WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3651 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

@Jaysonguy: 100 percent true. Despite the Thunder playing out of their minds and the Spurs starting 1 for 12 or 13, had PLENTY of opportunities to seal the deal but it looked like they were stuck in "lolwebeattheseguysby100lasttime" and no one but Ginobili and Aldridge came to play.

So what are you guys hoping for out of NX? I know there's a topic on this board but us higher minds aren't as active in those as we used to be.

I'm hoping for at least PS4 power, if not more to future proof a bit. Some form of off TV play, don't care if you have to buy a separate handheld to do it, it's too convenient. Wii u bc so I can just transfer all my account stuff over. Pretty much it, I'm fine with the Wii u library so it won't take much to please me on that front.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3652 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@WreckEm711: I need off-tv play on NX. That's probably WiiU's most important and useful feature in my book. I'm hoping NX is actually a bit more powerful than PS4/X1 just so the system has a chance to get some good 3rd party support.

I do agree with you that the WIiU library for as small as it is, is really good.

Also, I saw your miiverse post about Monster Hunter TriHD... Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate the same as Monster Hunter Tri on Wii but just in HD? If so, I never knew that. I've really gotten back into MH3 on WiiU lately. I started with MH4 on 3DS around the time it came out and loved the switch axe. I bought MH3 on WiiU last summer and decided to go a different weapon route for a different experience but did not have as much fun and stopped playing for a few months. Knowing there's no NX for another year I all of a sudden have had the urge to play my backlog. I fired up MH3, ditched the sword and shield for my switch axe, now I'm loving it.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3653 roboccs

@WreckEm711: Monster Hunter 3 on WiiU is $13 used on amazon... down the road if your budget can fit it in, you can re-live Tri now that I was told on miiverse that it's an updated version of the game... I had no idea that was the case.

I'm not the most reliable at setting up online sessions because of my weird gaming schedule but it'd be cool to hunt with people I know. Jordan hunted with me in MH4 once and I've made a few miiverse buddies that I hunted with a handful of times. It's a bit less annoying than hunting with randoms. I've found the MH community has two extremes... you have the total MH snobs that are total asses to you if you don't know every nuance of the game... then you have some of the nicest people who will bend over backwards to teach you the game then help you with hunts. I have been fortunate enough to find a few people that are really high level and spend a of time hunting with others to help them raise HR or get better gear.

Me personally, I prefer offline solo hunts the most but I have had some really fun sessions of hunting with randoms and miiverse friends.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3654 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@WreckEm711: @roboccs: I'd totally hunt with you guys. I saw the credits of MH3U a couple months ago but haven't gone back to it since. I think I still have almost all of the online quests to do, so it'd be fun knocking some of those out with you guys.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3655 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm just waiting for the new one on the 3DS in a few months.

It was a great "live in your car" kind of game, also good for quick pick up and play.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3656 WreckEm711

Well I'll have to look into that in the next few months then, I already have plans to buy X, Smash, and another Pro Controller next time I get fun money to throw around, and I expect those along with the games I already have to keep me busy for a while.

I was home sick yesterday so I got to play quite a bit of Mario Maker and MK8 (Forgot how amazing it is), which was a nice consolation for feeling like death. I've got what I think is a REALLY fun SMW castle that I'm excited to finish and upload. I'm a bit disappoint in the block placement limit which I hit quicker than I would like.. Because of the way I have different parts of this castle set up I needed big thick walls between them so some enemies don't bleed over (and so you cant see too far ahead), and that caused me to run out of blocks in a hurry, cutting out a lot of what I wanted to do.

Also, as you can probably tell by my increased post activity, work is extraordinarily slow right now. New federal financial aid stuff has crunched our busy time from 6 months down to about 3 and a half, so the busy is much busier and the slow is TOTALLY NOTHING. So to keep from going insane I listened to a PODCAST for the first time ever today. I found it enjoyable. It was an IGN thing talking about Nintendos E3 stuff. There aren't a lot of gamers in my friends circle to game banter with so it was nice hearing others speculate on things I've wondered about as well, except without the level of trolling and fake account posting present in most forums :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3657 roboccs

@WreckEm711: Was Nintendo Voice Chat the podcast you listened to? For so, that's one podcast I make sure I find time to listen to every week. It has become my favorite.

