Sarge:

1) Do you believe that Trump would have this in his lap had he not pushed his fraud lies and took concerted efforts to steal the 2020 election?

2) Do you believe it anti-democratic to keep an anti-democratic candidate off the ballot?

These aren’t rhetorical, I’m genuinely curious about your thinking.

Ok.. let's try

1.) "Pushed his fraud lies" "took concerted efforts to steal the 2020 election"

First of all.. your question starts with the presumption that it's a some sort of fact Trump tried to "Steal" an election. I don't agree with that presumption. As far as "pushed his fraud lies" do you mean questioning election results? Calling for an investigation into the votes? All candidates have the right to question results... so I don't see why this should make it OK to weaponize the DOJ to target him politically, unless your into authoritarian states... think that is "cool". Which I do not.

2.) Who says Trump is "anti democratic" by who's authority is this claim true?? I don't agree with the statement. You will need to elaborate on how Trump is "Anti Democratic."

Thanks for answering.

1) A legitimate questioning of election results is bound by the exhaustion of legitimate venue in coming to the determination of its validity. Trump lost 60 court cases challenging the election. Yet he refused to accept it, and then made repeated illicit attempts outside of that accepted framework to achieve his goals. Corruptly pressuring election officials, scheming to create alternate electors, humoring enacting martial law to seize voting machines, nearly firing the AG at the DoJ to replace with a crony that would do his bidding, asking his VP to go against the Constitution and refuse to validate the electors, and then sitting there watching as violence consumed the Capitol, interrupting a once peaceful democratic process which he did nothing to stop until three hours had passed.

These are not legitimate nor innocuous actions in the contesting of an election, and if you believe they are, I would appreciate an explanation as to how. DoJ is not targeting Trump politically, it is holding him to account for these attempts to corruptly subvert our democratic process after his "questioning" of our election results failed.

2) By the authority of Trump's actions is the claim true. Someone who is pro-democracy honors and acknowledges democratic outcomes within the legitimate allowances of that system, even when they go against one's own interests. Trump didn't, on the contrary he actively took initiative to destroy it illegally when all legal means weren't successful.

If you can explain to me how Trump respects democracy in light of his actions acting against it after all legitimate options were exhausted, then I'm all ears.

What is up with the vague claims?

"Corruptly pressuring elected officials" what does that even mean? This holds no weight.

"Trump lost 60 court cases cases challenging the election" so what? So he went through the legal process and lost?? So what's your beef with that?

"and then sitting there watching as violence consumed the Capitol, interrupting a once peaceful democratic process which he did nothing to stop until three hours had passed."

Bro.. while speaking at the capital he told protestors to march peacefully.. he tweeted publicly to remain peaceful. Your interpretation of Trump instigating and telling people to riot or something.. or at the least not saying anything.. because he endorsed violence..when he was quite literally saying the exact opposite while speaking at the capital is ridiculous. Fun fact Twitter even censored one of his tweets calling for people to remain peaceful at the time.

humoring enacting martial law to seize voting machines

Ah yes the humoring of maybe doing something but didn't.. wtf man..

nearly firing the AG

I nearly drove home drunk from a friends house one night.. but decided against it after thinking it over and decided to crash on the couch instead..

And as far the "elector scheme", I'm just going to default to what I've already said on the matter further up the thread..

Now we got the NY DA trying to take 450 million from Trump and seize his properties as he runs for re election.. a woman who ran on the promise of taking down Trump.. but yeah.. it's not political.. this is "justice". Nah, this is a clown show, it's embarrassing. Democrats are showing thier ass, they know them chickens are coming home to roost. The jig is up. Cats out of the bag. Your going to see Trump come back for another 4 years and the irony is.. alot of it is thier fault. The ones desperately trying to keep him out.

They over shot.

