Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:

Correct. This was a common practice of the British Empire. Whenever they colonized a country, they imported large numbers of white European settlers to keep the non-white natives in check. They did this across America, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Palestine, India, Hong Kong, Jamaica, etc.

Wait, are you trying to tell me that Israelis are "white Europeans"?

Non sequitur. We're talking about historic Mandatory Palestine under British rule, not modern Israel/Palestine under Jewish rule. In British colonies, the British rulers typically mass imported white European settlers to keep the non-white native populations under control. In the case of Palestine, they mass imported white Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe to fill that role.

I don't give a shit what British rulers "typically" did. You are telling me that Israel is mostly white.

In the case of Palestine, they mass imported white Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe to fill that role.

I'm an Ashkenazi Jew and I'm not from Eastern Europe. I'm from Germany and most of us left for the US.

You know what? I have a real problem with you. I think you're a racist piece of shit.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8224 Posts

@statisticalpc said:
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I believe it was the British that established the Jewish people in Palestine.

Correct. This was a common practice of the British Empire. Whenever they colonized a country, they imported large numbers of white European settlers to keep the non-white natives in check. They did this across America, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Palestine, India, Hong Kong, Jamaica, etc.

They are white, maybe not European, but thier skin for the most part is white

You're joking right? Many ethnicities have white skin, but they are not "white Europeans".

I didn't say European, I said they are white

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:

Non sequitur. We're talking about historic Mandatory Palestine under British rule, not modern Israel/Palestine under Jewish rule. In British colonies, the British rulers typically mass imported white European settlers to keep the non-white native populations under control. In the case of Palestine, they mass imported white Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern Europe to fill that role.

I don't give a shit what British rulers "typically" did. You are telling me that Israel is mostly white.

Strawman. Nowhere did I say modern Israel is mostly white.

I'm an Ashkenazi Jew and I'm not from Eastern Europe.

The vast majority of Ashkenazi Jews lived in Eastern Europe back in the early 20th century.

I think you're a racist piece of shit.

Says the racist who hates brown people.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@Jag85: So now I "hate brown people"? So now I'm not brown because I'm Jewish?

Keep it up.

:)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SargentD

@Jag85 said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:
@statisticalpc said:
@Jag85 said:

Strawman. Nowhere did I say modern Israel is mostly white.

I'm an Ashkenazi Jew and I'm not from Eastern Europe.

The vast majority of Ashkenazi Jews lived in Eastern Europe back in the early 20th century.

I think you're a racist piece of shit.

Says the racist who hates brown people.

@statisticalpc said:

@Jag85: So now I "hate brown people"? So now I'm not brown because I'm Jewish?

Keep it up.

:)

Reminds me of Sam Hydes boulder skit lol

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jag85

@statisticalpc: Ashkenazi Jews are white, bruv. It's not rocket science.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh and let's not forget about Ukraine while we are at it...

Don't worry. Lots of Washington politicians seem to not give a f*** about Ukraine. Either because of what happened after 10/7 in Israel and Palestine, or because they never did.

I already caught AOC lying through her teeth on why she will not sign Discharge Petition 9, which, while yes, has a bill with aid to Israel, also has aid for Palestine, Taiwan AND Ukraine.

She and Mike Johnson are pretty much fine with a genocide (in AOC's case, so much that undermines Biden for his actions post-10/7), yet she claims to be against one (Palestine). Plus, even back in 2022, she was not voting in Ukraine's favor on several occasions and took part in a letter urging a drop in military support. And I guess, since Putin called for a Gaza ceasefire despite the atrocities he's committing.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@JimB said:

The arements used by Iran came from China. It dosen't show much for their equipment.

Those were Iranian weapons, not Chinese weapons. While Iran does purchase armaments from China and Russia, they didn't use them, but were instead testing out their own domestic Iranian weapons. Most of the intercepted weapons were drones used as decoys to overwhelm the Iron Dome, opening the path for Iranian missiles to strike several Israeli air bases.

And they failed miserably.

No fatalities in the attack from what I've read.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jag85

@mrbojangles25: Again, several Israeli airbases were struck. Iran announced it days in advance, giving Israel enough time to evacuate the airbases and avoid fatalities.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jag85

@sargentd: All I know about this Sam Hyde guy is that he's some alt-right conspiracy theorist who called out alt-left communist Hasan Piker to a boxing match.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SargentD

@Jag85 said:

@sargentd: All I know about this Sam Hyde guy is that he's some alt-right conspiracy theorist who called out alt-left communist Hasan Piker to a boxing match.

