Deathloop is a game changer. Prophecy fullfilled.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

@SOedipus said:
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

its the same guy that bashes one of the GOAT games, re4.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#153 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

I didn't expect these scores. I love Arkane, and will definitely try Deathloop. I bet MS wishes they bought Bethesda before this timed-exclusive deal was in place. MS could use a good 1st party game like this.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Lol I love how the GS review says nothing about the garbage AI and they actually praise the crappy graphics XD

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@gym_lion: lmao, You guys are the kings of spin. This game can only be played on PS5 for the foreseeable future and you try to spin it as a positive for Xbox. Such a delusional bunch you are. Another awesome game you can't play on Xbox now.

How is it spin? Arkane is a MS studio, this proves they're top tier studio, and the last thing PS gamers will get of them is one game sampling that greatness. All of their future games are Xbox console exclusives.

Sometimes you need to enjoy the long game. PS gamers get yet another pathetic timed exclusive deal, and Xbox gamers will eventually get this game, but also get all of Arkane's future work.

It means Redfall is gonna be a great game too. So add that to next years Xbox line up.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 HalcyonScarlet

@iambatman7986 said:

I didn't expect these scores. I love Arkane, and will definitely try Deathloop. I bet MS wishes they bought Bethesda before this timed-exclusive deal was in place. MS could use a good 1st party game like this.

It is a MS 1st party game. Just not exclusive. But now imagine how awesome Redfall will be next year.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 HalcyonScarlet

PS fans think this is spin. So let me explain what this is about:

With a little patience, the long game is worth the wait and having a 10/10 top tier studio, that's what it's about. A 1 year timed exclusive deal isn't going to hurt anyone, we all have a ton of games to play in the mean time.

You have your timed exclusive, Arkane is now Xbox only.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#159 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Lol I love how the GS review says nothing about the garbage AI and they actually praise the crappy graphics XD

LOL another damage control. I told you.

lets get hype for genericfield 2042.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59165 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SOedipus said:
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

Ghost is right on that as well. Shoot head/Kick/slash, exploit dumb AI with doors, ladders, do the same shit in the loop over an over.

Once know this stuff, which is figured out easily in the opening village, don't even really need to try regardless of difficult. All the attempts at resource management become moot.

Only real challenge is shitty QTE and a shitty wave-race section that comes out of nowhere.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SOedipus said:
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

Ghost is right on that as well. Shoot head/Kick/slash, exploit dumb AI with doors, ladders, do the same shit in the loop over an over.

Once know this stuff, which is figured out easily in the opening village, don't even really need to try regardless of difficult. All the attempts at resource management become moot.

Only real challenge is shitty QTE and a shitty wave-race section that comes out of nowhere.

When journalist rate 10/10. they usually do with most popular IPs or exclusive ones.

in this case its the first game that get 10 that made by developers who have less budget than average AAA developers infact Arkane are not even AAA instead AA developers yet this game get 10 a first time in history non AAA FPS game get 10.

and this is where damage control started. not even Halos getting 10 as of decades.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SOedipus said:
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

That's basically describing Deathloop.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Who's damage controlling? The AI looks like complete shit. If you have the game can you explain to me what makes how he's wrong? ACG said the same thing in his review, the challenge is cakewalk. Boring game with neat visuals here and there.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#164 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Cool stuff.

I don't get the praise for the art style, though. Looks like a 2014 game with fancy bloom and shader effects.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Ghosts4ever

@poe13 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Who's damage controlling? The AI looks like complete shit. If you have the game can you explain to me what makes how he's wrong? ACG said the same thing in his review, the challenge is cakewalk. Boring game with neat visuals here and there.

Reviwers praise its Level design and its uniqness. thats what I have seen in this game. and I dont call a game where you die and restart from beginning is cake walk. first few hours are tutorial. its a long game. and has tons of freedom and multiple way to complete mission.

Its mid tier AA game got 10 get triggered. if it was AAAAE sony game and play itself everyone is praising it!!.

hows good AI in GTA 5? in RDR2?? RDR2 I beat it have one of the dumbest AI as enemies donot even move yet no one criticize it because OMG animations OMG graphics.

how good AI is in sony movie games? they literally play itself.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 poe13

@ghosts4ever: But that's the thing, ACG said in his review that the only time you might die in this game is if you "push too hard", which I take to mean that you rush through the level and have tons of enemies following you without ever engaging them yet. Enemies are extremely stupid in this game, having terrible peripheral of seeing you, you can set off an explosion at times and they won't be alerted. You can kill a friend next to one of the enemies and they won't be alerted. It all screams of TOO EASY.

