SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8224 Posts

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-launches-drone-attack-israel-expected-unfold-over-hours-2024-04-13/

JERUSALEM/DUBAI, April 13 (Reuters) - Iran launched a swarm of explosive drones and fired missiles at Israel late on Saturday in its first-ever direct attack on Israeli territory, risking a major escalation as the United States pledged "ironclad" backing for Israel.Sirens wailed and Reuters journalists in Israel said they heard distant heavy thuds and bangs from what local media called aerial interceptions of explosive drones. Authorities said a 7-year-old girl was critically injured.

Oh boy gonna drag us back into the middle east.. fantastic

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4231 Posts

Hhhhhhhhhhh this, again.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@sargentd: To be fair, we never left.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SargentD

@statisticalpc: yeah.. but now with Iran.. this is bullshit..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd: Maybe Iran shouldn't be lobbing spit-wads around the classroom.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Robertos  Online
Member since 2023 • 967 Posts

This is why I hoped Israel would have stopped their genocide campaign months ago, I knew some bullshit escalation would eventually occur.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

To be frank, Israel have had several opportunities to lower tensions and draw back, they are putting themselves in a vulnerable position by trying to constantly project strength.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SargentD
@statisticalpc said:

Well.. in Iran's defense (can't believe I'm saying this)

Israel apparently bombed Irans Embassy first

I just want the US to stay out of it.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Some time ago I shook my head in frustration because of the situation. Almost forgot about what is going on over there. But here we are at another escalation. Ugly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:

Allegedly.

Honestly, they probably did it to themselves. I have redneck family members who stage attacks, etc. to try and scam money out of people. It seems like something the persian kingdom would do.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD

@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:

Allegedly.

Honestly, they probably did it to themselves. I have redneck family members who stage attacks, etc. to try and scam money out of people. It seems like something the persian kingdom would do.

What?? Lol..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd: I'm dead serious. Israel has denied their involvement in the embassy bombing. I would not put it past Iran to have staged it as an excuse to attack Israel.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SargentD

@statisticalpc: more interested in your redneck family that staged attacks to scam money !! Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:

@statisticalpc: more interested in your redneck family that staged attacks to scam money !! Lol

Oh! lol.

They try and scam well-off family members out of money. Their favorite pastime is to stage harassment claims. They falsify emails, text messages, phone calls, etc. and attempt to bring legal action against their targets (family members). Almost all of their BS is immediately tossed out, but I have to give them credit for their persistence.

Don't worry, they claim to be true Americans and hate Communism.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:

Oh! lol.

They try and scam well-off family members out of money. Their favorite pastime is to stage harassment claims. They falsify emails, text messages, phone calls, etc. and attempt to bring legal action against their targets (family members). Almost all of their BS is immediately tossed out, but I have to give them credit for their persistence.

I find your story hard to believe..

But I will believe it because I find it entertaining lol!

Sounds more like scammers from India rather than rednecks.

Never heard of rednecks falsifying emails to scam people for money lol

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3408 Posts

This will probably just show how iran"s military isn't that great of a threat to Israel. No matter how despicable Israel is, I hope no civilians get hurt. And hope too, that Israel's response isn't mass bombing civilians like they're doing in Gaza.

But if a missile happens to penetrate the iron dome and land on Bibi's head, I'll be drinking champagne today.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:

Oh! lol.

Apparently you've never been to Forks, Washington.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-661eae767772c

@kathaariancode said:

This will probably just show how iran"s military isn't that great of a threat to Israel. No matter how despicable Israel is, I hope no civilians get hurt. And hope too, that Israel's response isn't mass bombing civilians like they're doing in Gaza.

But if a missile happens to penetrate the iron dome and land on Bibi's head, I'll be drinking champagne today.

Iran is fake and weak...and their laws allow the beating of women and the rape of children. Also gays are not allowed.

**** Iran.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:

Oh! lol.

