Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1801 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

Oh, and there's a new civil suit in the mix: Trump and the co-founders of Truth Social are all suing each other for control of the company, while the company value circles the drain.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1802 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Back on topic: John Eastman, Trump's former lawyer and co-conspirator on the fake elector scheme, has just been disbarred in California for his efforts to help Trump overthrow the 2020 election.

It's ridiculous that they aren't all in prison yet, but eh, it's something.

A country that refuses to hold traitors accountable is destined to lose itself.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1803 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3408 Posts

Exclusive: Trump Media saved in 2022 by Russian-American under criminal investigation

Donald Trump’s social media company Trump Media managed to go public last week only after it had been kept afloat in 2022 by emergency loans provided in part by a Russian-American businessman under scrutiny in a federal insider-trading and money-laundering investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/03/trump-media-es-family-trust-2022-loans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1804  Edited By Planeforger

Turns out Trump is still struggling to pay the (heavily reduced) $175 million bond, even after he posted the bond on Monday.

The company that underwrote the bond has so far failed to demonstrate that it is capable of paying the bond or that it is financially sound. If they can't,Trump might have to start shopping for a new moneylender or risk losing his properties.

It's fun how a former president can't find a single legitimate company in the entire country to support him financially, but I guess if you spend your life ripping people off, it eventually comes back to bite you.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1805 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Turns out Trump is still struggling to pay the (heavily reduced) $175 million bond, even after he posted the bond on Monday.

The company that underwrote the bond has so far failed to demonstrate that it is capable of paying the bond or that it is financially sound. If they can't,Trump might have to start shopping for a new moneylender or risk losing his properties.

It's fun how a former president can't find a single legitimate company in the entire country to support him financially, but I guess if you spend your life ripping people off, it eventually comes back to bite you.

So he gets another 10 days, right?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1806 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44567 Posts

Looks like the bond could be in trouble (again), essentially the insurer is over leveraged. Oh boy, not looking good for Donnie...

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1807 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@Planeforger said:

trumps lawyers trying to get him to NOT lie on his bond application.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1808 KathaarianCode

I'm just disappointed that Sargent didn't bought enough Trump shoes.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1809  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8224 Posts
@kathaariancode said:

Democrats are a joke, this DA is a joke, they are making a mockery of NY and the country.

It's helping Trump win re election though.

Loading Video...

So let's hope they keep doing what they doing!!

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1810 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@sargentd said:
@kathaariancode said:

Democrats are a joke, this DA is a joke, they are making a mockery of NY and the country.

Loading Video...

So let's hope they keep doing what they doing!!

yup I can't wait the first day he is in.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1811 KathaarianCode

@gifford38: I've heard that he'll allow white men back in videogames. But only if you buy his shoes.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1812 Planeforger

@sargentd: Firstly, the only people saying "these court cases are helping Trump win" are from the right-wing media. No neutral, or international, or independent media sources are saying that. It simply isn't true.

Anyone who supported the "party of law and order" will feel conflicted about supporting a guy who is so obviously guilty of election fraud, hiding documents, etc. No moderates are going to be swayed by these court cases into suddenly voting for Trump. The only thing it does is further radicalise his base, who were already voting for him, and who were too small to win the last election.

Secondly, if these court cases were objectively unpopular and objectively helping Trump, the Democrats have access to exactly the same data and they'd pressure the various AGs to end the cases. The fact that they're still going, and that Trump is *squirming* under them, and that the right-wing media can't report on the cases truthfully without making Trump look terrible, suggests that these cases are hurting Trump now and will hurt him at the polls.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1813 Planeforger

Meanwhile, the Georgia case is going well. Trump's free speech defence was just shot down, so now he'll have to find some other way to excuse his attempts to tamper with the election there.

As a reminder, these are the criminal charges where Trump was caught on tape trying to pressure the Georgia Secretary of State to "find 11,780 votes", among other things.

Four of Trump's co-conspirators have already plead guilty to helping Trump's efforts to overthrow the election, and apologised to Georgia, so it's exciting to see what nonsense defence Trump tries next.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1814 lamprey263

We can likely soon see securities fraud added to his list of crimes. I knew when DJT went public on the stock market and was overvalued that he'd likely lie to help keep the stock price up and with it tanking quick he's already sticking his foot in his mouth. Oh well, the SEC can take a ticket wait their turn perhaps they can get him into court in several years.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1815 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58320 Posts

@Planeforger said:

@sargentd: Firstly, the only people saying "these court cases are helping Trump win" are from the right-wing media. No neutral, or international, or independent media sources are saying that. It simply isn't true.

Anyone who supported the "party of law and order" will feel conflicted about supporting a guy who is so obviously guilty of election fraud, hiding documents, etc. No moderates are going to be swayed by these court cases into suddenly voting for Trump. The only thing it does is further radicalise his base, who were already voting for him, and who were too small to win the last election.

