The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#251  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@NoirLamia777: nice to see you updated this from the last time i saw this :)

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really wish I could get Puppeteer and Beyond up there but I lost all my files and don't have photoshop on this computer :(

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 The_Last_Ride

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really wish I could get Puppeteer and Beyond up there but I lost all my files and don't have photoshop on this computer :(

At least you got games like The Last of Us though

koolyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#254 koolyoe
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

Hello everyone, I am stuck in a rut and need some suggestions.

I have ps3 and xbox 360 so I am not biased to a particular system.

Games I own or have played:

Xbox:Bioschok 1,2,infiite, fable,2,3 The Walking Dead, BF3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect 1,2,3, RDR, Halo Reach, CoD Mw3, Command and Conquer Tiberium warfare, Dark Souls. GoW 1,2,3 Midnight club LA, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rage, Lost Planet,

PS3: MGS4, Assasins Creed 1 through 3, The Last of US, Uncharted 1,2,3, God of War Saga, Ni No kuni, FF13, 13-2, FF Real Reborn, lb2, lbp karting, infamous, demon's souls, sleeping dogs, xcom enemy unknown, bf3, DeadSpace1,2,3, skyrim,

Let me know what are some games I should not miss out on.

I plan to get GTA V, Assasins creed 4, bf4, cod ghosts, but I will wait for them to drop in price. I have gamefly so I can test before I buy. Thanks everyone.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@koolyoe said:

Xbox:Bioschok 1,2,infiite, fable,2,3 The Walking Dead, BF3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect 1,2,3, RDR, Halo Reach, CoD Mw3, Command and Conquer Tiberium warfare, Dark Souls. GoW 1,2,3 Midnight club LA, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rage, Lost Planet,

PS3: MGS4, Assasins Creed 1 through 3, The Last of US, Uncharted 1,2,3, God of War Saga, Ni No kuni, FF13, 13-2, FF Real Reborn, lb2, lbp karting, infamous, demon's souls, sleeping dogs, xcom enemy unknown, bf3, DeadSpace1,2,3, skyrim,

I plan to get GTA V, Assasins creed 4, bf4, cod ghosts, but I will wait for them to drop in price. I have gamefly so I can test before I buy. Thanks everyone.

Dragon Age: Origins, Forza 4, Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Asylum & City, Far Cry 3 & Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Journey, Hitman Absolution, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron are the ones i can recomend from the top of my head

VirtualAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 VirtualAntics
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

@koolyoe said:

F.E.A.R 1, 2 or 3, Resistance 1, 2 or 3, Killzone 2 or 3, Crysis 2 or 3, Medal Of Honor, Prototype 1 or 2, Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead 1 or 2, Aliens v.s Predator, Aliens Colonial Marines, Max Payne 3, Dragon Age II, Alan Wake, The Orange Box, Dead Rising 2, Dead Island, The House Of The Dead Overkill, The Darkness 1 or 2, Minecraft, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Mirror's Edge.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#257 pcty
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

@paunstefan: I would buy ICO & The Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#258 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

Instead of going next gen after only playing X360 this gen, I came to my senses and got a ps3. With so many exclusives, its a bit daunting. I like all genres but my faves are driving, third person games, and rpgs. I've never liked jrpgs but I'm going to give them another look. Help!!

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

@FastEddie2121 said:

Instead of going next gen after only playing X360 this gen, I came to my senses and got a ps3. With so many exclusives, its a bit daunting. I like all genres but my faves are driving, third person games, and rpgs. I've never liked jrpgs but I'm going to give them another look. Help!!

The JRPG stars on the PS3 are without doubt:
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xillia
Ni No Kuni

Valkyria Chronicles is also highly regarded but it's less of a JRPG and more of a tactical jrpg which means it lacks exploration/running around outside combat.
Nier is also a jrpg that isn't very traditional and the gameplay is rather mediocre but the people that loves it (like me) loves it because of the great story.

There's a few others JRPGs I like such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Eternal Sonata but these are inferior to the games mentioned above.

I've probably missed some game but I'd say that the rest of the JRPG selection aren't worth your time unless you want to experience mediocrity (which you don't because you're not a hardcore jrpger).

