Dems, who is your go to candidate for 2020?

• 70 results
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: By all means, please tell me that the Republicans have been interested in bipartisanship all along. I could use a laugh.

What does that have to do with what you believe in? Also, there are plenty of bi-partisan bills being done every year, maybe not major ones but that is the way in a democracy.

But I get your eye for an eye approach and as I said, you should check up on fascism because that thinking is highly regarded there.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@jeezers: Are you arguing that Trump was the wake up call for the right to pursue bipartisanship?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sanders. Four decades of neoliberal ratchet effect combined with the damage caused by reagonomics puts us in a vulnerable place in terms of our world position and societal decay. We need earnest development at this point or we will be forced into a situation where we lose out to a resurgent first world in the wake of a Keynesian adjustment after the Obama/Trump economy.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

@jeezers: Are you arguing that Trump was the wake up call for the right to pursue bipartisanship?

Not sure why you are trying to push this away from your side.

You are the one arguing against democracy, not me.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: Because the GOP has famously rejected bipartisanship. Hell, democracy too. "Your side" continues to demand that the Democrats pretend you're acting in good faith while you continually yank the football away when they do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@ad1x2: I can't believe you're still advocating Dems reach across the aisle. We both know the Republicans have no interest in bipartisanship.

Right. It's been tried. They won't.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

I was being more humorous than antagonistic.

And it was also pretty good :)

But Hoop is correct though, even though this was a humorous thread, it´s a free world so people can do what they want and express who they truly support, even though some may have responded in a humorous way as well.

I mean who else would legitimately support Warren or Yang.

Smarter people than Trump supporters?

lol ok

Trump's 2016 base was the lowest educated in a very long time, I mean lower than back when people didn't go to college as much.

And it may have gotten even worse.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: Because the GOP has famously rejected bipartisanship. Hell, democracy too. "Your side" continues to demand that the Democrats pretend you're acting in good faith while you continually yank the football away when they do.

It's the perpetual lie that republicans clamor on about since 2008. Mitch McConnell killed bi-partisan ship a while ago. Democrats would be fools to believe that the GOP has any good faith left.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#59 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 496 Posts

Andrew Yang - UBI is a great idea and something we, as a country, could easily afford to do. He's very transparent on what he believes in and what he would like to do as president, He does offer 100+ policies on his website and that's far, far, far more than most candidates. He also has a rare appeal of being able to unite people across the political spectrum.

And keep in mind that despite being one of the least news mentioned candidate, He is 4k donors away from the 130k donor requirement for the next DNC debate. He's also a top 8 polling candidate. Not too bad considering how many think of him as nothing more than a long shot.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

And again you seem to try and push it away from your side. You are the one actively advocating against democracy.

Do I like or want Republicans not to work with the other half, of course not and especially not considering in a democracy you don´t just do majority rules.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: Hoola covered my response well.

Don't pretend like you haven't been cheering on the scorched Earth practices. Everyone here knows better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I don't think a woman can beat trump.

I think Joe Biden is the right safe choice, cause a man.

Not saying this is my opinion, but seems to be fact.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts
@redviperofdorne said:

Andrew Yang - UBI is a great idea and something we, as a country, could easily afford to do. He's very transparent on what he believes in and what he would like to do as president, He does offer 100+ policies on his website and that's far, far, far more than most candidates. He also has a rare appeal of being able to unite people across the political spectrum.

And keep in mind that despite being one of the least news mentioned candidate, He is 4k donors away from the 130k donor requirement for the next DNC debate. He's also a top 8 polling candidate. Not too bad considering how many think of him as nothing more than a long shot.

Him and Gabbard are going to get Ron Paul'd. Even if they make the debates, the media moderators won't let them talk. UBI and anti war stances are not popular with Dem establishment.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

‘Elizabeth Warren - Proud native american heritage’

This is a comedy thread, right?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mattbbpl

@Sevenizz said:

‘Elizabeth Warren - Proud native american heritage’

This is a comedy thread, right?

^^^

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

LOL love this thread because no one seemed to get that Sonic was being highly sarcastic, especially with the "proud native American heritage" which should have been a dead giveaway.

Most people understand he was being sarcastic in his description. A child could tell. Does that mean people can't simply express who they like in addition?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@mattbbpl: I thought it was serious because the Democrats and their supporters seem to be playing identity politics heavily over policy or much else.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: yeah thats what I'm thinking, the Ron Paul treatment, they just arent with the in crowd with the DNC

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jacanuk
@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: Hoola covered my response well.

Don't pretend like you haven't been cheering on the scorched Earth practices. Everyone here knows better.

I do not nor will I ever cheer on anything other than democracy which means working across party lines.

Again as I have said and also shown in the test someone posted a while back, I do not lean heavily conservative nor do I lean heavily left. I vote for the politics that is best for my family and the country.

But I get it you don´t like democracy because your way is the best right? your ideas are so good that anyone not agreeing should just be thrown into special camps right?

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#69 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 496 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: Oh I know. MSNBC, which Yang has been on many times, purposefully excludes him from photos of candidates. Even going as far as to include candidates who aren't even qualified for the debates rather than including him. It's sicking. And despite being the 21st (out of 24) mentioned candidates in news coverage, He's a top 8 polling candidates. So his message obviously resonates with people.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@redviperofdorne said:

Him and Gabbard are going to get Ron Paul'd. Even if they make the debates, the media moderators won't let them talk. UBI and anti war stances are not popular with Dem establishment.

Well they should be... I think regardless of who wins 2020, there is going to be an important growing up phase for the dem's.