Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Republican Pushes to Overturn Ohio Election Result (newsweek.com)

Oh god, not this shit again!

A Republican state representative in North Dakota has urged authorities in Ohio to "ignore the results" of Tuesday's election, in which voters backed a motion entrenching the right to an abortion in the state constitution.

11/10 Update: Sadly this ended up not being just a slow news day thread (which honestly I was hoping it WOULD be - nothing wrong with a little boring. Oh well!),

Ohio GOP lawmakers call to block courts from implementing new abortion amendment | The Hill

Having Lost Abortion Vote, Ohio GOP Now Plans to Sabotage Results | The New Republic

It allows the state to prohibit abortion after fetal viability, which is generally between 22 and 24 weeks into pregnancy, except when necessary to protect the life or health of the mother.

But Republicans in the General Assembly have vowed to fight the measure.

“Issue 1 doesn’t repeal a single Ohio law, in fact, it doesn’t even mention one,” state Rep. Bill Dean said in Thursday’s statement. “The amendment’s language is dangerously vague and unconstrained, and can be weaponized to attack parental rights or defend rapists, pedophiles, and human traffickers.”

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

That's the MAGA way.

I'm fine with it, our democracy will hold strong. Look how Kari Lake is bankrupting the Arizona GOP not letting go of her losing her election.

The North Dakota GOP is pushing against the reproductive rights measure. This is clearly a losing topic for the GOP but they can't help but feel if they push harder they'll achieve better results.

Seriously though, it just strengthens the commitment of the liberal opposition. GOP always did better when they were solely hot air rhat people could just think they'll never deliver on their stupid rhetoric. With the SCOTUS decision, they showed they weren't just hot air, now nobody can ignore the shit they say and they say a lot of crazy shit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Let it be known: Republican policies are super-duper unpopular, and the minority has been controlling way too much for way too long.

What has occurred in Ohio has really sort of given me a much-needed boost of confidence in my peers in this country. I'll be honest: I did not have much faith in the people of this country for some time.

I hope we continue to be engaged, and more people realize what's going on.

Also FFS can we finally stop calling things like abortion rights and cannabis legalization "liberal". That shit is moderate, common-sense stuff that everyone should, at the very least, be tolerant of (if not fully supportive of).

@lamprey263 said:

That's the MAGA way.

I'm fine with it, our democracy will hold strong. Look how Kari Lake is bankrupting the Arizona GOP not letting go of her losing her election.

The North Dakota GOP is pushing against the reproductive rights measure. This is clearly a losing topic for the GOP but they can't help but feel if they push harder they'll achieve better results.

Seriously though, it just strengthens the commitment of the liberal opposition. GOP always did better when they were solely hot air rhat people could just think they'll never deliver on their stupid rhetoric. With the SCOTUS decision, they showed they weren't just hot air, now nobody can ignore the shit they say and they say a lot of crazy shit.

Yeah I think the American people are finally at their wit's end the GOP can only do so much. Between the batshit insane circus the GOP at large is performing and the takeover of the SCOTUS, people are finally letting their wants be known.

Smarter Republicans aren't touching the abortion topic with a 10-foot pole, though many seem to want to alienate people not realizing just how many Americans support abortion access (and all the other reproductive health measures that go with it: remember, it's not just about abortions but healthcare as well for women).

There's also some good shit going on in Kentucky with Andy Beshear (democrat) winning reelection for governor. Of Kentucky! A state that supported Trump by 26 points.

@robertos said:

Republican Pushes to Overturn Ohio Election Result (newsweek.com)

Oh god, not this shit again!

A Republican state representative in North Dakota has urged authorities in Ohio to "ignore the results" of Tuesday's election, in which voters backed a motion entrenching the right to an abortion in the state constitution.

I think my favorite quote is (paraphrasing) "America is should not be a direct democracy".

We aren't! You guys, the Republicans, are just garbage. You made your bed now you gotta sleep in it. **** around and find out. Etc. etc...

Also the measure passed 57% to 43%, that's not something you can ignore. That is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge margin in a state like Ohio.