Also... Regarding JRPGs... Any games involved with the company NISA / NIS-America should be avoided like the plague. They are the bottom of the JRPG-barrel from a budget, technical, graphical and gameplay perspective.

jacoby9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#260  Edited By jacoby9
Member since 2010 • 201 Posts

So my girlfriend has been watching me play video games for 2 years and today she told me that she wants to join me and see if theres any she would enjoy playing too. I am pretty much a single-player only gamer and don't have any multiplayer games so I was hoping you all could give me some recommendations for simple, good co-op games because she isn't very good at the complex stuff because shes never played before. I only have a ps3 so ps3 only please.

One that I have played that would be simple enough and we would both probably enjoy is marvel ultimate alliance 2, but idk any else. The things she likes most about the games I play are games with interesting atmosphere, good characters and a good story. Thanks for the help!

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

@xWoW_Rougex said:

@FastEddie2121 said:

The JRPG stars on the PS3 are without doubt:

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Ni No Kuni

Valkyria Chronicles is also highly regarded but it's less of a JRPG and more of a tactical jrpg which means it lacks exploration/running around outside combat.

Nier is also a jrpg that isn't very traditional and the gameplay is rather mediocre but the people that loves it (like me) loves it because of the great story.

There's a few others JRPGs I like such as Star Ocean: Last Hope and Eternal Sonata but these are inferior to the games mentioned above.

I've probably missed some game but I'd say that the rest of the JRPG selection aren't worth your time unless you want to experience mediocrity (which you don't because you're not a hardcore jrpger).

Also... Regarding JRPGs... Any games involved with the company NISA / NIS-America should be avoided like the plague. They are the bottom of the JRPG-barrel from a budget, technical, graphical and gameplay perspective.

Thanks! I already played Nier and loved it, especially its ng+. I'm putting Ni No Kuni on my list. I fear my gaming backlog will get even more ridiculous if I get into jrpgs which is a good thing!

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Does the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed IV look and play well?

I remember playing Assassin's Creed 2 on PC and the distant textures looked so bad it really took me out of that game. Afraid there might be something similar here.

Omudokolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Omudokolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hey, my internet is kinda unreliable and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some good Offline Multiplayer Games/Coop games.

koolyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By koolyoe
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

@omudokolo said:

Hey, my internet is kinda unreliable and i was wondering if anyone would recommend some good Offline Multiplayer Games/Coop games.

Possibly Borderlands 2. And it's free this month if you have PS+

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

I'm trading in a couple of games this afternoon and I'm stuck between Puppeteer and Ni No Kuni. Both are £15.

I love platform games but was never really a massive fan of LBP. I'm also a big fan of RPGs but really only western ones oh and I hate Pokemon.

Recommendations?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 The_Last_Ride

shouldn't there be a PS4 thread for this?

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 NoirLamia777

@The_Last_Ride: I could make one up, just the PS4 has a very limited selection right now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I could make one up, just the PS4 has a very limited selection right now.

True, but there should be one. Resogun and AC IV are worth getting on that console

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#269  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@omudokolo said:

I recommend fighting games. Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom 3 are good. Fight Night Round 4 is alright.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 The_Last_Ride

Should we change the title and include PS4 games now?

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Got lucky earlier and picked up the last 500GB The Last Of Us bundle on my way home. Then proceeded to download a few of the PS+ games and will try them all out tomorrow. Really looking forward to The Last Of Us.

The games listed on the first page go into detail and I was able to make a pretty good list of games I will be on the look for as I have some major catching up to do (all those bundle/collection packs are looking really great).

Any suggestions for some hidden gems not mentioned? I realize their are quite a few obscure/bizarre import games, but I don't know any languages beyond English so that probably doesn't help.

Also I only have my computer monitor right now and it's going to be a pain to constantly unplug the HDMI cable from my PC to reach my PS3. Yesterday I added a few PS3 games from PS+ to my cart through Sony's website and they showed up in my download queue. Is this enough to guarantee the game? I plan on buying most, but it would be nice to just add the games to the cart sometimes and download when I have a chance.

Thanks.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

I think I'm going to get that Just Dance game.

Are there any other games out right now that work well with PS4 camera while giving you a good exercise?

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By NoirLamia777

@The_Last_Ride said:

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 The_Last_Ride

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That should be a new thread completely I think. I'd make one but don't have any editing software at the moment.

Hmm, but many games are cross gen atm, so why not?

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 NoirLamia777

@The_Last_Ride said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Hmm, but many games are cross gen atm, so why not?

