Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts
@silentchief said:

Not similar at all. I don't support anti vaxxers the same way you support abortion.

I'm pro-vaccine and I support abortion rights. The correct side of science, medical experts, quality of life, and vast research on both issues. 😎

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@robertos said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I see all the GOP talking heads on twitter saying the voting age needs to be raised. I guess the voter ID stuff didn’t sway things enough for them

I was hoping the article in my OP was just a one off....guess not,

Having Lost Abortion Vote, Ohio GOP Now Plans to Sabotage Results | The New Republic

Ohio GOP lawmakers call to block courts from implementing new abortion amendment | The Hill

It allows the state to prohibit abortion after fetal viability, which is generally between 22 and 24 weeks into pregnancy, except when necessary to protect the life or health of the mother.

But Republicans in the General Assembly have vowed to fight the measure.

“Issue 1 doesn’t repeal a single Ohio law, in fact, it doesn’t even mention one,” state Rep. Bill Dean said in Thursday’s statement. “The amendment’s language is dangerously vague and unconstrained, and can be weaponized to attack parental rights or defend rapists, pedophiles, and human traffickers.”

Oof.

At this point I think it's a question of whether or not the GOP is chaotic or lawful evil. Because they sure as shit ain't trying to do any good.

Like, do they wake up in the morning and say "I need to do terrible things, but it's for the right reason!" Then lawful evil. That'd be very Darth Vader-esque.

Or do they emerge from their lairs and rub their hands together and go "Muahahahhahah! Chaos! OPPRESSION!"

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

What exactly would Repulicans/Trump do that would lower inflation so much faster?

You could stop multi billion dollar companies from buying residential homes. Some Republicans have actually talked about this.

But just keep eating the shit sandwich the Democrats are serving you.

And how would that lower pricing caused by things outside US control?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@robertos said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I see all the GOP talking heads on twitter saying the voting age needs to be raised. I guess the voter ID stuff didn’t sway things enough for them

Having Lost Abortion Vote, Ohio GOP Now Plans to Sabotage Results | The New Republic

Ohio GOP lawmakers call to block courts from implementing new abortion amendment | The Hill

It allows the state to prohibit abortion after fetal viability, which is generally between 22 and 24 weeks into pregnancy, except when necessary to protect the life or health of the mother.

“Issue 1 doesn’t repeal a single Ohio law, in fact, it doesn’t even mention one,” state Rep. Bill Dean said in Thursday’s statement. “The amendment’s language is dangerously vague and unconstrained, and can be weaponized to attack parental rights or defend rapists, pedophiles, and human traffickers.”

Oof.

At this point I think it's a question of whether or not the GOP is chaotic or lawful evil. Because they sure as shit ain't trying to do any good.

Like, do they wake up in the morning and say "I need to do terrible things, but it's for the right reason!" Then lawful evil. That'd be very Darth Vader-esque.

Or do they emerge from their lairs and rub their hands together and go "Muahahahhahah! Chaos! OPPRESSION!"

I would say Lawful Evil.

Undermining/Utilizing/Bending the law to achieve nefarious intents is a common theme among Lawful Evil characters. Chaotic Evil characters are seldom successful unless they have overwhelming physical power.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6977 Posts

@horgen said:
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

What exactly would Repulicans/Trump do that would lower inflation so much faster?

You could stop multi billion dollar companies from buying residential homes. Some Republicans have actually talked about this.

But just keep eating the shit sandwich the Democrats are serving you.

And how would that lower pricing caused by things outside US control?

I think we need to worry about the things that are under our control that still manage to be sky high.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Robertos

“No amendment can overturn the God-given rights with which we were born,” state Rep. Beth Lear (R-Galena) added in the Republican’s statement. Another representative, Jennifer Gross (R-West Chester), claimed the referendum had only passed due to “foreign election interference.”

Lmao.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 horgen  Moderator

@silentchief said:

I think we need to worry about the things that are under our control that still manage to be sky high.

