Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@tormentos said:
@thatdbfan said:

While rumors make things highly likely, we never actually know until one party confirms it. People thought the Xbox Scarlett would be more powerful than the PS5, others thought the PS5 would be more powerful than the Scarlett, both of which were obviously wrong.

Also, I find it funny that MS unveils that the Xbox Scarlett will likely be equal to the PS5 in terms of power, and almost immediately after, Sony fans start posting "rumors" about the PS5 being more powerful than the Xbox Scarlett. To be fair though, something similar happened once the PS5's power was announced, as said above. But it's funny how quickly it happened this time around.

Yes that is what lemmings use to say in 2012.

It was actually MS it self who bring that notion,when they claimed scarlet would be the strongest console THEY ever built,and not the stronges console ever build.

Sites notice that fast,and then a writer for game informer stated that developers told him the PS5 was stronger.

It wasn't cows and rumors are always posted here if they come up.

Dude you are still Salty about the X aren't you? ?

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@Livecommander: X1X released 57 percent through the gen cycle, not 75 percent. Just saying..

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#54  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

Same old story...

It's funny watching the battle for second place. LOL

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BassMan said:

Same old story...

PC has a higher TDP and cost structure limits.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
@BassMan said:

Same old story...

Except Lems are in this weird little chasm where they aren't exactly competing with PC. anymore. I'm going to enjoy all my PC xbox games

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ronvalencia

@acepilot: Microsoft's hardware accelerate ray-tracing confirmation shows Scarlet's GPU in next year's second generation NAVI.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

So, basically:

PS5 > Scarlet already?

Don't say this, you'll makes me lems hurt themselves. Power is the only thing they have to look forward to lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ronvalencia

@acepilot said:

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/status/1137833936682274816

MS forsaking lems hard.

Sony has to confirm hardware accelerated ray-tracing for PS5.

NAVI design comes with two generations.

NVIDIA RTX (hardware accelerated ray-tracing) and Microsoft DXR is based on bounding volume hierarchy (BVH) search tree raytracing.

Crytek has SVOGI (Sparse voxel octree global illumination) based ray-tracing.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Here is food for thought. No body fucking knows anything until Sony and Microsoft release the numbers. In the end games is what makes a system and whichever is more powerful will become my multiplat box while the other becomes the exclusive box. I did it this time around. I had an ps4 and xbox, moved to ps4 pro, then to the X. The most powerful box at the time got my multiplats.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

At least we now know that people who were both bragging 12+ TF are stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Navi is a bust so far. Next gen consoles am cry

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#63 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

When has power mattered significantly before?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

PS4 has already proven that games sell, not hardware stats.

I mean do you know anyone who can tell you the hardware stats of PS4 and Xbone? Exactly! If hardware mattered, players would know the CPU type and speed of their consoles. But nobody knows these, so obviously nobody really cares about hardware power when it comes to consoles. Fact.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@BassMan said:

Same old story...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ronvalencia

@goldenelementxl said:

NAVI is a good foundation to scale towards 44 to 64 CU

RX 5700's 40 CU, 64 ROPS and 256 bit bus could scale 60 CU with 96 ROPS and 384bit bus.

RX 5800 model is intentionally reserve as higher NAVI SKU.

AMD finally mastered 64 ROPS with 256 bit bus design like GTX 1080.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ronvalencia

@henrythefifth said:

PS4 has already proven that games sell, not hardware stats.

I mean do you know anyone who can tell you the hardware stats of PS4 and Xbone? Exactly! If hardware mattered, players would know the CPU type and speed of their consoles. But nobody knows these, so obviously nobody really cares about hardware power when it comes to consoles. Fact.

Until X1X, PS4/PS4 Pro has hardware specification superiority over XBO/XBO S.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Power matters again.........???

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@acepilot: Microsoft's hardware accelerate ray-tracing confirmation shows Scarlet's GPU in next year's second generation NAVI.

Hahahahahaa....