And I'm here for it!! Going to be one of the most hilarious cases of egg on the face for the dems and give trump one of the craziest redemption arcs in political history. Legendary lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1752 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@sargentd: Trump did not concede the election. He still insists he won. He was part of the fake electors scheme, he pressured swing states to find fake votes for him, he incited his followers to go to the Capitol to take back their country. What happened there IS because of him and according to the 14th Amendment, he cannot hold office. There is more to the Constitution than the first two Amendments which seems as far as magas go.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1753  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@JimB said:
@comp_atkins said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If I have to tell you how the law works then I'm disappointed dude.

You said he played by different rules... then didn't detail what rules... you then deflected to "the law" ... and then didn't detail which law? Did the court violate state or federal law by their court order related to the appeal?

seems you're being a little pedantic here...

i doubt the judge violated the law when he gave trump extra time to hand in his homework and lowered the bar for a passing grade. i'm sure the law allows for the court to make decisions like these. the whole argument of a tiered justice system is not that there's literally a second set of laws on the books that you can look up. it's the application of laws.

you know if it was some clown that got hit with a $50K judgement and wasn't able to secure a bond in time that 98% of the time the judge's response would be "sorry about that, but the law is the law, lets empty those bank accounts and sell your property to cover the appeal bond, oh, and you also owe an extra $8K in interest!"

Bernie Madoff bilked millions of people out of several billion dollars and his bond was ten million dollars. Trump cheated no one, no one lost money and his bond was four hunderd and seventy-five million. There is only one explaination it was political. Also the bond amount violates the eight ammendment of the constitution, of course whe do the Democrats ever abide by the constitution.

Madoff's was charged in criminal court, not a civil suit. It's not the same thing at all. His bond wasn't money held after a judgement was rendered while the case made its way through appeal. Entirely different circumstances.

bond amount is entirely constitutional given trump's net worth.

The same law was used. It doesn't matter what court it was in except in Trump's case he should have been tried in criminal court. The problem was there was no victim so no crime. It was a political case or should I say election interference.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1754 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The US will have to provide the lions share for the rebuilding of Ukraine like we have to do for every thing else, Nato, the UN or anyother world problem. Maybe you should take a look at the balance sheet on who pays what.

Jim, you're the last person I'd go to for facts.

Who pays the largest share to the UN, WHO, and Nato? The US. Nato was formed to protect the European counties from Russia. Yet Germany who doesn't pay their allotted share goes to Russia for energy when the US could have provided it to them. Talk about stabbing somebody in the back, but of course you will bend over and say give me another one.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1755  Edited By JimB

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The US will have to provide the lions share for the rebuilding of Ukraine like we have to do for every thing else, Nato, the UN or anyother world problem. Maybe you should take a look at the balance sheet on who pays what.

Who pays the largest share to the UN, WHO, and Nato? The US. Nato was formed to protect the European counties from Russia. Yet Germany who doesn't pay their allotted share goes to Russia for energy when the US could have provided it to them. Talk about stabbing somebody in the back, but of course you will bend over and say give me another one.

I just rechecked my facts and they have not changed. The US pays the most for all the organizations I mentioned by far.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1756 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@JimB said:
@comp_atkins said:
@JimB said:
@comp_atkins said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You said he played by different rules... then didn't detail what rules... you then deflected to "the law" ... and then didn't detail which law? Did the court violate state or federal law by their court order related to the appeal?

seems you're being a little pedantic here...

i doubt the judge violated the law when he gave trump extra time to hand in his homework and lowered the bar for a passing grade. i'm sure the law allows for the court to make decisions like these. the whole argument of a tiered justice system is not that there's literally a second set of laws on the books that you can look up. it's the application of laws.

you know if it was some clown that got hit with a $50K judgement and wasn't able to secure a bond in time that 98% of the time the judge's response would be "sorry about that, but the law is the law, lets empty those bank accounts and sell your property to cover the appeal bond, oh, and you also owe an extra $8K in interest!"

Bernie Madoff bilked millions of people out of several billion dollars and his bond was ten million dollars. Trump cheated no one, no one lost money and his bond was four hunderd and seventy-five million. There is only one explaination it was political. Also the bond amount violates the eight ammendment of the constitution, of course whe do the Democrats ever abide by the constitution.

