tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

The Republican Party in the us is a complete disaster. No platform, no achievements, and no ability to govern. They’re fighting and threatening one another, and blaming democrats, which is hilarious. The us government is basically paralyzed because of the house republican caucus’s inability to accomplish…anything.

Maga darling, Jan 6th traitor, and non-serious politician, Jim Jordan, who hasn’t authored a single piece of legislation in 16 years is out after 3 failed attempts at winning the speakership.

Now they try to decide whom to make speaker. I can only imagine how long this circus will continue. What they should do is pick someone who can be bipartisan, but of course they won’t.

Elect clowns, expect a circus. 🤦‍♂️

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

I think they're going to end up with one of the loonies as Speaker. The loonies rarely compromise, and the others end up caving to them in order to do the bare minimum of governance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

I think they're going to end up with one of the loonies as Speaker. The loonies rarely compromise, and the others end up caving to them in order to do the bare minimum of governance.

I think the few moderate Republicans are tired of the loonies though. We'll see.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mattbbpl said:

I think the few moderate Republicans are tired of the loonies though. We'll see.

I don't see them reaching across the aisle.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Did the dog finally catch the car?

Also I have a second, more serious question: was the whole "able to kick him out" rule that happened to McCarthy a special deal they made with him, or is that a general rule all speakers are subject to?

@tjandmia said:

Elect clowns, expect a circus. 🤦‍♂️

Buddy, you said it lol

@mattbbpl said:

At this point it's all about agitation and excitement, so yes, I think you're right; they're going to go for one of the more visible loonies.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I swear to Christ I’ve never seen such an incompetent party before, they are so incompetent and unable to reconcile themselves that they can’t even begin the process of governance.

This is downright embarrassing.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

As satisfying as it is to watch these chuckleheads have to lay down in the bed they made for themselves, they need to figure something out. Shit is going down that requires attention.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3141 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I believe the “one person can call for the speaker’s head” condition was put into place as part of McCarthy’s deal to get the wacko vote back in January. I don’t think it carries over to the next speaker (unless, of course, it‘s negotiated as a condition to gain votes).

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

The uni party is a sham. NEO CONS and NEO LIBS were terrified of jim jordan becoming speaker, he has massive support from republican voters where McCarthy has little to no support from republican voters.

The Republicans who voted to block jordan from running for speaker in SECRET should be voted out by republican voters. They are absolute cowards to support Jordan in public but turn against him in private.

Only other candidate worth having in as speaker that's said they will is Byron Donald's.

Jim Jordan would have been great but Byron will gain support from the same base Jordon does.

Rhinos salty that swamp monster mcbarfy got pushed out. **** em get primaried.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tjandmia

@mrbojangles25: McCarthy made a deal with Gaetz, allowing him a vote of no confidence of the current speaker with only one individual challenging.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

You can't spoof this kind of mayhem. It doesn't get any more ludicrous than this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

GOP members who voted against Jim Jorsan being speaker are getting threatening messages. Though, I don't think they fear the threat of violence because of it, they fear losing the support of such people, ain't that a bitch?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@sargentd: Bryon Donalds is a fraud from what I've heard, but than again, it gives him an edge as he could be the first Black House Speaker if that's the GOP is looking for I guess.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SargentD

@davillain: I don't give a shit that he's black, he is one of the few in congress that is honest. Calls out the reckless spending and calls out how the uniparty is ignoring American interests in favor of thier donors and lobbyists.

The guy is a beast imo and would make a great speaker, jim jordan would too.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

GOP members who voted against Jim Jorsan being speaker are getting threatening messages. Though, I don't think they fear the threat of violence because of it, they fear losing the support of such people, ain't that a bitch?

I've listened to some of the threatening voicemails. One of them was directed towards the wife of one of the representatives. They threatened to stalk and harass her day in and day out.