....sorry I'm just super excited to see Americans behaving rationally and voting with their interests in mind and not being emotional sheep herded by non-issues like "wokism" and other lies.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Now it's just a matter of avoiding Project 2025.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:

Holy shit, that is terrifying. Never heard of it, though I have heard of the Heritage Foundation.

They really do want a dictator.

The scary thing is, they've already started doing this. Hundreds of conservative judges have been appointed throughout the country, while various government institutions have been crippled: the Bureau of Land Management, for example, moved headquarters specifically to force people to quit. This would not only limit their effectiveness by making experienced workers quit, but now conservatives could be appointed in their place.

Meanwhile we have Tuberville leaving critical military appointments vacant for really bad reasons, likely just waiting on the hope that Trump wins so they can appoint MAGA folks to those positions.

All just terrible. Have to wonder how it got this bad.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl

@mrbojangles25: Yeah, that's what Tuberville's thing is about. It's unnerving.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

The mask is off, and I guess there's no point hiding it anymore.

The Republicans know they can't win a democratic election anymore, so rather than try to win people over, they've decided they'll end democracy instead.

I sincerely wish you guys all the best. The next few years are going to be dark.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl

@mattbbpl said:

And in case anyone doubts they'll move forward on this, Trump is preparing to invoke the Insurrection Act.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@mrbojangles25: @mattbbpl: I didn't realize Project 2025 was real. I went to their website and read some of their content. Its some really weird shit. They are already working on building a fully 'trained' workforce to replace/fill positions across the executive branch.

Naturally, I believe groups like this should be treated with zero respect and harassed to the maximum. I went to apply to their "academy" and was gated by a text / security code wall. Shucks.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl

@statisticalpc: Oh, yup! Sorry guys, I thought knowledge of this was more known already, otherwise I would have mentioned it before now.

But yeah, it is real, steps to implement it are already being taken in the event they win the election, and massive players in the party are involved (leading think tanks, elected officials, the presumptive presidential nominee). Truly terrifying stuff. We could be witnessing an autogulpe in real time.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6977 Posts
@Planeforger said:

The mask is off, and I guess there's no point hiding it anymore.

The Republicans know they can't win a democratic election anymore, so rather than try to win people over, they've decided they'll end democracy instead.

I sincerely wish you guys all the best. The next few years are going to be dark.

Then why are Democrats panicking with recent polls?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

@silentchief said:

Another leftwing circle jerk created by Zaryia's alt? To bad Biden's losing in almost every poll. Seriously if the Republicans would just let you kill your babies they would win by landslides. I really wish they would let the issue go so we can save this countey from turning into a shit hole.

Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 and you guys are still voting Democrat? 🤣

I'm no expert in your second and third points, but I note that you provided no source for them and that your first claim is BS.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Republicans make it abundantly clear they don't give a crap about Democracy. In both word (Project 2025) and Deed (Trying to overturn these election results)

@mattbbpl From my understanding, building a wall is completely useless. If any government wants to be serious about the illegal immigration, they should address root causes such as environmental damage (guess which party denies climate change), the drug war, and US foreign policy of toppling governments and destabilizing countries (usually for oil). And yeah, the US fared especially well in this inflation. When someone tries to use inflation as an argument against Biden, they make it abundantly clear they have a poor grasp on economics.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Because of course...

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Another leftwing circle jerk created by [Who?] alt.

But I didn't insult anyone ITT, or even discuss another poster. Why are you putting out these nasty and personal comments?

Is there something going on at home? This is very very weird behavior that I would scold a 8 year old for....not an adult.

@silentchief said:

To [misspelled] bad Biden's losing in almost every poll. Seriously if the Republicans would just let you kill your babies they would win by landslides. [Heard this in 2020 and 2022, election is too far out.]

Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 [This would have occurred regardless of who was POTUS, the first and third provably so....]

These opinions and false statements are all off-topic. Please do not de-rail the thread, it's on a very specific topic and the opinions and falsehoods you stated are miles away from the discussion.

@silentchief said:

Seriously if the Republicans would just let you kill your babies they would win by landslides.

Finally an on topic sentence in the middle of that odd post, albeit worded in a way most Americans would find VERY bizarre. They aren't babies, and not just Democrats perform abortions. Also, most abortions are done before 6 months so a lot of this is just grandstanding. It's an important healthcare procedure supported by pretty much every notable medical group and study done on it, and reducing or removing it results in inferior health outcomes and mortality in the area.