Your missing out, you should check out million dollar extreme (MDE) his show on adult swim. He's a comedian, not a conspiracy theorist lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You do know they were displaced Jewish people. FYI Jewish people are Caucasian as are Arabs. Skin tones vary in "white" people in case you're unaware.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jag85
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You do know they were displaced Jewish people. FYI Jewish people are Caucasian as are Arabs. Skin tones vary in "white" people in case you're unaware.

British imperialists were already mass importing Jewish settlers from Europe soon after they colonized Palestine following the first World War. But sure, the majority of Jewish settlers who later migrated during World War II were displaced refugees from Europe.

"Caucasian" can technically mean anything from blonde Scandinavians to brown Indians. "White" usually means Caucasians with pale skin and European heritage. I know Americans use "Caucasian" as just another way of saying "White" but the term "Caucasian" is rarely ever used on this side of the pond.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SargentD

@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jag85 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

British imperialists were already mass importing Jewish settlers from Europe soon after they colonized Palestine following the first World War. But sure, the majority of Jewish settlers who later migrated during World War II were displaced refugees from Europe.

"Caucasian" can technically mean anything from blonde Scandinavians to brown Indians. "White" usually means Caucasians with pale skin and European heritage. I know Americans use "Caucasian" as just another way of saying "White" but the term "Caucasian" is rarely ever used on this side of the pond.

Loading Video...

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3407 Posts

It's interesting that the Jewish occupiers have been worried about letting the world know that they're not white. Been coming across several articles and opinion pieces during the last few months.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

The issue was never race to begin with.

This way of thinking (identify politics) of trying to decide who is morally good or bad just by using their looks or racial affiliation is not conceptually different from good old racism.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KathaarianCode

@nirgal: Identity politics, that expression always makes me laugh. As if it's something new, or only dependent on race. Identity is at the center of basically any excuse for a conflict.

Regarding Israel, I think the growing concern about not being too white, comes for public perception reasons. Having European looking people, murdering and stealing in the middle east, is a concept more difficult to sell.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

@kathaariancode: I have been to Israel. Not everyone looks European. A good chunk of Israeli people look middle eastern.( Also Palestinians are not necessary very dark either, a lot of them also look southern European)

But I don't think it makes any difference. It's the powerful against the non powerful.

No that that make you necessarily the bad one, but in this case, coupled with the fact that they bought some of the land from a colonial power and straight up invaded the rest, I would say they are very clearly not on the side of justice.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Israel bombed Iran, Iran retaliates.

The response by Western power sicken me they intentionally ignore that Israel the ones escalating the war and condemns Iran. Sure Iran not exactly sane but facts are Israel attacked Iran.

Israel is fighting for their very survial. Hamsn opened up this conflit. Funny the leaders of HAMAS are staying in four star hotels in Quatar far away from the war and suffering they instigated. There is a saying " You **** With the Bull and You Get The Horns". Something else I don't give a damn about the Palastainins. We welcomed them in to the US and they prosteting every where they can and chanting Death to America. So the hell with them. I also rember after the attack of 911 the video of them dancing in the streets on Palastins.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

@JimB said:
@sakaixx said:

The response by Western power sicken me they intentionally ignore that Israel the ones escalating the war and condemns Iran. Sure Iran not exactly sane but facts are Israel attacked Iran.

Israel is fighting for their very survial. Hamsn opened up this conflit. Funny the leaders of HAMAS are staying in four star hotels in Quatar far away from the war and suffering they instigated. There is a saying " You **** With the Bull and You Get The Horns". Something else I don't give a damn about the Palastainins. We welcomed them in to the US and they prosteting every where they can and chanting Death to America. So the hell with them. I also rember after the attack of 911 the video of them dancing in the streets on Palastins.

While I agree its frustrating to see Israel get condemned on the world stage for a war of defense... Its wrong to not care about the Palestinians because of what Hamas has done.

All loss of life is tragic. Collateral damage is tragic and my heart weeps for all Palestinians who lost loved ones or who are hurt because Hamas. Hamas was elected a while ago and most of Palestinians are younger so had no part electing them. Personally I think us in the west should welcome in refugees and Israel should just have the land because as long as Hamas is present there will be no stability.

Regarding Iran they should not be allowed to obtain nukes given their aggression and various proxy wars. Israel is actually even better than the USA in their practices to minimize collateral damage and I say this as an American. They drop warnings to civilians and there is a thriving Arab population in Israel not to mention Ethiopian Jews.