Nope, but my sister in law lives in Seattle and I've been there.

Funny to think about rednecks up that way, I'm sure they exist but of a different breed.

Rednecks down south can barley use email.. trying to think of the rednecks my way using email fraud like some dude from india is just funny lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:

Oh! lol.

Nope, but my sister in law lives in Seattle and I've been there.

Funny to think about rednecks up that way, I'm sure they exist but of a different breed.

Rednecks down south can barley use email.. trying to think of the rednecks my way using email fraud like some dude from india is just funny lol

There is nothing redneck about the I-5 corridor. I'm talking about the far-west end of Washington. If you take HWY 101 westbound and down along the coast. You. will. see. some. shit.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

There’s no justification for any of this…Iran bombed Israel because Israel killed Iranian Generals because Iran funds Hamas who are being attacked by Israel because Hamas attacked Israel and so on back to 1946, 1914, 200 BC (take your pick).

Israel and Palestine have to live as neighbours. They can hate each other, but they can’t cross borders or reclaim territory. This stupidness has been going on for centuries, and it has to stop.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

@sealionact: Yeah, as far as this conflict goes, it really is nothing new. And both sides are in the wrong here. Just as two wrongs doesnt make a right, a 100 wrongs does not make a right either.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44567 Posts

get ready for $20/gal gasoline

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@statisticalpc said:
@kathaariancode said:

Iran is fake and weak...and their laws allow the beating of women and the rape of children. Also gays are not allowed.

**** Iran.

Nah man

Iran are brown people which means they are the good guys

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KathaarianCode

@sargentd: There are no good guys. Except if they're orange, of course.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58320 Posts

This is just really sad.

There's a lot of sympathy to go around, not enough people willing to understand, and almost no one willing to compromise (that is, to come to a table, meet and talk, and realize everyone will go away unhappy but no one will be happy either).

Oh and let's not forget about Ukraine while we are at it...

I feel like Western politics (blockades, sanctions, capitalism vs communism, etc) has left its mark on the world for so long we are now going to start paying the price. Our allies attacked, our resources stretched to support those allies, and aggressive foreign militaries with nothing left to lose making attacks.

We really dicked over Russia when the wall came down when we should have brought them into the fold, we've blockaded and sanctioned Iran to the point a previously progressive and liberal bastion in the area is now fundamentalist, and so on and so forth.

Not saying this as any sort of blame-game, but you reap what you sow. I don't believe in isolationism or "America First" given the small size of our shrinking world, but those folks really have a lot of ammo now to make that argument.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@kathaariancode said:

**** Iran.

Nah man

I don't think that is how it works yet. We still need to get past the "they're not bad because they're brown". We got some time before we get to the inverse. Lots of people still fear "the other", brown-skinned folks are very much the villain in most people's minds.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

I called it last year. Israel is dragging the West into a war with Iran. Israel has always been a huge liability to the West.

Anyway, Iran has the right to defend itself. If you're going to break international law and attack another nation's embassy, then don't do a surprised Pikachu face when they retaliate.

Also, Israel and its fanatical racist cultist supporters can go f*** themselves. Some of the most racist evil scumbags I've ever seen, comparable to Nazis.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD

@Jag85 said:

I called it last year. Israel is dragging the West into a war with Iran. Israel has always been a huge liability to the West.

Anyway, Iran has the right to defend itself. If you're going to break international law and attack another nation's embassy, then don't do a surprised Pikachu face when they retaliate.

Also, Israel and its fanatical racist cultist supporters can go f*** themselves. Some of the most racist evil scumbags I've ever seen, comparable to Nazis.

We've come full circle I guess from WW2 and Nazi Germany

Lol...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jag85

@sargentd: Probably a sign that we're headed towards World War III...

"War. War never changes."

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Jag85 said:

@sargentd: Probably a sign that we're headed towards World War III...

"War. War never changes."

Let's all calm down OK?

