SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Be honest, are there many if any here who are truly hyped and excited to buy yet another this gen console?

If so, would you care to explain why?

Any other thoughts?

Edit: And for the record I have no incentive to buy a XSX Pro even if offered. :P

The Story.

----

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-pro-leaked-specs-reportedly-show-huge-graphical-leaps-forward/1100-6522652/

PS5 Pro Leaked Specs Reportedly Show Huge Graphical Leaps Forward

Sony's PS5 Pro could be ready to launch by the end of the year.

Similar to its PS4 strategy, a PS5 Pro is reported to be in development and arriving soon. According to The Verge, the rumored specs for this console will see it ship with a more powerful GPU and a slightly faster CPU mode, and Sony is reportedly encouraging developers to apply more ray tracing features in their games so that they can earn a PS5 Pro enhanced label.

The system will be equipped with more and faster memory, alongside improved GPU rendering said to be "about 45% faster" than a standard PS5, according to the full list of specs in developer papers for the PS5 Pro that The Verge has seen. Overall, it's reported that the PS5 Pro will have a significantly improved GPU, and while the CPU will be the same as the standard PS5, it'll benefit from a new mode that targets a higher 3.85GHz CPU frequency for around a 10% improvement. It's also worth noting here that the papers list a "standard mode" at 3.5GHz or a "high CPU frequency mode" at 3.85GHz for developers to take advantage of.

Alleged memory changes will see a 25% increase on the PS5 Pro--576GB/s on that system when compared to the 448GB/s of the standard PS5--and Sony's new PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution (PSSR) technology will serve as an upscaling solution to demanding games, similar to Nvidia's DLSS and AMD's FSR for improving frame rates without big sacrifices to image quality. Sony has reportedly built a "custom architecture for machine learning" on the PS5 Pro, which supports 300TOPS of 8-bit computation.

The Verge added that if developers can get their games ready in time, a holiday season launch for the PS5 Pro is expected. A recent Digital Foundry feature also analyzed some of the leaks that began appearing online, with one of the main takeaways being that the rumored console will give users higher frame rates, substantially enhanced image quality, and improved ray tracing features.

This news comes not long after Sony revised its sales forecast for the fiscal year that ended in March, saying it expected to sell 21 million PS5 consoles by the end of that period instead. This announcement knocked $10 billion off the company's stock value, and Sony revealed that there will be no new "major" projects released until at least April 2025,

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Graphical leap with a welfare cpu isn't a thing, so these leaks need to calm down. If the cpu got an equal update as the gpu, i'd be excited, but as is, this is nothing but a cash grab.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

I'll buy it if it can get me fidelity at higher than 30.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2468 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Graphical leap with a welfare cpu isn't a thing, so these leaks need to calm down. If the cpu got an equal update as the gpu, i'd be excited, but as is, this is nothing but a cash grab.

The GPUs in the base consoles were far more of a bottleneck than the CPUs. For 120fps you may have a point. But we aren’t hitting 60fps right now because of the GPUs. We are hitting sub 1440p because of the GPUs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:

The GPUs in the base consoles were far more of a bottleneck than the CPUs. For 120fps you may have a point. But we aren’t hitting 60fps right now because of the GPUs. We are hitting sub 1440p because of the GPUs.

That's dependant on the game. Since most titles released are made for last gen hardware, or uses last gen tech, they don't use the cpu the way that it should be used these days, so the gpu might be the core issue. But you release a reasonably large game, and its instantly destroyed by such weak sauce cpu's. Stalker 2 for example, if its as big and detailed as i hope it being, that game will be running in 30fps even on the pro, and that's primarily because of the cpu, and no FSR is gonna help.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

As i said in another thread a while back: Waste of time. Sony would be better off keeping their powder dry and just having a bigger leap ready to go for the PS6 in 2026/2027 ish.

The only other way this could maybe be interesting is if Sony decided to go more all out on the specs and dip their toes in a $700+ console. It wouldn't be a disaster if it tanked since they would still have the PS5. But a more expensive console that's just more premium across the board...it's something worth testing again i think. The PS3 debacle was a long time ago and there has been quite a bit of inflation since then.