Being so quick to ban important medical procedures could be part of the larger mindset that results in Republican areas having a much lower quality of life on average, which includes medical care and mortality. I've seen similar theories in obesity studies regarding community medical support.

Fortunately most Americans side with most medical groups and studies on Abortion. Woohoo, science for the win!

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@robertos: "But I didn't insult anyone ITT, or even discuss another poster. Why are you putting out these nasty and personal comments?

Is there something going on? This is very very weird behavior."

He's projecting. Something has him riled up.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Glad to see more people aware of it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silentchief
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Another leftwing circle jerk created by Zaryia's alt? To bad Biden's losing in almost every poll. Seriously if the Republicans would just let you kill your babies they would win by landslides. I really wish they would let the issue go so we can save this countey from turning into a shit hole.

Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 and you guys are still voting Democrat? 🤣

I'm no expert in your second and third points, but I note that you provided no source for them and that your first claim is BS.

Oh really?

And as far as inflation it went from the worse it's ever been to just very bad.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Oh really?

And as far as inflation it went from th worse it's ever been to just very bad.

That poll was weighted 75:25 in terms of how many Republicans were polled vs democrats. In other words, they oversampled Republicans.

Let that sink in. And don't put too much stock into the polls.

Also nobody should be taking polls seriously this far away from election. Look at historical polls. Obama was in a worse position and he won. Hell, look at Biden vs Trump in 2019 or whatever.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silentchief

@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Oh really?

And as far as inflation it went from th worse it's ever been to just very bad.

That poll was weighted 75:25 in terms of how many Republicans were polled vs democrats. In other words, they oversampled Republicans.

Also nobody should be taking polls seriously this far away from election. Look at historical polls. Obama was in a worse position and he won. Hell, look at Biden vs Trump in 2019 or whatever.

Yes polls are usually garbage and the republicans can always do something stupid like focusing on banning abortion. The media will also do whatever they can to help the Democrats in the meantime.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yes polls are usually garbage and the republicans can always do something stupid like focusing on banning abortion. The media will also do whatever they can to help the Democrats in the meantime.

Media doesn't do enough to call out the behavior of Republicans. They normalize the behavior. They aren't doing a thing to help Democrats.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Media doesn't do enough to call out the behavior of Republicans. They normalize the behavior. They aren't doing a thing to help Democrats.

🤣🤣.

They literally created a Russian collusion story that was nonsense and then buried the " Hunter Biden laptop story " calling it " A Russian hoax" .

Are you serious right now? They do whatever they can to help Democrats.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattbbpl

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Oh really?

Lol, you linked to a presidential poll which has nothing to do with my statement.

And 2 percent is the target inflation, man. That's precisely where we want to be.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silentchief

@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Oh really?

Lol, you linked to a presidential poll which has nothing to do with my statement.

And 2 percent is the target inflation, man. That's precisely where we want to be.

You mentioned my first point and Biden's poor approval rating was my first point.

We are 3.7% with the highest interest rates in decades to go along with it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

You mentioned my first point and Biden's poor approval rating was my first point.

Oh, I was referring to your inflation comment here:

"Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 and you guys are still voting Democrat?"

Standard noise. Again, we are where we want to be. But please continue to show you know nothing about the current state by screeching about record inflation.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silentchief
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

"Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 and you guys are still voting Democrat?"

Standard noise. Again, we are where we want to be. But please continue to show you know nothing about the current state by screeching about record inflation.

We had record inflation for 2 years of his presidency which according to him was " transitory ". We are now at 3.7 % with 8% interest rates. There is no way you spin that as a positive.

If we were where we wanted to be he would be polling better.

Keep crying about Republicans trying to destroy democracy as Democrats indict a former president.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

We had record inflation for 2 years of his presidency which according to him was " transitory ". We are now at 3.7 % with 8% interest rates. There is no way you spin that as a positive.

If we were where we wanted to be he would be polling better.

Keep crying about Republicans trying to destroy democracy as Democrats indict a former president.

Awesome, so you agree that we are no longer in a high inflation period like we were.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

🤣🤣.