Yes, Iran is a more capable foe than Afghanistan, with an actual somewhat-serious military. But let's not pretend we didn't just finish fighting America's longest war in two different countries, have one of the greatest fighting forces in the history of the world, and the capability to completely dominate our enemies. FYI that's not a brag, just a statement of fact.

Not saying it isn't a shitty situation but this isn't going to be WWIII. It's just going to be another meatgrinder where we waste trillions of dollars and thousands of lives while making new enemies. Just like the last few decades...

Nothing we haven't done before, sadly.

Don't worry about WWIII; worry about your retirement, gas prices, and the economic crash or two we will experience as a result.

I swear to god I'm not trying to be flippant or apathetic but the fear mongering really gets to me. You people listen to too much Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, or whatever alt-right whacko feeds you your daily dose of fear.

*honestly it will probably still just be a proxy war. Although at this point Israel might force the US's hand and we might have to stop supporting them and/or force them to come to the negotiating table.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jag85
@mrbojangles25 said:

Let's all calm down OK?

Yes, Iran is a more capable foe than Afghanistan, with an actual somewhat-serious military. But let's not pretend we didn't just finish fighting America's longest war in two different countries, have one of the greatest fighting forces in the history of the world, and the capability to completely dominate our enemies. FYI that's not a brag, just a statement of fact.

Not saying it isn't a shitty situation but this isn't going to be WWIII. It's just going to be another meatgrinder where we waste trillions of dollars and thousands of lives while making new enemies. Just like the last few decades...

Don't worry about WWIII; worry about your retirement, gas prices, and the economic crash or two we will experience as a result.

I swear to god I'm not trying to be flippant or apathetic but the fear mongering really gets to me. You people listen to too much Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, or whatever alt-right whacko feeds you your daily dose of fear.

*honestly it will probably still just be a proxy war. Although at this point Israel might force the US's hand and we might have to stop supporting them and/or force them to come to the negotiating table.

US military experts admitted that their own US military isn't capable of matching the Chinese military in a drawn-out conflict. They said the main reason is because America lacks an industrial manufacturing base on China's scale. America would run out of armaments real quick, whereas China can keep pumping out armaments from its factories. But many Americans are still stuck in the past and can't acknowledge the reality that China has replaced them as the leading military power.

As for Iran, the US military back in 2002 ran a simulation of what would happen if they went to war with Iran, called Millennium Challenge 2002... The outcome: America lost. This was back in 2002, when Iran was nowhere near as powerful as it is today. On top of that, Iran are now heavily backed by Russia and China, who are arming and funding Iran and using them as a proxy against the West.

There's also the dangerous potential of the Middle East crisis bleeding into the Ukraine conflict, then that would be multiple theatres of conflict... like a World War. It's fine to be optimistic and all, but you have to also consider worst-case scenarios. At best, it would just be an extension of the current Cold War we're already in. At worst, it could escalate to a WWIII scenario.

As a British citizen, I'm tired of America and Israel repeatedly dragging us into their wars. Britain is essentially an American colony now (ironically). Most Brits want no part of America and Israel's wars, yet the British government is serving American and Israeli interests rather than its own citizens... Even after Israel murdered British aid workers (who were British army veterans) in cold blood, the UK government is still arming and funding Israel. F*** Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer.

Lol, I don't watch Alex Jones or Tucker Carlson... I'm guessing that was directed to Sargent? But at this point, pro-Israel cultists are so fanatical and bloodthirsty that even alt-right nutjobs are repulsed and calling them out for being evil racist POS, lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25

@Jag85: oh we can agree on being tired of getting dragged into conflicts, Israel or otherwise.

We gain more by working together, tired of Cold War relics in political power running the world.