Keep enjoying that WiiU! I'd love to race you again in MK8. We only did that one time and it was cut short by a crying baby! Also, Smash is SO GOOD! I never imagined liking the game as much as I do. The music alone makes it worth it. It's just mindless fun and I still suck at the game.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3658  Edited By fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

@roboccs: PSST, check your inbox messages :o

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3659  Edited By WreckEm711

@roboccs: Yeah that was it!! They had really good insights and speculation, so I'm excited to listen to future episodes. I also like that they don't agree on everything and then discuss, wasn't expecting that.

Hey now, I was crying cause I lost, can't blame me for that. Haha just let me know and I'll try to be on!

I haven't enjoyed smash much in the past but have a few friends who LOVE it and don't have Nintendo this Gen so I'd have people to play with locally regularly which I feel is probably the strong point of the game so I wanna give it another shake. Plus it has shulk lol.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3660 JordanElek

@WreckEm711: Naked Shulk ftw. He was my man back when I played that game then stopped because Smash has never clicked with mel

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3661 roboccs

@JordanElek: @WreckEm711:

Believe me, I had no interest in Smash before WiiU. I just asked for it for Christmas because of all the positive chatter about it, good reviews, and I honestly had nothing else to really ask for. I just ended up loving the game.

On a separate note, in Xenoblade I finally beat that jerk Zu Pharg and Ch. 10 is now complete! I go from literally cursing this game last night and this morning to loving it when I finally figured out the battle. Right before I saved and quit this morning I talked to someone in the commercial district who triggered a side quest. Based on the multiple rewards available in that quest I have a feeling it's going to be a good thread. Can't wait to play it tonight.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3662 roboccs

I've never played an Uncharted game before but 4 looks cool. I never watched any of the trailers or anything about it because I just wasn't into it since I never played 1-3. I just watched the GS review because of the score that was displayed on the GS home page. Just in terms of looks... wow is that game gorgeous looking. When I saw the score at first I was thinking "boy they are just handing those things out like crazy lately..." but the GS reviewer actually articulated his opinion pretty well.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3663 WreckEm711

@roboccs: I don't get the appeal of the Uncharted games, it's basically a guided movie every time. It's a very basic third person cover shooter with very linear levels and very simple puzzles. I tried so hard to get into them on PS3 but it's a pretty corridor that's mainly an Indiana jonesish movie. On the plus side it's one of those games that you can watch a let's play and get pretty much the entire experience without playing it!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3664 roboccs

@WreckEm711: Yeah I see where you're coming from there. Those are pretty much the reasons I never tried them for PS3.

If the stories are actually good and gameplay is decent though, I could still get enjoyment out of them... Final Fantast 13 was linear as heck but I enjoyed that game. Not the same type of game I'm terms of gameplay but there are some parallels.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3665 WreckEm711

@roboccs: Haha for some reason I never minded it in RPGs, but I think thats because I loved the turn based combat in those games so it didn't matter.

The stories are definitely good so I think you'd enjoy it. I didn't get into 2 or 3 but I loved the story in 1.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3666 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

PSA: Get Pocket Card Jockey from the 3DS eShop. It's actually quite a fun and addictive game.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3667 roboccs

@trugs26: Seriously? It looked hilarious when they announced it. I'll have to check out that demo.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3668 trugs26

@roboccs: Yes. Get it. Great writing, and the gameplay is simple, but fun. A really good downloadable title.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3669 JordanElek

@trugs26 said:

@roboccs: Yes. Get it. Great writing, and the gameplay is simple, but fun. A really good downloadable title.

I've been playing the demo. I feel like nothing I do matters other than the extremely simplified solitaire part. Sometimes I'll stay in the comfort zone the whole time and do well with the cards, but I'll do horribly in the end. And other times I just do okay with that stuff, and I'll get first place easily.

And I don't know how enthusiasm works.... Sometimes I have like 250 fire things and my enthusiasm is 60. Other times it's 250 and I get 100 enthusiasm. And the homestretch seems kind of worthless.... Either you're going to easily get the win or be too far behind to do anything, no matter how many boost things you have.

