What was your least favorite game system of the ones you owned?

• 80 results
Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 735 Posts

Xbox One. I don't care about specs or anything like that. But the 360 had been my favorite console and the One was a massive disappointment compared to that system.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

Playstation 4.

I mean, if the world consisted of only PS, Xbox, and Nintendo then I guess the PS4 would have held up OK but as a PC gamer I really don't know what I was thinking getting a PS4.

Relative to what's on PC, there is just nothing of worth on PS4 except for maybe the one or two exclusives that come out each year (and even then, they're becoming more and more rare with ports to PC becoming more common.

I bought it, played Infamous series (the only really good exclusive AFAIK), and it's been a paperweight since. Thank god I bought it used and late into the generation and didn't waste too much money on it.

Never buying a console again.

*It should be noted that I bought the PS4 at a time when I wanted to decrease my gaming time and had disconnected my computer, thinking "Well that's one less distraction". Concerning free, sedentary/relaxing "me time", I limited my options to a.) play PS4 games, b.) read more books, and c.) watch more TV.

I chose options "b" and "c"...that's how much I disliked the PS4.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:

Worst, the wii.

Horrible console and controller

This is when I started to view Nintendo devices as "toys" and less as "video game hardware". Also the same time they lost my interest.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate what they do and stuff, but after the Wii it just seemed like gimmick after gimmick.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8224 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

Worst, the wii.

This is when I started to view Nintendo devices as "toys" and less as "video game hardware". Also the same time they lost my interest.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate what they do and stuff, but after the Wii it just seemed like gimmick after gimmick.

I jusymt remember everyone freaking out over it, but when I got one.. I was like.. what is this.. ended up being a smash box. Basically a console to play super smash, I've never seen so much shovelware on a console.

I did have this one game for it called mushroom men, the music for the game was done by les clay pool. Obscure platformer. Mario galaxy was alright.. twighlight princess probably worst zelda game I've played.

Ignored wii u because of how bad wii was.

But not going to lie, big 3DS fan and switch fan. Really liked those consoles. Still love my switch. It's my indie box. Cuphead, castlvania advance collection, megaman games, windjammers 2, dead cells, cave story, messenger, shovel knight, crusin blast, hollow knight, I can go on and on, I get all the smaller titles for the switch.

And honestly Nintendo 1st party for switches life cycle has not been light either. Fire emblem, xenoblade, Mario odyssey, Kirby forgotten kingdom, Mario Wonder, DK tropical freeze, astral chain, Bayonetta 3, SMTlV, Pikman4, again.. can keep going

If I'm going to be real, Switch has been my favorite Nintendo console overall. Wouldn't even call the hybrid feature a "gimmick". Handheld gaming has never been a gimmick. Gameboy wasn't a gimmick, it's just clutch and convenient. I've been a Nintendo fan this generation not gonna lie.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

Worst, the wii.

If I'm going to be real, Switch has been my favorite Nintendo console overall. Wouldn't even call the hybrid feature a "gimmick". Handheld gaming has never been a gimmick. Gameboy wasn't a gimmick, it's just clutch and convenient. I've been a Nintendo fan this generation not gonna lie.

I have an original Gameboy that my mom still plays Tetris on.

They don't make electronics like that anymore. That thing is like 25 years old at this point or something like that.

Switch is dope, not going to lie. I want to like Nintendo and I'll give them credit when they earn it. Almost bought one, I just don't really have any interest in the games on it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I have an original Gameboy that my mom still plays Tetris on.

They don't make electronics like that anymore. That thing is like 25 years old at this point or something like that.

lol, that's awesome.

Yeah, now we buy phones for 3000 bucks that break if we sneeze at them. Guess there's no demand for durable shit anymore..

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

@pmanden: The Saturn was great, sure it was hard to develop for, but had a heap of bangers.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

@Litchie: I wonder if it's less about demand, and more that people don't know there is another way. They're great at brainwashing people into believing there isn't an option. Hell, I would love stuff that actually lasted, but that's not what THEY want. They want to continually sell us sh!t we don't need, and to make us afraid to not have it. We're so addicted to convenience and constant stimulation that we can't see how it's destroying us. I'm seriously about to go back to a flip phone, and just use this phone for audiobooks when I walk at night. Worst case scenario, I could just pop the sim back in if I go somewhere that I would need navigation.