You mean the government should interfere with the free marked?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Silentchief

@horgen said:
@silentchief said:

It's not free market at all.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:

So it's not free, but you still want even more interference.

That's okay. I enjoy a few tenants of communism as well, you're in safe company.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Silentchief

@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@horgen said:
@silentchief said:

So it's not free, but you still want even more interference.

That's okay. I enjoy a few tenants of communism as well, you're in safe company.

Communisim is trash, however we are currently in a corporatocracy.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts
@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@robertos said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Oof.

I would say Lawful Evil.

Undermining/Utilizing/Bending the law to achieve nefarious intents is a common theme among Lawful Evil characters. Chaotic Evil characters are seldom successful unless they have overwhelming physical power.

You guys characterization of this pro life vs pro choice situation is bizarre to me. I don't get how you can see this as some sort of cartoon villain shit, like it's the most evil thing ever to not want you to kill off your offspring.. they want you to have babies... some people want to be able to make babies without having to commit to it and get rid of it in the womb..

Whether your pro life or pro choice... I find it bizarre to characterize (wanting your offspring to survive) as some sort of crazy evil...

I mean historically speaking... it's the government's that wants to kill off your offspring that I'd say are the most evil.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mrbojangles25

@sargentd: to me the problem isn't the "killing" of "babies", it's the removal of choice, and the will of others forced upon women.

Pro-choice is exactly that: pro-choice. If you want to subscribe to your religious or ethical beliefs that life is sacred, you can. If you want to get an abortion, you can. Win-win.

There's really only one logical answer and it's pro-choice. Anything else and you're forcing your beliefs on people and that is even more wrong and evil than abortions.

@sargentd said:

Your guys characterization of this pro life vs pro choice situation is bizarre to me. I don't get how you can see this as some sort of cartoon villain shit, like it's the most evil thing ever to not want you to kill off your offspring.. they want you to have babies... some people want to be able to make babies without having to commit to it and get rid of it in the womb..

Whether your pro life or pro choice... I find it bizarre to characterize (wanting your offspring to survive) as some sort of crazy evil...

Well it's about more than just abortions. Doctors in this field provide a host of other healthcare options that tend to go out the window when abortion is banned. They are, forgive the pun, throwing the baby out with the bathwater in that getting rid of abortion is getting rid of a lot of other great things.

You want to talk about evil? OK, let's talk about evil:

• Rape is evil. Getting pregnant via rape even more so, I'd argue. Abortion would be a nice solution in this case.
  • Getting raped and impregnated by a relative is pretty evil, too. I think being forced to carry your nephew-son-brother to term is pretty awful. Abortion would be nice here.
  • In the event one's pregnancy fails via natural means (stillborn, etc), I think it's nice to have access to clinics so that dead fetus can be removed. In anti-abortion climates, women are forced to carry this corpse inside of them for days/weeks until their body expels it naturally into the toilet. All the while they are in incredible pain and at risk of death from infection, blood loss, and more. That's pretty evil to force women to endure.
  • I think bringing a child into the world when their parents are too young, too financially poor, etc. is kind of evil. Children tend to suffer at the hands of their parents in many situations, and if abortions are available maybe that would-be parent could make one smart, selfless decision and abort that critter before it can even be abused or neglected.
  • If someone has a life planned out and pregnancy is not part of it, and through no fault of their own their birth control fails, it's pretty evil to derail that person's plans for their life and force them to be a parent.

And, again, I think the biggest evil here is the government coming into your life and telling you what you can do with your body. I'm honestly surprised you, a libertarian, are pro-life/anti-choice; libertarians tend to believe in small government and bodily autonomy.

@sargentd said:

I mean historically speaking... it's the government's that wants to kill off your offspring that I'd say are the most evil.

Woh woh woh. I'm the one being cartoonish and bizarre? Me?

Take of the tinfoil hat, dude. Government doesn't want us to kill off our offspring. You've been listening to too many conspiracy theories about Bill Gates and Klaus Schwab.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 horgen  Moderator

@sargentd said:

Your guys characterization of this pro life vs pro choice situation is bizarre to me. I don't get how you can see this as some sort of cartoon villain shit, like it's the most evil thing ever to not want you to kill off your offspring.. they want you to have babies... some people want to be able to make babies without having to commit to it and get rid of it in the womb..