Obviously I haven't grasped everything, but it seems like there are too many systems that don't really do much. Kind of like Pokemon. But I have a bit of an anti-GameFreak bias, so take it as you will. ;p

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3670  Edited By trugs26

@JordanElek: Well all of the systems kind of affect each other. The START solitaire affects how much Unity you get (i.e the amount of steps you can take), and the Unity affects your Enthusiasm (since Unity can be converted to Enthusiasm). Since Unity affects your steps, this also affects whether or not you'll get in your comfort zone, which in turn can generate more Unity. There's also Super Unity. Enthusiasm is used in the final stretch, and dictates how well you do there. When your Energy is converted into an Enthusiasm percentage, I think it takes into account the length of the course (and probably other things, I'm still learning). Then there is stamina, which is dictated by the amount of full clears you do on your solitaire matches, which is used on the final stretch too. Also, your positioning on the course matters, since being on the inside of the track uses less stamina than being on the outside. This affects how well you do on the final stretch.

Then there's the whole "growing" aspect, and how well you treat your horse. For example, not using all of your stamina for the sake of it, or picking up cards on the track (thus adding a risk/reward component to how you position your horse during the race).

Then there is simply your horse statistics. You might blow away the competition on the easier cups because of how good your horse is. But then you might suck in the G1 cup since there are better horses in the higher ranked cups.

Then there are items you can buy in the shop which affects your next race.

Finally, there is the breeding. Which I haven't tried yet. I haven't tried betting either.

I've only started playing, but what I've played so far I'm really enjoying. There are still new elements opening up for me as I play. Most recently, watching other horses stats nearby and learning how to block them effectively.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3671 JordanElek

@trugs26: Thanks! I've played a bit more with that info and understand how it works, but I still keep playing it thinking "maybe next race it'll click" and it still hasn't. It's like I'm hooked on getting hooked, so there's no satisfaction at all. It's missing a sense of real progression for me, I think. There's nothing in there that makes me think "OO, I want that and every race takes me one step closer."

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3672 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

I've reached 5000 posts.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3673 trugs26

@JordanElek said:

@trugs26: Thanks! I've played a bit more with that info and understand how it works, but I still keep playing it thinking "maybe next race it'll click" and it still hasn't. It's like I'm hooked on getting hooked, so there's no satisfaction at all. It's missing a sense of real progression for me, I think. There's nothing in there that makes me think "OO, I want that and every race takes me one step closer."

True, I can see that. Maybe the breeding will get that for you. I've been playing a while and only have two horses, which haven't had a baby yet, so I don't know. But each horse does have their own attributes and skills, and importantly a "star ranking", which gives better offspring. So since skills and attributes are affected by how well you play, your horse's growth, and the cards you pick up, these things might be the "oh I need to do that so I can get better offspring", which in turn allows you to win the harder G1 cups. But again, I'm not sure, I'm still a noob at this and haven't actually done any breeding yet.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3674  Edited By GameboyTroy

The Raptors are on to the eastern finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/games/20160515/MIATOR/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:scoreboard

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3675 fishpockets

@GameboyTroy: We finally made it -- People keep thinking the Cavs will sweep us but I doubt it, especially if we have JV back in the lineup.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3676 JordanElek

I changed the thread to more accurately reflect The State of Things.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3677 GameboyTroy

Nice win Raptors!!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3678 GameboyTroy

Raptors tied the series 2-2!

TheNDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3679 TheNDefender
Member since 2016 • 299 Posts

I FINALLY GOT THE DIGGING GAME HEART PIECE IN A LINK TO THE PAST!!!!

AFTER DAYS OF TRYING I FINALLY GOT IT!

Sorry for the all caps, just excited, hardest heart piece of all time.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3680 WreckEm711

7k post party wut WUUUUT.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3681 fishpockets

This is boring

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3682 JordanElek

Star Fox Zero doesn't suck, turns out. I might be biased because I didn't have to pay anything to play it (thanks, library!), but it's a ton of fun. It feels like Platinum made Star Fox 64. Which is... kind of what it is.

Not sure what made so many reviewers hate it. I can only assume that they didn't take the time to get used to the controls or play through more than once, even though that's what Star Fox is designed for. Who knows. It's good.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3683 roboccs

Crickets and cobwebs here...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3685 JordanElek

@hyperp0ti0n said:

Hi, new member here! Anybody excited for dat new Zelda?

Welcome!

I just want to see what that game is. Open world could be awesome or a pain, so I really want to see Nintendo's take on it. But regardless, the visual potential for that game is ENORMOUS. That art style with Nintendo's artists in a huge world, it could be INCREDIBLE... or it could be empty and disappointing.

So yeah, I'm a little excited.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3687  Edited By GameboyTroy

@hyperp0ti0n said:
@JordanElek said:
@hyperp0ti0n said:

Hi, new member here! Anybody excited for dat new Zelda?