Madoff's was charged in criminal court, not a civil suit. It's not the same thing at all. His bond wasn't money held after a judgement was rendered while the case made its way through appeal. Entirely different circumstances.

bond amount is entirely constitutional given trump's net worth.

The same law was used. It doesn't matter what court it was in except in Trump's case he should have been tried in criminal court. The problem was there was no victim so no crime. It was a political case or should I say election interference.

the same law was no used.

madoff was charged with felony securities fraud at the federal level.

trump was accused and tried in a civil suit under new york executive law.

the differences do matter.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1757 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Poland pays the largest share of their GDP. US is only in second. Germany paid their 2% this year.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1758  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Poland pays the largest share of their GDP. US is only in second. Germany paid their 2% this year.

Germany didn't pay thier 2% this year. but they said they were going to try to meet thier 2% obligation towards defense they are supposed to be paying.. over the next couple years.. https://www.statista.com/statistics/810406/ratio-of-military-expenditure-to-gross-domestic-product-gdp-germany/

Germany has consistantly under paid for years, free loader country, and when Trump called them out for underpayment and taking Russian oil.. while underpayment of thier defense into NATO they laughed at him.

Poland has kept good on thier obligation on defense spending. 3.9% Compared to our 3.5%

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1759  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@sargentd: What is up with the vague claims?

"Corruptly pressuring elected officials" what does that even mean? This holds no weight.

Stop being intentionally obtuse, you know exactly what I'm referring to. Raffensperger? Pence? God knows how many others that weren't recorded that we don't even know about.

"I only need 10,780 votes, c'mon, give me a break". Which is a statement that proves Trump had zero interest in finding out how many votes were fraudulent, he was only interested in finding the exact amount necessary for him to win. That demonstrates his motive and what's driving him, and we have this on tape. Explain to me why someone who's intent is supposedly to discover the fraud and protect the integrity of an election asks instead for exactly the number required to win it?

"and then sitting there watching as violence consumed the Capitol, interrupting a once peaceful democratic process which he did nothing to stop until three hours had passed."

Bro.. while speaking at the capital he told protestors to march peacefully.. he tweeted publicly to remain peaceful. Your interpretation of Trump instigating and telling people to riot or something.. or at the least not saying anything.. because he endorsed violence..when he was quite literally saying the exact opposite while speaking at the capital is ridiculous. Fun fact Twitter even censored one of his tweets calling for people to remain peaceful at the time.

Actions speak louder than words. Explain to me why Trump sat for over three hours watching the chaos unfold if he didn't approve of it? Why didn't he immediately get on TV and ask for a peaceful demonstration and cessation of the violence? He instead tweeted more inflammatory tweets about Pence not having the courage to do what was right, as well as told a congressman on the phone who was screaming at him to call it off, "Well, I guess these people care more about a stolen election than you do....". His family and staff were pleading with him. We have this documented, and it speaks to his mindset about the violence occurring.

As for the censored tweet, we don't. Provide it. It doesn't matter regardless, a tweet is insufficient to address the violence, an immediate press conference is.

Speaks to intent and motive, and substantiates the conspiracy.

nearly firing the AG

I nearly drove home drunk from a friends house one night.. but decided against it after thinking it over and decided to crash on the couch instead..

Aside, the only reason he didn't do that was the entirety of the DoJ essentially threatened to resign in protest, rendering an entire institution impotent and ineffectual to his corrupt attempts.......analogous to your friends restraining you from driving home drunk. That was not to Trump's credit, his hand was basically forced by the non-cooperation and threats of a bunch of people who put their foot down in opposition. Everything that put a stop to Trump was not of his own doing.

And as far the "elector scheme", I'm just going to default to what I've already said on the matter further up the thread..

Now we got the NY DA trying to take 450 million from Trump and seize his properties as he runs for re election.. a woman who ran on the promise of taking down Trump.. but yeah.. it's not political.. this is "justice". Nah, this is a clown show, it's embarrassing. Democrats are showing thier ass, they know them chickens are coming home to roost. The jig is up. Cats out of the bag. Your going to see Trump come back for another 4 years and the irony is.. alot of it is thier fault. The ones desperately trying to keep him out.

