roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3551 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@iamwreckem711: Interesting... I might have to look at this more closely. If I ditched Comcast TV I would still keep their internet because it's the best around here and there isn't really a data cap... maybe it's like 200 GB a month or something but I've never come close to approaching that. I just fear that they are eventually going to get more strict about data caps.

I have a PS3.. I'm assuming the service is available there as well as on PS4?

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3552  Edited By Iamwreckem711
Member since 2015 • 111 Posts

@roboccs: you assume correctly! Ps3 and ps4 at the moment. Our data plan is about the same and we haven't come close to our cap at all and we leave it running in the background.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3553 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Cats

That sounds like the perfect thing for you. The only thing I've seen make you angrier than stupid people is stupid people treating animals poorly. Your advertising needs an Ace-Ventura-style picture of you covered with cats, though. If you don't have that, what are you even doing.

I looked into Playstation Vue. It looks like the kind of thing that could finally shake up how TV works if enough people jump on board. It's a good mix of big group of standard channels + a la cart channels for a cheap additional fee. There aren't many extra channels yet, but that list will probably grow over time.

I don't need it, though. Hulu is still enough for me, and that's free.

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3554  Edited By Iamwreckem711

@JordanElek: they need to make it available on pstv ans Sony tvs if they want it to be mainstream, can't imagine too many people going for it when the cost is a gaming console :P

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3555 JordanElek

@iamwreckem711 said:

@JordanElek: they need to make it available on pstv ans Sony tvs if they want it to be mainstream, can't imagine too many people going for it when the cost is a gaming console :P

If you're saving $100/month, a PS3 would pay for itself in no time. It's like my cell plan. I had to buy the phone outright for $200, but when my monthly bill is $16, it paid for itself in a couple of months.

And I bet it'll be possible on Sony TVs soon if it isn't already with newer models.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3556  Edited By fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

I'm excited for today's game. I think the Raptors have are easily going to get past the first round. Pacers rely on Paul George too much and we have enough good guys in defense to contain him, and closer to the mid point of the series DeMare Carroll should be healthy and playing more minutes.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3557 roboccs

@fishpockets: I still think Toronto will win but it's not going to be a cakewalk. I figured both the Pacers and Pistons would be tougher outs than people thought.

Paul George is just good too. Toronto has that additional monkey on their back as well.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3558 fishpockets

@roboccs: Pistons would have been better for us since that team has a lack of playoff experience, I think we would have had an easier time. Paul George has been in the eastern conference finals twice, he knows what it takes to get far in the playoffs, whereas the Raptors don't -- I figured this series would go to 5 games only, but now I'm thinking closer to 6 or 7.

We defended against the Pacers really well last night -- but Kyle Lowery and DeMar DeRozan didn't perform, combined for 8-for-32 points ... just awful. Jonas Valanciunas had an amazing game, but you can't rely on your big and have the two all-stars be absent.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3559 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Here's a recap of game 1 Pacers vs Raptors.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/gamerap-041616

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3560 Iamwreckem711

My Spurs killed it tonight, great start!

For those of you not on facebook, made myself a woodworking bench this weekend, has two vices and I bored holes down the bench for bench dogs so these two vices can hold huge stuff now, pretty pleased with how it turned out. This will help me make futire projects much easier now! Total cost of wood was 49 bucks, all hardware was about 90, and 10ish hours of labor spread across this week and weekend. Much better than the 400+ it would have cost to buy!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3561 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Awesome job on the bench!

I'm going to try my damnedest to kill myself this weekend by renting this!

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3562  Edited By Iamwreckem711

@Jaysonguy: holy crap that looks like fun. At least you'll go out with a smile on your face!

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3563 fishpockets

So I picked up the new Hitman game on PSN and tried to live broadcast it on YouTube Live. My microphone didn't work... I talked to myself for an hour.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3564  Edited By JordanElek

@Jaysonguy said:

Something about the picture makes it look like it would fit in your hand. Now I'm imagining you out in your backyard spending hours digging a tiny hole by moving one little bucket of dirt at a time.