A rising tide lifts all ships, as they say, and we can do a lot more working together. Imagine if instead of sanctioning Iran and Russia and so on we brought them along with our success? What if we didn't hold grudges? What if people that didn't live through the Cold War (and therefore don't have all the scars of going to class, running nuclear drills, etc) were making decisions?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jag85

@mrbojangles25: To be fair, I do have some hope for Gen Z. They're the most anti-war generation we've ever had. And I think that's a good thing for humanity. After the old warmongering Boomers die out and get replaced by anti-war Zoomers in politics, we might start seeing global politics change for the better.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Not sure why so many panties are in a knot.

Iran's response was weak and was for show and domestic consumption. Total failure of an attack, which was predictable and with hours of warning was destined to accomplish.... nothing...which it succeeded at. Ten seconds looking at a map explains why.

Israel doesn't have to do anything more right now and will likely just carry on with whatever they plan to do next in Gaza. The last thing Israel wants is to escalate further when their army is already tired from many months of conflict. They are going to look at this as a win in killing off senior Iranian scumbags for pretty much free.

What they should do next is figure out a way to extract their army from further direct engagement, make the Palestinians a UN refugee problem, and then start quietly assassinating Hezbollah leaders, whoever is left of Hamas leadership, and possibly Yemeni leaders all in a campaign to reduce Iran's proxies. The same way they assassinated Iran's top nuclear scientist a few years back with a remote controlled machinegun.

I guess this time they felt the target of opportunity was worth the risk, but that's not something you want to do so openly very often. Although, Trump got away with it as well...so there is that.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Imagine if instead of sanctioning Iran and Russia and so on we brought them along with our success? What if we didn't hold grudges?

In the case of Iran there is no easy solution. It is a theocratic state run by a religious nutjob. There is no such thing as common ground with a state that believes everything about the west is immoral and anti-thetical to their cult beliefs.

What we shouldn't have done was invade Iraq for no good reason just because US pride was hurt by 9/11. The biggest negative outcome was destabilizing Iraq which was the primary barrier/buffer of Iran. Most people don't even remember that 6 months before 9/11 Bush Jr. was looking to drop sanctions on Iraq and it was France and Russia that were resisting...and that was about oilfield contracts. Bush Sr. knew that destabilizing Iraq would create a power vacuum that Iran would fill which is why he did not pursue Iraqi forces all the way to Baghdad a decade earlier. Sadly his son was and is a moron.

In the case of Russia, you are correct in that we should have brought them along; however, you have the driver exactly backwards. The West treated the fall of the USSR as an economic free for all and completely fcuked up transition because of that. We did not sanction them. But we absolutely failed to help them create the govt and insitutional mechanisms to manage the economic transition. Instead we created crony capitalism, the wild west of economics, the massive consolidation of economic power in a few people, the continued disenfranchisement of the vast majority of people and the inevitable concentration of all power in what are effectively mafia bosses. All those oligarchs are people who just cheated the citizenry of all wealth by assuming control of the major Soviet industries...for free. Putin is just a natural outcome of these dynamics and if not him...then insert alternate name here.

In short, we are plagued at times with absolute shit leadership in international affairs.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Robertos  Online
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@kathaariancode said:

**** Iran.

US sure loves funding (or even directly committing) the mass murder of "good guys" over the last 40 years lol. Hell, even the latest mass murder campaign in Palestine.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@kathaariancode said:

**** Iran.

US sure loves funding (or even directly committing) the mass murder of "good guys" over the last 40 years lol. Hell, even the latest mass murder campaign in Palestine.

You supported and voted Joe Biden. A guy who's endorsed every foreign millitary conflict durring his 40+ years in government. You literally voted for it.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Robertos  Online
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:

**** Iran.

You supported and voted Joe Biden. A guy who's endorsed every foreign millitary conflict durring his 40+ years in government. You literally voted for it.

So did you, Republicans are just as bad if not worse on that same issue. But this doesn't change my point either way.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KathaarianCode

@robertos: They're worse.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Let's all calm down OK?