What does that have to do with anything Trump attempting the fake elector's plot??

You still haven't answered my question, btw.....to humor the argument: if you agreed with me that Trump was anti-democratic, then would you agree that precluding him from the ballot would be a pro-democratic move?

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1760 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

If you're interested in learning what Trump is like as a person, watch this. https://youtu.be/k9RweR9EUSg?si=0xbUoifldF_wvByP

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1761 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:

@sargentd: What is up with the vague claims?

Stop being intentionally obtuse, you know exactly what I'm referring to. Raffensperger? Pence? God knows how many others that weren't recorded that we don't even know about.

"I only need 10,780 votes, c'mon, give me a break". Which is a statement that proves Trump had zero interest in finding out how many votes were fraudulent, he was only interested in finding the exact amount necessary for him to win. That demonstrates his motive and what's driving him, and we have this on tape. Explain to me why someone who's intent is supposedly to discover the fraud and protect the integrity of an election asks instead for exactly the number required to win it?

Actions speak louder than words. Explain to me why Trump sat for over three hours watching the chaos unfold if he didn't approve of it? Why didn't he immediately get on TV and ask for a peaceful demonstration and cessation of the violence? He instead tweeted more inflammatory tweets about Pence not having the courage to do what was right, as well as told a congressman on the phone who was screaming at him to call it off, "Well, I guess these people care more about a stolen election than you do....". His family and staff were pleading with him. We have this documented, and it speaks to his mindset about the violence occurring.

As for the censored tweet, we don't. Provide it. It doesn't matter regardless, a tweet is insufficient to address the violence, an immediate press conference is.

nearly firing the AG

Aside, the only reason he didn't do that was the entirety of the DoJ essentially threatened to resign in protest, rendering an entire institution impotent and ineffectual to his corrupt attempts.......analogous to your friends restraining you from driving home drunk. That was not to Trump's credit, his hand was basically forced by the non-cooperation and threats of a bunch of people who put their foot down in opposition. Everything that put a stop to Trump was not of his own doing.

What does that have to do with anything Trump attempting the fake elector's plot??

You still haven't answered my question, btw.....to humor the argument: if you agreed with me that Trump was anti-democratic, then would you agree that precluding him from the ballot would be a pro-democratic move?

I dont agree with your initial claim, so if I believe your presumption you've made in the question asked..is false.. then what do you expect me to say??

Your literally telling me to agree with something I dont... and then to use that to justify trying to keep him off the ballot?? Not a ******* chance.

Your question can't be answered...

It's like me saying

Joe Biden definitely kicks babies.. and if Joe biden kicks babies.. you would agree he should be locked up right?? Right????

This is nonsense

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1762 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:

I dont agree with your initial claim, so if I believe your presumption you've made in the question asked..is false.. then what do you expect me to say??

Your literally telling me to agree with something I dont... and then to use that to justify trying to keep him off the ballot?? Not a ******* chance.

It's like me saying

Joe Biden definitely kicks babies.. and if Joe biden kicks babies.. you would agree he should be locked up right?? Right????

This is nonsense

I’m not trying to have you agree with me, not my intention at all.

I’m trying to understand how you reconcile your position that Trump isn’t anti-democratic in light of the examples I’ve provided that evidence that he is. These evidences don’t prove it, but they do strongly support it. Simple denial only affirms your position, it doesn’t defend, extrapolate or rationalize it, and I’d hope the foundation of your support of Trump extends deeper than just, “Nope, he’s not“.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1763 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

It's like me saying

This is nonsense

I’m trying to understand how you reconcile your position that Trump isn’t anti-democratic in light of the examples I’ve provided that evidence that he is. These evidences don’t prove it, but they do strongly support it. Simple denial only affirms your position, it doesn’t defend, extrapolate or rationalize it, and I’d hope the foundation of your support of Trump extends deeper than just, “Nope, he’s not“.