Secondly, if these court cases were objectively unpopular and objectively helping Trump, the Democrats have access to exactly the same data and they'd pressure the various AGs to end the cases. The fact that they're still going, and that Trump is *squirming* under them, and that the right-wing media can't report on the cases truthfully without making Trump look terrible, suggests that these cases are hurting Trump now and will hurt him at the polls.

I really hope you're right but I think you might be underestimating the Republican voters that will just default to voting Republican, even if they don't like Trump. That's a long tradition for them to break and with Democrats not really offering anything they like, it's even less likely to happen.

Hope I'm wrong, and that I'm underestimating their resolve to do the right thing.

But ya, the only folks that actually legitimately like Trump at this point are the 15-20% of the MAGA extremists out there. Even the GOP politicians are saying things are bad behind closed doors.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1816 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58986 Posts

This woman aside from being a traitor is walking brain damage.

https://twitter.com/realXanderXjork/status/1777403612638966222

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1817  Edited By Robertos  Online
Member since 2023 • 967 Posts
@sargentd said:
@kathaariancode said:

He lost that case with Letitia James due to the overwhelming evidence, no youtube video will alter this. It's over. It's done. Crying about it won't help you. He is factually a fraudster (and rapist).

You should be upset at Trump for constantly getting into legal trouble by doing illegal things, not at people for following the law and going after him. Don't be like that. I thought you guys were the party of law and order lol.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1818 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Dang, that hard turn in the middle gave me whiplash.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1819 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:

This woman aside from being a traitor is walking brain damage.

https://twitter.com/realXanderXjork/status/1777403612638966222

Does anyone actually buy into this shit!? It's just complete nonsense!

And lies! Why isn't it illegal to lie like that? Is it? Should it be? Or is this an example of "well it's not technically lying because you can't prove they haven't killed any Christians!"

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1820  Edited By mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:
@kathaariancode said:

How much DJT Truth Social stock did you buy?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1821 KathaarianCode

@mrbojangles25: To the moon!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1822  Edited By uninspiredcup

https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/1777804001582481687

"If I had it my way, we would have been successful on January 6 and Joe Biden wouldn't be president"

Amazing.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1823 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I love how the Republicans are sabotaging themselves with abortion. AZ dragging itself back to the 1800s, way to go guys. 👍🏼🙄 If Trump gets back in, expect even more. But hey, at least a few cents cheaper gas…..priorities!

The overwhelming majority of Americans are against this. The Democrats should be hammering it home every chance they get.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1824 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Listen.... They have a written plan for an autogulpe next year, and a failed attempt at one the prior presidential election. We don't need any more evidence that these people are traitors. Everything additional just adds to the undeniable pile.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1825  Edited By Planeforger

A NY court has rejected Trump's latest attempts to delay the Stormy Daniels hush money trial.

Trump has also tried to win the court of public opinion by posting 'evidence' on his failing social media platform, but (a) it doesn't actually help his case and (b) it won't matter in a court of law.

Once again, we're in a situation where Trump will grandstand and lie to his followers online, crumple during the actual trial, then head back online for more outraged grandstanding.

Ooh, in other news, Trump's crack legal team subpoenaed the wrong guy for the hush money case. They wanted files from DA investigator Jeremy Rosenberg, but they actually subpoenaed some random guy called Jeremy Rosenberg from Brooklyn. He doesn't have any files.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1826 lamprey263

First day of trial he falls asleep. He's warned of he acts up, misses court, he'll be taken into custody.

Maybe his only victory is not having the Access Hollywood tape being played as it's at the center of motive for the capture and kill plot, but the jury will be allowed to see transcript. There's going to be quite a bit of testimony to other payments made that shape the prosecutions argument that they silenced people who had embarrassing sex stories about Trump.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1827 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts
Loading Video...

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1828  Edited By Ospi
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

Confession to a crime is the 4d chess I expect from Trump.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1829 lamprey263

I wished Obama and Hillary weren't above showing up to sit in the audience just to gaslight him. He'd throw such a fit he'd be spending the rest of the trial at Rikers.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1830  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I wished Obama and Hillary weren't above showing up to sit in the audience just to gaslight him. He'd throw such a fit he'd be spending the rest of the trial at Rikers.

Haha, that's a genius idea. Would be hilaryous to see that.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1831 Planeforger

So Trump is trapped at court every day until this case is over, or else he'll be arrested for bail jumping. That's magnificent.

So far he has fallen asleep on both days of the proceedings. Sleepy Don, low energy, etc.