This idea that Israel is a white supremacist nation is absurd and insulting to victims of white supremacy. Aside from the black population this conflict has shown anti semitism is very much present and antisemitism is probably the second most discrimination aside from that based on skin color. I have massive amounts of respect for Israeli citizens for putting up with constant threats on their life, condemnation on the global stage,etc.

Was the founding of Israel fair to the Palestinians? No but that was a mistake of the British Empire. Palestinians have made it clear through their steadfast hatred of Israelis that there can be no two state solution contrary to what the forgiving idealistic Israeli population seems to believe. The Palestinians deserve happiness and prosperity though but when you have two people fighting you need to separate them.

Palestinian refugees should be compensated and relocated.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SargentD
@kathaariancode said:

It's interesting that the Jewish occupiers have been worried about letting the world know that they're not white. Been coming across several articles and opinion pieces during the last few months.

That's because they helped push third wave feminist theories like the "patriarchy" "systematic oppresion" and don't want to be treated like the whites. Lol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jag85
@nirgal said:

@kathaariancode: I have been to Israel. Not everyone looks European. A good chunk of Israeli people look middle eastern.( Also Palestinians are not necessary very dark either, a lot of them also look southern European)

But I don't think it makes any difference. It's the powerful against the non powerful.

No that that make you necessarily the bad one, but in this case, coupled with the fact that they bought some of the land from a colonial power and straight up invaded the rest, I would say they are very clearly not on the side of justice.

Back when Israel was founded in 1948, the vast majority of Jews living there were Ashkenazis from Europe who looked very white. After they ethnically cleansed most of the Palestinian natives during the Nakba, much of the new Israeli state was depopulated as entire towns and villages previously full of Palestinians had become desolate ghost towns. In the decades that followed, Israel started repopulating the land by mass importing brown Mizrahi/Arab Jews from other Arab countries. That's how modern Israel became more diverse.

As for Palestinians, some do look like white Southern Europeans (which you could trace back to ancient Greeks and Romans who ruled there thousands of years ago). But the vast majority of Palestinians are still brown. So Kathaarin's assessment...

@kathaariancode said:

@nirgal: Identity politics, that expression always makes me laugh. As if it's something new, or only dependent on race. Identity is at the center of basically any excuse for a conflict.

Regarding Israel, I think the growing concern about not being too white, comes for public perception reasons. Having European looking people, murdering and stealing in the middle east, is a concept more difficult to sell.

...is largely correct in a historical context. For a large part of the 20th century, that's exactly what was happening: mostly white Ashkenazi Jewish invaders from Europe murdering and stealing land from mostly brown Palestinian natives in the Middle East. The only difference today is that Israelis are now more diverse, yet still united in their racism against Palestinians. It's still the same old racist colonizer shit, but less colour-coded than before.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:
@JimB said:
@sakaixx said:

While I agree its frustrating to see Israel get condemned on the world stage for a war of defense... Its wrong to not care about the Palestinians because of what Hamas has done.

All loss of life is tragic. Collateral damage is tragic and my heart weeps for all Palestinians who lost loved ones or who are hurt because Hamas. Hamas was elected a while ago and most of Palestinians are younger so had no part electing them. Personally I think us in the west should welcome in refugees and Israel should just have the land because as long as Hamas is present there will be no stability.

Regarding Iran they should not be allowed to obtain nukes given their aggression and various proxy wars. Israel is actually even better than the USA in their practices to minimize collateral damage and I say this as an American. They drop warnings to civilians and there is a thriving Arab population in Israel not to mention Ethiopian Jews.

This idea that Israel is a white supremacist nation is absurd and insulting to victims of white supremacy. Aside from the black population this conflict has shown anti semitism is very much present and antisemitism is probably the second most discrimination aside from that based on skin color. I have massive amounts of respect for Israeli citizens for putting up with constant threats on their life, condemnation on the global stage,etc.

Was the founding of Israel fair to the Palestinians? No but that was a mistake of the British Empire. Palestinians have made it clear through their steadfast hatred of Israelis that there can be no two state solution contrary to what the forgiving idealistic Israeli population seems to believe. The Palestinians deserve happiness and prosperity though but when you have two people fighting you need to separate them.

Palestinian refugees should be compensated and relocated.

When they in the US calling for Death for America they will get no sympathy from me now or ever.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jag85

30 Countries That Are Most Hated In The World (2023)

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

...Sorry Yanks, but most of the world hates your country. But since the list is a year old, Israel is probably number-one by now.