So here we go again.. Time to bookmark.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@tormentos: No you just showed your incredible ignorance. Cows cared about power since gen 8 started and if we're being honest, since gen 7 when the Cell processor was revealed. Cared about power until you either didn't have the most powerful console or that power didn't translate into better looking or performing games ala PS3. Cows stopped caring because they had nothing as far as power was concerned.

In comes lems making fun of cows for bragging about power. In other words, since you have such a hard time understanding what you read, using your own arguments against you. Does that mean lems care about power like cows? While some do, the ones using it against cows generally don't Exactly the way I've been using it against you clowns.

You see el tormented, I don't care about power but I love to use it against you because it was all you cared about. With that being said if I have a chance to get a console game, I'm going to get it for the most powerful console whether it's the PS4 vs X1 at the time or now the X1X vs the PS4 Pro.

Nice job showing how incredibly ignorant you are and how much your reading comprehension really fails you.

For 2 generations in a row lemming bragged about superior version even YOU did it,so again you look mighty stupid trying to change history now.

You people got what you deserve.

For the OG Xbox for sure but what else did the OG Xbox have. It was a different story for the PS3. It was cows claiming power and you were right in the front leading the cheer with the Cell processor. Lems were reactionary with sales AND power all spurned by cows making those claims prior to the release. What's the power didn't translate and the sales were sub par did lems say anything. Cows brought that wrath on themselves but by all means try and change the narrative.

You people? You mean gamers because unlike you, we actually game on multiple systems.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

So PS5 will be the better multiplat system AND have actual exclusives? And be running on MS "superior" network? Xbox fans better hope Sony opens up crossplat play next gen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Did MS say exactly the hardware they are using other than saying they'll use a SSD and what kind of RAM they're using, I feel since Sony isn't saying what PS5 will be that they've bought time to adjust hardware specs to have a more powerful machine, I think MS isn't being specific either in hopes to have wiggle room on their end. But MS did put a release date out there meaning if Sony waits later to release theirs then they can leapfrog it on power. I think both are committed to having a more powerful machine but neither knows what the other is bringing.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

It's always about the games. That's why PS4 buried the X one this gen

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

I can’t wait to see how proper developers (sony’s In house) makes use of the ps5 hardware.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

For the OG Xbox for sure but what else did the OG Xbox have. It was a different story for the PS3. It was cows claiming power and you were right in the front leading the cheer with the Cell processor. Lems were reactionary with sales AND power all spurned by cows making those claims prior to the release. What's the power didn't translate and the sales were sub par did lems say anything. Cows brought that wrath on themselves but by all means try and change the narrative.

You people? You mean gamers because unlike you, we actually game on multiple systems.

For teh OG xbox and for the xbox 360 as well,you hyped superior versions of games over the PS consoles period,so in 2013 you people got what you deserved,but the fun part is how you instantly changed your opinion in 2013 to 720p is ok and graphics are only for PC.

It was you who owned your self i didn't do it.

You don't own a system the only thing you own is your self, every time you start tiping to defend the xbox one and find out latter (by me) that you were running a counter point dowplaying what you now hype.

@lamprey263 said:

Did MS say exactly the hardware they are using other than saying they'll use a SSD and what kind of RAM they're using, I feel since Sony isn't saying what PS5 will be that they've bought time to adjust hardware specs to have a more powerful machine, I think MS isn't being specific either in hopes to have wiggle room on their end. But MS did put a release date out there meaning if Sony waits later to release theirs then they can leapfrog it on power. I think both are committed to having a more powerful machine but neither knows what the other is bringing.

Yeah i remember how lemmings claimed this also in 2012 and 2013,it never materialize which gave foot to MS taking lemmings for fools and selling them the magic cloud that would increse the xbox one power 3 times,and DX12 which would double the performance of the xbox one.