And yes, Rockstar games are easy as well. I didn't mention those though. But if you want to go there, there is way more meat to chew on in RDR2 and GTA5 than easy Deathloop with 8 targets and four maps...even with the changing in environments.

This just all looks too pretentious and easy to warrant a full price purchase. Deep deep sale, if that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever said:

When journalist rate 10/10. they usually do with most popular IPs or exclusive ones.

in this case its the first game that get 10 that made by developers who have less budget than average AAA developers infact Arkane are not even AAA instead AA developers yet this game get 10 a first time in history non AAA FPS game get 10.

and this is where damage control started. not even Halos getting 10 as of decades.

Compared to the older days a lot of gamers tend to have more cynicism when it comes to game media reviews.

A lot of that, regardless if they like to admit it or not, is kind of their own doing. We've all seen the Cuphead video, the Spongbob puzzle a toddler could solve. The pseudo-intellectual shit nobody cares about. The bad takes.

Tamoor Hussain do tend to largely agree with. His Prey review was spot on.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

The trolling was expected, but not the influence that journos apparently still hold on the gullible.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

this is interesting if true, from arkane's discord. deathloop has an adaptive difficulty system but no difficulty settings. implies the ai starts out forgiving and scales up to the standard of the player

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathloop/comments/pb6ksd/worried_about_aigeneral_polish_of_game/

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

Wow that’s a pleasant surprise, was hyped for it, but didn’t expect it to be this good! Goty confirmed!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@Macutchi said:

this is interesting if true, from arkane's discord. deathloop has an adaptive difficulty system but no difficulty settings. implies the ai starts out forgiving and scales up to the standard of the player

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathloop/comments/pb6ksd/worried_about_aigeneral_polish_of_game/

and then people judge game based on never played or just played the tutorial. I bet many haters wont even play this game more than passing tutorial then make judgement or even tried playing it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Have never been impressed by an Arkane game, and I doubt this will change that. Still looks meh. I'll wait for a big sale.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 poe13

Adaptive difficulty sounds like they are just bullshitting to be honest, and I read through that little post there. Like I said before, ACG had no problems with the game and was disappointed with how braindead the AI was. Maybe he needed to replay the game over and over for the adaptive difficulty to set in and then the AI could 360 no scope him from across the map? Lol, kidding of course.

However, the PVP system is intriguing. It looks like one of the only saving graces of the game. Sadly, that's not enough for me to want to pay full price.

@Macutchi said:

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 poe13

@ghosts4ever: How many times do you have to buy a new video game before you can look at footage of an entirely new video game and compare it to the ones that came before?

Sure, all of us haters could truly be wrong. The game could honestly have a challenge to it and the AI could actually learn and adapt to your playstyle and maybe even make this game hard.

But when the footage and reviewers are showing and mentioning the same thing...it's hard for me to go "ah they're just wrong. I'll go buy the game myself and find out"

**** that. I can see for myself how much enjoyment this will be without having to blow some money.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@Macutchi said:

That's fukn lame, but may explain the poor ai. Maybe the people complaining just suck at the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I don't know much about this game, but dumb AI is part of the fun in immersive Sims. Although I don't know exactly how bad we're taking about.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Lol and 2042 will still outsell Deathloser and do better XD

Oh and by your crappy logic that means TLOU2 > any game you like

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 poe13
Loading Video...

@ghost_of_phobos: Check out what he says from like 14:00 on. If that doesn't bother you then go nuts, I guess. But it looks like the same old boring easy style of gameplay I've played many times before in these kinds of games.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Macutchi

@poe13 said:

Adaptive difficulty sounds like they are just bullshitting to be honest

i don't see why they would. whether it works effectively in the way intended probably the more contentious issue. i'll find out when i play it

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By poe13

@Macutchi: It working as effectively as they intended is what I meant. I think developers truly believe in what they say, but then I also think that those same developers haven't really played games that do what they say much more effectively than these guys are claiming.