You've already figured out my position.. but you still can't see it. So I bolded it for you.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1764  Edited By MirkoS77
@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

It's like me saying

This is nonsense

You've already figured out my position.. but you still can't see it. So I bolded it for you.

No, I see it fine, I just can’t understand it taken in light of the evidence.

There’s a difference.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1765 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@MirkoS77: Tribalism. You are talking to a guy who disbelieves claims like this with overwhelming evidence, but believes claims about Hunter Biden that were literally proven to be made up by bad actors.

You're arguing against an emotional response with a logical one. You can't win because you two aren't speaking the same language.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1766  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

@sargentd What do you think of this person? Her political views and stances?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1767  Edited By SargentD
@DEVILinIRON said:

@sargentd What do you think of this person? Her political views and stances?

Built like a man and grosses me out.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1768 Ospi

"Political views and stances"

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1769 SargentD

@mattbbpl said:

@MirkoS77: Tribalism. You are talking to a guy who disbelieves claims like this with overwhelming evidence, but believes claims about Hunter Biden that were literally proven to be made up by bad actors.

You're arguing against an emotional response with a logical one. You can't win because you two aren't speaking the same language.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1770 SargentD
@Ospi said:

Which ones?

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1771  Edited By Ospi

@sargentd: Not sure, that's for Devil to clarify. I was just helping you out with some reading comprehension.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1772  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@sargentd said:
@Ospi said:

Which ones?

Haven't gotten terribly well acquainted with her views. But I suppose this will do:

"Greene has promoted antisemitic, white supremacist, and far-right conspiracy theories, including the white genocide conspiracy theory,[6][7] QAnon, and Pizzagate.[8][9] Other extremist conspiracy theories[10][11] she has promoted include government involvement in mass shootings in the United States, baseless allegations of murder against the Clinton family, and 9/11 conspiracy theories.[12][13] Before running for Congress, she supported calls to execute prominent Democratic Party politicians, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.[14] As a congresswoman, she equated the Democratic Party with Nazis, and compared COVID-19 safety measures to the persecution of Jews during the Holocaust,[15][16][17] later apologizing for this comparison.[18] During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Greene promoted Russian propaganda and praised Vladimir Putin.[19] Greene identifies as a Christian nationalist.[20]"

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1773 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: Stop it, you'll make Sargent fall in love!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1774 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@DEVILinIRON: Stop it, you'll make Sargent fall in love!

Wouldn't that be against his political beliefs? Built like a man I mean...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1775  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sargentd said:

"The walls are closing in"

For like the 137473939x time.

I'm tired of this stupid shit, he's running for president.

If you want to beat him in 2024 you'll have to do it with votes, not by using the DOJ to go after him.

Super dangerous precident this is.

Trump already used his DOJ so the precedent was set. You get what you ask for. Not that the DOJ is actually doing anything about the traitors in Congress. Or going after Trump for his part in the insurrection.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1776 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Lol, you couldn't have proven my point any better if you'd tried. Bravo!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1777  Edited By SargentD
@DEVILinIRON said:
@sargentd said:
@Ospi said:

Which ones?

Haven't gotten terribly well acquainted with her views. But I suppose this will do:

"Greene has promoted antisemitic, white supremacist, and far-right conspiracy theories, including the white genocide conspiracy theory,[6][7] QAnon, and Pizzagate.[8][9] Other extremist conspiracy theories[10][11] she has promoted include government involvement in mass shootings in the United States, baseless allegations of murder against the Clinton family, and 9/11 conspiracy theories.[12][13] Before running for Congress, she supported calls to execute prominent Democratic Party politicians, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.[14] As a congresswoman, she equated the Democratic Party with Nazis, and compared COVID-19 safety measures to the persecution of Jews during the Holocaust,[15][16][17] later apologizing for this comparison.[18] During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Greene promoted Russian propaganda and praised Vladimir Putin.[19] Greene identifies as a Christian nationalist.[20]"

I'm not familiar with her either, she's a GA rep, I'm in VA

I thought you were going to share policy stances.