Non of the 2 happen which is why they release an X model.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@Pedro: I'll tell you right now I don't care about power unless we're looking at a PS2 /Xbox situation. We both know they're going to be almost identical when it comes to multiplats. Anyone that brags about PS4 differences to X1 or X1X differences to Pro are just gloating /trying to troll. The differences were never anything to write home about. I care about exclusives and ease of use which Sony had hands down this gen.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Meh, it'll be a mid tier box at best, just like the Xbox. Does it really matter at this point?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Meh, it'll be a mid tier box at best, just like the Xbox. Does it really matter at this point?

No it doesn't matter.

Regardless of which is more powerful I'll pick the PS5 since Xbox has no exclusive games and all MS games are best played on PC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

For teh OG xbox and for the xbox 360 as well,you hyped superior versions of games over the PS consoles period,so in 2013 you people got what you deserved,but the fun part is how you instantly changed your opinion in 2013 to 720p is ok and graphics are only for PC.

It was you who owned your self i didn't do it.

You don't own a system the only thing you own is your self, every time you start tiping to defend the xbox one and find out latter (by me) that you were running a counter point dowplaying what you now hype.

@lamprey263 said:

Yeah i remember how lemmings claimed this also in 2012 and 2013,it never materialize which gave foot to MS taking lemmings for fools and selling them the magic cloud that would increse the xbox one power 3 times,and DX12 which would double the performance of the xbox one.

Lack or reading comprehension? 360 was after cows were making power claims BEFORE it launched. After it launched and it became painfully obvious to cows(and the rest of the world) that the PS3 wasn't more powerful, in the real world, did lems start talking about it. That falls squarely on cows for talking all that shit prior to it's launch. Good job at failing to understand what you read

You mean gamers got what we deserved? Not sure what you mean by YOU people. Sorry el tormented but YOU might live and die by a video game manufacturer but most rational people don't. I couldn't care less about Sony, MS or Nintendo in real life, just my SWs persona. You seem to live your life by what some arbitrary, doesn't give a crap about you but your money company does. You ever notice I don't post much or hardly ever on the weekends or after 5pm PST? I just don't care that much about SWs, MS, Sony or any other gaming company outside of killing time at work. Gaming is a hobby and I see it as that, a hobby. You seem to see it as a lifestyle and unless you're getting paid to game or work for one of these companies, it makes you look like a fool.

So we're back to the "i know you are but what am I" defense. What's your gamertag el tormented? I've shared mine, have you?

You're not a clown of SWs for nothing

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Lack or reading comprehension? 360 was after cows were making power claims BEFORE it launched. After it launched and it became painfully obvious to cows(and the rest of the world) that the PS3 wasn't more powerful, in the real world, did lems start talking about it. That falls squarely on cows for talking all that shit prior to it's launch. Good job at failing to understand what you read

You mean gamers got what we deserved? Not sure what you mean by YOU people. Sorry el tormented but YOU might live and die by a video game manufacturer but most rational people don't. I couldn't care less about Sony, MS or Nintendo in real life, just my SWs persona. You seem to live your life by what some arbitrary, doesn't give a crap about you but your money company does. You ever notice I don't post much or hardly ever on the weekends or after 5pm PST? I just don't care that much about SWs, MS, Sony or any other gaming company outside of killing time at work. Gaming is a hobby and I see it as that, a hobby. You seem to see it as a lifestyle and unless you're getting paid to game or work for one of these companies, it makes you look like a fool.

So we're back to the "i know you are but what am I" defense. What's your gamertag el tormented? I've shared mine, have you?

You're not a clown of SWs for nothing

The PS3 was more powerful than the 360 and was show with games like TLOU uncharted 3 and others,MS had an easier to code machine but for fact spec wise the PS3 was stronger. Still that doesn't change the fact that you hyped 360 superior version period.