@fishpockets said:

I talked to myself for an hour.

Isn't that how everyone plays games?

I did a lot of swearing at Dark Souls yesterday. Then I got up to get something and realized the windows were open.....

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3565  Edited By Iamwreckem711

Bahahaha cannot unsee the toy digger.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3566 Jaysonguy

@JordanElek said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Something about the picture makes it look like it would fit in your hand. Now I'm imagining you out in your backyard spending hours digging a tiny hole by moving one little bucket of dirt at a time.

I've done that before too.

I'm very excited to punch down trees.

I already nicknamed it the "Hammer of God"

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3567 roboccs

@fishpockets: How's your Legend of Zelda progress going? Have you still not looked anything up? I tried doing this with the second quest 2 years ago because I never got very far in it when I was a little kid. I think I finished 4 or 5 dungeons then got stuck. It's great stumbling on a random dungeon.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3568  Edited By fishpockets

@roboccs: I haven't looked yet, I'm on the fourth dungeon (level 4) but it's all dark so I suspect I need to find a lantern or something somewhere. I also have an extra key, so pretty sure I missed something somewhere. I think I missed something most likely in the first or second dungeon, I tried to check every room in the third one. But I haven't tried using bombs randomly in the dungeons either, so if there's a secret door I for sure would have missed it.

On another note, all this talk about an updated Xbox One and PS4 is making me seriously consider investing in a PC instead. I'd rather built a PC and upgrade at my own pace than have an updated console come out mid-life span. PC + Nintendo Hardware would be the most ideal I think, I don't really play many of the exclusives on Sony or Microsoft consoles and games are typically much cheaper on Steam.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3569 roboccs

@fishpockets: I'd be freakin pissed if I bought a PS4 or Xbox1. They've been out only 2+ years and they're going to be upgrading by the end of this year probably. I see the reason to buy a PC but the advantage of buying a console is so you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading little things all the time for at least 5 years or so. I don't know the first thing about gaming PC's, upgrading processors or video cards, what's the best brands, etc. This changing of the console market is scaring me to say the least.

The fact that Nintendo is jumping from WiiU to their next console so quickly sucks as well so they're not off the hook by any means. The only difference is Sony is dominating the console market where the WiiU is a commercial failure.

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3570  Edited By Iamwreckem711

@roboccs: from all reports there is no forced upgrade and Sony won't be allowing 4.5 exclusive games or content, just higher resolution or framerate versions of the same game, so there's nothing really forcing anyone to upgrade. I'm fine with it for technophiles that want the best resolution or whatever to justify their 4k tv purchase since it doesn't affect me at all.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3571  Edited By JordanElek

@roboccs said:

I see the reason to buy a PC but the advantage of buying a console is so you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading little things all the time for at least 5 years or so. I don't know the first thing about gaming PC's, upgrading processors or video cards, what's the best brands, etc.

I built my PC from scratch three years ago for just under $1000. Haven't updated a thing yet. I'm getting closer to needing to, but when I do, it won't cost as much as a new console would. Over time, if you're willing to be fairly conservative, it's cheaper than getting consoles. Game prices more than make up some of the cost, too.

Also, it doesn't take much to learn what you need to do to keep up to date. Most of the time, you don't need to do anything. Sometimes, games will be weird, but Googling solves 99% of problems pretty easily.

And mods. I'm playing the original Dark Souls with all the DLC (which I bought a few years ago for $6) with an HD texture pack and another mod that improves performance. I can't play Dark Souls 3 yet (for several reasons), so going through the first game again this way has been fantastic and wouldn't be possible on a console.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3572 fishpockets

@roboccs: I kind of saw this coming, the consoles were already semi-old when they came out (specs wise), and having a 5 year life cycle is too long without having the games made for them suffer.

That's why I think the PC is more enticing now -- you can future proof it from the get go by buying high end parts, and when they get old you can upgrade whenever you'd like. The initial cost is quite high, but the amount of money you can save on games is worth it.