None of these seem like it, seems more like comments and conspiracy theories. Ask me something specific I'll answer

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1778 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Maga doesn't have policy. Just culture wars.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1779  Edited By MirkoS77
@mattbbpl said:

Yup, seems to be the case with most Trumpers.

They demand the unobtainable standard of mathematical proof in the ascertainment of human behavior when it comes to their own side and Trump, even in light of actions and statements that establish motive and thinking easily beyond all reasonable doubt, yet when it comes to the other side? Nope, Alex Jones said Twitter censored Trump’s tweets for peace, or when all else fails, a simple, “Nope, I don’t believe it!”

Seems to be as simple as that. Completely unable to see the double standard they hold others to. These people are hopelessly beyond reason.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1780 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@mattbbpl said:

They demand the unobtainable standard of mathematical proof in the ascertainment of human behavior when it comes to their own side and Trump

Oh yeah.. asking for a conviction of a crime before just assuming they are guilty is so crazy lol..

innocent before proven guilty.. the insane standard by the MAGA crowd.. lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1781 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mattbbpl said:

They demand the unobtainable standard of mathematical proof in the ascertainment of human behavior when it comes to their own side and Trump

Oh yeah.. asking for a conviction of a crime before just assuming they are guilty is so crazy lol..

Oh, please.

You really expect people to believe that if convicted, you’re suddenly going to change your tune and acknowledge his guilt? Give me a break.

One with a functioning brain doesn’t require a rubber stamped institutional approval to recognize a blatantly explicit truth, and you and others will never recognize a verdict from said institution that you’ve been crying corrupt and politicized since forever anyway.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1782 Ospi

@MirkoS77: His parishioners don't even believe the result of fair elections so there's zero chance they'll ever believe the outcome of these trials unless it's full acquittal. If they haven't clued up after being lied to over and over again by Trump by now there's little hope.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1783 SargentD

@Ospi said:

@MirkoS77: His parishioners don't even believe the result of fair elections so there's zero chance they'll ever believe the outcome of these trials unless it's full acquittal. If they haven't clued up after being lied to over and over again by Trump by now there's little hope.

Greatest president of my lifetime.

unapologetically MAGA.

Looking forward to having him back, getting rid of the dementia potato, and getting this country back on track.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1784 MirkoS77

@Ospi said:

Exactly.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1785  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@sargentd Are you a white supremacist?

What are your thoughts on the Confederacy of the South?

What would "make America great again" in your own words?

What do you think of Democrats?

Should any Democrats be punished, beaten, or killed for their beliefs and or political involvement?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1786  Edited By SargentD
@DEVILinIRON said:

@sargentd Are you a white supremacist?

No lmao!!

What are your thoughts on the Confederacy of the South?

They were the army of the South durring the Civil War.

A very bloody internal conflict that killed more Americans than any other war in our nation's history.

I have ancestory that fought for both the north and the south.

What would "make America great again" in your own words?

Bring back domestic manufacturing.

Stop selling out our domestic buisness to foreign nations for cheap labor.

Focus on becoming a leader in energy production worldwide, natural gas, oil, Green, Nuclear.

Take care of Americans domestically before sending billions of aide to foreign nations. (Seniors, youth, vets, homeless)

Secure our Nations border and detain and deport those who enter illegally.

Stop involving ourselves in constant foreign conflict we shouldn't be involved in.

Promote and support the idea of the nuclear family. Give Americans more of an incentive to get married and start families.

Promote school choice.

Recognize that the constitution is the Supreme law of the land.

Term Limits for Congress and Senate as well as restrictions on how they are allowed to make money while in office. (Eliminate special interest payments, eliminate insider trading, eliminate lobbyists)

*these are just some of the first things that came to mind*

What do you think of Democrats?

They aren't the party they used to be. My grandfather was a hard-core Democrat, he worked on the railroad and was a coal miner, a WW2/Korean War vet, a family man, and a christian. He would be disgusted by what the democrats have turned into in the modern day. A marxist, race baiting, socialist, globalist, anti christian, authoritarian, shit show of a party.