It's also hilarious that he argued he should be campaigning right now, since he was the reason this trial was delayed for so long.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1832 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

He’s falling asleep (or pretending to) as yet another way of showing disrespect and contempt to the courts and the law, and to provoke them so it gives him the opportunity to cry victim some more.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1833 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

@MirkoS77: that's just called being a conservative though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1834  Edited By lamprey263

Word is recently Trump is repeatedly violating his gag orders and talking about the jury. This will likely he the first thing addressed tomorrow morning in court. I expect Trump to be spending the a night or few at Rikers for this and/or future instances. The judge made it clear from the start he wouldn't tolerate this behavior, guess we'll see if it's just empty words like with other judges.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1835 Planeforger

This is an open and shut case, and Trump knows he can't possibly win this one.

So naturally, he's moved on to plan B: intimidate the jury, and intimidate the witnesses.

I guess when you're on trial for a dozen different crimes, you may as well just keep committing all of the crimes, right?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1836 SargentD

Lol!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1837  Edited By Robertos  Online
Member since 2023 • 967 Posts

@sargentd said:

Lol!

But they did get him, and multiple times. He literally lost several major court cases and even an election since 2017.

• Judge clarifies: Yes, Trump was found to have raped E. Jean Carroll - The Washington Post
  • Trump ordered to pay $83.3M for defaming E. Jean Carroll - POLITICO
  • Trump ordered to pay $354.9m by New York court in civil fraud case | Donald Trump News | Al Jazeera
  • Federal court approves $25 million Trump University settlement (nbcnews.com)
  • Donald J. Trump Pays Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Trump Foundation Funds (ny.gov)
  • Presidential Election Results and Electoral Map 2020 (cnn.com)

You're living in an alternate reality lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1838  Edited By lamprey263

He still has his $175M bond issue on the line, his lawyers will go to court without him on Monday to hash that out. If the lender can't convince the judge they have the financial leverage to cover the bond, he might learn on that very same day he starts his criminal trial the DA will have carte blanche to go after his assets (about half a billion dollars worth). The company that posted the bond has a shady past so this can go either which way, but it will be interesting to see Trump's court demeanor being reported that day should the hearing over the bond's integrity go against him. Potential epic meltdown ahead.

Plus, he has his hearings over his numerous violations the gag order the next day, Tuesday the 23rd. Here's hoping the judge is going stick to his previous warning, hold Trump in contempt, send him to Rikers during the duration of the trial, plus seize his cellphone. Still, this two sided legal system Trump complains about always shows considerable deference toward him to his own benefit. Quite possible he might get small slap on the wrist for each violation with fines, for now. Still, there's another jump ball that could go either way.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1839  Edited By lamprey263

Someone just set themselves on fire on live TV outside the courthouse.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1840 uninspiredcup

Do we know Sarge' location?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1841 lamprey263

this doesn't have the MO of a MAGA extremist, they'd be more likely to try attacking some federal/state building, I'd more likely assume this is some protest to Israel's current conflict, perhaps in response to Israel's attacks against Iran... anyhow, sure we'll get more information shortly.

If it is a MAGA die-hard, perhaps one that put their savings in DJT stock. Anybody's guess at this point.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1842 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

not the brightest idea

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1843  Edited By SargentD
@lamprey263 said:

I saw it live, just happened to have ABC on and saw him walking in the background on fire, thought I was tripping because the news lady wasn't saying anything about it.. then the fire spread and she kept saying their was a black bag on fire.. then they extinguished the fire and the camera panned to the "bag" that was definitely a dude.. a ashy curled up dude.. not a bag.. cameras immediately got cut off.. shit was ****ed up

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1844 SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:

Do we know Sarge' location?

I'm OK lol!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1845 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:
@lamprey263 said:

I saw it live, just happened to have ABC on and saw him walking in the background on fire, thought I was tripping because the news lady wasn't saying anything about it.. then the fire spread and she kept saying their was a black bag on fire.. then they extinguished the fire and the camera panned to the "bag" that was definitely a dude.. a ashy curled up dude.. not a bag.. cameras immediately got cut off.. shit was ****ed up

Guy who done it recently and filmed it. An idiot.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by that.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1846  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@lamprey263 said:

Guy who done it recently and filmed it. An idiot.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by that.

Didn't that guy do it over Palestine?

Can't imagine someone doing it over a stormy daniels hush money case.. even if that would be comical lol

Guy could just be unstable and wanted to take his life out where there were cameras.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1847  Edited By uninspiredcup

Just saw clip of it put out, his legs are in the air and his arms are twitching, so he might alive.

Although he now does look like Liam Neeson in Darkman.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1848 lamprey263

@comp_atkins said:
@lamprey263 said:

not the brightest idea

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1849 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:

Just saw clip of it put ut, his legs are in the air and his arms are twitching, so he might live.

Although he now does look like Liam Neeson in Darkman.

Yup lol.. Darwin award

If he lives he's going to be so scarred. It looked really bad

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1850 lamprey263

One witness nearby said the guy threw papers into the air before setting himself on fire. Word was rhe papers had some far fetched conspiracy theory dribble... hmm, perhaps it is MAGA, they love that Q-crap.