They literally created a Russian collusion story that was nonsense and then buried the " Hunter Biden laptop story " calling it " A Russian hoax" .

Nonsense? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/breakdown-indictments-cases-muellers-probe/story?id=61219489

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 horgen  Moderator

What exactly would Repulicans/Trump do that would lower inflation so much faster?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

🤣🤣.

No, they don't.

They do the whole "both sides" thing to appear impartial but that just helps the far-right and Republicans because instead of calling out the lunacy for what it is, you temper it and make it milder so things seem closer than they are. Makes headlines sexier, generates more clicks, increases revenue.

As for the Hunter Biden thing, the reason that got "buried" is because there's actually a trial going on (iirc) and now it's boring because there's actually something being done about it, and it was a nothing-burger to begin with. It went from sexy scandal to boring bureaucracy, and that doesn't sell headlines.

TL;DR: unless the mainstream media is constantly calling out the far-right and Republican party for their frequent insanity and incredibly out of touch policy stances (like abortion, to use one example), they are helping the far-right and Republicans. Sometimes the truth is so stacked against one side it might seem like bias, but honestly sometimes that side is just that terrible lol.

Another example: Trump has been found guilty already in one of his many cases. Does the public know that? NO! Trump keeps talking about innocence and jurors (he is guilty, and there are no jurors) but the media doesn't correct this, they just quote Trump and talk about the ethics or something but honestly it's nonsense because he is already guilty and the court case is just to find out how much to fine him.

You're on the losing side, and it's for a good reason.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mattbbpl

@horgen said:

What exactly would Repulicans/Trump do that would lower inflation so much faster?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

But I want their answer to it. I know it doesn't exist but still.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts
@horgen said:

Crash the economy with low taxes for the rich, with continuous transfer of wealth and slashes to tax collection and social programs, so that no money is flowing and no one can buy anything.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

@robertos:

But I didn't insult anyone ITT, or even discuss another poster. Why are you putting out these nasty and personal comments?

Is there something going on? This is very very weird behavior.

No you just made another leftwing circlejerk thread

Not sure why you're reading into this so hard, but it's literally just a plain and simple thread. I made a short post regarding a same day news report. I made no statements about any posters here and made no insults. I didn't even really insult the Republican, rather most Ohioans would agree with my small quip going by the elections results.

Even after your extremely vulgar remark, I still have not insulted you. So what's with the constant ad-hominem attacks and flame bait? This isn't normal adult behavior, if you're still upset at the thread please contact a moderator or perhaps other measures if this is some kind of IRL issue/emergency instead of breaking forum rules.

@silentchief said:

Nothing I said was a false statement.

False statements and opinions (as proven by multiple posters above me) both of which were wildly off-topic. Please stop derailing the thread dude.

@silentchief said:

You're for killing babies. I get it! Guess what? I'm ok with it. Just not for the same reasons as Democrats. I believe shitty parents raise shitty kids and those kids turn into shitty adults and grow up to be Democrats. The same ones that live in the top 50 most dangerous cities in the country all ran by Democrats. So we agree here all be it for different reasons.

Am I reading this right? You are for abortion so more Democrat "babies" are "killed", because you think they are worse people? What the hell? That's beyond tribal. I don't even know what to call that...

This is like me gloating over Republicans being anti-vaxxers and dying much more because I think their policies cause reduced quality of life...

Just wow. People like this exist?

@silentchief said:

You're for killing babies.

These are not babies, it is often a embryo or fetus. And most Americans agree with me and are for abortion access. As are most medical organizations, doctors, and studies. What are you credentials as to where I should be listening to your opinion over that of the entire medical community and practically every peer reviewed paper on this topic?

Science prevails. Fortunately the center/left won out and the backwards right lost on this issue. 😎 Guess they won't be able to reduce the quality of life in Ohio via this specific facet.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Robertos

Wait why are we debating inflation in this thread? This guy...

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silentchief

@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

You could stop multi billion dollar companies from buying residential homes. Some Republicans have actually talked about this.

But just keep eating the shit sandwich the Democrats are serving you.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silentchief
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

🤣🤣.

No, they don't.