*not to say the Republicans are great, they got plenty of issues too but not nearly as bad as the modern day democrat party*

Should any Democrats be punished, beaten, or killed for their beliefs and or political involvement?

Democrats deserve to be treated the way they treat people who aren't democrats. I wouldn't support violence unless it's in defense of thier violence.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1787  Edited By SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mattbbpl said:

Oh, please.

You really expect people to believe that if convicted, you’re suddenly going to change your tune and acknowledge his guilt? Give me a break.

Answer this for me.

If Trump is not Convicted. Will you admit Trump is innocent?

Will you admit he didn't break the law? Will you admit this is a witch hunt to hurt him politically going into an election?

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1788 Ospi

@sargentd: generally when someone asks you a question you'll answer it prior to asking your own.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1789  Edited By MirkoS77
@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Oh, please.

Answer this for me.

If Trump is not Convicted. Will you admit Trump is innocent?

Will you admit he didn't break the law? Will you admit this is a witch hunt to hurt him politically going into an election?

That’s impossible to answer until I‘ve seen the case and evidences presented and argued, on both the prosecution and defense’s side.

If Trump is found not guilty of attempting to illegally overturn the election, for example, I will respect the court’s determination that Trump’s actions didn’t meet the legal requirements to substantiate the specific charges against him. That does not mean, however, that I‘ll suddenly believe his actions weren’t anti-democratic and corrupt. I know factually from seeing them with my own eyes they were, combined with the character and values Trump exemplifies. I know who this man is, and that will never change. What will change is that I’ll concede that the law exonerated him by their standard.

You do understand that being found not guilty is not at all synonymous with being declared innocent, yes? All it means is that a substantiation to meet a legal metric of guilt was not met. That is entirely separate from the actual guilt of one’s actions.

To your last two questions:

Yes, if he’s found not guilty there’s no alternative than to admit that in the eyes of the law, he did not break it.

No, I will never admit this is a politically motivated witch hunt. Trump‘s simply being held responsible for his actions for the first time in his entire life.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1790 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

"The walls are closing in"

For like the 137473939x time.

I'm tired of this stupid shit, he's running for president.

If you want to beat him in 2024 you'll have to do it with votes, not by using the DOJ to go after him.

Super dangerous precident this is.

Trump already used his DOJ so the precedent was set. You get what you ask for. Not that the DOJ is actually doing anything about the traitors in Congress. Or going after Trump for his part in the insurrection.

Trump has never been charged with insuraction or convicted. Stop spreading lies. Maybe they can charge Trump when they charge BLM.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1791 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@sargentd said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

@sargentd

Take care of Americans domestically before sending billions of aide to foreign nations. (Seniors, youth, vets, homeless)

How do you propose federal and state governments go ahead to attract manufacturing? Should OSHA requirements be lowered? Lower wages? In the end the decision about where to manufacture is in the hands of private entities, not public ones.

Do you want to spend more money on child care, VA, medicare, etc or something like universal healthcare? Public housing for homeless?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1792  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Trump has never been charged with insuraction or convicted. Stop spreading lies. Maybe they can charge Trump when they charge BLM.

Congratulations Jim. Now read what I said over and see if you get it this time. BLM has nothing to do with this so stop whataboutism. Democracy is more important than your culture wars.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1793 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Congratulations Jim. Now read what I said over and see if you get it this time. BLM has nothing to do with this so stop whataboutism. Democracy is more important than your culture wars.

They committed acts of insurrections. Look up the definition of insurrection, but BLM are backed by the Democratic Party so they get a pass.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1794 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They committed acts of insurrections. Look up the definition of insurrection, but BLM are backed by the Democratic Party so they get a pass.

Insurrection.....a violent uprising against an authority or government.

BLM has nothing to do with an attack on our government Jim. I see you still don't understand the words.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1795  Edited By SargentD
@horgen said:
@sargentd said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

@sargentd

How do you propose federal and state governments go ahead to attract manufacturing? Should OSHA requirements be lowered? Lower wages? In the end the decision about where to manufacture is in the hands of private entities, not public ones.

give tax incentives for companies to build domestically to support our economy. Penalize companies that outsource and move jobs outside the country.