Personally, if one of these goons threatened my wife or son like that, I would take it quite personally. I'd probably respond physically. I'd probably utilize my 2nd amendment rights that these retards hold so dearly. I'd claim "stand your ground" or Castle Doctrine.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD

@lamprey263 said:

And that's why they voted jim Jordan out in a behind doors secret vote, they don't want thier voters knowing they are sell outs. Cowards.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SargentD
@statisticalpc said:
@lamprey263 said:

I've listened to some of the threatening voicemails. One of them was directed towards the wife of one of the representatives. They threatened to stalk and harass her day in and day out.

Personally, if one of these goons threatened my wife or son like that, I would take it quite personally. I'd probably respond physically. I'd probably utilize my 2nd amendment rights that these retards hold so dearly. I'd claim "stand your ground" or Castle Doctrine.

People made death threats to matt gaetz as well screwing mcbarfy.

People make threats to politicians all the time.

Shits going to happen when you are a public figure like that. These people are soft. He's trying to excuse his vote by blaming randos who threatened him. Welcome to being a political figure in power

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl

@sargentd: The uniparty?

Lol. No one is buying that both sides schtick anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@lamprey263 said:

And that's why they voted jim Jordan out in a behind doors secret vote, they don't want thier voters knowing they are sell outs. Cowards.

The vote included all Republican members of the house. It's called a nomination vote. If it was a "secrete vote" you wouldn't have known it even took place. "Closed doors" means the press or others weren't allowed to record. No law requires them to publicize this vote. If you don't like the laws, maybe you should attempt to change them.

We live in a Republic. Once you elect your Representatives, their votes are out of your hands. Choose wisely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:
@lamprey263 said:

People made death threats to matt gaetz as well screwing mcbarfy.

People make threats to politicians all the time.

Shits going to happen when you are a public figure like that. These people are soft. He's trying to excuse his vote by blaming randos who threatened him. Welcome to being a political figure in power

So you're okay with death threats?

Threatening to kill someone is a felony. Are you okay with that?

Taking offense to felonious threats makes you soft?

You blame someone for their tactics to avoid death threats?

Does being a political figure mean you should accept felonious threats of death?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lamprey263

@statisticalpc: that's a normal response, they're sociopaths though

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@sargentd: I clearly said it gives him an edge on his skin color, not looking for if you care about color. I do see he's a good pick regardless.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lamprey263

@sargentd: "And that's why they voted jim Jordan out in a behind doors secret vote, they don't want thier voters knowing they are sell outs. Cowards."

Strangely for once I agree with you. But, they had 3 publicly televised roll call votes on it isn't any secret who wouldn't vote for him, behind scene dialogs are typically trying to whip up support.

But yeah, there is a fear, not about stoking the ire of their rabid base out of fear of the threats themselves, more the fear signals a falling out of support, a threat to their seats.

But they don't respect their rabid base, they never did, they're a joke to them, they're a bunch of rubes who are easy to manipulate for their own advantage, they're a means to an end, I just find it humorous to see it blow up in their face, to see them lose control when playing with fire, like Mickey Mouse in Fantasia when he used the magic wand to create minions to do all his chore work and then it got out of control and he can't pump the breaks on the things he set in motion for short term convenience.

There are likely more who don't want him to be speaker who voted anyways to escape the blowback, but voted knowing it wasn't going to happen because the 20-some others were taking one for the team. That's a common factor lots of holdout tactics. Those are the kind of considerations taking place in behind the scene negotiations.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@mattbbpl said:

Oh there for sure is a uniparty. Your McConnells and Pelosis are on the same team. They both serve the donors and special interests that fund them. They dgaf about you or me. They do not represent "the people" they represent thier donors. We are nothing more than numbers in thier box to stay in power so they can continue to get paid.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SargentD
@davillain said:

@sargentd: I clearly said it gives him an edge on his skin color, not looking for if you care about color. I do see he's a good pick regardless.