They do the whole "both sides" thing to appear impartial but that just helps the far-right and Republicans because instead of calling out the lunacy for what it is, you temper it and make it milder so things seem closer than they are. Makes headlines sexier, generates more clicks, increases revenue.

As for the Hunter Biden thing, the reason that got "buried" is because there's actually a trial going on (iirc) and now it's boring because there's actually something being done about it, and it was a nothing-burger to begin with. It went from sexy scandal to boring bureaucracy, and that doesn't sell headlines.

TL;DR: unless the mainstream media is constantly calling out the far-right and Republican party for their frequent insanity and incredibly out of touch policy stances (like abortion, to use one example), they are helping the far-right and Republicans. Sometimes the truth is so stacked against one side it might seem like bias, but honestly sometimes that side is just that terrible lol.

Another example: Trump has been found guilty already in one of his many cases. Does the public know that? NO! Trump keeps talking about innocence and jurors (he is guilty, and there are no jurors) but the media doesn't correct this, they just quote Trump and talk about the ethics or something but honestly it's nonsense because he is already guilty and the court case is just to find out how much to fine him.

You're on the losing side, and it's for a good reason.

Are you fucking kidding me?

They acted like January 11th was an organized terrorist attack. Remember the pipe bomb story? Turns out it was bullshit. The more and more that comes out about that day the more hysterical the left looks. The lefts only crutch is " were fighting for Democracy". That's hillarious coming from them.

But they buried it when it mattered most, during an election. Why is it going to trial? They spent a year saying it was just made up bullshit. It's hardly a nothing burger especially since it looks like the Vice president who is now our current president was accepting money. If Trump was doing that you would want him impeached immediately.

You keep saying that but the only policy they are really unpopular on is abortion. The general public actually sides with Republicans on immigration policy. It's Democrats who have opened the flood gates for mass immigration and now their own cities don't want anything to do with them. It's Democrats who consistently appoint DEA's who are weak on crime. So no the Democrats have plenty of unpopular policies.

You have leftwing DEA's charging a former president while the current president most likely accepted bribe money from foreign nations while he was the VP.

You're side would be getting trounced if the Republicans simply changed their stance on one issue. That would be enough for your side to lose by a landslide.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:

Do you even try to sound different Zaryia?

So why were you banned?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

🤣🤣.

Nonsense? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/breakdown-indictments-cases-muellers-probe/story?id=61219489

Was Trunp charged with Russian collusion? That's tye narrative the media ran with for 4 years. It was bullshit.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Silentchief

@robertos:

Not sure why you're reading into this so hard, but it's literally just a plain and simple thread. I made a short post regarding a same day news report. I made no statements about any posters here and made no insults. I didn't even really insult the Republican, rather most Ohioans would agree with my small quip going by the elections results.

Even after your extremely vulgar remark, I still have not insulted you. So what's with the constant ad-hominem attacks and flame bait? This isn't normal adult behavior, if you're still upset at the thread please contact a moderator or perhaps other measures if this is some kind of IRL issue/emergency instead of breaking forum rules.

I just called for what it is. It's Zaryia( that's you) up to your old tricks again. Your attempt to hide it is awful btw.

@robertos

False statements and opinions (as proven by multiple posters above me) both of which were wildly off-topic. Please stop derailing the thread dude.

Nothing I posted was false. You should focus on the party who's in power and running the country into the ground.

@robertos

Am I reading this right? You are for abortion so more Democrat "babies" are "killed", because you think they are worse people? What the hell? That's beyond tribal. I don't even know what to call that...

This is like me gloating over Republicans being anti-vaxxers and dying much more because I think their policies cause reduced quality of life...

Just wow. People like this exist?

Not similar at all. I don't support anti vaxxers the same way you support abortion. I'm simply saying if they don't want their children there's no reason for Republicans to lose elections because of it. Let them do what they want.

@robertos

These are not babies, it is often a embryo or fetus. And most Americans agree with me and are for abortion access. As are most medical organizations, doctors, and studies. What are you credentials as to where I should be listening to your opinion over that of the entire medical community and practically every peer reviewed paper on this topic?

Science prevails. Fortunately the center/left won out and the backwards right lost on this issue. 😎 Guess they won't be able to reduce the quality of life in Ohio via this specific facet.