Do you want to spend more money on child care, VA, medicare, etc or something like universal healthcare? Public housing for homeless?

We have a spending problem and it's apart of why we are in such a deficit. I do want to put more money towards all those things you list and I think we can cut spending on less important things we currently spend money on and put it towards those things if we can combat special and foreign interests from our political system.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1796 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Insurrection.....a violent uprising against an authority or government.

BLM has nothing to do with an attack on our government Jim. I see you still don't understand the words.

BLM has done more everlasting damage to the country than the incident on January 6 which you and the Democrats an insurrection for talking points. As a result of BLM and the burning of cities and taking the lives of thirty people the defund the police movement began, bail reform was instituted in many Democrat cities which resulted in criminals being released back into the general public to commit more crimes. Stores are leaving once thriving cities because of crime what stores that are left are locking merchandise up behind plexiglass. Carjacking are up in all major cities. In the nations capitol congressmen and their staffs have been carjacked and assaulted. Elected progressive district attorneys have refused to prosecute crime or give extremely lenient sentences. Citizens no longer feel safe, the number of police in police departments has dropped to levels where they are not able to protect the citizens. This is all the result of George Floyd hysteria and BLM insurrection with the backing of the Democrat Party. If this is not an attack on our government I don't know what is.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1797 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

BLM has done more everlasting damage to the country than the incident on January 6 which you and the Democrats an insurrection for talking points. As a result of BLM and the burning of cities and taking the lives of thirty people the defund the police movement began, bail reform was instituted in many Democrat cities which resulted in criminals being released back into the general public to commit more crimes. Stores are leaving once thriving cities because of crime what stores that are left are locking merchandise up behind plexiglass. Carjacking are up in all major cities. In the nations capitol congressmen and their staffs have been carjacked and assaulted. Elected progressive district attorneys have refused to prosecute crime or give extremely lenient sentences. Citizens no longer feel safe, the number of police in police departments has dropped to levels where they are not able to protect the citizens. This is all the result of George Floyd hysteria and BLM insurrection with the backing of the Democrat Party. If this is not an attack on our government I don't know what is.

False. The damage to the country has been done by Trump. Unfortunately some of his base don't like facts and go with feelings and believe all his lies. He tried to take the vote away from American citizens. Don't pretend his fake elector's scheme wasn't talking away democracy.

FYI crime is actually down.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1798 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

False. The damage to the country has been done by Trump. Unfortunately some of his base don't like facts and go with feelings and believe all his lies. He tried to take the vote away from American citizens. Don't pretend his fake elector's scheme wasn't talking away democracy.

There was no damage done by Trump. The Democrats are interfering in elections all the time. They accuse the Republicans of activity they do because they think everyone is like them. We are living with the damage BLM and thew Democrats have done every day and the incident on January 6 was only one day. No wonder the country is in such bad shape you can't even recognize the problem let alone address them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1799 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

There was no damage done by Trump. The Democrats are interfering in elections all the time. They accuse the Republicans of activity they do because they think everyone is like them. We are living with the damage BLM and thew Democrats have done every day and the incident on January 6 was only one day. No wonder the country is in such bad shape you can't even recognize the problem let alone address them.

It was Republicans who had the fake elector scheme. It was Republicans who engaged a mob to interrupt the certification of the votes on the sixth of January. FYI it was also Republican voters who were caught actually cheating during the election to vote trump.

Stop whataboutism. BLM has NOTHING to do with this topic. But FYI since I know you don't get factual information from your propaganda sites, over 90% of the protests were peaceful and those who destroyed property were from BOTH political parties. Just stop Jim. It's apparent you have no defense of what the GOP has done and you know it.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1800 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

Back on topic: John Eastman, Trump's former lawyer and co-conspirator on the fake elector scheme, has just been disbarred in California for his efforts to help Trump overthrow the 2020 election.

It's ridiculous that they aren't all in prison yet, but eh, it's something.