I want less things in my life, and to care more about the few things I do have.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

PS2. It had some decent games on it, don't get me wrong, but the build quality of that system was atrocious. Went through about 7 PS2's before before settling up on the final one I have, and even that started having issue at one point....

The original Gameboy is a close 2nd. Not having backlight was torture, but made for some interesting ways to sneak some playtime in the dark when I was suppose to be sleeping on a school night...

You know, if those Tiger games count, I'd pick those as the grand champions of terrible game systems lmao...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10616 Posts

@Pedro said:

Wii-U. Didn't have much support and the reliance of the gimmicky controller made it worse.

The Xbox One felt redundant and you supposedly bought a Series X.😂

Well in his defense the series x is more powerful than the ps5. So I guess there’s that.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12965 Posts

For me it’s a tie between the PS3 and PS5. If I had to pick I guess I would go with the PS5 as Sony made it redundant now that they have gone all in on multiplatform.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ermacness

@hardwenzen said:

Probably the ps4. It was so weak from day one that its as if Nintendo designed it.

It was’t extremely powerful when it came out but it did at least have enough power to allow BF to achieve 64 players on a console while playing it at a higher frame rate than 30. A 1st for the BF franchise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

Probably the ps4. It was so weak from day one that its as if Nintendo designed it.

It was’t extremely powerful when it came out but it did at least have enough power to allow BF to achieve 64 players on a console while playing it at a higher frame rate than 30. A 1st for the BF franchise.

Not only did it have constant drops in frames, but my 360 on launch had 32 players in PDZ, so not too impressed.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Wii.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1240 Posts

Psp - played a small handful of games released for it. Mostly nothing special. Ugly graphics , meh screen. Controls often gimped compared to console games. Occasionally played a few ps1 titles which was nice.

Admittedly bought it in 2013. Probably would have liked it way more had I gotten it like 6 - 7 years earlier. My friend got one at launch and it was pretty awesome at the time.

Next is probably switch for its overpriced games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

I always think back of the X360.

It was capable of playing both on an SDTV as well as the newer HDTVs (which were 720p back then).

But eventhough it said that on the box it was clear some games were made to be played on HDTV and there was no way for me to read all the small text on my measily 480p pixels.

I got RROD on my X360 and so did everyone else I knew that had a X360, I'm sure some people got lucky. But I always felt like Nintendo and Sony had higher quality standards because of it.

It was also my least favourite Xbox generation with a lot of PC studios (Ensemble) closing and/or the focus shifting away from PC. We had GFWL, we had Halo 2 being exclusive on Vista.

Adding to that the entire generation can be sumarised with three games: Halo/Forza/Gears.

Plus I hate that clown Don Mattrick.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56117 Posts

Xbox One for me as Rare Replay is the only exclusive game I really enjoy. Overall, it was the most redundant console of all time! PS Vita is second but I got it late in its cycle.

@ghostofgolden said:

PS3

I blame that console for the rise of movie games. It had the worst controller ever, (especially at launch). As an online gaming console it trailed miles behind the 360. There was nothing I liked about that console.

But Golden, it does everything! Free online, and yes, Sony's exclusives were coming out slow but they did pick up the pace later on. And dare I say it has kinda of a cheap Blu-Ray player.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

Never had a console I would consider bad even the psp which I played the least still has a pretty good amount of time synced into it thanks to titles vice city stories ... it was more of a fact I didn't have enough to play on it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts
@dimebag667 said:

@Litchie: I wonder if it's less about demand, and more that people don't know there is another way. They're great at brainwashing people into believing there isn't an option.

Yeah, I suppose so. Talking phones, Apple is the biggest phone maker (or maybe Samsung is, whatever), and their products are expensive crap which they try to nickel and dime people as much as possible with. If people cared about quality, that wouldn't be a thing. As to why people don't care about quality? Guess quality isn't as flashy? It's just not as cool to have a phone that doesn't break, as opposed to a phone running the latest apps.

@dimebag667 said:

@Litchie: Hell, I would love stuff that actually lasted, but that's not what THEY want. They want to continually sell us sh!t we don't need, and to make us afraid to not have it.

Of course. More money that way.