US military experts admitted that their own US military isn't capable of matching the Chinese military in a drawn-out conflict. They said the main reason is because America lacks an industrial manufacturing base on China's scale. America would run out of armaments real quick, whereas China can keep pumping out armaments from its factories. But many Americans are still stuck in the past and can't acknowledge the reality that China has replaced them as the leading military power.

As for Iran, the US military back in 2002 ran a simulation of what would happen if they went to war with Iran, called Millennium Challenge 2002... The outcome: America lost. This was back in 2002, when Iran was nowhere near as powerful as it is today. On top of that, Iran are now heavily backed by Russia and China, who are arming and funding Iran and using them as a proxy against the West.

There's also the dangerous potential of the Middle East crisis bleeding into the Ukraine conflict, then that would be multiple theatres of conflict... like a World War. It's fine to be optimistic and all, but you have to also consider worst-case scenarios. At best, it would just be an extension of the current Cold War we're already in. At worst, it could escalate to a WWIII scenario.

As a British citizen, I'm tired of America and Israel repeatedly dragging us into their wars. Britain is essentially an American colony now (ironically). Most Brits want no part of America and Israel's wars, yet the British government is serving American and Israeli interests rather than its own citizens... Even after Israel murdered British aid workers (who were British army veterans) in cold blood, the UK government is still arming and funding Israel. F*** Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer.

Lol, I don't watch Alex Jones or Tucker Carlson... I'm guessing that was directed to Sargent? But at this point, pro-Israel cultists are so fanatical and bloodthirsty that even alt-right nutjobs are repulsed and calling them out for being evil racist POS, lol.

The arements used by Iran came from China. It dosen't show much for their equipment.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Jag85 said:

As a British citizen, I'm tired of America and Israel repeatedly dragging us into their wars. \

I believe it was the British that established the Jewish people in Palestine.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Israel bombed Iran, Iran retaliates.

The response by Western power sicken me they intentionally ignore that Israel the ones escalating the war and condemns Iran. Sure Iran not exactly sane but facts are Israel attacked Iran.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mrbojangles25
@JimB said:
@Jag85 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Let's all calm down OK?

Yes, Iran is a more capable foe than Afghanistan, with an actual somewhat-serious military...

US military experts admitted that their own US military isn't capable of matching the Chinese military in a drawn-out conflict...

The arements used by Iran came from China. It dosen't show much for their equipment.

Hey now, they still use F-14 Tomcats Persian Cats, an aircraft we phased out of service like 30 years ago 😋 A reminder of days where we actually had good relations with Iran rofl

Loading Video...
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jag85
@JimB said:

Those were Iranian weapons, not Chinese weapons. While Iran does purchase armaments from China and Russia, they didn't use them, but were instead testing out their own domestic Iranian weapons. Most of the intercepted weapons were drones used as decoys to overwhelm the Iron Dome, opening the path for Iranian missiles to strike several Israeli air bases.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jag85
@LJS9502_basic said:

Correct. This was a common practice of the British Empire. Whenever they colonized a country, they imported large numbers of white European settlers to keep the non-white natives in check. They did this across America, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Palestine, India, Hong Kong, Jamaica, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-661eae767772c

@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Correct. This was a common practice of the British Empire. Whenever they colonized a country, they imported large numbers of white European settlers to keep the non-white natives in check. They did this across America, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Palestine, India, Hong Kong, Jamaica, etc.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that Israelis are "white Europeans"?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jag85
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:

Non sequitur. We're talking about historic Mandatory Palestine under British rule, not modern Israel/Palestine under Jewish rule. In British colonies, the British rulers typically mass imported white European settlers to keep the non-white native populations under control. In the case of Palestine, they mass imported white Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe to fill that role.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SargentD

@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They are white, maybe not European, but thier skin for the most part is white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They are white, maybe not European, but thier skin for the most part is white

You're joking right? Many ethnicities have white skin, but they are not "white Europeans".