You can spin it all you want you claim Graphics were for PC and consoles for exclusives you can't get on PC so again you owned your self is not me is you.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

So this one console we know nothing about will be more powerful than this other console we know nothing about?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lamprey263 said:

I am not saying one way or other who will have a more powerful console, only that I believe both are being tight-lipped and not setting plans in stone to try to remain flexible in hopes they can change final design to out-perfotm other in hardware. If either comes out early and says what final specs are then the other only needs to modify hardware slightly to maintain the performance edge.

That being said, MS announcing a release window at E3 might give Sony an opportunity, since Sony hasn't officially set their window, they can opt out of releasing around same time, just delaying release by a few months to a year could be enough to allow them the performance edge, but they'd have to decide whether that advatage outweighs giving their competitor a head start.

I have no doubt that each is closely watching the other, after all that talk just a few weeks ago on Twitter Sony reps made statements of PS5 doing 8K and eliminating load times and utlizing SSD and that certainly influenced MS matching those claims in their own presentation at E3.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

If MS releases a weaker XB2 than PS5 they will be dead in the water so they better not...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6047 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

So this one console we know nothing about will be more powerful than this other console we know nothing about?

Bingo :)

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#85 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@EG101 said:

If MS releases a weaker XB2 than PS5 they will be dead in the water so they better not...

That would be great.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@kuu2 said:

Power matters again.........???

Power always mattered, for BASE console development for each generation! After that power is meaningless.

It's no one's fault you simple lemmings got hyped over a mid-gen system that did fvck all for BASE console development. This is the same reason why high end PC's 10X more powerful than consoles are only playing current gen 2013 console developed games only with wasted assets in extra frames and higher resolution.

Power matters for the BASE console going into each generations because that power dictates where games development starts for the duration of each generation.

Point is, after the base line of power for development is set, the only thing that matters each gen is the games developed with that power.

No one really gives a damn about a few extra frames or pixels if they're still playing the same damn game.

PS4 was the baseline for development this gen being the market leader, so no matter how much more powerful the system you had, you were still only playing PS4 developed games with a coat of sugar on top.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@xhawk27: No one knows, also specs do end up changing. Besides the Dev Kits are not final for retail release. If anything, the first Dev Kits may have been scorpio based until MS got their hands on a Zen 2 and Navi GPU.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BoxRekt

To follow up on lems ignorance and misunderstanding over power, since the lot of them don't believe in generations.

Power ONLY matters for what the base console has in each generation to determine what the cut off line is for how far development can be pushed in mainstream games.

THIS is why generations matter.

Sorry to tell you lems your $500 X was a wasted purchase because you were still only playing 2013 1.3TF Xbox One games just with a coat of paint. No games were developed for either Xbox One X or PS4 Pro! They were just buffed and shined similar to how they do for PC ports.

Next gen, yes, power matters (as it has mattered EVERY gen *morons*) to set the baseline for game development. That's it. After this is established, the ONLY thing that matters is what developers do with that power to create games.

THIS, is why xbox fails. You guys don't even know WHY power matters, it aint resolution or a few extra frames.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@lamprey263: Both consoles will use AMD hardware, CPU and GPU. So, this competition is a bit silly. More like which console will AMD make more powerful?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BoxRekt
@Kjranu said:

@lamprey263: Both consoles will use AMD hardware, CPU and GPU. So, this competition is a bit silly. More like which console will AMD make more powerful?

No, more like which console's parent company co-developing contribution make it more powerful!

If you hadn't notice BOTH Sony and MS have said they work with AMD to custom develop chips for their next gen system so that is going to the major difference between the 2 systems unless one paid a significant higher price for the tech.

BTW: Sony is the actual TECHNOLOGY, HARDWARE and DEVELOPMENT company, MS is the software company. Take that as you will.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@Tessellation said:

so ?i am not talking about the specs,i am saying all the people with the leaks have same ones that is all. rumored specs leaks : DF leaks = Vgleaks = DF leaks.

Oh boy.. If i see it once i see it 1000 times..Is 2013 all over again..

Wait power doesn't matter? So maybe i imagine those lemmings hypping the XBO X since 2016 after 4 years of 720p been great and power not mattering.