I am a bit disappointed my country Britain didn't make the top ten though... Come on bruv, we were the OG imperialists!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SargentD
@Jag85 said:

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

...Sorry Yanks, but most of the world hates your country. But since the list is a year old, Israel is probably number-one by now.

I am a bit disappointed my country Britain didn't make the top ten though... Come on bruv, we were the OG imperialists!

Your county is too insignificant to hate

You still idolize a royal family that has no power of the country.. lol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jag85
@sargentd said:
@Jag85 said:

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

Your county is too insignificant to hate

You still idolize a royal family that has no power of the country.. lol

Most Brits under 40 don't really care about the royal family, but the older folks love 'em!

Oh well, at least the Irish still hated us enough to celebrate our Queen's death (RIP).

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SargentD

@Jag85: I'm neither sad nor happy when the queen passes. No loss is good, but she's not more important than anyone else.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SargentD

Stop it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SargentD
Loading Video...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@Jag85 said:

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

What is the methodology of this article? From what I can tell it just appears to be the 30 most hated countries, according to some guy.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14803 Posts
@Vaasman said:
@Jag85 said:

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

What is the methodology of this article? From what I can tell it just appears to the the 30 most hated countries, according to some guy.

It's Srdjan Ilic, of course! And why isn't Canada on that list?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SargentD

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-missiles-hit-site-iran-abc-news-reports-2024-04-19/

Israel now retaliated against Iran.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KathaarianCode

I always like to hear Iran responding to this sort of things. We shall unleash the fury of a thousand storms upon Israel!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jag85
@SOedipus said:
@Vaasman said:
@Jag85 said:

1. China
  2. United States
  3. Russia
  4. North Korea
  5. Israel

What is the methodology of this article? From what I can tell it just appears to the the 30 most hated countries, according to some guy.

It's Srdjan Ilic, of course! And why isn't Canada on that list?

Source:

World Population Review

The rankings shown have been compiled by Insider Monkey from 12 sources, including previous World Population Review data.

...Canada probably didn't make the list because most people in the world don't know much about the country beyond maple syrup, Drake and Justin Bieber.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jag85
@sargentd said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-missiles-hit-site-iran-abc-news-reports-2024-04-19/

Israel's response looks pretty weak sauce and small-scale compared to Iran's earlier attack. Looks like neither attack caused any fatalities though.

Either Israel is holding back or its offensive capabilities are incapable of matching Iran. On the other hand, Israel's defensive capabilities helped minimize damage from Iran's earlier attack, yet Israel couldn't defend itself without help from allies (US, UK, Jordan, Saudi, UAE).

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

I think Israel should chill out now, they've eradicated ham ass, so now the so-called innocent pals can go live in their pounded to dust rubble. Let's call it a day.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mrbojangles25

I feel like now, more than ever, it's just a bunch of man-children playing games. Flexing their non-existent muscles, relying on big brother to bail them out when it get's really bad.

Iran striking but not really doing anything against Israel, Israel striking Iran but not really doing anything against Iran, both sides getting support from their respective benefactors (US, China, Russia, etc).

All the while innocents still getting killed while these old Cold War relics play their games. Tax payers getting nothing in return.

@Jag85 said:
@sargentd said:

Israel's response looks pretty weak sauce and small-scale compared to Iran's earlier attack. Looks like neither attack caused any fatalities though.

Either Israel is holding back or its offensive capabilities are incapable of matching Iran. On the other hand, Israel's defensive capabilities helped minimize damage from Iran's earlier attack, yet Israel couldn't defend itself without help from allies (US, UK, Jordan, Saudi, UAE).

Israel wanted to do something just for appearances, I don't think they actually want to make things worse but they have to save face, appear tough.

It's just games at this point. I don't know, maybe an actual war would be better. At least it would end certain things, make the dynamic change. Tired of the same shit decade after decade. I'm 40 now and I feel like I can say at this point that things haven't changed with the whole Israel-Palestine/Mid-East thing and, if they have, they've gotten worse.

That's a jest of course, I obviously am not in favor of war. Just throwing it out there though.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Do you really think a war amongst these parties is preferable?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: Do you really think a war amongst these parties is preferable?

Nope. As I aid, it was a jest, sourced from flawed logic (that is "a quick war would be preferable to what has been drawn out over the last few decades").

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Ah, I was wondering how you arrived at that conclusion.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jag85

@mrbojangles25: Looks like Biden and Putin may have talked them out of it. Biden is concerned about the upcoming US elections (where he's been taking a beating at the polls thanks to Israel) while Putin is busy with the war in Ukraine. The last thing they'd want right now is to get entangled in a full Israel-Iran war.