If you have to buy 2 phones per year, that's double the profit for the phone maker. If you have to buy a special cord for that specific phone, more profit for phone maker. To have screens that break from a short fall? More profit. To have earbuds that only work for your brand/model of phone? More profit. Etc.

I have like 6 friends with Apple phones, and I don't think any of their screens are uncracked.

@dimebag667 said:

@Litchie: We're so addicted to convenience and constant stimulation that we can't see how it's destroying us. I'm seriously about to go back to a flip phone, and just use this phone for audiobooks when I walk at night. Worst case scenario, I could just pop the sim back in if I go somewhere that I would need navigation.

I want less things in my life, and to care more about the few things I do have.

Sounds good. I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to phone stuff. I own a smartphone, but I use it as a phone / internet browsing device. Facebook? TikTok? X? Couldn't give any form of shit. I just get the cheapest best one I can find when I need a new one, usually something chinese. Never bought any phone for more than 200 bucks, and never had any of them break on me just by dropping it, like Apple phones for 2000 bucks do. I think I've dropped my current one over 20 times.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

Hmmm tough one.

Since owned includes past systems. Xbox one s… I didn’t have a 4k tv for blu rays at the time and had a very glitchy experience.

I think I was burned out on gaming too. I traded it in to gamespot for a one x and was impress with that machine over the ps4 pro I bought in the middle. PS4 pro was better than one s but sounded really loud.

If one s doesn’t count because I adored the one x model… than it would definitely be the NES. I am just not good at hard games.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2470 Posts

@davillain said:

@ghostofgolden said:

PS3

I blame that console for the rise of movie games. It had the worst controller ever, (especially at launch). As an online gaming console it trailed miles behind the 360. There was nothing I liked about that console.

But Golden, it does everything! Free online, and yes, Sony's exclusives were coming out slow but they did pick up the pace later on. And dare I say it has kinda of a cheap Blu-Ray player.

It took awhile for the free online and functional online service to get there. The interface was incredibly clunky while the 360 was pretty damn good from the jump.

The Blu-ray player was the only redeeming quality imo.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Upd0g
Member since 2024 • 17 Posts

Of the ones I have owned?

Atari 2600 (Trust me it was ancient when I got it, something my parents bought in from second hand marketplace).

Earliest gaming memories are playing pitfall and pole position, or some knockoff thereof. Still had a lot of fun.

But then I jumped straight from that and gameboy to PS1 so yeah.... stark difference.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

the sega saturn

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#74 pixieValerie  Online
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

Probably the Wii U. It had some great games and it gave us Xenoblade Chronicles X and I spent a lot of time playing it, but the game output was pathetic and its hardware was really underwhelming for the time. Looking back on it now, I can really see how disappointing it was and I mostly use it for Xenoblade X and Wii games.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ermacness
@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

Not only did it have constant drops in frames, but my 360 on launch had 32 players in PDZ, so not too impressed.

Comparing PSZ to BF4 is COMPLETE lunacy. BF4 had destruction, vehicles, and 32 more players. While it wasn’t a consistent frame rate, it still averaged more than 30, while PDZ only played in 30. Please do not compare PDZ to BF4 ever again. On a technical level it’s an apples to oranges comparison.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

Comparing PSZ to BF4 is COMPLETE lunacy. BF4 had destruction, vehicles, and 32 more players. While it wasn’t a consistent frame rate, it still averaged more than 30, while PDZ only played in 30. Please do not compare PDZ to BF4 ever again. On a technical level it’s an apples to oranges comparison.

Yea, but it also came out a generation apart so you'd expect that, really is nothing impressive. BF4 wasn't even running in 1080p, one of the selling points of the new generation back then.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4366 Posts

gamecube. games i normal play where on other consoles then it.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

PS3. I only played MGS4, TLoU and Persona 5 on it

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ermacness

@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yea, but it also came out a generation apart so you'd expect that, really is nothing impressive. BF4 wasn't even running in 1080p, one of the selling points of the new generation back then.

You was the one who brought up PDZ, not me and besides with what BF4 was doing at the time it was very much excused for not running in a native 1080p resolution. At the time BF4 was the most technical game on the ps4 for a while.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Up there as well for me was the game gear the battery situation was ridiculous. Went through them like water I know there was a power adapter but that defeats the object of a handheld.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#82 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

3DS. Library was a major step down from the OG DS. Even on the first party front.