If you fight for the rights of fetuses...

• 55 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@jeezers said:

@zaryia: im so glad they approved the requested funing PROPOSED BY THE WHITE HOUSE.

So I'm confused. What is your complaint or excuse now?

The Dems agreed to give $4.5billion to fix Trump's disaster. I never said Trump didn't ask for it. I'm glad he's finally being responsible for his actions. I'm equally glad the Dem House acted so quickly to fix Trump's disaster (they did all they can on their end, now watch the GOP halt it). I wish the GOP house did something, or I wish the Trump admin didn't create this mess at all.

P.S.

But the bill faces a tough path through the Republican-controlled Senate.

It is considering a rival bill with fewer restrictions on how border agencies can spend the money.

The Democrats' version, in contrast, contains several strict rules setting out that the funds can be used for humanitarian aid only, and "not for immigration raids, not detention beds, not a border wall", a statement from House appropriations committee chair Nita Lowey said.

The bill was toughened up after some Democrats expressed concern over providing extra funds for agencies involved in the current situation, including those enforcing President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy which had last year led to migrant children being separated from their parents.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@sonicare said:

A bigger hypocrisy is how you can be against abortion because of religious reasons about the sanctity of life, but pro-death penalty. Being against immigrant children is an entirely different issue. You're not executing those children so I don't see how they are the least bit equivalent.

Abortion doesn't execute anyone. Not one person dies during an abortion, but neglecting sick children to death, literally, who you put in cages certainly is executing them. Not very "pro-life", I must say.

Equating a non-viable fetus to a child is probably the dumbest false equivalency.

You missed the point of me comparing the hypocrisy of pro-life and pro-death penalty. In regards to abortion, I'm for it staying legal. I value the aspect of individual rights and that it should not be something the government should decide. As for abortion and human life, that's an unanswerable philosophical question. I have no idea when human life truly begins. Some people state conception, some people after the first trimester, some after the second, some not until the child is born. I can't answer that and probably no one can give an accepted and unequivocal standard. You may pick a definition that is convenient towards your stance, but so do others. I can understand how a pro-life person may consider a fetus a human life. To them, it is killing a life. They're aren't right or wrong to say that.

But I dont think that abortion and border control have the least bit of equivalency. They are completely different issues and should be treated as such. I hate these false equivlancies that people use to bash or justify behavior. One bad action does not somehow justify or excuse another. Each should be judged on its own merits. Yes, putting children in cages is morally abhorrent, but that doesn't mean another action is either better or worse because of that.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The question is, will Pelosi and the Democratic controlled House allow a vote on the bi-partisan Senate bill (passed 84-8) to come to the floor.

I get it, I don't begrudge Pelosi not wanting to bring the bill to the floor, I don't mind when House bills go to die in the Senate and I'm consistent. She's in a bind. Lets see how Republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Glad Trump stepped in and fixed the mess Obama made.