I hear you. It doesn't matter anyway. Donald's would be a great speaker imo. But he will never get it anyway. Best believe the establishment on both the right and left would never allow him to be speaker because he's someone that will actually want accountability when it comes to spending. He would be done dirty just like Jordan.

They want somebody as entrenched in special interests as they are, doesn't matter if it's a D or R. They need somebody that's bought and wouldn't dare defy the status quo. Jordan's biggest criticism was wannting accountability with sending money to foreign wars (Ukraine, israel) best believe many on the left and right in power NEED this money to get through. They have promised it to someone.

Donald's isn't thier guy, he might be my guy, but he isn't the guy for the uniparty. It will never happen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Oh there for sure is a uniparty. Your McConnells and Pelosis are on the same team. They both serve the donors and special interests that fund them. They dgaf about you or me. They do not represent "the people" they represent thier donors. We are nothing more than numbers in thier box to stay in power so they can continue to get paid.

Not even close to being on the same team. Maybe you should turn off youtube for your political discourse.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Only thing in common between Republicans and Democrats are in that they are both neoliberal parties, it’s just that Republicans are right wing and Democrats are centrist/moderates. You won’t find real alternatives or parties to the left of the Democrats in the US like you would in other countries.

But within the neoliberal framework, yes, there is a big difference between the two. They each want fundamentally different things for different people.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tjandmia

@Willy105: Neoliberal democrats??? The same democrats who campaign for more regulation and higher taxes on those the real neoliberal party, the Republican Party, deregulated?

Your statement just doesn’t make sense.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts
@sargentd said:

The uni party is a sham. NEO CONS and NEO LIBS were terrified of jim jordan becoming speaker, he has massive support from republican voters where McCarthy has little to no support from republican voters.

The Republicans who voted to block jordan from running for speaker in SECRET should be voted out by republican voters. They are absolute cowards to support Jordan in public but turn against him in private.

Only other candidate worth having in as speaker that's said they will is Byron Donald's.

Jim Jordan would have been great but Byron will gain support from the same base Jordon does.

What did I just read lol. Your party is in complete shambles, what a clown show.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SargentD
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

What did I just read lol. Your party is in complete shambles, what a clown show.

Just because I can't stand the shitty democrats doesn't mean the "republican party" is my party, can't stand most of them either. Uni party

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattbbpl

@sargentd: It's amazing to me how the GOP gets elected without any voters. I suppose you voted for the Green Party in the 2020 presidential election?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Uni party

You can honestly say Lizardmen are real and it would be more realistic than this nonsense. Lmao what you talkin' about buddy.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Jim Jordan would have been great

Uhh...

Rep. Jim Jordan 'turned a blind eye' to sex abuse allegations, says former OSU wrestler amid House speaker battle - ABC News (go.com)

Yeah. Real great. 🤦‍♂️ Between Trump being a rapist and these numerous accusations, what's with the top Republicans being super creepy?

@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: It's amazing to me how the GOP gets elected without any voters. I suppose you voted for the Green Party in the 2020 presidential election?

Lmao. Yeah all of a sudden the most far right people never vote for the GOP. I guess they are so embarrassed at the state of the GOP they'll say that.

@sargentd said:

Rino? Don't most of them have far right or clearly right leaning voting histories for House bills? You're just randomly saying words now.....

Anyway, I hope they stop getting death threats from all these far right crazies.

Ken Buck says he’s had 4 death threats amid Speaker vote | The Hill

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lamprey263

@sargentd: "Donald's would be a great speaker imo."

LOL, no, he'd be bored to tears in weeks. He's be lucky to get to work on time. When POTUS he'd barely make it into the Oval Office before noon, putter around watching TV and Tweeting during a large block of "Presidential Time".

He couldn't stand to partake in ceremonial duties while President, and he'd leave early Friday and come back late Sunday. It's probably an even busier job than when he was POTUS and he'd be worrhless trying to whip up support for bills.