I'm curious now about how often we'll need to upgrade, since Moore's Law has slowed down. It used to be the theory that every two years, computing power doubled. Now, it's more like two and a half years to three years.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3573 roboccs

@iamwreckem711 said:

@roboccs: from all reports there is no forced upgrade and Sony won't be allowing 4.5 exclusive games or content, just higher resolution or framerate versions of the same game, so there's nothing really forcing anyone to upgrade. I'm fine with it for technophiles that want the best resolution or whatever to justify their 4k tv purchase since it doesn't affect me at all.

I find this hard to believe. I imagine the games will work on PS4 but they'll work crapily. I imagine over time the games will be optimized for the updated console and those with the original console will have to deal with less than ideal performance.

It is good for PC gamers that developers are porting a lot more games to PC. The problem is you never know if you're going to get a good version of the game. I think of the last Batman that just never worked no matter how strong your PC is. That initial investment is crazy if you want a PC that will play most games. I can't justify $1000 for a rig that plays most games. Wii U was $350, the NX will probably be what... $400-450... that's like $800 for 2 Nintendo consoles that'll likely keep me happy for 9 years... Would $800 get me a decent PC? I'm guessing probably but I don't think it would be adequate for 8 years. Then again, I'm not that picky either.

I'm rambling... It's nice to have options at least!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3574 roboccs

@fishpockets said:

@roboccs: I also have an extra key, so pretty sure I missed something somewhere.

I forgot to comment on this yesterday. Believe it or not, you can end up with extra keys after dungeons without missing anything. I always had extra keys in the early-going of the game.

On the Zelda topic I've been playing through Ocarina of Time on 3DS kind of on the side... I just finished the Forest Temple... wow is that game still hard to put down. I keep going back and forth on what my favorite Zelda is between Ocarina and A Link to the Past... It's been 10 years or so since playing Ocarina and holy crap is this game amazing to me still.

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3575 Iamwreckem711

I've actually gotten really interested in e3 this year. I'm excited to see what Nintendo rolls out, I want a reason to get back into them again.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3576 Jaysonguy

So anyone else want to vomit that Andrew Jackson is coming off the 20?

Before Haz rants about women's rights and shrieks how dare you say anything ever about a woman in any possible way good or bad I'd like to point out that Andrew Jackson is the only president to pay off the national debt.

They are taking the guy who was most responsible with money off the money.

I can only hope that President Trump or Cruz fixes this grave injustice.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3577 Jaysonguy

@iamwreckem711 said:

I've actually gotten really interested in e3 this year. I'm excited to see what Nintendo rolls out, I want a reason to get back into them again.

I'm the opposite. PAX is this week and I'm avoiding it, same with E3.

There are great people in the industry, wonderful people who deserve support.

The problem is that there are too many people who are pushing agendas for only certain interest groups like woman, minorities, LGBLT's, etc. I cannot deal with that many entitled people and keep my mouth shut.

Instead of including everyone these groups are creating more segregation than ever before.

I've toned down my stuff with games right now. I'm doing consultant work on Kickstarters and games but right now I don't want to be an active participant. Entirely too much pandering and too much segregation.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3578 JordanElek

@iamwreckem711 said:

I already took off work for Monday to Wednesday that week. Don't want to miss anything. It's going to be a blast. The industry is in such a weird state right now, and I love seeing companies stumble their way through it. Hopefully good, new, cool things come out of it.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3579 fishpockets

@Jaysonguy: Your post read like a SNL skit except it's a real person and it's scary.

@Jaysonguy: Your post reads like 'people should be tolerant of people being intolerant, and those who want more inclusion are evil'

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3580 Iamwreckem711

@JordanElek: Yeah I like that stuff is in a weird state, I think some cool innovation could come out of it.