Like Trump who wants to root out the left?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd: to me the problem isn't the "killing" of "babies", it's the removal of choice, and the will of others forced upon women.

Pro-choice is exactly that: pro-choice. If you want to subscribe to your religious or ethical beliefs that life is sacred, you can. If you want to get an abortion, you can. Win-win.

There's really only one logical answer and it's pro-choice. Anything else and you're forcing your beliefs on people and that is even more wrong and evil than abortions.

@sargentd said:

Well it's about more than just abortions. Doctors in this field provide a host of other healthcare options that tend to go out the window when abortion is banned. They are, forgive the pun, throwing the baby out with the bathwater in that getting rid of abortion is getting rid of a lot of other great things.

• Rape is evil. Getting pregnant via rape even more so, I'd argue. Abortion would be a nice solution in this case.
  • Getting raped and impregnated by a relative is pretty evil, too. I think being forced to carry your nephew-son-brother to term is pretty awful. Abortion would be nice here.
  • In the event one's pregnancy fails via natural means (stillborn, etc), I think it's nice to have access to clinics so that dead fetus can be removed. In anti-abortion climates, women are forced to carry this corpse inside of them for days/weeks until their body expels it naturally into the toilet. All the while they are in incredible pain and at risk of death from infection, blood loss, and more. That's pretty evil to force women to endure.
  • I think bringing a child into the world when their parents are too young, too financially poor, etc. is kind of evil. Children tend to suffer at the hands of their parents in many situations, and if abortions are available maybe that would-be parent could make one smart, selfless decision and abort that critter before it can even be abused or neglected.
  • If someone has a life planned out and pregnancy is not part of it, and through no fault of their own their birth control fails, it's pretty evil to derail that person's plans for their life and force them to be a parent.

And, again, I think the biggest evil here is the government coming into your life and telling you what you can do with your body. I'm honestly surprised you, a libertarian, are pro-life/anti-choice; libertarians tend to believe in small government and bodily autonomy.

@sargentd said:

Take of the tinfoil hat, dude. Government doesn't want us to kill off our offspring. You've been listening to too many conspiracy theories about Bill Gates and Klaus Schwab.

Margaret Sanger. Championed feminist, creator of planned parenthood, believed in eugenics and saw abortion as a way to stop black people from pro creating. She even met with the Klan. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's history.

I believe in the rights of the Individual and in the case of abortion there are 2 individuals. I do believe in bodily autonomy, I do think killing the unborn denies them of thier own bodily autonomy.

And as for as "taking away choices" besides the exception of rape, every individual makes the choice to pro create.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd said:

@sargentd said:

Margaret Sanger. Championed feminist, creator of planned parenthood, believed in eugenics and saw abortion as a way to stop black people from pro creating. She even met with the Klan. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's history.

I believe in the rights of the Individual and in the case of abortion there are 2 individuals. I do believe in bodily autonomy, I do think killing the unborn denies them of thier own bodily autonomy.

And as for as "taking away choices" besides the exception of rape, every individual makes the choice to pro create.

Fair enough, thanks for taking the time to explain. That's certainly a unique view on bodily autonomy; I'm not sure a fetus has the self-awareness for bodily autonomy to even be a consideration, but we can agree to disagree on that.

As for Margaret Sanger, I wouldn't really worry too much about that. Yes it is important to be aware of history, but it's not really any more relevant to abortion access as Nazis are relevant to modern space exploration for helping us get to the moon (or did they? bwahaha).

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

They're suing to overturn the results in Michigan, too.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:

Ah discussing full rebranding of the terminology. Things republicans are good at.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Maroxad
@mattbbpl said:

They got a lot of tenacity, and no respect for democracy nor civil rights.