He doesn't have the patience for the job. He wouldn't be cable of pulling the late nights, all nighters, stand before everyone to do roll call and roll call votes or hours upon hours of procedural delays like readings of the bill. He is likely incapable of learning House procedural rules or moderating sessions of Congress.

He probably will think it is a terrific idea until it happens, whereby that frightened and scared look on him when he realizes what he gotten himself into dawns on him like it did on election night 2016. And he most certainly could never juggle that while running for office or being indicted for countless crimes.

For someone who loves the man so much you should know him well enough that everything I said is 100% true.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

LOL, no, he'd be bored to tears in weeks. He's be lucky to get to work on time. When POTUS he'd barely make it into the Oval Office before noon, putter around watching TV and Tweeting during a large block of "Presidential Time".

He couldn't stand to partake in ceremonial duties while President, and he'd leave early Friday and come back late Sunday. It's probably an even busier job than when he was POTUS and he'd be worrhless trying to whip up support for bills.

He doesn't have the patience for the job. He wouldn't be cable of pulling the late nights, all nighters, stand before everyone to do roll call and roll call votes or hours upon hours of procedural delays like readings of the bill. He is likely incapable of learning House procedural rules or moderating sessions of Congress.

He probably will think it is a terrific idea until it happens, whereby that frightened and scared look on him when he realizes what he gotten himself into dawns on him like it did on election night 2016. And he most certainly could never juggle that while running for office or being indicted for countless crimes.

For someone who loves the man so much you should know him well enough that everything I said is 100% true.

lol

byron donalds

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@comp_atkins said:
@lamprey263 said:

lol

byron donalds

Yeah lamprey.. I'm talking about Byron Donald's not Donald Trump.

But go ahead and show off your derangement for everyone smh.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lamprey263

In the new line-up, all but two are election deniers 🤦‍♂️

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:
@lamprey263 said:

TBH that seemed like an honest mistake based off of a common name.

It's not like he's stating provably fake conspiracy theories every week. 😉

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MirkoS77
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:
@lamprey263 said:

lol

byron donalds

Stating facts isn't "derangement".

Nothing he said was untrue. Trump's only interest in the presidency was using it as a platform for his own self-aggrandizement, vindictiveness, and bragging. It's highly amusing there are those out there who believe that Trump has a single cell in his body that's interested in serving others. If he can't use it to flout his own glory and allow him to enact his pathetic desire for vengeance because people have the nerve to hold him accountable for his illegal activities, he won't bother.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

Remember everyone, a vote for MAGA is a vote for demonstrably incompetent governance. Nothing but self-imposed gridlock and whining.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SargentD

@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:
@lamprey263 said:

lol

byron donalds

Nothing he said was untrue. Trump's only interest in the presidency was using it as a platform for his own self-aggrandizement, vindictiveness, and bragging. It's highly amusing there are those out there who believe that Trump has a single cell in his body that's interested in serving others. If he can't use it to flout his own glory and allow him to enact his pathetic desire for vengeance because people have the nerve to hold him accountable for his illegal activities, he won't bother.

Nobody was talking about Trump but you guys just desperately need to wave around your rage boners for the orange man lolololol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@sargentd said:

Nobody was talking about Trump but you guys just desperately need to wave around your rage boners for the orange man lolololol

Yes, it’s highly enjoyable to talk shit about the orange traitor criminal loser. 😬

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl

Another one bites the dust. Tom Emmer's nomination lasted only a few hours after meeting pushback from Trump and 2 dozen House Republicans.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mattbbpl

Mike Johnson is up next.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattbbpl

Yep, he's now elected speaker.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

Like I said to my daughter the first time she tied her shoes; good job, you did it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tjandmia

So the traitors elected another traitor. Big surprise.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mattbbpl

Yeah, ideologically he's more or less what was expected. We'll see very quickly if he's better at compromise and deal making with the shutdown looming.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MirkoS77

@tjandmia said:

So the traitors elected another traitor. Big surprise.

Anything to appease their pathetic cult leader.