Welcome!

I just want to see what that game is. Open world could be awesome or a pain, so I really want to see Nintendo's take on it. But regardless, the visual potential for that game is ENORMOUS. That art style with Nintendo's artists in a huge world, it could be INCREDIBLE... or it could be empty and disappointing.

So yeah, I'm a little excited.

That's great to hear. Yeah I look forward to the open world in this game, I just hope Nintendo doesn't take the Skyrim route and make the world barren and empty. I love the art style, the HD with the mix of cel shade looks so gorgeous.

I love playing Zelda games. I hope that the world isn't too empty also. I wonder what new stuff it will have. The art style looks nice. Have you seen the new concept art?

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/zelda_2016_e3.jpg?w=760

Loading Video...

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3688 fishpockets

@hyperp0ti0n: Hi!

Yes, I want it bad.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3689 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@JordanElek: What do you think after the E3 presentation?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3690 JordanElek

@nintendo4evar said:

@JordanElek: What do you think after the E3 presentation?

It looks like everything I wanted and more. Whoever on the design team said "hey what about a physics engine???" deserves a promotion. The whole game seems to revolve around it, which is nothing new when it comes to games, but they've never designed Zelda puzzles and dungeons around it. Even the powerups seem completely based on physics.

And the appeal of the open world seems closer to Xenoblade Chronicles X's "I want to go THERE" rather than something like The Witcher 3's "I want to see what that question mark on the map is," though it does have a bit of the latter with the enemy outposts to clear out. But that's fine. Best of both worlds.

I can't wait.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3691 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@JordanElek: That's good to hear :D

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3692 JordanElek

UPDATE: While cleaning out a file cabinet at Nintendo HQ in Kyoto, someone rediscovered Iwata's notes on how to improve the WiiU. The new ink appears to be fresh, though the cabinet had been locked since before Iwata's death.

Very interesting.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3693 WreckEm711

@JordanElek: XD

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3695  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Crickets, huh...

@roboccs you around?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3696 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts
Loading Video...

Takeo453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3697 Takeo453
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts
Loading Video...

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3699 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

The budget for making a Switch game is only a fraction of, say, the budget of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Now why is this not reflected on the prices of Switch games? Since it takes very little money to make something like Samus Returns, how can they charge full price for it? Now a million dollar productions like GTAV are totally worth the asking price, but very low budget Switch games surely are not.

On real consoles, low product costs are reflected on the game's price tag. Nintendo should do the same.

nigeria55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3700 nigeria55
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

@JordanElek:

+2348157867324 or email;;

illuminatilord101@gmail.com OR WHATSAPHOW TO JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI GROUPHELLO EVEYONE THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI CALL +2348157867324 AND GET RICH WE PROVED MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT ARE MEMBER SO WE WELCOME YOU TO JOIN NOW SAY BY BY TO POVERTY AND GET 18MILLION AFTER INITIATION CALL GREAT MAN IN NIGERIA P NUMBER +2348157867324 This is a great temple of the Illuminati were you find, riches, power and fame, are you a business man or woman,or do you want to become very rich wealthy,famous,influential,great and powerful in life.If you do not want to join the Illuminati do not read this message. Rules * You must be above 18 years of age. * You must have full access to the internet. * You must not discuss the secret of the Illuminati to anyone. * We are not interested in anyone who has obtained their knowledge about the Illuminati based on what they %u2019ve HEARD from Mass Media (News or Performing Arts), Conspiracy Theorists (Amateur or Professional Authors or Speculators), Internet Rumors, or other HERESY. * Once you join the Illuminati within one week of your membership you will achieved the greatest goal in life and also have wealth and fame and 5 million usd we be give to you ask a new member. * No one discard the message of the GREAT ILLUMINATI if discarded the person will be tormented both day and night.Failure to compel to the order and rules of the GREAT ILLUMINATI shall see your fame and riches taken back. * The money ALWAYS flows TOWARDS Illuminati members...And AWAY from NON Illuminati members... One of the rules of the Illuminati is"We don't talk about the Illuminati"so I can't say too much about it here. If you are truly interested and get back to me via email? illuminatilord101@gmail.com call +2348157867324 OR WHATSAPP NUMBER +2348157867324 Do not play mind games that is how when i want to join the illuminati i was thinking if this is going to work until i met this right man and call him +2348157867324 thank the great illuminati?????