I mean, they aren't going to say to this guy in the post that asked about difficulty "Yes, there is only one difficulty and you shouldn't have too much trouble" because they want to sell the game and look good of course.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Macutchi

@poe13: it's an odd one though when you think dishonored 2 gave you complete granular control over just about every aspect of the difficulty and yet in deathloop they've gone the polar opposite and given you no control whatsoever, and then set the difficulty in a way that leaves them exposed to this kind of criticism. something feels amiss

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By poe13

@Macutchi: Adding to that, it also seems weird that the dumb AI was not brought up in Tamoor's review here on Gamespot and there are no negatives at all. I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to really have nothing as a weakness also smells pretty fishy to me.

Or he really just sucks at video games and this one fit his playstyle.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SOedipus said:
praise be to ghosts!
praise be to ghosts!

yeah you're both completely wrong. You can literally say that stuff about any game ever made in history

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#184 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts

Congrats Ghost! You win System Wars today 🥳!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22823 Posts

How amazingly fun would it be is Playstation gets a game of the year for a game made by a Microsoft studio?

Can't make this stuff up!

You can bet the next dethloop will find a home at Xbox on day 1 that's for sure. Lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 uninspiredcup  Online
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You can literally say that stuff about any game ever made in history

Sadly, i'm saying it about this game, where it's prevalent in almost every design facet that involved combat and transparent in execution.

It's a game that should be respected like OOT, but like that game, shows it's creaks while apologists pretend it's omnipotent.

They could be playing MDK.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

and then people judge game based on never played or just played the tutorial. I bet many haters wont even play this game more than passing tutorial then make judgement or even tried playing it.

...You literally have been judging this game for months.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

Arkane always puts out fire, I'll have to snag a copy off of ebay.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: That's all Lems have, the "promise" of a future. Good for Lems having a good studio but their fruits are only playable on PS5 atm. By the time this comes to Xbox, it'll be old news and won't move the needle as it'll be on Gamepass. Will be a console seller for PS5 when it matters most. If this game has a sequel not on Sony systems, no guarantee it'll be as good as this one. BTW, Let's not act like MS isn't playing catch up to Sony right now. Playstation has a track record for a reason.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: That's all Lems have, the "promise" of a future. Good for Lems having a good studio but their fruits are only playable on PS5 atm. By the time this comes to Xbox, it'll be old news and won't move the needle as it'll be on Gamepass. Will be a console seller for PS5 when it matters most. If this game has a sequel not on Sony systems, no guarantee it'll be as good as this one. BTW, Let's not act like MS isn't playing catch up to Sony right now. Playstation has a track record for a reason.

Live look at Sagemode87
Live look at Sagemode87

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#191 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Cool. I may check this out.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#192 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Yeah, I'm not seeing it.

Looks like a 6 or 7, but perhaps one day it'll click with me.. who knows.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#193 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

@regnaston said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't expect more than 10 people on SW to buy it. I wonder how does this make ghost feel right now.

it will sell because there is nothing else exclusive coming to Playstation 5 in the next 6 months

Its an Arkane game, it won't sell even if it was the only game available on the ps5 lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Congrats Ghost! You win System Wars today 🥳!

He finally gets to know how I feel every day at SW for the last 2 gens.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

That is... Surprising. Not dropping $80 on it, so i'll try it when it's on a decent sale.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I don't trust any review that doesn't list a single con. Every game has at least one con. Just from watching gameplay I can tell the graphics are bad and the AI is braindead. That's two big cons right there. I'm not sure what the media bias is for this game, but this ordinary ass game getting 10s is a farce.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#197 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70015 Posts

The folks who live by reviews are now backpedaling. 😂 "I don't trust reviews"

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Since future Arkane games won't be on PS you can expect they'll never get a GS score above 6/10 from now on. lol :P

Lol, you have to wonder sometimes. If this was an Xbox exclusive... hmmmm.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#199 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70015 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Since future Arkane games won't be on PS you can expect they'll never get a GS score above 6/10 from now on. lol :P

Don't worry. When it is released on the Series X, they will just downgrade the score. 😂

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Then lemmings would finally have something to play. Instead y'all are bragging about games that you don't even have access to.