...unless they plan to charge 700+ for the PS5 Pro.....*shudder*. No...they wont. THEY WON'T.....right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44185 Posts

Meh. I’ll wait for the PS6.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hardwenzen

The Xbox after this release:

1. Less powerful hardware
2. Worst library
3. Unwanted
4. Everything announced is in a development hell because of poor management
5. Inferior controller

If you're a real gamer, you would sell it and grab a PS5Pro.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. I’ll wait for the PS6.

Yep!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5885 Posts

@hardwenzen: waiting for games, now waiting for hardware. What a sad world cows a living right now.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1252 Posts

launching with xbox studio's call of duty..

Microsoft
Microsoft

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: waiting for games, now waiting for hardware. What a sad world cows a living right now.

When both are on the menu, why won't you be waiting, and be excited for both? Clown take, tdkmillsy.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Im not interested in higher fidelity I want a stable 60fps across the board.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

It went from a RX 6700 to a 7700 XT. That is not a huge leap 🥱

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12963 Posts

As long as it's better than the 30fps and 720p that the PS5 does now.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: personally I'm into playing games now, not waiting around for months (possibly years) for them to arrive on hardware that is a blatant cash grab and brings very little to the table.

But if u want to cheer on yout belovid pro, go right ahead.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: personally I'm into playing games now, not waiting around for months (possibly years) for them to arrive on hardware that is a blatant cash grab and brings very little to the table.

That's why you have Helldivers 2, Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade, all in the beginning of the year. What did you get on your Xbox? Fuckall🥱🥱🥱

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: ROFL 3rd party games and u have played none of them on a PS5.

But keep defending your precious ps5 pro, shows whwt an idiot u are.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: ROFL 3rd party games and u have played none of them on a PS5.

But keep defending your precious ps5 pro, shows whwt an idiot u are.

Your whole library is on pc, while Sony's third party, titles such as Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade isn't🤣Get mad, but not at me, but the pathetic support of your favorite company, Microsoft. And i am not an indiot, you're an idiot, which isn't my fault.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12963 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

No point in a PS Pro when a PC will demolish it and play the same games but better.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: the minute u started cheering for the pro and ignoring the fact Sony has no 1st party games, you became an idiot.

Pure and simple

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

PS5 Pro specs still look weaker than my PC... which is almost approaching three years old now.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jag85
@hardwenzen said:

GPU matters far more than CPU when it comes to graphics.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

2. Worst library

3. Unwanted

5. Inferior controller

You're advocating for people who game on Xbox to sell it and buy the PS5PRO and yet you play all your games on PC, talk about a false prophet.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@saint-george said:

Microsoft
Microsoft

Launching with all of Xbox's games eventually. Xbox is the most useless console this gen now. Time for MS to be a publisher strictly

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: the minute u started cheering for the pro and ignoring the fact Sony has no 1st party games, you became an idiot.

Pure and simple

You have no games on the horizon. Its time to stop talking about other systems until you have something that isn't as mediocre as Starfield.

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

2. Worst library

3. Unwanted

5. Inferior controller

You're advocating for people who game on Xbox to sell it and buy the PS5PRO and yet you play all your games on PC, talk about a false prophet.

Best scenario is to sell their Box, get a PS5Pro AND PC. That way, your will open up, and you will see clear as day, just like i.

@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:

It does, but i include 60fps as the standard when referring to visuals cuz its 2024, and anything under is simply pathetic. Since the CPU is trash tier, we ain't getting that 60fps, and if we aren't, visuals are not important. They must deliver on both, visuals and 60fps. If its not possible, then don't even bother releasing a system because spending $1000+ (ps5+ps5pro) to play in 30fps is unacceptable.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I will sell my Xbox and buy a PS5 right after you stop being a fakeboy, so 2000 and never 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I will sell my Xbox

Please do.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Still looks like I'm one of the only ones here that will definitely be getting one. I know it's not exactly "needed" and all that, but newer games are obviously starting to tax the PS5 and the new trend of games only being able to be played at 30 fps again isn't for me. At one point in time it didn't bother me at all, but it does now.

If the PS5 Pro plays at 60 fps with the better looking options fidelity wise from the current PS5 then count me in.. and it sounds as if through a mixture of power, speed, PSSR, and some other bs wizardry that's exactly what it will be. Not sure what else was expected honestly...

I'll still be getting a PS6, but that will probably still be another 3 or 4 years. People have no problem dropping $1,500 on a new phone every other year or so (some every year), but then freak out about something that will likely cost around a third of that.