Boom, just booked our flight, hotel, and Saints tickets for our new orleans trip in September :D

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3581 roboccs

@iamwreckem711: I'm always pumped for E3. It's especially amazing when there's a new console unveiling. Now all the PS4.5 and XB1.5 rumors it adds more intrigue.

Those will be definite office day for me.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3582 roboccs

Anyone in here still play the Mario Maker? I uploaded a new level. It's pretty easy, has some keys, and a hidden secret that breaks the level and makes it easier. The name is dumb but wanted to give a small hint that kicking shells makes them act a little differently than throwing them. No one will pick that up but it's there anyway.

kick the shell out of it!! (A94E-0000-0228-E5B6)

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A94E-0000-0228-E5B6

Believe it or not, it's still fun to make levels in this game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3583 Jaysonguy

@fishpockets said:

@Jaysonguy: Your post read like a SNL skit except it's a real person and it's scary.

@Jaysonguy: Your post reads like 'people should be tolerant of people being intolerant, and those who want more inclusion are evil'

1. Yes it is like an SNL skit that the guy who got rid of all debt should be off the money but a Broadway play gets another to stay on.

2. Do you not understand that these other groups don't allow others to participate? Or have they just brainwashed you completely?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3584 Jaysonguy

I have to go get the yard ready today. Every utility company came to the house and marked it all off so I know how not to explode.

My girlfriend still wants to go to PAX but she doesn't want to go without me and considering I'll wear a Donald Trump shirt there (and I don't tolerate any liberal nonsense) she thought that she couldn't go either way.

I also made this for my cousin's birthday.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3585  Edited By JordanElek

Whaaaaattttt...... Hello from the Magic Tavern (the podcast I've mentioned before) is doing a live show at PAX with PATRICK ROTHFUSS. Two of my favorite things IN ONE. AHHHHHHH

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3586 Iamwreckem711

@JordanElek: I have one of his books and still haven't read it.. just keep finding other stuff first hah.

Have yall seen stuff on No Man's Sky? It looks really interesting, but potentially very boring if not done well... fingers crossed.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3587 roboccs

@Jaysonguy: I FORGOT ABOUT SILVERHAWKS! My older brother and I used to love that show.

@iamwreckem711: I've been very intrigued by No Man's Sky since it was shown 2 or 3 E3's ago. I agree with you, it could end up being really boring and overwhelming. I have no way of playing it anyway so it doesn't matter but I still have been keeping an eye on it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3588  Edited By Jaysonguy

@roboccs:I liked the theme the best, that was in the Thundercat realm of shows.

@iamwreckem711: They're great guys with vivid imaginations so I have faith in the game. Even if I wasn't friends with them I'd think positively about the game.

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3589 Iamwreckem711

@Jaysonguy: Thats awesome! That's one really refreshing thing to see when they talk about the game, they all seem to just light up, you can tell this is their baby. The new videos recently look so good.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3590 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I need advice as to what to buy on the eShop. I have 13.99 to spare and I want to buy one game. The contenders are Earthbound, Super Metroid and Link to The Past. Which one should I get? I like their genres but I can't decide which one to enjoy first.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3591 Jaysonguy

Guys, destroying things is awesome!

Also having male genitalia DOES mean you automatically know how to do things.

The excavator was different from the backhoe but I picked it up immediately.

Jordan, wreck, roboc, you OWE it to yourself to get one. They say you shouldn't demolish a building with one, but you can, you can throw it around and smash it to pieces and you will be amazingly happy.

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3592 Iamwreckem711

@Jaysonguy: envy, that looks fun. I got to go crazy with a nail gun not too long ago and that was a good time. Also got to drive an 18 wheeler and it was terrifying hah.

@Kruiz_Bathory: Definitely Link to the Past, my favorite Zelda game.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3593  Edited By roboccs

@Kruiz_Bathory: A Link to the Past is one of the best adventure games ever made. I would pick that as well. Super Metroid is amazing too but is a totally different type of game.