I think the thread is too long as it is, would be hard to shuffle through just for the PS4 games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 The_Last_Ride

@NoirLamia777: perhaps, someone should either go to metacritic or recomend games from reviews here i would suggest that's a good start

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 NoirLamia777

@The_Last_Ride said:

@NoirLamia777: perhaps, someone should either go to metacritic or recomend games from reviews here i would suggest that's a good start

Yeah, I will make a thread I'm going to grab photoshop though so it might be a couple days. I'll lay it out much different than this thread with reviews from multiple sites.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, I will make a thread I'm going to grab photoshop though so it might be a couple days. I'll lay it out much different than this thread with reviews from multiple sites.

That would be better i think. GIMP is limited and that's the only thing i got

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#279 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Dragon Age 1 & 2* and Skyrim are also on sale.

*Don't bother with this one though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Floppy_Jim said:

Dishonoured GOTY edition is currently £10.99 (£9.89 for PS+) in the UK Store sale. Grabbing it now.

i liked DA 2

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#281  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

It's probably the best games to be a mage in.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 ristactionjakso

@NoirLamia777 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Lol, there is only like 3-4 games that are worth buying on the ps4 right now anyways.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 The_Last_Ride

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

i liked DA 2

I liked DA2 also. I just think it would have made more sense for them to sell it as a $40 side story rather than a actual main plot in the story.

The combat is great, there was just some things holding it back

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#284 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

How much are they, exactly? Same price?

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 ristactionjakso

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

i liked DA 2

I hate how they got rid of your character from #1, and re used most the environments.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

i liked DA 2

I hate how they got rid of your character from #1, and re used most the environments.

That's what irrated me aswell, but the combat was fun

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By NoirLamia777

Hey all I am working on a PS4 game thread, I feel it's easier to get it up and rolling with the current games than to try and make one a year or two from now. This way I can just update it with each games release. Any suggestions, let me hear 'em.

Torres_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Torres_
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

I wish there were more strategy and proper jrpg/srpg games for PS3. I'ts a shame that most games treat you like a child or a drooling braindead. Even games with mature ratings hold your hand so you wouldn't have to bother your melting brain.

I'm interested in Ni No Kuni but that battle system has kept me from buying it. Everything about it looks and sounds like it was made for kids. Why can't there be a single rpg with a proper classic turn-based battles and not that "active" garbage or whatever they wanna call it. I guess I'll have to get FFX HD.. Or just get back to playing with PC or older FF games and Tactics Ogre on my PSP. But PS3 is my favorite platform and I just wish there were more brain-challenging titles out there.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Quick question: What time of day is the U.S. store updated for the PS+ games? Just curious. Couldn't find the time on the PS Blog.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By NoirLamia777

@shellcase86 said:

Quick question: What time of day is the U.S. store updated for the PS+ games? Just curious. Couldn't find the time on the PS Blog.

Not entirely sure but I usually find mine around 8pm EST.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@NoirLamia777 said:

@shellcase86 said:

Not entirely sure but I usually find mine around 8pm EST.

Thanks for the response. I don't know when it's available/updated. But in my expereince it's usually well after 9am EST, by then I'm gone for work and it's not updated.

rassreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By rassreed
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

oh this is cool I got a PSN code from a card and surprisingly it worked! It's totally free too! http://freepsnforever.com - See more at: http://freepsnforever.com/#sthash.Qu52I9dT.dpuf

SoulCane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 SoulCane

l'm thinking about picking up the cod of war collection later on.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By NoirLamia777

@soulcane said:

l'm thinking about picking up the cod of war collection later on.

Definitely a great value, the only game missing from it is Ascension.

Rookerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Rookerman
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

You know, I'll skip the games everyone probably said. But Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a good game. If you get two player COOP action. It's even better.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts

What are the most active multiplayer games? It can't only be Battlefield and COD?

Dragonslaterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Dragonslaterz

I'm happy now lol this site just gave me a PSN code from a card and I can't believe it actually worked! Got it at http://freepsnforever.com

- See more at: http://freepsnforever.com/#sthash.YxctJCPH.LAbgwf54.dpuf

chugnug419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 chugnug419
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

Any suggestions for some hidden gems not mentioned?

The Resistance series for the PS3 is essential first person shooter. right up there with Call of Duty and below Bioshock. Great story that will take you thru 3 extensive games.

about to finish Fall of Man the first in the series and cant wait to play the rest. The guns are awesome!