Damn old fart basement dweller you still that obsessed over me? i even got the email from gamespot that some dweller is @ at me... i dont even use this board yet we have cows remembering me after the hurt i caused you.

NUSNA_Moebius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By NUSNA_Moebius
Member since 2014 • 118 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@goldenelementxl said:

NAVI is a good foundation to scale towards 44 to 64 CU

RX 5700's 40 CU, 64 ROPS and 256 bit bus could scale 60 CU with 96 ROPS and 384bit bus.

RX 5800 model is intentionally reserve as higher NAVI SKU.

AMD finally mastered 64 ROPS with 256 bit bus design like GTX 1080.

When Dr. Su mentioned two more things at the end of the E3 show, I was really thinking the GPU surprise was going to be a 5800 or 5900.

Oh, an anniversary edition 5700 XT.........woohoo. That said, I might actually spring for the 5700 XT when it releases, just because I can. I'm only semi-satisfied with my RX 570 4GB, but it was a big 'ol jump from an R9 270 ;)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@Kjranu said:

No, more like which console's parent company co-developing contribution make it more powerful!

If you hadn't notice BOTH Sony and MS have said they work with AMD to custom develop chips for their next gen system so that is going to the major difference between the 2 systems unless one paid a significant higher price for the tech.

BTW: Sony is the actual TECHNOLOGY, HARDWARE and DEVELOPMENT company, MS is the software company. Take that as you will.

MS is one of industry's leading x86 C++ compiler, virtual machine(Hyper-V) and profiling software technology. NVIDIA has a large software team to optimize it's hardware for software. e.g. Unreal Engine 4 bias.

For 16 nm era silicon with both MS and Sony has Polaris IP baseline GPU design.

• MS selected rasterzation improvements (e.g. graphics pipeline's lower latency and ROPS with high speed 2MB cache improvements). MS requested hardware variable shading rate and FP10 support features. MS has been influenced by NVIDIA's Maxwell design path with a bias towards rasterzation improvements.
  • Sony selected CU's rapid pack math improvements with TFLOPS bias. Sony requested hardware checker-board feature. Sony followed it's CELL mindset with high FLOPS bias, hence rapid pack math improvements.

MS helped AMD with game software profiling for X1X GPU design and it shows with X1X's superiority over PS4 Pro. For X1X, MS pushed AMD to design silicon for games NOT games for silicon.

MS XBO's API beating PS4's API on efficiency.

Both MS and Sony starts from NAVI IP baseline GPU design during 7 nm era silicon.

Microsoft/NVIDIA pushed the industry towards DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing with Xbox Scarlet's hardware accelerated ray-tracing being confirmed.

Microsoft/NVIDIA's DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing is based on BVH search tree ray-tracing model. AMD is being pushed towards NVIDIA influenced DXR.

Will Sony follow Microsoft's DXR for hardware accelerated ray-tracing path? Sony has to confirm "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing.

NAVI's wavefront length being reduced from 64 to 32 effectively means NVIDIA won the GpGPU compute fight! NAVI = poor man's CUDA like GPU.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ronvalencia

@lamprey263 said:
@tormentos said:
@lamprey263 said:

I am not saying one way or other who will have a more powerful console, only that I believe both are being tight-lipped and not setting plans in stone to try to remain flexible in hopes they can change final design to out-perfotm other in hardware. If either comes out early and says what final specs are then the other only needs to modify hardware slightly to maintain the performance edge.

That being said, MS announcing a release window at E3 might give Sony an opportunity, since Sony hasn't officially set their window, they can opt out of releasing around same time, just delaying release by a few months to a year could be enough to allow them the performance edge, but they'd have to decide whether that advatage outweighs giving their competitor a head start.

I have no doubt that each is closely watching the other, after all that talk just a few weeks ago on Twitter Sony reps made statements of PS5 doing 8K and eliminating load times and utlizing SSD and that certainly influenced MS matching those claims in their own presentation at E3.