What do those turn into Zaryia? For someone who praises science you sure do struggle with the basics? This is nothing new for your party though.🤣

Again I'm completely OK with the right changing there stance on this. It would do the country a favor.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Do you even try to sound different Zaryia?

I have no clue who that is, but what does that have to do with this thread? Why not just behave like an adult? I don't get it. No one provoked you or said anything incorrect.

@silentchief said:

old tricks again.

Making a thread about a simple news report is a trick? I had no ulterior motive, I'm sorry if this thread has caused you pain. I don't know what more to add.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrbojangles25

@silentchief: GOP is unpopular on most accounts, and have failed at the things they are popular with, currently and historically.

• They are not the party of small government.
  • They are not fiscally responsible.
  • They want to destroy social security.
  • They preach limited welfare, but red states benefit the most from welfare programs.
  • They're pro-life/anti-choice.
  • They do not exhibit Christian values.
  • They go against civil rights, and as the Party of Lincoln this is kind of terrible.
  • They claim to be patriotic Americans but trend towards fascism and anti-democratic values.
  • They want to tell you what to do, what you can do with, your body.

I mean I don't know how they have any supporters left at all. We just got out of America's longest war that cost us trillions of dollars, during which time we also endured the Great Recession and watched the GOP bail out corporations while dicking over the blue-collar workers they claim to support.

The decline started with Reagan but the GOP of the 21st century is just a complete joke, and it's only through cheating the system and conning the people that they have remained alive.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

You know it's a very slow news day if people are paying attention to an unknown local state representative out of North Dakota posting a silly Tweet.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

For someone who praises science you sure do struggle with the basics? This is nothing new for your party though.🤣

What are you talking about. On the issue of abortion Democrats (and most Americans) side with the science and doctors. This is another clear issue of Republicans being anti-science. Republicans are more anti-science in general. These two things are not even contestable.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Silentchief

@mrbojangles25 said:

@silentchief: GOP is unpopular on most accounts, and have failed at the things they are popular with, currently and historically.

• They are not the party of small government.
  • They are not fiscally responsible.
  • They want to destroy social security.
  • They preach limited welfare, but red states benefit the most from welfare programs.
  • They're pro-life/anti-choice.
  • They do not exhibit Christian values.
  • They go against civil rights, and as the Party of Lincoln this is kind of terrible.
  • They claim to be patriotic Americans but trend towards fascism and anti-democratic values.
  • They want to tell you what to do, what you can do with, your body.

I mean I don't know how they have any supporters left at all. We just got out of America's longest war that cost us trillions of dollars, during which time we also endured the Great Recession and watched the GOP bail out corporations while dicking over the blue-collar workers they claim to support.

The decline started with Reagan but the GOP of the 21st century is just a complete joke, and it's only through cheating the system and conning the people that they have remained alive.

The Democrats are worse in every single one of the areas you mentioned.

The reality is if Republicans switched on abortion they would trounce the Democrats.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2577 Posts

I see all the GOP talking heads on twitter saying the voting age needs to be raised. I guess the voter ID stuff didn’t sway things enough for them

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

Was Trunp charged with Russian collusion? That's tye narrative the media ran with for 4 years. It was bullshit.

No that wasn't the narrative.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Robertos
@ghostofgolden said:

I see all the GOP talking heads on twitter saying the voting age needs to be raised. I guess the voter ID stuff didn’t sway things enough for them

I was hoping the article in my OP was just a one off....guess not,

Having Lost Abortion Vote, Ohio GOP Now Plans to Sabotage Results | The New Republic

Ohio GOP lawmakers call to block courts from implementing new abortion amendment | The Hill

It allows the state to prohibit abortion after fetal viability, which is generally between 22 and 24 weeks into pregnancy, except when necessary to protect the life or health of the mother.

But Republicans in the General Assembly have vowed to fight the measure.

“Issue 1 doesn’t repeal a single Ohio law, in fact, it doesn’t even mention one,” state Rep. Bill Dean said in Thursday’s statement. “The amendment’s language is dangerously vague and unconstrained, and can be weaponized to attack parental rights or defend rapists, pedophiles, and human traffickers.”

Oof.