Either way, it is clear they were very insincere when they were talking about states rights.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mrbojangles25
@mattbbpl said:

Of course they are. Haven't you heard? Democracies don't work!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Maroxad

@mrbojangles25: "America is not a democracy, it is a republic"

The go-to excuse I see when the Republicans are once again undermining democracy.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Maroxad: That, and, "must be a slow news day." Just normalizing autocracy.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Maroxad
@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: That, and, "must be a slow news day." Just normalizing autocracy.

Yeah, that is such a disingenous deflection or downplay.

I have learnt and just started ignoring anyone who makes these insincere remarks. They are not worth debating with. Thought terminating cliches come from people who will not make a serious argument on a topic. So best to just ignore them.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Another leftwing circle jerk created by Zaryia's alt? To bad Biden's losing in almost every poll. Seriously if the Republicans would just let you kill your babies they would win by landslides. I really wish they would let the issue go so we can save this countey from turning into a shit hole.

Record inflation, mass immigration, we are on the verge of WW3 and you guys are still voting Democrat? 🤣

I'm no expert in your second and third points, but I note that you provided no source for them and that your first claim is BS.

Oh really?

And as far as inflation it went from the worse it's ever been to just very bad.

so what are we at now? only kinda-sorta-almost-the-worst-on-earth-so-long-as-we-can-still-complain-about-it-because-we-incorrectly-blame-the-president-and-want-him-to-lose-the-next-election-bad ?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/14/cpi-inflation-report-october-2023.html

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#75 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

The party that doesn't care that Donald tried to overthrow the government doesn't care about democracy? Shocking.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Robertos

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

The party that doesn't care that Donald tried to overthrow the government doesn't care about democracy? Shocking.

Hmm...good point.

FriendBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#77  Edited By FriendBear
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

Wow, nice to see some actual democrats in a gaming forum that have some ounce of common sense...and...some obvious Trump supporters that don't. I've been debating the finer parts of Democrats for about 12 years now and from reading some of the anti-democrat posts by someone who will not be named here, ya' full of it mate.

Also nice to see that someone is versed in Project 2025 as well, that is literally as evil and dangerous as you can get for America, if that ever came to pass it would not only start a civil war, it would most likely fracture the US so much the country would probably never recover, and the more scary part is that it could indirectly lead to WW3. Because whether Republicans like it or not, the US is basically a buffer and is the deciding factor here and you take this country out of the general equation for world Geo-political balance, countries like Russia, Iran, North Korea and China would absolutely go on the offensive, even more so that currently if the US is entire pre-occupied with a civil war or splits like the USSR did, Russia would absolutely love to get revenge on the US for its involvement in that, add in China having no competition it could and would most likely target Taiwan, Philippines and even Japan.

As for Ohio and its attempts to sabotage the abortion vote, let them try. The GOP is deeply unpopular, even Trump is unpopular but attempts are made to make it seem like he could beat Biden in 2024, in actual reality the situation is that Trump has done serious and lasting damage to the integrity of the Republican party, maga has made itself painfully obvious that if it can't win, it will sabotage, cheat, rig and even go full fascist to win any power which further isolates them from Americans who know better, many veterans who see fascism for what it is are outraged and for good reason. The only people still supporting Trump are the hardcore MAGA, they are still substantial but thankfully on the decline, would trump still get support next year if it came down to Biden vs Trump? Yes, because you would still get live-long Republicans who could begrudgingly vote out of principle or even vote independent, but Democrats are more unified than ever before with attacks on Abortion, January 6th and the dangerous fascism rising from MAGA, Democrats see this and the elections have proven that - the election a few weeks ago, once again proved that this country has learned that maga is a serious threat to this country.

Don't get me wrong, this country needs a multi-party system, but its clear that a two-party system is no longer viable, and even if the Republican party entirely falls apart and the Democrats become the overwhelming party in US politics, honestly? That isn't good either, that becomes ripe for corruption. This country needs a complete overhaul of the entire political system and judicial system with term limits and better checks and balances to prevent abuse, because Trump clearly demonstrated that the checks and balances don't work.