BOOMER ARTICLE #1: Grown Men Shouldn't Waste Their Lives Playing Video Games (oof)

• 87 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39389 Posts
@onesiphorus said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Ladies, never go Karen/sjw/pc if you wanna get laid or have a relationship

What in the world is a "Karen"?

Seriously? Are you from Mars?

Loading Video...
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

@hardwenzen: Touche, that was just what Google officially displays.

But yes, there needs to be wider study on this on a mass scale. I'm sure the big three already have data on much of this stuff, considering going on their sites you may be periodically asked to take surveys, I just don't know if these are publicly available.

I would like to also see the ratio between casual and core gamer's.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59177 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 hardwenzen  Online

And now i can't stop watching Karen montages🤦‍♂️

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

@onesiphorus: It's undoubtedly more reasonable than 99% of the BS in this forum.

Lmao! I literally just saw some pro fat girl Gap commercial as I was typing this. Jesus has left us

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Playing games every now and then is fine as a grown man but it shouldn’t be at the expense of your family and health.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

So basically middle age women sad that men rather play video games than time with them being annoyed and constantly shit on haha. Story of every man's life.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#58 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19634 Posts

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

Since we come from different parts of the world and not everyone in System Wars is a teenager or young adult (I am 46 years old which is considered "middle age"), I doubt most will be familiar with the latest slang.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@onesiphorus said:
@Jag85 said:

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

Since we come from different parts of the world and not everyone in System Wars is a teenager or young adult (I am 46 years old which is considered "middle age"), I doubt most will be familiar with the latest slang.

Karen is not a soccer mom lol. A soccer mom has a Switch, and plays Animal Crossing with her kid(s) while also never having even heard of the likes of Star Field, Stalker 2, etc, and there's nothing wrong with that. A Karen is a mentally ill person. Usually a female, but not exclusive to one.

If we were in the 90's, they'd get slapped the fk up (especially if its a dude Karen), but because the world is soft in 2021, and its only getting softer, they can unleash their illness without consequences.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#61  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@onesiphorus said:
@Jag85 said:

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

Karen is not a soccer mom lol. A soccer mom has a Switch, and plays Animal Crossing with her kid(s) while also never having even heard of the likes of Star Field, Stalker 2, etc, and there's nothing wrong with that. A Karen is a mentally ill person. Usually a female, but not exclusive to one.

If we were in the 90's, they'd get slapped the fk up (especially if its a dude Karen), but because the world is soft in 2021, and its only getting softer, they can unleash their illness without consequences.

^This 100%

----------

@mrbojangles25 That's an interesting take on that. I've never really thought about it that way.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Ladies, never go Karen/sjw/pc if you wanna get laid or have a relationship

What in the world is a "Karen"?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jaydan

@onesiphorus said:
@Jag85 said:

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@onesiphorus:

Karen = soccer mom

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

At least i get 20% off on everything, kid.

Still not up there with Pedro yet, he gets the big discounts. 🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Hope she never finds out about system wars, that would be embarrassing. Imagine her first contact with Nathan or Protos.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Hope she never finds out about system wars, that would be embarrassing. Imagine her first contact with Nathan or Protos.

She's probably the only kind of woman a soy milk drinker like you could pull.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@NathanDrakeSwag: Your mother what?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

There is another article complaining that Gen Z is not spending enough money on rent ... man that site is weird.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

I watched about a 1/3 of the video which was enough. The article is dumb and the person is clearly uneducated on video games. It was like they had to come up with something to write about, had writers block, and just pumped out garbage to fill their quota.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

lol, okay lady.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Media more and more is about engagement, not actually relevant stuff. People keep taking the bait and things will keep escalating because that's what moves traffic. In all honesty, it's not media that needs better professionals, it's consumers that must stop having emotional responses to everything.

It's not even just media, it's everything. Look at this forums, a place to discuss the video game hobby and 90% of the content is people talking shit. We deserve what we have because it's our choice.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

There is another article complaining that Gen Z is not spending enough money on rent ... man that site is weird.

"Gen Z"? Who makes up these silly generation labels? The same goes with "Gen X" and "Gen Y," even though people from the latter generation are often referred to as "millenials."

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jaydan
@onesiphorus said:
@madsnakehhh said:

"Gen Z"? Who makes up these silly generation labels? The same goes with "Gen X" and "Gen Y," even though people from the latter generation are often referred to as "millenials."

The fatal flaw of Baby Boomers and some Gen-X'ers is you guys forget you're living in the 21st-century and not the 1970's anymore.

Instead of acting clueless, get with the times. I hear people older than you throwing "Karen" around these days. They got with the times, and so should you. You'll fare a lot better doing that than establishing some superiority complex to younger generations.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@jaydan said:
@onesiphorus said:

The fatal flaw of Baby Boomers and some Gen-X'ers is you guys forget you're living in the 21st-century and not the 1970's anymore.

Instead of acting clueless, get with the times. I hear people older than you throwing "Karen" around these days. They got with the times, and so should you. You'll fare a lot better doing that than establishing some superiority complex to younger generations.

Most millennials still live with their parents. Once y'all move out, you can consider yourselves the future. Until then, sit down, eat your vegetables, and think about getting a girlfriend.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen  Online

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@jaydan said:
@onesiphorus said:

Most millennials still live with their parents. Once y'all move out, you can consider yourselves the future. Until then, sit down, eat your vegetables, and think about getting a girlfriend.

CONTENT!

I wonder what jaydan thinks of that.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jaydan

@vl4d_l3nin: Lol okay Boomer.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

Idgaf what she thinks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

This site needs a boomers vs mils vs zoomers section of the forums. I bet you it'd be more entertaining than even SW.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 madsnakehhh

@jaydan said:
@onesiphorus said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Defensive much ? and i'm not a Boomer, i'm a Millenial... i was just pointing out how clueless their articles sound , you should really try to relax, not everyone is outhere trying to get you guys.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jaydan

@madsnakehhh: I was not even talking to you. Defensive over what? This thread has BOOMER literally in the title. Lol

If you want something defensive: kindly read the responses to my post. Double-lol

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 madsnakehhh
@jaydan said:

@madsnakehhh: I was not talking to you.

Fair enough ... still, chill mate.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jaydan
@madsnakehhh said:
@jaydan said:

@madsnakehhh: I was not talking to you.

Fair enough ... still, chill mate.

I am chill, though.

You responded to my post quicker than I edited, so I'll repeat: if you want to read defensive posts, kindly read the responses to my post. ;)

I actually have harsher criticisms for Millennial's, but no one bothered to ask me before deciding to walk my plank.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

If you are a total psychobitch and want to show it to the world in the form of an article, go ahead by all means. Showing that you're insane makes it easier for sane people to avoid you. Hopefully, this woman will be famous for, and marked as, an idiot. Her having more problems getting writing jobs henceforth would be a great as well.

That's about as far as I care about this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Litchie: Her editors will look at her numbers and think "we need more content like this".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

That's about all I got on this. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

You have to be super rich to be able to buy consoles (700 euro) PC hardware (3000 euro) or video games (80 euro) so yeah if anyone should be playing video games, it's the grown men.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts
@Litchie said:

If you are a total psychobitch and want to show it to the world in the form of an article, go ahead by all means. Showing that you're insane makes it easier for sane people to avoid you. Hopefully, this woman will be famous for, and marked as, an idiot. Her having more problems getting writing jobs henceforth would be a great as well.

That's about as far as I care about this.

She'll probably get offered a job writing plot and characters for video games, like the rest of them.