I'll definitely get my money's worth either way. To each their own, but for me personally... there's really no reason not to.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

Any one think this is s small jump is a clown. Ps4 to ps5 was 100% stronger. 45% mid gen leap is nice. People expect another 100% leap before ps6? Am I going to buy it. Nope I'm waiting for ps6. Ps5 works fine enough.

But this gen feels it just started. We all need more from sony right now. They need to bring up that hype before Xbox thunders in with this year games. Ps5 has a great start in 2024 with 3rd party exclusives but that hypes needs something for ps5 pro.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I will when you stop being a fakeboy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I will when you stop being a fakeboy.

Sell it already. Be free.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@Pedro said:

I'm pretty damn sure PS5 Pro will be the best thing since slice of bread😏

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jag85
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:

It does, but i include 60fps as the standard when referring to visuals cuz its 2024, and anything under is simply pathetic. Since the CPU is trash tier, we ain't getting that 60fps, and if we aren't, visuals are not important. They must deliver on both, visuals and 60fps. If its not possible, then don't even bother releasing a system because spending $1000+ (ps5+ps5pro) to play in 30fps is unacceptable.

60 fps can be achieved by scaling back the graphics. It's a trade-off between graphics and performance.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:

60 fps can be achieved by scaling back the graphics. It's a trade-off between graphics and performance.

Won't happen in open world titles that are built with newer engines/tech. Also, how excited are you to be buying a new system for an additional $500-600, and the dev tells you that we might be able to achieve 60fps, but we'll be lowering the visual quality/resolution. YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW SYSTEM for said resolution and quality visuals, and before you had the chance to experience it, devs are already telling you that you ain't getting it. Its dumb af, and is not worth the so called upgrade.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 963 Posts

I'll buy it as long as it can match my PC's 4K 90-120 fps. Or 4K 140-200 fps once rtx5000 series comes out. (LOL!)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen
@robertos said:

I'll buy it as long as it can match my PC's 4K 90-120 fps. Or 4K 140-200 fps once rtx5000 series comes out. (LOL!)

Then fap to Aloy, a Sony character🙄

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

My PS5 sits unused enough... I've enjoyed some games, but nothing makes me want to upgrade to the Pro model.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 963 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

She is my e-waifu and I can fap to her as I please.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@robertos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@robertos said:

She is my e-waifu and I can fap to her as I please.

And remember that without us, Sony lovers, you wouldn't be doing anything remotely close to that because she wouldn't exist. Thank Sony for your fap material.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Hard to belive considering PS5 hardware will still be used as common denominator when developing games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@sealionact while watching this vid, i thought of your ass. This is you trying to argue with us, Cow Orcas. You will never win. Sorry.

Loading Video...
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

lol

cow orcas..

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: no games you say.

Let's play 1st party 2024 ping-pong.

I'll say a Microsoft 1st party game that is released or is going to be released In 2024 then u say one for sony 1st party The loser is the person who cannot name a game.

First up Call of Duty

Your turn

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1252 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@saint-george said:

Microsoft
Microsoft

Launching with all of Xbox's games eventually. Xbox is the most useless console this gen now. Time for MS to be a publisher strictly

St George triggered you again,didn't he kid
St George triggered you again,didn't he kid

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2067 Posts

Mid gen refreshes have proven to be pointless as the software has to be made with the lowest common denominator in mind, which means you get a few bumps with effects etc. maybe a frame rate bump, but your overall experience doesn't differ that much for most titles.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

This just may be the first Sony console to be a real sales failure and I think that may be good for the industry and for future decision making by Sony. I mean, they just launched new hardware like the new VR headset and a sort of handheld both of which shows them out of touch with the fanbase since the fanbase hasn't shown all that much interest.

The whole industry could use a good shakeup and perhaps we'll get back to reality. :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: no games you say.

Let's play 1st party 2024 ping-pong.

I'll say a Microsoft 1st party game that is released or is going to be released In 2024 then u say one for sony 1st party The loser is the person who cannot name a game.

First up Call of Duty

Your turn

You have no first party, everything is on pc🤣

Never try to win an argument about something your system doesn't have.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

45% leap in a mid gen is expected. the ps4 to ps5 was exactly 100%. you expect another 100% leap before ps6? what was you expecting? cash crab isn't that what every company wants? cash. omg a company trying to make a buck how unexpected of them.