The source remains the same for both MS and Sony i.e. AMD is pushing for PCI-E 4.0. Super fast loading is an extension from AMD's tiled resource push i.e. tiled resource's texture quality improves with faster data storage.

Windows gaming PC already has PCI-E based SSD and VESA's Display Port 1.4 can already display 8K 60 hz with Free-Sync.

VESA's Display Port = PC industry, mostly China/Taiwan and US PC companies.

HDMI = Hollywood industry i.e. mostly Japan, South Korean and US Hollywood companies.

PS; Intel is pushing for PCI-E 5.0 in 2021.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tormentos

@Tessellation said:

Oh boy.. If i see it once i see it 1000 times..Is 2013 all over again..

Wait power doesn't matter? So maybe i imagine those lemmings hypping the XBO X since 2016 after 4 years of 720p been great and power not mattering.

Damn old fart basement dweller you still that obsessed over me? i even got the email from gamespot that some dweller is @ at me... i dont even use this board yet we have cows remembering me after the hurt i caused you.

No my spambot friend i was just using a blind fanboy who doubted rumors in 2013 to make a point.

Hahahahaa...

We miss you on this account,so stop using the other one..lol

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BoxRekt
@mclarenmaster18 said:

PS5 will be more powerful than Xbox Scarlett? Who knows? but in past months I heard rumours saying Xbox Scarlett will be more powerful than PS5.

Well lets find by 2020!

The difference wont be enough to make an actual graphical difference.

Multiplats are likely to be virtually identical visually due to diminishing returns for power at that level. Only coded to the metal exclusives would be able to present any type of graphical difference between the 2 systems.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By tormentos

@mclarenmaster18 said:

PS5 will be more powerful than Xbox Scarlett? Who knows? but in past months I heard rumours saying Xbox Scarlett will be more powerful than PS5.

Well lets find by 2020!

Please link them.

There are rumors and there are rumors,if you heard it from the mouth of a blind fanboy no that is not valid,what is been claim was say by a journalist who was on E3 and claimed he was told by developers that sony's machine was more powerful.

I haven't read a single journalist or leaker claming scarlet would be more powerful.

@ronvalencia said:

Microsoft/NVIDIA pushed the industry towards DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing with Xbox Scarlet's hardware accelerated ray-tracing being confirmed.

Microsoft/NVIDIA's DXR/RTX hardware accelerated ray-tracing is based on BVH search tree ray-tracing model. AMD is being pushed towards NVIDIA influenced DXR.

Will Sony follow Microsoft's DXR for hardware accelerated ray-tracing path? Sony has to confirm "hardware accelerated" ray-tracing.

NAVI's wavefront length being reduced from 64 to 32 effectively means NVIDIA won the GpGPU compute fight! NAVI = poor man's CUDA like GPU.

PlayStation’s next-generation console ticks all those boxes, starting with an AMD chip at the heart of the device. (Warning: some alphabet soup follows.) The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company’s new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments. While ray tracing is a staple of Hollywood visual effects and is beginning to worm its way into high-end processors and Nvidia’s recently announced RTX line, no game console has been able to manage it.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

The signs point at hardware based ray tracing.

The AMD chip also includes a custom unit for 3D audio that Cerny thinks will redefine what sound can do in a videogame.

Ray tracing is compare to Nvidia side which is hardware based,and after the ray tracing part they claim the chip will ALSO have a custom unit for 3d audio,the use of the word also on chip after ray tracing means hardware based.

Sony will probably have to clarify but from what it looks it look like the PS5 will have hardware based solution.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Have fun fighting about 0.02% difference in power between PS and Xbox. Amuse us PC gamers.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@Litchie said:

Have fun fighting about 0.02% difference in power between PS and Xbox. Amuse us PC gamers.

Seriously, gonna need to use the Hubble space telescope to find any difference. lol

Now, Super Mighty Anaconda on the other hand... :P