So really it depends on what genre you feel like playing because all 3 games are way different experiences.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3594 roboccs

So I listened to a recent Giant Bombcast where they explained the PS4 "Neo". After hearing them explain it and the policies Sony will put into place to not alienate their current PS4 fanbase. I'm not so against it anymore.

@Jaysonguy: Yeah, that looks like fun. I did a bunch of yard work on Sunday but it did not include an excavator, it included a Craftsman yard tractor, a shovel, rack, and some Preen. I hate weeds....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3595 Jaysonguy

@iamwreckem711 said:

got to drive an 18 wheeler and it was terrifying hah.

That's amazing, I would love a real life "East Bound and Down" scenario.

I had to return the excavator. Some people say you're not truly a man until you have a kid, others say it's until you kill someone, for me it's when you destroy things with construction vehicles.

Now I've got to start planing out the tiller situation so I can have a lawn that will make Hank Hill proud.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3596 roboccs

So I randomly have had this urge to start playing Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion on my PS3 again... because I don't have a backlog of really long games already... I started playing this morning now that I have a better understanding of how these types of games work and I did a little bit of reading of some of the nuances of this specific system... yeah I think I could be hooked again... For some reason Skyrim bored me but this game was always really fun to me. I think I played 42 hours of it the first time I tried it; haven't touched the game in like 4 years. I just need to make sure this doesn't take too much time away from Xenoblade. I'm in chapter 10 and I still want to play that game too.

What I need to do is find a time machine, pack up my WiiU and PS3, kick past-roboccs in the butt and say "Don't look at me or it could disrupt the space-time continuum" and go back to a time when I actually had more time to play games.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3597 roboccs

That's crazy that no NX will be at E3 this year. Now from what I read they said it will not be present at the show but will be unveiled later this year... you think they are speaking literally and just won't have the console physically at the show but maybe will still talk about it? Or do you think it'll be pure radio silence about the NX at the show?

Zelda being the only Nintendo game that is playable is nuts too. I do expect (and hope) we at least get some NX game announcements and trailers but who knows.

I can live with the system coming out next March though. Honestly my current stockpiling of Amazon cards and one more Christmas and Birthday to build up the stock should have me right where I need to be!

Iamwreckem711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3598 Iamwreckem711

@roboccs: Yeah this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. I would like to think it's because they want to keep it close to chest so they can have a big explosion of information to get people hyped, but that's surely just wishful thinking.

Also I could never go back to oblivion now haha. I enjoyed it well enough at the time, shivering isles was excellent but the oblivion gates were pretty repetitive. The scaling enemies were also a royal pita.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3599 roboccs

@iamwreckem711 said:

@roboccs: Yeah this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.. I would like to think it's because they want to keep it close to chest so they can have a big explosion of information to get people hyped, but that's surely just wishful thinking.

Also I could never go back to oblivion now haha. I enjoyed it well enough at the time, shivering isles was excellent but the oblivion gates were pretty repetitive. The scaling enemies were also a royal pita.

At this point I'm done guessing what they're going to do. I'm just dying to know what the thing is!

Honestly the few hours I've put into Oblivion so far have been really fun! That world is really neat. I understand how wrpgs work so much better now too. Oblivion was my first experience with an open-world game and I was clueless. Basically I understand what the strengths of my character are and I'm trying to put the most focus on my major skills. I haven't leveled up quite yet but I know now not to dump points in areas that I don't need to when the time does come.

Honestly, if the enemy scaling gets too annoying if I stick with this game I will just lower the skill level down to easy. To me this playthrough is more about the adventure overall than just the combat. Combat is really second-fiddle.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3600 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

@roboccs: I'm really worried about it now, I think everyone assumed last E3 was fairly sparse because they were so focused on NX, but now no NX and basically nothing for the remainder of 2016. It's a dead in the water situation like we had from Wii to Wii U where is was just nothing and the assumption that it was because there was so much coming for the next console, but that didn't happen. And if the rumors are to be believed and its a two part system with the handheld part coming spring and the console holidays, youve got an even bigger drought.

Apparently I'm me again :O